Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+16
iLateralGX
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Tytan
Stringtheory
OneMoreDaySK
Katarn
O. Hinds
Frost
Scienza
StoneSlinger88
Vinylshadow
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
20 posters

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 26, 2014 5:01 pm

Too late, Humble Bundle managed to get my money yet again Derpy Hooves

Thanks for your answer, still.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Cptadder Fri Sep 26, 2014 7:00 pm

Legend of Korra Book 4 trailer is out, going to just copy my post over
Spoilers ho!
:
The only thing I leave out of spoilers is the fact the trailer starts with a giant "Three years later"
Imgur breakdown of the trailer

Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:00 pm

I didn't make it through season 2, also that is some bad CG on those mechs.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:10 pm

I never watched past the end of Season 1. Not out of any deliberate abandonment, I just went to Basic and completely forgot about the series until I heard mentioned of "Book 3's finale" and realized I had little if any desire to go slogging through several hours of bootleg footage on the internet to catch up.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 26, 2014 8:55 pm

So Iron recommended Ava's Demon to me, and I have to say I love it so far. The art style, the science-fantasy setting, and the characters are spot-on as far as I've read (chapter four), plus,

I can't even describe how much I love this sentence :
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:04 pm

Mister Frost wrote:So Iron recommended Ava's Demon to me, and I have to say I love it so far. The art style, the science-fantasy setting, and the characters are spot-on as far as I've read (chapter four), plus,

I can't even describe how much I love this sentence :
Aye, it's awesome. Unfortunately, you missed it before the author self-censored the profanity for publishing reasons.

The greatest fourth panel ever:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:09 pm

I feel like, were I that sort of possessing demonghost, I'd at least have the decency to use proper grammar and punctuation.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:16 pm

Also, while the comic's not about gender politics at all, I think it's interesting how Wrathia was presented in life. It's usual for women in power, especially of the evil persuasion, to be devoid of all genuine positive emotions and either just be straight-up hyperviolently crazy or heartless seductresses (moreso the former if the woman is the real power, moreso the latter if she's the queen to a regent king) Good guys are more likely to have the king and queen co-ruling, while, as mentioned, evil usually either has the woman ruling alone or being a king's trophy queen. Wrathia, by contrast, co-rules with her husband/king and still commands her own armies (or at least her share of their armies) and seems to genuinely care for him and for their child/egg. It's oddly refreshing.

But, enough reflection. Time to get back to reading.

EDIT: ooor I could be done with it about five pages later.

Fuck, this needs to be longer.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I feel like, were I that sort of possessing demonghost, I'd at least have the decency to use proper grammar and punctuation.
For instance, I'd possess a butterfly or something:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 PBF038-Pyro_Billy
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Sep 26, 2014 11:31 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Also, while the comic's not about gender politics at all, I think it's interesting how Wrathia was presented in life. It's usual for women in power, especially of the evil persuasion, to be devoid of all genuine positive emotions and either just be straight-up hyperviolently crazy or heartless seductresses (moreso the former if the woman is the real power, moreso the latter if she's the queen to a regent king) Good guys are more likely to have the king and queen co-ruling, while, as mentioned, evil usually either has the woman ruling alone or being a king's trophy queen. Wrathia, by contrast, co-rules with her husband/king and still commands her own armies (or at least her share of their armies) and seems to genuinely care for him and for their child/egg. It's oddly refreshing.

But, enough reflection. Time to get back to reading.

EDIT: ooor I could be done with it about five pages later.

Fuck, this needs to be longer.
Welcome to the wonderful world of being caught up with webcomics. Don't worry it updates every Tuesday and Thursday with at least 3+ panels.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:03 am

Zuthulu, the American Dark Lord:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 PBF154-Zuthulus_Resurrection
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Sep 27, 2014 11:36 am

Shouldn't it be cheeseburgers and beer?

Or has American tastes changed once again?

"Give me another" - Scorch:

Good morning, anything new in the world of the PHCC?
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:22 pm

This is the funniest thing I've seen all week:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Don't you love it when people with power can't say words?

