Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:51 am

*hugs Somber gently*

Initial thoughts:

I'll try to get a full commentary up as soon as possible, but I'll say again, I think this was a very good chapter.  Thank you again, Somber, for taking the time to write it, and thank you to the editors for all the time you put into helping make this reality.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Somber Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:14 am

Thanks folks.  I look forward to the feedback.  It really tells me if I pulled off the chapter or not.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:32 pm

Spoiling this question just to be sure.

Spoiler:
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:16 pm

So... the new chapter...
my thoughts (possible soilers):

Oh, and juuust on a side note: I've been re-reading the whole story, and I think - I think! - I know what Rampage is. Dancing PinkiePie
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:36 pm

Icy Shake wrote:
Scienza wrote:I've just got this image of Rampage sitting in front of a circle of foals, telling the legend of the Security Mare centuries after the end of the story.

Also, this has probably been debated to death, but could the star-sword (or Key or whatever we're calling it) destroy the Phoenix Talisman, therefore killing Rampage? It was able to destroy soul jars in the past, so presumably the Phoenix Talisman would just take longer due to the crazy number of souls.
I pretty much figure "Why not?" What I don't remember is if Rampage knows that it can destroy soul jars. I have to assume she doesn't, because otherwise I figure she'd ask Blackjack to give it a shot. And if Rampage doesn't know, well, Blackjack has shown no interest in actually helping her die, no matter the promises she makes to the contrary. But if Rampage finds out Blackjack was hiding this from her, I expect there'll be some fireworks, because she was pretty unhappy about learning that Blackjack had Folly and never told her.
She was with her in that room in Hightower where Blackjack used the sword against the soul jars, but she might not have connected the two.

Also OHMYGODNEWCHAPTERYAY
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:43 pm

Ibelieve this chapter was fantastic Somber. 
Thoughts,  replies, etc.:
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:59 pm

Spoiler:
Haven't finished the chapter, but I just had to post this. =P

If it keeps on rainin'...

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:08 pm

Train Dodger wrote:This chapter brings with it some interesting revelations indeed.

Overview:

Chapter 63 Proofing:

Oh, and also:

CH57: Bottlecap continued, “Ursury, Caprice, and I are the daughters he’s confirmed are his.  Charity…”

Typo: [Ursury] > [Usury]
Ah, thank you.
And, um, Steel Rain is now an earth pony with a purple coat and pink mane. Whoops. :)

Borsuq wrote:So... the new chapter...
my thoughts (possible soilers):

Oh, and juuust on a side note: I've been re-reading the whole story, and I think - I think! - I know what Rampage is. Dancing PinkiePie
Yes, I've had experiences like that. It's not happened to me with PH, happily, but there have been occasions in other stories when a particular chapter, while no lower in quality than the others, is completely or nearly so about aspects of the story that I dislike or am bored by.

Aonee wrote:Ibelieve this chapter was fantastic Somber. 
Thoughts,  replies, etc.:
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:48 pm

Just finished the new chapter.

This is the best chapter since Lucidity.

Assorted Thoughts:
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jan 13, 2014 5:05 pm

Okay, reactions/thoughts time!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by chinman Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:56 pm

Right then I'll keep it brief.  I personally thought this chapter was a pretty good change of pace and helped serve a vital purpose by not only including some important plot points while also serving as a refresher for a number of the story's side-characters, which considering how long and large this story is, has been long overdue.

spoiler!:
chinman
chinman
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:41 pm

chinman wrote:Right then I'll keep it brief.  I personally thought this chapter was a pretty good change of pace and helped serve a vital purpose by not only including some important plot points while also serving as a refresher for a number of the story's side-characters, which considering how long and large this story is, has been long overdue.

spoiler!:
Well, given all the radiation, Enervation, degradation, and killer robot... ation, radio jamming wouldn't be unexpected. It might even be a side effect of something else.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by chinman Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:35 pm

Oh yeah there are definitely no shortage of explanations for this sort of thing happening in such an F-ed up place.  I was just thinking this issue is worth addressing since realistically all of the main characters would be wondering the same thing, so it would probably out of character for them to NOT bring this up.

