Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
iLateralGX
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Tytan
Stringtheory
OneMoreDaySK
Katarn
O. Hinds
Frost
Scienza
StoneSlinger88
Vinylshadow
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
20 posters

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scienza Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:19 am

swicked wrote:Jolee was my second favorite kill on my darkside run. I don't think I liked him as much as you did.
My first was Mission, of course :D
Part of the reason why I like Jolee so much is that he's just so refreshing of a character. Maybe it's just that I've read/played/watched way too much Star Wars, but a lot of it boils down to the fact that the wise old hermit is basically the number one trope in Star Wars after space battles and laser swords. Obi-Wan was one, Yoda was one, ninety percent of the Jedi and Sith you encounter are/were/will become one. So when you find a wise old hermit living in a swamp and find out that he doesn't give a shit about your ideals, it's just so damn refreshing, especially since he's largely right. Jolee's a lot like Kreia (who I also love) in that after fighting for his ideals for so long, he took a step back, looked at the grand scheme of things, and realized that the whole light/dark dichotomy was one big joke. He's cynical as hell, hilarious, and a damn useful party member.

Sure, he does seem a little less novel when the second game has basically an entire party of Jolees, but Atton ain't got shit on badass grandpa's wisecracks.

Last edited by Scienza on Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:32 am; edited 2 times in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:21 am

Katarn wrote:So..did I get it correct: one of authors(writers) of IDW introduced in comic OC of person, who hates bronies, because he was feeling guilty for been 'a white, educated cis male of the middle class'...
...well, I'm not sure, that he got what he deserved, might be cutting his salary or something would be enough, but  stringtheory made valid point here. What I don't understand, why being 'a white, educated cis male of the middle class' should be a problem or even privilege and person should feel guilty for it? Did he murdered or robbed someone for that?
There are people who say that African-Americans should receive reparations for slavery.

To repeat: many people think that a generation that has never actually experienced slavery (and, considering it's mostly called for by younger people, have been born and raised under a Constitutional Amendment specifically designed to protect them and their rights.) Should receive restitution for the ill-gained profits that their ancestors were exploited for, and that this money should come from a generation of Caucasians (yes, they're calling for people to be penalized because they're a certain race, and see no irony in this) that have never even seen an inherited cent of that wealth.

Likewise, the long-time prejudice against trans people has resulted in a backlash against people who match and are fine with their biological gender, as if that's any more their fault than a trans person not matching theirs.

As for being a male....yeah, for a long time, males have had quite a social advantage, and there are still large societal gaps between men and women--some in favor of men, some in favor of women--but biological sex is determined at conception with (statistically very slightly less than) 50/50 chances of being male. Somehow that makes them something to be loathed.

It's not exactly a secret that apologists, "Social Justice Warriors", and various other flavors of racist/sexist (it's not "reverse racism/sexism"; it's just the textbook definition of racism and sexism with a different target) don't need little things like "logic" to get in the way of them being angry, and it's certainly clear that they don't actually espouse the ideals of equality they claim to champion so much as they use it as an excuse to seek some infantile conception of "fairness"
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:30 am

Hum... greatly underestimated how much editing I'd do xD
Thought I could get like, 2-3 chapters a day, got ½. I thought it'd just be to clean up and variate, but damn. So much to tinker with to have it make sense and have the characters come off as intended. Hoping I won't need a editor for my editing, that'd kinda mess up half the point of it haha. Ah well.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:37 am

You know, Frost. We have some feminist movement here too. And I'm absolutely fine with women wanting to be equal with men. In organization where I work, in some regions it can be 96% of women working (I'm working in State Statistic Service). So..my point. When this feminists would fight for women to work 'equally' with men in construction or mining jobs - I would be fine. In most cases here, when they demand rights - they, in fact, demand prevelegies.
Most of my co-workers are women, they are smart, including in IT. Head of our department, if needed, can do job of almost anyone in our department.

Someone mentioned, that it's legacy of Soviet way of treating everyone..maybe.
I think I've lost my thought in all of it..eh. Main point...I can't understand why it's not call'd racism or sexism, when it turned around.
And, I'm sorry, but:
close your ears/eyes, kids:
Sorry for outburst.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:40 am

Katarn wrote:You know, Frost. We have some feminist movement here too. And I'm absolutely fine with women wanting to be equal with men. In organization where I work, in some regions it can be 96% of women working (I'm working in State Statistic Service). So..my point. When this feminists would fight for women to work 'equally' with men in construction or mining jobs - I would be fine. In most cases here, when they demand rights - they, in fact, demand prevelegies.
Most of my co-workers are women, they are smart, including in IT. Head of our department, if needed, can do job of almost anyone in our department.

