Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:12 am

If worst come to worst, there is the possibility of putting a temporary cross while you save money to put a headstone later on.

As hard as it is, you should not get further into debt over that.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 13 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Oct 17, 2014 4:46 am

Yeah, you also have to pay for a plot of land at the cemetary. It's illegal to my knowledge to bury people on your property in most places if you're not a licensed cemetary.

Not to presume of course, my grandfather prepared so maybe your dad did as well and you guys are just struggling with the tombstone.

Sorry if I'm being insensitive, or misunderstanding, I don't mean to.

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:56 am

Google wrote:"The average cost of a traditional funeral, including embalming and a metal casket, is almost $6,600, according to the most recent data from the National Funeral Directors Association."

Probably varies from country to country though.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:23 pm

We buried him a week ago; the plot of land and that stuff is already paid for. I have 6 months to put up a headstone. Anyway, I'm just gonna have to look around a little more to see what I can find. Sorry if I made the thread a downer.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:51 pm

Shit Iron that sucks. See if you can talk to the local church and get your community involved, they might be able to be motivated to do something. 

I'd throw money your way but I don't really know how to use paypal and such.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:22 pm

I agree with Tyler on this one. Talking to the local churches is likely a good starting place.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Oct 17, 2014 1:27 pm

Ironmonger wrote:Sorry if I made the thread a downer.
Don't you ever worry about that. As distant as we are, and as little as we can do, we are and will still be there for you.

I'll see if I can look into a way for people to easily throw money your way. It should be easy with Paypal. And alternatively, GoFundMe is a thing that exist.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 17, 2014 2:48 pm

Best of luck to you in your endeavors.
I'm sure it'll all work out somehow.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 17, 2014 3:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Don't you ever worry about that. As distant as we are, and as little as we can do, we are and will still be there for you.

I'll see if I can look into a way for people to easily throw money your way. It should be easy with Paypal. And alternatively, GoFundMe is a thing that exist.

I talked to my mom and my aunt about GoFundMe. Now I just need to talk to the funeral home to see if and how I can get the money from Point A to Point B. I've never done online money transaction stuff before.

By the way, I have some other good news; 4 of my siblings are going to pitch in, but I don't know how much they will give. Two of my siblings are almost dirt-poor, so they're understandably not donating, but I don't know about the other three.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:18 pm

Good news whoever that cares! I'm halfway done with the first volume :3
Might have slipped a little on some of the minor adjustments, or attempts to correct/justify characters. (though, feel like chars trial off more than in the original at times, but eh) But around 95 % of the primary polish looks flawless. Some parts it comes off a little stiff, but for the most part, it flows organically. Assuming you're not a narrow minded prick that only accepts holywood norms xP

@Tytan: Take it that's a char from fic or a blog?

@Iron: Mind giving a quick recap of what's going on? Didn't find the original post of what the funeral thing was about.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:29 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Iron: Mind giving a quick recap of what's going on? Didn't find the original post of what the funeral thing was about.

On October 6, my dad died in his sleep while my mom, someone else, and myself were holding him. We buried him on the 10th. We lost what income we had when he passed. Because of that, and the fact we have medical bills high enough to make a doctor's wallet cringe, we can't afford a proper headstone. I'm trying to find a way to get the funds to give him one.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Fri Oct 17, 2014 7:58 pm

@Katt, Yes it is.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Fri Oct 17, 2014 10:32 pm

@Iron: Ah, that really sucks. Can't really think of much to say other than the "condolences" and stuff.

@Tytan: Ok. As usual, questionable of them, as I am with any "implied" character, but they might be okay.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:36 am

She is generally accepted to be a likeable character.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 18, 2014 6:25 am

Historical military & art people:

this is pretty cool
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:52 am

Trigger Warnings:

Reaction image, maybe:

I am intrigued
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:37 am

Tytan wrote:She is generally accepted to be a likeable character.
Okies.
But yeah, there's a lot of chars that's just a slab of flat cardboard, yet are still considered a "likeable character", ("because") despite their utter lack of character xP (Like a huge chunk of 18+ blog OC's) So that doesn't tell me too much ;P But that said, not doubting they can have a possiblity to be a likable, actual character, not just an archetype. But so far, you've not given me anything to go on.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 18, 2014 9:47 am

Do you really expect people to give you an exhaustive summary of a character's whole Arc, from a story you haven't read, simply because you ask for it; just so that you can more easily judge if said character fits into your own preconceptions?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:01 am

She starts off stupid and becomes only slightly less stupid as the story continues.

