Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 9:39 pm

But you have to have Ampharos. That's not Luxray, Electivire or Hamchu. Also it can't even lighthouse.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:28 pm

Apparently a good number of the wow players think this character is ugly. It's not unanimous of course but I'm not sure if they're trolling.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15172830/artcraft-dem-trolls-mon-8-12-2014

She looks fierce to me but not ugly. Far from it.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:49 pm

swicked wrote:[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Tumblr_naisobatiq1rz9gauo1_500
http://heckyeahponyscans.tumblr.com/post/95125277723

Squishy, huggable Princess Celestia?
I want it. Need it.
Must. Princess Celestia
Do eeeeet.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:53 pm

Last wrote:Apparently a good number of the wow players think this character is ugly. It's not unanimous of course but I'm not sure if they're trolling.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/15172830/artcraft-dem-trolls-mon-8-12-2014

She looks fierce to me but not ugly. Far from it.

This made my night.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Aug 18, 2014 11:58 pm

Swickedbait:
http://santagiera.deviantart.com/art/It-s-a-new-day-476493704
http://navitaserussirus.deviantart.com/art/I-m-Afraid-Of-Heights-476304101
http://flamevulture17.deviantart.com/art/Theatrical-Trickery-476311382
http://divideddemensions.deviantart.com/art/Serenity-474988553?q=gallery%3AEquestriaDigital%2F33792450&qo=3

Swicked/Lastbait:
http://law44444.deviantart.com/art/Trixie-changeling-version-476450616

Lastbait:
http://kamyk962.deviantart.com/art/Chrysalis-And-Luna-Nurses-476191585
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:59 am

Not really sure why, but I enjoy recoloring pokemon...

Shiny Umbree and Espee:

Who thought GREEN was acceptable...
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 11:50 am

RoboRed wrote:Lastbait:
Spoiler:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:12 pm

at first i was like :oh yeah, but then...:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:20 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Lastbait:
Spoiler:

That's cold Frost.

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:50 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Not really sure why, but I enjoy recoloring pokemon...

Shiny Umbree and Espee:

Who thought GREEN was acceptable...
And yet its still not the worst colored shiny though...

I remember getting one (a shiny Espeon) a long time ago and hating it. It sat in my boxes for years until my friend who loves the color green loved it and wanted it. 

That is the one of the only shinies I basically just gave away.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 19, 2014 12:59 pm

A friend of mine went out of his way to get an all gold team of shinies

Groudon, Lucario...

I can'y remember any others, actually

I've heard of burning ears, but this is ridiculous... :

Black and Blue Infernape:
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:36 pm

I wish Fennekin actually had a good shiny. 

Actually what you did looks close to shiny Greninja, albeit much darker, which I absolutely wish I had.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 19, 2014 1:44 pm

Kinda disturbing:

I'd rather work at Valve at work at improving Team Fortress 2

And get some more Australium skins into the game

I hate the government, prying into our lives, shackling us, limiting our creativity

Just because people draw nude children doesn't mean they're interested in them in real life

As for the response?

"I think I could"

I've seen a lot of disturbing things, I find them more interesting instead of unnerving or terrifying

I blame the fact I'm kinda unhinged in the mental department

One day I'll read Rainbow Factory and Cupcakes...one day

Probably after I write about Fluttershy murdering Rarity
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:02 pm

Never read any of those fics. And quite happy about it.

selfbait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:17 pm

Silly Spitfire, didn't you know Soarin's a Colt Cuddler?

He loves Braeburn's pie

*breezes through SAM*

...Kinky
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:26 pm

Swickedbait?: http://asksketchytrixie.tumblr.com/post/95190414006/mod-oh-my-god-her-personality-kinds-of-fit-the

Katarn wrote:
selfbait:
Isn't that drawn by the same artist who drew the comic of the two of them getting pinched by that crab at the beach?
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:37 pm

Maybe. Art style seems similar.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:41 pm

I just watched a movie and several accountants were listed in the credits. Do they just list anybody that has any role in the film in those? Not saying the job wasn't needed but I don't think it influenced the quality of the final product.

I mean there's no part of the film that they can point to and say they did. They can't say "I wrote that line" or "I made that prop". So what's the point? It's just another name no one reads because there are too many names.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:48 pm

Lastfeels: http://dear-cotton-candy.deviantart.com/art/Motherly-sorrow-476625118
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:51 pm

Last wrote:I just watched a movie and several accountants were listed in the credits. Do they just list anybody that has any role in the film in those? Not saying the job wasn't needed but I don't think it influenced the quality of the final product.

I mean there's no part of the film that they can point to and say they did. They can't say "I wrote that line" or "I made that prop". So what's the point? It's just another name no one reads because there are too many names.

I believe in most film and television it's generally accepted that if you worked on the film in ANY form, you get put in the credits. But I also think it might have something to do with contracts - I'll do the accounting for your movie company but I want to be in the credits.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:45 pm

"The people that handled the finances that kept this movie from being reduced to paper cutouts on popsicle sticks"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 19, 2014 4:20 pm

zomg: http://lanesplitter.jalopnik.com/i-cant-stop-watching-this-bike-crash-break-the-laws-of-1624015974/1624020015/+ballaban

Spoiler:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 5:14 pm

swicked wrote: Rainbow What is the proper response for when someone says that you wouldn't be able to handle something disturbing that you feel you could?

explanation:
Make vague implications to what you've already seen and dealt with. Just grab him by the collar, look him dead in the eye, say something like "You think you know disturbing? You think you've seen sickening? I've seen things that would make you and all your little FBI agents puke." Then you walk away to A.) leave him in stunned silence to contemplate the conversation, and B.) cut him off from asking what you, working at a nuclear plant, have actually seen that's so disturbing. 