Someone mentioned, that it's legacy of Soviet way of treating everyone..maybe.
I think I've lost my thought in all of it..eh. Main point...I can't understand why it's not call'd racism or sexism, when it turned around.
And, I'm sorry, but:
close your ears/eyes, kids:
Sorry for outburst.
Yeah, I think we're in much the same line of thought. I'm all for equal rights. Start demanding special rights and there the problems begin.

Unrelated:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:44 am

@swicked
Been, generally, good person, I can't force myself to do evil acts in games, even if it benefits me or I would see 'other side of game'. I felt bad by just reading why you've done.

p.s.
I don't mean, that you are bad person for doing that. In the end - it's just game. It's just that I wouldn't be able to do that, even if I try to.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:50 am

@Frost
Ayuh; I might well be on the opposite end of the policy divide as you on welfare (I forget), but I'm much more on board with quality of life-based welfare over race-based welfare. The former does exactly what good the latter does and then some - families that have seen stagnation get help to overcome generations of poverty. But it doesn't hold with the silly notion that an African-American family of millionaires should get money from the government because they'd be even better off if they'd had more time to do empire-building like the Vanderbilts or what-have-you.

As for apologists, I find that too often they confuse "understandable" with "right." As in, "It's understandable that they're angry and bigoted," versus "It's right that they're angry and bigoted." A Bible Belt teen who throws rocks at his gay classmate because his mom, dad, and pastor all told him that homosexuals are the spawn of the Devil is understandable. A tumblring teen who says all male people should be put in gulags because they were exposed to the kind of toxic-but-persuasive rhetoric of extreme pseudo-feminism (most extremists have this kind of rhetoric) is similarly understandable. Neither are right, and neither should be defended.

@Star Wars
This entire discussion goes right over my head. However, I feel like mentioning that my entire extended universe experience is this, apart from a few games. It was pretty atrocious.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:13 am

@drama:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:48 am

It was sith-someone, who he, later, was forced to kill, since she attacked him. Or was it just Imperial-someone. I don't quite remember.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:01 pm

Yes, pretty much.
Though I try NOT to be paladin-the-light-bringer. That sucks.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:26 pm

Thank you Super Skip Taris

Although it's rather hilarious to arrive on Dantooine in your underwear (Thank you sexy underwear mod)

I'm way too much of a goody-two-shoes to even consider killing party members, even if you look badass as a Sith

Mandeponian sounds good
maybe Maredeporian as an insult?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:08 pm

No, I have not, because I am as Light Sided as Light Sided can be
That, and I've only ever gotten as far as getting Mira - kinda lost interest in the game at that point, felt like it was starting to drag its feet

Both Peragus and Citadel station felt like over-long prologues to me

Swicked/Robo bait?:

Beavernator's pony comics are adorable
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:10 pm

If I remember correctly, In RPGs, I play a generally good character, but I occasionally make choices based on what is better for the big picture, regardless if it's morally good or bad, even if it pains me.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:19 pm

So Microsoft just announced Windows 10.

I am just a tad confused as to what they are thinking with their naming scheme.

Edit: Apparently 7 ate 9. :(

Last edited by iLateralGX on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:21 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:21 pm

iLateralGX wrote:So Microsoft just announced Windows 10.

Um, source please? All I'm finding is April Fools jokes from 2013.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:23 pm

stringtheory wrote:

Hmm, it may be then.

Source nonetheless

Live Thread

Last edited by iLateralGX on Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:25 pm

iLateralGX wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

Hmm, it may be then.

Source nonetheless
Huh, might actually be legit then...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:28 pm

Yeah its looking pretty legit.

I guess Windows 10 makes about as much sense as Xbox One so whatever.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 1:38 pm

Strange things:

*looks at my Windows 7 laptop*

...I guess I better upgrade sometime soon, eh?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:00 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:
Strange things:

*looks at my Windows 7 laptop*

...I guess I better upgrade sometime soon, eh?
Nah, wait until we actually know it's worth upgrading to.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:08 pm

swicked wrote:
Katarn wrote:@swicked
Been, generally, good person, I can't force myself to do evil acts in games, even if it benefits me or I would see 'other side of game'. I felt bad by just reading why you've done.

p.s.
I don't mean, that you are bad person for doing that. In the end - it's just game. It's just that I wouldn't be able to do that, even if I try to.
Eh, I hate being good and love playing evil. Not pointlessly destructive, mass-murdering evil, but cruel and corrupt, manipulative, sick and twisted evil. I guess I'm kinda your opposite that way... Fooled You
I find myself opting for both flavors of evil with roughly equal frequency. 

