Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:29 pm

Mister Frost wrote:In quasi-tangientally-related news, A.) our role in Iraq is "expanding" according to most sources I can find on my phone, and public opinion seems to rather support taking action directly, and B.) one of my NCO's informed me that "changes" are coming up after we get back from Gunnery, the nature of which he is not currently privy to.
Welp, stay safe man.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:50 pm

Nothing's official or set in stone yet, or even explicitly stated, but it seems to be the way the wind's blowing. 

In the same vein, what I'm hearing just now indicates that 3-1AD is no longer deactivating when it gets back from Afghanistan in 2015, so make of that what you will.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:14 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Nothing's official or set in stone yet, or even explicitly stated, but it seems to be the way the wind's blowing. 

In the same vein, what I'm hearing just now indicates that 3-1AD is no longer deactivating when it gets back from Afghanistan in 2015, so make of that what you will.
As a civilian, having to google all these military acronyms is quite annoying, since there's often at least a couple of things that it could be. In the case of the 3-1AD, I'm assuming through google-fu that it's the 3rd Infantry Brigade Combat Team of the 1st Armored Division.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:35 pm

You are correct. I'm currently with 2-1AD (2nd Heavy Brigade Combat Team, 1st Armored Division) which is currently attached to TRADOC's (Training and Doctrine command) Brigade Modernization Command, which means we, instead of deploying, spend most of our time getting ready to (or actually doing so) testing various high-tech equipment for the rest of the Army. It also means we're well acquainted with those systems and we constantly train in conditions designed to emulate, primarily, Iraq. That makes us desirable in the current state of events and, hopefully, means we're high up on the list of units to be deployed. It helps that we're one of the few units that can deploy straight away without heading first to the NTC (National Training Center) in Fort Erwin, due to our own training in-house, and we have the rather unique combination of being both deployment-ready and trained and "well-rested" (as in, we're not trying to retrain and recuperate from a recent deployment, unlike most other units who are deployment-ready (from a training standpoint)
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:32 am

swicked wrote:*snip*
I wouldn't really call that immaturity rather more inexperienced and/or not knowing exactly what he was getting himself into. Remember, he was an outcast for a couple years(?), and the show's unclear if he received any kind of formal training on how to be Emperor prior to being banished. If he was going against the advice of his Uncle and his other advisors then I'd be more harshly criticizing him, though considering the position is based on so much personal ego, I'd expect some expectation of 'showing off his power' or something similar. Though the flip-flopping based on public opinion would make him look bad if the position was a 'my word is law' one.
(Note I haven't read the comics so I'm operation out-of-context here)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 20, 2014 1:36 am

Yikes, that's one of those complicated situations.  First generation settlers only?  Sure, move them out; it'll be difficult, but it's clear that the previous inhabitants have a greater claim.  But once the people living there now are the grandchildren of the people who settled the land?  Do they have less of a right to the place they've grown up, possibly the only home they've ever known, because of something that happened before they were born?  A better course of action for the emperor, I think, would have been to allow the earth nationals to live on the land alongside the fire nationals and mandate that the fire nationals work with them.  Possibly even break the area off into a new subordinate state of the Fire Nation so that both the earth and fire nationals could be full citizens without the earth nationals having to join the Fire Nation.
And the emperor, if fire nationals complain, gets to say "Weakling?  I'm standing up to them and you at the same time."
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:03 am

Ah, thank you for the additional information.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:07 am

Swickedbait:
http://jooughust.deviantart.com/art/By-the-Flying-Head-of-Celestia-475502905
http://cider-crave.deviantart.com/art/Before-the-Storm-463116957

Frostbait:
http://cxfantasy.deviantart.com/art/Imperial-Night-Soldier-Centurione-of-II-Century-476661793

Lastbait:
http://chritsel.deviantart.com/art/The-swarm-468574940
http://d0ntst0pme.deviantart.com/art/The-Green-And-Black-464233683
http://chritsel.deviantart.com/art/The-Queen-468236876

pseudo-Ironbait:
http://i4.endoftheinter.net/i/n/744eb8739008207acdebb781f6255507/gw148.jpg (this happened earlier on Guild Wars 2)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:38 am

RoboRed wrote:
pseudo-Ironbait:
http://i4.endoftheinter.net/i/n/744eb8739008207acdebb781f6255507/gw148.jpg (this happened earlier on Guild Wars 2)

>Has an aneurysm.
>Spontaneously combusts

Seriously, though, I have no clue what I'm looking for in that image.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:14 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Chaos+Marine

I dunno. We thought it was cool. I think there was a better helmet he could have used for the Space Marine look, unless Chaos Marine was his goal.