...given how often I mumble, that must mean I'm going to be in such a position some day.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:33 pm

Be inspired and shit:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Sep 27, 2014 12:34 pm

Scienza wrote:
This is the funniest thing I've seen all week:

I wish someone would have him read a script consisting of nothing but the word "penguins" and record it, just to see how much he could fuck the word up.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:03 pm

*Squee* Was just told news, that if true, will have me spending several weeks doing, hopefully this fandom a service, along with getting me back into PH. Assuming I'll manage to pull it off.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Sep 27, 2014 2:05 pm

Best of luck, then.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:02 pm

major question.  alpha ruby or omega sapphire?
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Brohoof! : -1

Character List:
Name: RazorWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:26 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Image21

It's like a planetary alignment; a great convergence of everyone I hate.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:23 pm

He's returned!? Nooooooo!
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 27, 2014 4:30 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 22 Image21

It's like a planetary alignment; a great convergence of everyone I hate.
Fitting music:

Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C6Il58Ln4cI
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by brony all alone Sat Sep 27, 2014 5:50 pm

wasnt this in ponies the anthology 2? Applejack
brony all alone
brony all alone
Pegasus

Brohoof! : -1

Character List:
Name: RazorWing

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:53 pm

New thing I wrote

Spoiler:

Prompt was

Spoiler:

Completely rushed, not corrected. The goal was to write something before going to sleep. :v

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 6:58 pm

Watched Deadman wonderland on Netflix. If you like gore and unfiinished stories this anime is for you.

It's strange really, it's clear this show thought it would get a second season, or at the very least it was hoping to. But it seems to speed things along, it goes from prison life to secret prison life to underground rebellion in about 12 episodes. But it didn't speed along to a conclusion. There's plenty of loose threads.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:12 pm

Interesting, Harm. I was wondering what you'd do with that. As I mentioned, shoot me one back and I'll see what I can do tonight.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:27 pm

I was originally going to go with your average, run-of-the-mill post-apocalyptic fare, but when I started writing about the dust, I suddenly had a more interesting idea.

The rest is just improvised upon the idea of someone who's just completely run out of fucks to give.

There's probably a backstory to the League and the Phoenix Alliance, and why they're in conflict, but fuck you, I'm not going to bother with that shit.

*liberating feeling of not bothering with writing a setting's backstory for once*

Also, the planet they're on is supposed to be Mars, if you hadn't guessed, but I wanted to let it up to people's imagination. Originally I wanted it to be a completely ecologically dead Earth, but this didn't seem to fit.

Could have fit the "ashes" theme, tho'

Oh well.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Sep 27, 2014 7:42 pm

Finished the first season of True Detective. There's only the one out, as of now. I'm probably pretty late to the bus on this one, too. Anyway, it's a desolate, bleak show, but definitely worth the eight hours it takes to watch it. It's got some shades of horror in it, like horror that doesn't dwell or revel in itself. Not gory, but gothic. Try the first episode, anyway; if you don't find something to like in it, you probably don't need to watch the rest.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Sep 27, 2014 9:01 pm

Kattlarv wrote:*Squee* Was just told news, that if true, will have me spending several weeks doing, hopefully this fandom a service, along with getting me back into PH. Assuming I'll manage to pull it off.
Good luck; if you're referring to what I think you are, it's a pretty massive task you've set yourself. I'm glad that this seems to be making you happier about the story, though.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Sep 27, 2014 10:25 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Finished the first season of True Detective. There's only the one out, as of now. I'm probably pretty late to the bus on this one, too. Anyway, it's a desolate, bleak show, but definitely worth the eight hours it takes to watch it. It's got some shades of horror in it, like horror that doesn't dwell or revel in itself. Not gory, but gothic. Try the first episode, anyway; if you don't find something to like in it, you probably don't need to watch the rest.
Eh, I couldn't really get into the first episode, I generally prefer my shows a little faster paced. Watching it with my mother probably didn't help either.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 30 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 26 ... 30  Next