Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+19
Moodyman90
tylertoon2
iLateralGX
RoboRed
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Cptadder
brony all alone
Kattlarv
Scienza
Ketchup
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Stringtheory
Frost
Katarn
Tytan
Vinylshadow
23 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 12:57 am

tylertoon2 wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Unfortunately all this does prove is that no matter what group you say your belong to, there will always be some asshats who claim to be in the same group and ruins it for everybody both inside and out of it.
Shortened:
There is much truth here.
Indeed. 
Luckily, due to the tons of well made fanworks we are at least at a somewhat redeemable level now. Just try not to support terrible fan works or else we might further suffer from what I like to call the Sonic Fallacy. AKA people not liking something because of terrible fans.

I wouldn't think it's the responsibility of a group to redeem itself of a few assholes.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:21 am

Ranger up, buttercup:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 15, 2014 1:39 am

Last wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:
Scienza wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:Unfortunately all this does prove is that no matter what group you say your belong to, there will always be some asshats who claim to be in the same group and ruins it for everybody both inside and out of it.
Shortened:
There is much truth here.
Indeed. 
Luckily, due to the tons of well made fanworks we are at least at a somewhat redeemable level now. Just try not to support terrible fan works or else we might further suffer from what I like to call the Sonic Fallacy. AKA people not liking something because of terrible fans.

I wouldn't think it's the responsibility of a group to redeem itself of a few assholes.
I suppose it depends on what you mean by "redeem itself".

See what happen to Islam in the Western World just because of a few assholes.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:09 am

I mean the definition of the word.  

If you do something wrong you're responsible for making up for it. If someone in your group or the group you indentify with does wrong by someone it's their (The person who did it) responsibilty to make up for it.

Yeah, some people are going to judge the group based on the actions of individuals. Some people in the group will attempt go out of their way to improve the image those actions might conjure, but that's not their duty. It's not something they should be obligated to do. The group owes no one an apology, unless they are the actions of the group as a whole.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:26 am

I agree with your moral judgment.

However, moral and politics are not correlated.

If the majority does nothing to distance themselves from the troublemakers, then their silence and inaction will be confused for agreement. Thus, for their own goods, it becomes their duty to clean their own ranks, or at the very least to state very clearly that the actions of a minority does not reflect the thoughts and leanings of the majority.

It sucks but that's how things work.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:37 am

@Group responsibility discussion
Remember, some while ago we had discussion about police force and how majority are good people, but just do nothing about their colleges (I might be wrong on wording, but someone here said basically the same)? Well yes. IT IS group responsibility to either 're-educate' one of their own or make sure to expel those and make as much distance (metaphorical) between group and 'trouble makers'.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 6:57 am

If we were talking about a company (a group) who actively supports it's members through wages and other benefits, then I agree. If we're talking about political groups, where for the purposes of this discussion they might as well be a company because they support their members in much the same way, I agree again.

But when we're talking about about religions, races, sexes, nationalities and fandoms? Where the group's members are very large in number, spread out (for the most part) and loosely related at best? Unless it's the leaders of those groups I disagree. Entirely.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:03 am

They dedicate rides to talk show hosts at Disney world?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:48 am

What. Why isn't it just a Bill Nye ride?

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Oct 15, 2014 2:34 pm

I've been to a con. It was great.

Use of tactical facepalm advised in the event of Shepdance:

I wonder if this lady knows anything:

The "Best Female Performer" award:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Oct 15, 2014 5:59 pm

swicked wrote:All I can think of is "Sexy Diablo".
Well, kinda. She's a Draenei.

I'll sift for some more good pictures tomorrow.

Maybe I'll even show me! Hundreds of people have already seen my shameful display anyway, so... the dignity is already non-existent. Twilight
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Oct 15, 2014 7:16 pm

Huh... did not expect to find BJ in a 18+ pony folio... still, it got some of my mood back to keep revising PH to justify the effort put into that pic. That grade 4 tumour business really took the motivation out of me.

@Valik: She's not even body painted blue! Heresy! xP
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:06 pm

The FBI is the hip intelligence agency.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Oct 15, 2014 9:44 pm

I can't believe I'm in the most acronym-obsessed organization in the planet and I've never heard "BOGSAT" before. That's brilliant
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Oct 15, 2014 10:06 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I can't believe I'm in the most acronym-obsessed organization in the planet and I've never heard "BOGSAT" before. That's brilliant
BOGSATs are how the world is run.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:59 am

So..they what..? Opened Urban Dictionary or some 'Internet slung dictionary' and made a document? Or maybe they hired someone from 4ch.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:07 am

Unrelated...

I was thinking, considering the atrocities the actual, historical Nazi commited before and during the war, and planned to do after they won (see: Generalplan Öst);

I get a feeling what the behavior of the Nazi in "Wolfenstein: The New Order" is actually relatively tame compared to what tve actual, historical Nazi would have done with equivalent tech and strategic dominance.

And that is saying a lot.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:10 am

Also, the thing that gave the game its title:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/New_Order_(Nazism)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 16, 2014 8:38 am

Is it what being aromantic is like, or is it something else?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:22 am

I had a fuckin weird dream for me last night.

Long story short it was a kinda racist episode of MLP about sustainable agriculture with some 'fuk-duh-guvment' undertones.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:07 am

Aren't there members of her extended family that grow carrots and oranges?

I wonder where THEIR fields are in Ponyville

Hello lovelies, did you miss me?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 am

swicked wrote:I dunno. I would have figured being simply aromantic (which I might very well be on top of this) would simply consist of feeling nothing and being, at most, a bit annoyed at a break in the story for stuff I didn't personally care for. In my own relationship, I just kinda try to randomly fake it at times.
The feeling of reading it is outright unpleasant, though. Like... revulsion.
Odd. I usually have little-to-no stomach for romance in a story and despise when it intrudes on the main plot, but I actually find Worm's romance quite well-written and well-fitting with the rest of the story (due in no small part to how character-driven the story is.)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:10 am

I think the racism came in when they were talking about not relying on crops from other countries.

And I think there was something about the nonspecific government telling them that they should buy some spice for some reason.

Then there was a musical number about all of it while they planted all their own food.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:17 am

*sings*
♪♫Racist barn, racist barn...♫♪
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:22 am

Sounds more like a closed-borders kind of thing.

Eh, worst case scenario, they dump a bunch of spices into the harbor and start a revolution.

I can't imagine Applejack turning down an opportunity to at least TRY planting something other than apples...

For all we know, her Cutie Mark simply means she's good at running Sweet Apple Acres, and that anything can grow there.

Wouldn't be a pony dream without a musical number...so long as the Flim Flam Brothers weren't in it.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:42 am

Vinylshadow wrote:Hello lovelies, did you miss me?
No.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:47 am

Aw, missed you too~♥

Nice Fleur DeLis icon
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Oct 16, 2014 12:39 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Aw, missed you too~
No one is joking. No one likes you. Go the fuck away.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:11 pm

Now, I have to admit this one is pretty funny:

http://micthemicrophone.tumblr.com/post/100087907988/el-auria-sandandglass-not-even-john-mccain

Especially now that I have the... privilege... of knowing someone who gets violently angry every time he hear someone speak Arabic...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 16, 2014 1:16 pm

Robolulz: https://36.media.tumblr.com/399ead5e0fbe51b347f6bc8d02502119/tumblr_n13jnrjvbW1rlxg3ho1_500.jpg
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next