Or, maybe we were wrong and he was trying to look like Iron Man.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:38 am

While I'm naturally suspicious of all news sources, especially on matters relating to the middle east, but apparently ISIS is already getting pushed back or are losing their tactical grip on the region or whatever PC euphemism you feel like using.

On the plus side of this whole though, considering it took something like a month to push the republican guard out of Iraq, it shouldn't take long to push out a force that hasn't even put down roots in the region.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:42 am

@Robo
Chaos Iron Man; Tony Stark throws in with Tzeentch to be the ultimate scientist in the galaxy. Now in paperback.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:55 am

Ironmonger wrote:@Robo
Chaos Iron Man; Tony Stark throws in with Tzeentch to be the ultimate scientist in the galaxy. Now in paperback.
He made a deal with Tzeentch, but he parties with Slaanesh.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:02 am

@Tytan

I had to post this:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 9:59 am

If you can't beat 'em...screw 'em

Joke's on you:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:34 am

burrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrn:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 20, 2014 10:50 am

Yeah, they put that warning on small things. Especially around infants.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:05 am

And that is why I love Danny
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 11:58 am

*grumbles* Writing a post-Tirek MLP fic is hard

ONWARD ANYWAY
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:03 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Yeah, they put that warning on small things. Especially around infants.
Yeah, I don't think I've seen that warning on anything that wasn't meant for children under the age of five.
But hey, at least he's guaranteed to be there to supervise.
Hey, those kids gotta get their protein somehow.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:08 pm

Instead of "Choking Hazard" it should've been "Gagging Hazard"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Aug 20, 2014 12:20 pm

I don't know how long posts get views in here, but Silver wants to start the game group up again with some Planetside 2. And I'm interested in helping/running it. Check it out please.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Aug 20, 2014 2:28 pm

Guardians after credits clip released.  No real spoilers just the thing everyone talked about.
Groot:
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:17 pm

One of my squadmates has just turned an IPhone plane simulator into "Malaysian Airlines: the game." 

You get the plane over the ocean, and then dive bomb. 

It has since degraded into discussions of what our lives will be like once Mars is colonized. We've come to agree that only one of our Space Bradleys will ever be functional; the rest will be towed out to Space Gunnery. Somehow, the ride will still be bumpy, and we'll break down and stop in the dead of space and have to wait for the Space 88's to come and get us. Space Gunnery lasts 5 years, and the Space Dismounts have four spacesuits per platoon that they have to share.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:20 pm

Well, since it's somewhat lower gravity on Mars, maybe you'll be able to tow your Space Bradley yourself and don't waste precious army resources on such minor tasks?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:04 pm

Well, Martian gravity is still a third of Earth's. Which isn't negligible when talking about something as massive as an armored vehicle.

Also Frost, don't forget that the martian dust is extremely abrasive, very thin, and sticks to EVERYTHING. That'll be a joy to deal with, with your Space M4s.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:14 pm

But we've already been to Mars though

Where do you think we filmed the "Moon" landing?

All they did was disable the red filter so it LOOKED white
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 20, 2014 4:56 pm

Hey, I'd rather have a Space M4 than one of your Space FAMAS's.

And, on the plus side, everyone would max the shit out of their PT tests.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:17 pm

Mister Frost wrote:One of my squadmates has just turned an IPhone plane simulator into "Malaysian Airlines: the game." 

You get the plane over the ocean, and then dive bomb. 

It has since degraded into discussions of what our lives will be like once Mars is colonized. We've come to agree that only one of our Space Bradleys will ever be functional; the rest will be towed out to Space Gunnery. Somehow, the ride will still be bumpy, and we'll break down and stop in the dead of space and have to wait for the Space 88's to come and get us. Space Gunnery lasts 5 years, and the Space Dismounts have four spacesuits per platoon that they have to share.
You'd might have to wait while we do space donuts in the LHS.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Aug 20, 2014 5:30 pm

On the plus side, at least we could light up in there, thanks to the life-saving whatever device.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 29 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 20 ... 29  Next