It's like when some dumbass asks me what the Army's like for the eightieth time that fucking night, so instead of giving any detail I just fake flying into a PTSD-induced rage.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:44 pm

Fly Allegiant Airlines!
Recommended by Angry Joe
10/10 It's alright

As someone who does a lot of traveling I can bitch about Delta, USAir, American Airlines, United and all the rest (With Spirit being the worst) and rave about how amazing Korean and Singapore air is by contrast. Never flown Allegiant airlines but fuck even the old DC planes had air conditioning built in. It's cold enough up there all you need is fans and an exposed surface to cool the air.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:49 pm

Last wrote:I just watched a movie and several accountants were listed in the credits. Do they just list anybody that has any role in the film in those? Not saying the job wasn't needed but I don't think it influenced the quality of the final product.

Accountants would be necessary for tallying up every last penny. From how much that fake rock cost to how much animating that giant monster will cost and will it be within budget. They help the producer/director decide what they can afford and what they can't. And it more or less has to be done before they start filming. When you go off-budget in the middle, you get something like Waterworld.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 8:59 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Make vague implications to what you've already seen and dealt with. Just grab him by the collar, look him dead in the eye, say something like "You think you know disturbing? You think you've seen sickening? I've seen things that would make you and all your little FBI agents puke." Then you walk away to A.) leave him in stunned silence to contemplate the conversation, and B.) cut him off from asking what you, working at a nuclear plant, have actually seen that's so disturbing. 

It's like when some dumbass asks me what the Army's like for the eightieth time that fucking night, so instead of giving any detail I just fake flying into a PTSD-induced rage.
Hah :P
Yeah, it's kinda hard to explain. I've always wondered what it would be like to actually be at the site of a violent crime and see if that'd finally change my perception of it.
But just watching pictures or video? Yeah.

On a separate note, just curious, but have you ever seen the show Dexter?
I get the odd feeling I've asked this question on this forum before, but I can't remember any responses.
Rather bizarrely, having (all joking aside) been around corpses of both the relatively intact and quite mutilated variety, it's the ones that are practically whole that are more unnerving (that's the wrong word....'alert' or 'stimulate' would be a better one). It's like they have a presence I can feel, and I find myself watching them out of the corner of my eye as if they're a sleeping predator. But totally fucked-up, mutilated bodies? Yep, that's a pile-a-meat. Moving on.

And I think I've seen some clips of Dexter online and such, but I don't have HBO, so I've not watched the show proper.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 9:43 pm

I've seen (videos, at least, taken by my squad and team leaders) guys with rounds having blown off significant portions of their face to expose the musculature, bone, (remaining) eye and bits of brain, all of which was working and moving silently as the chest rose and fell desperately. Oddly enough, I wasn't particularly effected even as most of the other guys were trying to hold down their lunch.

My attitude about intact bodies may be due to my mild-to-moderate disconnect with reality, as if I'm subconsciously actually concerned that they're going to get back up. But I'm no shrink and it's said that the worst person you can try to understand is yourself. 

There's a lot of shows like that, unfortunately. When they lose what made those characters unique and intriguing, and get away from what they were about, they tend to get a lot lest interesting and generally pretty shitty. (InB4 Kim rants about PH). 

That's not to be confused with straight-up character development, though, which, done well, makes it infinitely more interesting. Main example I can think of (because I stumbled onto a fanfic of it recently) is Avatar, where all of the major characters (but especially Zuko and Sokka) underwent quite a bit of it, and for the better
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:10 pm

welp:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:11 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:

Accountants would be necessary for tallying up every last penny. From how much that fake rock cost to how much animating that giant monster will cost and will it be within budget. They help the producer/director decide what they can afford and what they can't. And it more or less has to be done before they start filming. When you go off-budget in the middle, you get something like Waterworld.

I'm of the opinion if there's nothing on screen for you to point at and say I did that then your name is meaningless in the credits. Not picky of what it is, it could be lighting, camera work, effects, props, lines, or anything really.

That opinion doesn't just go for accountants, that goes for everybody. I'm sure if I looked over credit of more recent films I'd find a lot more pruning that needed to be done.

Let's be frank. Cedits don't mean anything, I don't think it's even posssible to remember every name that appears in them, If you can you deserve some kind of award. They are just the gate to whatever scene that appears in the end, (Games are worse in this respect because at least films don't list pets or babies born.) so why? It's just a participation award at best. That's terrible for people who's work actually made it on screen. The lighting guy's name goes by just as fast as the accountant's and it's the exact same font size. And it'd be obnoxious in anything else. Imagine if every artist that streamed wrote everybody who was in the stream in the border of  their drawings. The artist may not have drawn what they did if there weren't eyes on them, but those viewers didn't have an impact on that drawing. With the exception of those doing request streams.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:17 pm

In quasi-tangientally-related news, A.) our role in Iraq is "expanding" according to most sources I can find on my phone, and public opinion seems to rather support taking action directly, and B.) one of my NCO's informed me that "changes" are coming up after we get back from Gunnery, the nature of which he is not currently privy to.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 29 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 19 ... 29  Next