Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Zolaheuzis
geekladd
Technowolf
Meleagridis
Bootleg
iLateralGX
Frost
Caoimhe
Lex4art
Syroc
Scootayay
Train Dodger
DaWarWolf
JadedPony
Dekshuduph
Valikdu
Downloaded Skill
OneMoreDaySK
Kippershy
Aonee
Vergil
Karasu
Evilgidgit
Exodus Hero
Fellorn
CD
Derpmind
Luminous Lead
RoboRed
Borsuq
Heart of Blades
Scienza
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
FeatherDust
Somber
Vexd
Shady
O. Hinds
pokeperson1000
SilentCarto
Dutcher
Rayndalf
Silver136
Vinylshadow
Icy Shake
51 posters

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:17 pm

I'm very sorry you're all having so much trouble this weekend, Hinds, sir... I do hope things go better for next weekend, and please tell Somber to try not to worry about it being delayed because of something he can't help...
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:33 pm

Thank you, and I shall relay that message.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Sep 07, 2014 8:57 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:Does Homage ever explicitly refer to Blackjack by name, or only as "The Security Mare" in her few broadcasts?
...granted, Blackjack DOES send a broadcast over a lot of airwaves giving her own name, doesn't she?
I don't think Homage uses her name, no, any more than she refers to the Lightbringer as Littlepip. The name isn't what's important; it's the actions that matter.

O. Hinds wrote:So, apparently the universe doesn't want us to get the chapter out this weekend.  Heartshine's arrival was delayed, Somber's internet was hit by a storm, swicked had a lot of homework to do, and then, not ten minutes after we'd decided to just stop stop and continue next weekend, my building had a surprise fire drill.  We don't expect significant difficulty next weekend, though.
Am I a bad person because my first thought was, "Oh, thank Celestia! I wasn't ready to read a chapter this evening"?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by geekladd Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:08 am

O. Hinds wrote:So, apparently the universe doesn't want us to get the chapter out this weekend.  Heartshine's arrival was delayed, Somber's internet was hit by a storm, swicked had a lot of homework to do, and then, not ten minutes after we'd decided to just stop stop and continue next weekend, my building had a surprise fire drill.  We don't expect significant difficulty next weekend, though.
Am I a bad person because my first thought was, "Oh, thank Celestia! I wasn't ready to read a chapter this evening"?
yes.
geekladd
geekladd
Foal

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Ruby Ribbon
Sex: no thanks
Species: unicorn

http://geekladd.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:07 am

I have a hard day at work this week, lots of projects (that other people were suppose to do) have become my emergency workload. So I look forward to rewarding myself with the chapter once it's out. Take your time. I for one, will have plenty to do all week.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : -8

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:31 am

That's good, I've got 195 chapters to read

Although since the fic only had 200,000 words, I think I'll be able to blaze through it in a night

heck, only took me three nights to read Fallout Equestria

Inversely, it's taken me months to read PH...mainly because I was reading about 50 other fanfics alongside it
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:05 pm

195 chapters of what?! Goodness, child. That's a lot of reading.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:15 pm

Austraeoh, Eljunbyro, Innavedr, Odrsjot and Urohringr, by Imploding Colon

roughly 800-1000 chapters total, I believe

I am somewhat addicted to reading, although lately it's become harder for me to grasp what's going on in some fanfics, which saddens me
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:23 pm

@Hinds
Yeah, I don't believe in karma or what-have-you, but sometimes you gotta read the writing on the wall, as it were.

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Sep 08, 2014 9:36 pm

JadedPony wrote:195 chapters of what?! Goodness, child. That's a lot of reading.
That's quite a lot to read. The longest story I've ever read was the fanfic "Spider-Man Reborn" which was 130 chapters, though it was mostly chapters spread across ten smaller ones each. Twilight Sparkle
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:37 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Well, the way I see it there are at least a few broad categories. Going from least-bad to most-bad, there are:
1. Being happy after the fact that something that probably would have made a lot more people happy than sad didn't happen.
2. Hoping in advance it doesn't happen.
3. Doing something to make it less likely to happen.
I probably fell between 1 and 2, basically picking up based on what Somber said here that it was unlikely 70 would be out yesterday, and thus took actions that left me in a position where I'd be happier if 70 didn't come out last weekend—spending a lot of yesterday reading an earlier chapter.

But the important thing isn't whether you (and I) are a good or a bad person; it's whether you're trying to do better. So tell me, are you trying to do better? Spike

Chapter Fifty Four Running Thoughts:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Sep 08, 2014 10:39 pm

Cont'd from previous post:

Chapter Fifty Four Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Fifty Four Editing:
Other Editing:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:49 pm

@Icy Shake:
Ah, thank you very much as always.

