Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Frost
Ketchup
Aonee
Loud_Taffy
Cptadder
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Valikdu
Stringtheory
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Harmony Ltd.
Moodyman90
Tytan
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
StoneSlinger88
Katarn
25 posters

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:23 pm

Anyone here watched Panty and Stocking with Garterbelt? It's basically Powerpuff Girls if it was written by /b/ and it's awesome in a WTF way.  Applebloom 
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 10:25 pm

Yup I have, Stocking and Knee Socks are the best.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Apparently there's been another study trying to link violence and aggression to video games.

What they found out is that regardless of if the game was violent or not, having crappy controls and game mechanics leave more people pissed off and more aggressive than a well made game even if it's nothing but violence. 

If ya'll are interested.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 11:57 pm

Tytan wrote:I gotta weird question for you guys, if you combined the last two games you played what would they be?

For me that would be Skyrim + Blood Dragon. Which as you all know equals...

*Screaming Eagle Noises*
*Viking Battle-cries*
*Patriotism Intensifies*

Either "Risk of Warcraft" or "World of Rain".

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:15 am

@Moody
I would think the win/lose rate, difficulty curve, and investment time are more of a factor than whether or not a game includes violence.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:22 am

I still don't completely agree with the study, but at least it's some progress.
"Violent video games don't make people violent, poorly made games do!"
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:32 am

Tytan wrote:I gotta weird question for you guys, if you combined the last two games you played what would they be?

Brutal DOOM + My Little Fortress: Friendship is Magma.

Oh. God. Yes.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:54 am

Dota 2 + FTL. Hm...Faster than light ancient defense?
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Apr 09, 2014 7:29 am

So, I finished working on the rules of that RP thing.

Warning, it IS tl;dr (25 pages and almost 12k words in LibreOffice), but don't worry: like the rules of any RPG, you don't need to read everything, just what you need when you need it.

I'll post it in its own thread.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 8:32 am

@Moody
Any progress that makes the news I would consider good, as it gives gamers to actively show off that we're not a bunch of psychos. As stated in an Extra Credits video (seriously, good series), most of the time gamers are responding to negative accusations, instead of showing off what good games can do.

@Harmony
Seems like this would be a lot different from the first RP ever I'm playing. More like a MacroRP. I'd be willing to try, but that's a lot more to take in and create than just a single character. Would it be possible to just play a Micro character developed from a Macro player?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:08 am

@ SK: Why not? I'm working on adapting my old "nation" to this new iteration, because I almost didn't do anything with it and want to explore the concept more. There's enough diversity in it for you to explore it if you want to.

Anyway, here are the NCP rolls for those who volunteered (final result is 2D6+25)

- OneMoreDaySK: 31
- Ironmonger: 34
- Scyto Harmony: 32
- Stringtheory: 30
- Harmony Ltd.: 29
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:39 am

@Harmony

That is a lot of rules. I love it.  Sweetie Belle 
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 10:44 am

Reading a good fic where the main character (who I believe has had mental tampering) just did a binding ritual of servitude without consulting with friends. [scrunchy face intensifies]
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:51 am

*facepalm*
I missed the hints of romance in the story, combined with poor communication and the need to 'protect' said love interest, which led to the main character doing such things.
Oh the situation, bah, it's <a href="http://www.fimfiction.net/story/5676/43/the-god-particle/">this fic.</a> Not sure where I stand currently with the situation.
UPDATE: It's an ok fic, obviously not too big a fan on OCxEstablished Character romance, but I can deal with that. A little too many time skips for my liking, but whatever's compelling the villainous army is interesting.

And now I've run out of things to read again. Once more, I don't want to read Wheel of Time anymore, as I've grown to dislike 90% of the cast. The only character in fiction I've seen pick up swordfighting faster than 2-year Rand is Eragon, and boy what a series that was.

Anyone up for discussing Eragon?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:55 pm

@Eragon
I didn't like it.

When I want my talking dragons fix, I will write it or I will read Temeraire. The series wasn't good for much else, for me. I did not finish it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:14 pm

Lulz:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:28 pm

*sighs*
Well it was worth a shot.
First book was ok, setup for a decent fantasy series. Then the books kinda went on this downward slope of cliches and wish fulfillment. Why else would there be a segment specifically made to highlight a shave spell. Oh, and a non-mage, non super human, who acted out of commands of his superiors, with repurcusions ending up SAVING the lot of them a whole ton of soldiers, gets whipped. Also genocide of a species that somehow turned humans into their only diet! And the big bad? Oh, he just sits on his throne all day waiting for the heroes to come and confront him. Dude just pretty much TPK's them, except he didn't expect a deus ex machina in the form of bs magic to stop him. I could go on, but just wanted to see if anyone else wanted to participate.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:17 pm

swicked wrote:I never even finished it. My parents sent me from the room when I wouldn't stop laughing and complaining about it.
:)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:30 pm

From what I've heard the film takes the rediculousness of the book and borks it even more. Something about instant growth by flying through clouds?
*shrugs*
Sister who watched a bit couldn't stop laughing either.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:17 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:From what I've heard the film takes the rediculousness of the book and borks it even more. Something about instant growth by flying through clouds?
*shrugs*
Sister who watched a bit couldn't stop laughing either.

I thought the sequence was supposed to represent time passing... But according to the director, nope; just flying and special dragon magic and poof! Also they kill the Ra-Zac right off the bat, so there goes that part of the story in the second and third books. Some special effects look good, others just don't.

The books were semi-entertaining when I was younger, now they read like a mish-mash of fanfiction.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:02 pm

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/t1171-rp-cloudsville-s-space-empire-rp-discussion-thread#213038

For those interested. It's only the begining, I'm only planting the background of my Nation for now.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:05 pm

My favorite thing about Eragon was how easily ignorable it was. When to a convention with some friends with it playing on the way up. It was over before we knew it. How long was that movie again?
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:37 pm

Hey Harmony, I'll join as a Micronation.

On Eragon, they way they ended the movie they couldn't even continue the series like they did the books.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 9:26 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Pokemon. Dunno anything about a Season 3 RP, assuming that it has something to do with the RP Moody was talking to me about some tima ago.

It died pretty hard after the second session. Not sure if he lost interest or no longer has the time, but we haven't been contacted about it in a good while.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:45 pm

Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Apr 09, 2014 11:54 pm

Ironlulz:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:29 am

swickedbait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:04 am

Tytan wrote:
Ironlulz:

My answer was "xeno scum", but close enough.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Apr 10, 2014 8:08 am

@Last
Well, that's a shame. First session was interesting. Our RP is still holding together, but we did lose Rum due to his work hours changing. At least Moody RP'd him well enough to let him get put on a bus. Meanwhile, Tyler wants me to somehow draw his character with both a pompadour and a tophat at the same time. Still trying out preliminary drawings right now.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:59 am

Lulz:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 30 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 26 ... 30  Next