Like said though this is overall a pretty minor issue, and I really did enjoy the chance to see what all those primary and secondary characters were up to.
chinman
chinman
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 3

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Jan 13, 2014 9:20 pm

Oh, it's out! Fluttershy  I'll have to read it tomorrow. Don't read any spoilers! Don't read any spoilers!
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Retl Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:37 pm

SPOILERS: Impressions and Speculation of PH ch 63:

Last edited by Retl on Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:48 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : 1) Added more content to end of post. 2) Accidentally broke Spoilers subtitle when making first edit.)
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:09 am

Well, with that timing of the chapter, no way I was reading it last night.
Let's see what's in store.
Chapter Sixty Three Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Three Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Three Editing, version taken about 5:30PM Central:
Other Chapter Editing:

All in all, a lot more to like than not, and the new thing Somber tried worked pretty well for the most part.
Would read again (surprise, I know), but not tonight.
Will check out comments tomorrow.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by ChaosDX1 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:28 am

Spoiler:

Also, Doctor Morningstar is somehow very distracting even without visual aid.

Edit: Added spoiler box just in case.

Last edited by ChaosDX1 on Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:30 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spoilers?)

ChaosDX1
Blank Flank

Brohoof! : 4

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:13 am

Ch.57: "That was a least half the gossip in 99."

"Pity," he said as he wiped champaign from his sleeve.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:25 am

After all I've been told about the newest chapter release, there's a lot I've heard about that I simply shrugged off because I've come to expect it - but I do have a question.
I've been told that there's a three month gap between Blackjack 'getting hit by a raptor and being thought of as dead, with her PipBuck signal going offline' and the new chapter where Rampage finds her.

Has Rampage been looking this whole time? Do the rest of her old party simply suddenly decide to up and search for her like I'm told or do they actually have to be convinced to do so? Because three months without doing anything then suddenly going 'YEAH, LETS GO LOOK FOR HER!'
...Please tell me this was an exaggeration, please. If it isn't exaggerated, that's just... why? Why would they?

I don't care about anything else now, but please, tell me something like that hasn't been done also.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:13 am

Well... I do believe this is the fastest I've managed to complete a commentary is a very long time...

Chapter 63 Commentary:

I'll say again, it was definitely a good chapter.  As much as I'm afraid of what's going to happen as Project Horizons comes to an end, I'm still very much looking forward to reading it.

Thank you again, Somber *hugs very gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 8:51 am

What else is new? Spike 

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:25 am

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:After all I've been told about the newest chapter release, there's a lot I've heard about that I simply shrugged off because I've come to expect it - but I do have a question.
I've been told that there's a three month gap between Blackjack 'getting hit by a raptor and being thought of as dead, with her PipBuck signal going offline' and the new chapter where Rampage finds her.

Has Rampage been looking this whole time? Do the rest of her old party simply suddenly decide to up and search for her like I'm told or do they actually have to be convinced to do so? Because three months without doing anything then suddenly going 'YEAH, LETS GO LOOK FOR HER!'
...Please tell me this was an exaggeration, please. If it isn't exaggerated, that's just... why? Why would they?

I don't care about anything else now, but please, tell me something like that hasn't been done also.

Yeah, I saw the posts the 4chan thread was making earlier, and they are spreading blatant misinformation about PH.
They have not all been living "normal lives" and suddenly decided to look for BJ.

Rampage had been looking for one of those three months . After two months she found a way into the core without being vaporized at a distance, probably with another flying machine. It's not something easily done, after all, given no one managed it before BJ and Boo fell into it on a collapsing skyscraper.
P-21 and Scotch aren't looking, they just hope for the best, but have always felt that if Rampage manages to find BJ and bring her back, they would try and help BJ complete her quest. They are otherwise happy living in Chapel and helping rebuild.
Glory has been trying to research enervation with a team of other scientists and is similarly relying on Rampage to find a way to bring BJ back. She's not willing to believe BJ is dead without proof but is not willing to dive the core to get it at this point.
Lancer and co. don't give a damn about BJ, nor do the remnants of the enclave, Rainbow Dash, etc. Stronghooves isn't looking, either. Psalm has been stalking him in her alicorn body ever since Lacunae dissipated,  and she reminds him and the other steel rangers that BJs been pronounced dead.
That's all. That's everyone.
Anon fails at reading comprehension.