Icy Shake wrote:Well, it always seemed like MoP was fairly respected, just not at all influencial on international policy.
Oh, I'd say that they were very influential in international policy. Just not in a way they'd wanted.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Sep 08, 2014 11:51 pm

Icy Shake wrote:But the important thing isn't whether you (and I) are a good or a bad person; it's whether you're trying to do better. So tell me, are you trying to do better? Spike
S--sure I am... Applejack
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 09, 2014 10:06 am

"We need to do better"

Wonder if anyones ever written a FoE fic where the main character is someone that's trying to mess up everything

and silly me, it's a solid 200 chapters per story, FiMFic just shows the first three and last two chapters and hides the rest

Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:08 am

That was actually part of an idea I had...I wrote a story of this really broken pegasus who would do "mercy killings." Like when he saw raider prisoners or something, he was a sniper, so he'd put a round in them to save them the suffering. It was pretty dark and hit my depression too hard so I never finished it.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:24 am

Luna forgive me, for I have taken the life of an innocent

p-kow
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:35 am

More or less. Part of why I liked Psalm so much I suppose.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:43 am

All the heroic ponies in the wasteland can't save everyone

Plenty of innocents who die along the way ,whether we want them to or not

Kill the old and weak, the ones who are truly suffering, the ones who live every day in agony

Well...with that logic, I might as well go kill Murky Number Seven

...can't really decide if I'm for or against euthanasia, but that's whole other can of worms
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Dekshuduph Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:28 pm

Vinylshadow wrote:That's good, I've got 195 chapters to read
Although since the fic only had 200,000 words, I think I'll be able to blaze through it in a night
heck, only took me three nights to read Fallout Equestria
Inversely, it's taken me months to read PH...mainly because I was reading about 50 other fanfics alongside it
Austraeoh, Eljunbyro, Innavedr, Odrsjot and Urohringr, by Imploding Colon
roughly 800-1000 chapters total, I believe
I am somewhat addicted to reading, although lately it's become harder for me to grasp what's going on in some fanfics, which saddens me
I'm reading that right now. It took me a week to read the first, which was 200k words, at around nine hours a day. I think, first, you should refer to fic length by the word count; these chapters are only ten minutes long. And second, you have a problem. If you're reading fics that fucking quickly, you're not getting anything from them, and it's just a waste of your time. Nobody would be able to read that much in a single night; you're just skimming over everything good.

Vinylshadow wrote:Wonder if anyones ever written a FoE fic where the main character is someone that's trying to mess up everything
Eh, something like that.
Dekshuduph
Dekshuduph
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 09, 2014 7:40 pm

Oh Lordy I hate that fic...

Duck and Cover (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/141568/fallout-equestria-duck-and-cover) was... kinda along those lines, with more or less a spastic anti-hero. I lost track of with it after a while but it was ridiculous, fun and VERY British (meh) and Irish (yay!) which I approve of. Greatly!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:44 pm

Hai Caoimhe! Haven't seen you in a while.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:47 pm

Hai ^^ Busy travelin', still F5in for dem updates. (Someone should whup Hatshine into shape :D ).
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Wed Sep 10, 2014 7:36 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Hai ^^ Busy travelin', still F5in for dem updates. (Someone should whup Hatshine into shape :D ).

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 21 20140910
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Wed Sep 10, 2014 8:57 pm

I want. Pinkie Pie
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vexd Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:41 pm

I need?
Vexd
Vexd
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 2

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Sep 10, 2014 11:58 pm

I really like mane.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Zolaheuzis Thu Sep 11, 2014 4:42 am

So this is the place one discuss PH yes? Well might be a little late to discover this place now but eh. And daaw that plushie is adorable, I need one.
Zolaheuzis
Zolaheuzis
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Sep 11, 2014 7:55 am

Zolaheuzis wrote:So this is the place one discuss PH yes? Well might be a little late to discover this place now but eh. And daaw that plushie is adorable, I need one.
Welcome, welcome! I believe we're still offering the choice of unlimited sanity, all the whiskey you can drink, or infinite shotgun ammo. We still have those all in stock, right?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Zolaheuzis Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:05 am

SilentCarto wrote:Welcome, welcome! I believe we're still offering the choice of unlimited sanity, all the whiskey you can drink, or infinite shotgun ammo. We still have those all in stock, right?
All of those things sounds awesome. But I do think we're missing the most important part, the cookies. But anyways I'm pretty sure I will enjoy it here regardless. But yeah me personally have been reading PH for about a year now and I have loved every second of it. I have just not have had anyone to talk about it too. Then today I found this place and I am in awe. You even got somber himself commenting here from time to time. That is amazing.
Zolaheuzis
Zolaheuzis
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 32 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 26 ... 32  Next