Nice as it is to see those who thought themselves break down into bitter tears over the fallen corpses of those they slaughtered at your urging, sometimes you just wanna butt-fuck somebody with a chainsaw.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:10 pm

swicked wrote:I just read the latest (as of, like, a month or two ago) chapter of Harmony Theory! So exciting ^_^
Yay setbacks!
Oh, right; that. I knew I was forgetting something. I think I took a look at it, thought 'I don't have time to slog through 20-something-thousand words right now' and forgot about it for the entire period that I did, in fact, have that sort of time, and now I'm back to having barely a few moments of free time in a day.

EDIT: Unrelated, but I stumbled onto this and, for some reason, it reminded me of you.

Spoiler:

Last edited by Mister Frost on Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:40 pm; edited 1 time in total
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:33 pm

A chapter a day keeps the boredom at bay

//says he who powered through Fallout Equestria in three days and Horizons in a whole lotta months due to reading several other fanfics at the same time

I like long one-shots or stories with short quick chapters

Having 30,000 word chapters is pushing it
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Sep 30, 2014 2:49 pm

Katarn wrote:Yes, pretty much.
Though I try NOT to be paladin-the-light-bringer. That sucks.
I aim to be "good" most the time, but actually "logically" good xP

@Swicked: (RPG's) What game is that btw?

@Vinyl: (pony porn) I know the animator :P Twilight in the game is partially based off/helped create of me ;P
Currently having a clash with them though... as they collabed with the one of the arrogant princes of half-assing:Atryl. As it became just that: Half-assed. Looked like it could be good, but then just has this lazily tacked on thing as a "full blown/main content".. kinda like Atryl's contributions in all folios they've been in so far, bar the clean one... some half-assed, 20 second censor of their original work, that you have to pay extra to have uncensored in the "gold" edition. But yeah, can't say more without trailing off what's allowed in this forum xP *Sigh* Wish it was less haphazard though... just shoehorning something in for the sake of it being there isn't really the way to go imo...
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:00 pm

And people wonder why I dislike coffee:

Who knows what goes in it

Ooh, I like that artstyle though
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:05 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Nice as it is to see those who thought themselves break down into bitter tears over the fallen corpses of those they slaughtered at your urging, sometimes you just wanna butt-fuck somebody with a chainsaw.
Eh, while the occasional rampage can be fun, it lessens the roleplaying aspect in my mind. These characters with their own stories and voices become meat sacks of XP and GP. They don't seem as real that way and I just don't get much pleasure beyond the pretty explosions of gore. I like things to be personal. 
I can agree to that--that's why I pick the personal route just as often as the rampaging one. But, since I tend to overplay the fuck out of every RPG I have, there's bound to be at least one time around where I just say "Eh, what the fuck" and start slayin' bitches. The best one for that sort of thing is New Vegas, wherein, due to the near-total lack of Essential characters, even story-involved ones, you can happily murder your way through every single faction and still have quests and such to do. (Albieit far fewer, and thusly relegated to Yes Man questline and little else, so it's, as mentioned, best reserved for when you just want to have a little fun after a serious run-through).
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 30, 2014 3:40 pm

Oh crap, I've developed a quirk

When in doubt, murder everything that moves
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:11 pm

*finds an artist with an interesting style*

Oooh, this looks really cool! Maybe I should follow their blog?

*goes on their tumblr*

*content is almost exclusively porn*

I have... conflicting feeling about this.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:14 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:*finds an artist with an interesting style*

Oooh, this looks really cool! Maybe I should follow their blog?

*goes on their tumblr*

*content is almost exclusively porn*

I have... conflicting feeling about this.
I certainly know that feeling... Big mac
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Sep 30, 2014 4:28 pm

For reference, the artist who triggered this comment is Avante92.

Not gonna give any link, for obvious reasons.

Edit: they have a problem with posing, though. A number of poses are anatomically impossible.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 30 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30  Next