Thank you for clearing that up for me. I had a feeling that it was a little tongue in cheek about what was really written so I appreciate the decent reply. Thank you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:13 am

A very enjoyable chapter. Well done, Somber and you awesome editors.

Though, when Scotch Tape's scene begins, her name is spelt "Scotch tape".

Spoiler:
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:46 pm

I can't say much other than I enjoyed the new chapter, but there is one thing I now question and simply would like an answer for.

Spoiler:

Don't mean to cause a ruckus, don't want to start any debates, I just want an answer as to why that has to be a thing by one of the brushing team if not from Somber himself, I'll pass that along and be done with it. I was okay with it until I kept getting asked why when I couldn't provide an answer.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:07 pm

You answered my question without actually answering my question and I have only myself to blame for not phrasing it correctly.

You're answer is the in-universe reasons of why he's not healing and all, but my question is for the meta reason why he's not healing. as in "Why is Somber making Sky Striker not healing a plot point to put more pressure on Glory?"

Unless I completely misunderstood the questions I was getting yesterday or misremembering them today.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:11 pm

Noticed something while reading.

Chapter 62A: "I would have teleported directed behind you"

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:14 pm

Another one:

"Who'd been walked along beside me"

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:49 pm

Ah, sorry I didn't catch that was the second half of your answer. That makes a lot more sense. I'll let the others know as soon as I can if they haven't already found out.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jan 14, 2014 2:55 pm

Sorry about this. I'm sure it's annoying but I'm typing from my Xbox.

62A again:

"chunks of metal and flew across the air"

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:19 pm

Icy Shake wrote:Well, with that timing of the chapter, no way I was reading it last night.
Let's see what's in store.
Chapter Sixty Three Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Three Overall Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Three Editing, version taken about 5:
Other Chapter Editing:

All in all, a lot more to like than not, and the new thing Somber tried worked pretty well for the most part.
Would read again (surprise, I know), but not tonight.
Will check out comments tomorrow.
Vergil wrote:Ch.57: "That was a least half the gossip in 99."

"Pity," he said as he wiped champaign from his sleeve.
Evilgidgit wrote:A very enjoyable chapter. Well done, Somber and you awesome editors.

Though, when Scotch Tape's scene begins, her name is spelt "Scotch tape".

Spoiler:
Ah, thank you.

Ryx wrote:One thing that I immediately noticed was P-21 specifically referring to Razorblade as a "raider" kid. If that wasn't just a slip of the tongue, then it implies that Glory was actually successful in curing the raider plague, which is really quite incredible. It also means she didn't have to sacrifice herself while singing about being a "scientist salarian", which I was quite honestly extremely concerned about the moment she suggested working on a cure...
Not necessarily, unfortunately. It's possible that Razorblade was from outside the Hoof.

Icy Shake wrote:Depending on how this goes, could make me wonder why the volume split wasn't between 62 and 63.
…But the volume split is between 62 and 63.

Icy Shake wrote:Wait . . . who or what are from Glyphmark? Not the Atoli, right? The sharks or squid?
Or is it the zebra of Glyphmark that the Atoli hunt with harpoons?
The zebras that the Remnant are using as slave labor.

Icy Shake wrote:Well, I was going to say something about the pronouns, but I guess the doctor's changed in mind as well.
This came up in the editing chat, actually. Dr. Morningstar's gender is "Morningstar". :)

Icy Shake wrote:What was Blackjack's natural luck, again? Because she's damn lucky herself. I figure it couldn't have been above 9, unless the bonus luck from the set didn't make a difference. Or maybe she (or Boo) breaks the scale and is beyond heroic or legendary or whatever 10 was.
She started with 9, IIRC.

Icy Shake wrote:NO ONE COULD HAVE SEEN THIS COMING.
:D

Last wrote:Noticed something while reading.

Chapter 62A: "I would have teleported directed behind you"

Last wrote:Another one:

"Who'd been walked along beside me"

Last wrote:Sorry about this. I'm sure it's annoying but I'm typing from my Xbox.

62A again:

"chunks of metal and flew across the air"
Ah, thank you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next