If she became smart, you'd have a very short story since she'd probably end up leaving the crazy world she's found herself in and hide out in a cave until it all blows over, with or without her help.

Unless we're thinking of different characters from different stories?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Oct 18, 2014 10:33 am

tswicked wrote:Yo frost, I was on the fimfiction homepage and a story popped up in the popular stories bar called "Rainbow Dash Gets Mad Rutty With An M1A2 Abrams - A Romantic Tale".

It's clop, so I won't link it, but it seemed about as frostbait as you can get without batponies getting involved.
I'll have to look it up once I'm done with Worm. I'm in the home stretch as it is.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:48 am

This has got to be someones bait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:00 pm

I think Celestia's Swickedbait

...Samurlestia?

I forgot which movie studio thing had the unicorn:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Oct 18, 2014 12:56 pm

Tristar. Which is now Columbia Tristar, with the logo used being Columbia's.

Also, it was a pegasus, not a unicorn.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 18, 2014 1:06 pm

Been a while since I saw the CT logo

That, or I'm not really paying attention to the 30 seconds of logos that precede movies nowadays...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Oct 18, 2014 2:50 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Do you really expect people to give you an exhaustive summary of a character's whole Arc, from a story you haven't read, simply because you ask for it; just so that you can more easily judge if said character fits into your own preconceptions?
They didn't explain if it was a tubmlr pony, or a pony from a story. Just "yes".
And not if it fits my perceptions, just a brief resume. Like, if going with a action movie example: Is the main character ANYTHING beside a gritty, tough badass, murrican straight white man with profession experience within the government, that has a love interest that's either dead, or that he has to rescue? If their entire personality and everything they do in an entire story can be summed in one short sentence, there's likely not much "character" in them. Like ex: Beach Ball. Just a blank slate piece of cardboard with a tinge of implied stereotype personality.

Like, if you were asked to describe ex: Wolverine or "that guy from the transformers movie", which one could you give a more thorough explanation about? Granted, I'm not asking for a novel.
Just something more than ex: "Nope. They have nothing, they only exist for one purpose, and the only sign of personality they have is making 90's references in ways that implies for you to fuck her. Otherwise they got no self-regard or function outside of that." (and I know at least 16 characters that fits in well on, with alterations on the 90's thing)

So no, I'm not expecting a life story resume, nor it tailored to my liking. Just a brief mention like, if we take P-21: "Sole male survivor of stable 99. Started off as very resentful and angry. Went against his oppressive, sexist upbringing and taught himself things he wasn't allowed to. Despite being repeatedly raped and used sexually against his will, he eventually mostly got over, or at least made exceptions in his hatred for women because of what they'd done to them, and formed a bond with Blackjack, along with becoming further proficient in lockpicking and demolition." (far from as accurate or good as it could be, but you get the point) Just something better than like: "P-21: Ex cumbucket. Stills blows stuff." (And granted, it's kinda what they'd be if you removed their personality and whatnot. Trailing off here, my bad. In short: Just wanted to know if they're more than a cliché one trick pony.)

@Vinyl: Sounds familiar to Blackjack xD

@EP: Btw, anyone know where might be the best place to post the revised PH later?
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:48 pm

I've just discovered this. It's hilarious. Probably the best of that channel.

How many times the characters in movies would actually be very, very dead? Currently for Die Hard (1 and 2 - 5) and Home Alone (1, 2).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Oct 18, 2014 4:57 pm

Seen that long time ago. It's interesting.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:36 pm

<p>So I was playing WoW today for the first time after the patch. The new models look awesome, the faces are a lot more expressive now.<span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span></p>

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:40 pm

Whoa. You mean, it only took 10 years for them to create better models? Not 15, not 20, only just 10?

IS NOT POSSIBLE!

(I'll add a nice picture to make my post be not completely pointless.)
A nice picture.:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Oct 19, 2014 4:47 am

"This only raises further questions!"
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 31 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 22 ... 31  Next