Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Scyto Harmony
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
tylertoon2
Kippershy
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Katarn
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Scienza
Frost
Stringtheory
Tytan
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
27 posters

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by RoboRed Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:08 pm

Ffff...I missed it...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:22 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 503697__safe_spike_granny+smith_carmageddon

If anyone didn't know: there's a new Carmageddon. Made by the original developers, using Kickstarter, Q1 2014.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:53 pm

Oh god, the youtube shit just keeps getting worse:
"Beginning in early January, newly-uploaded videos will occasionally go through a process called monetization review. This review is performed by YouTube, and will determine if your content is in compliance with YouTube’s current terms of use and copyright standards. Once your content has been submitted, the approval process usually takes between a few hours to a few days. This system will be based on trust-algorithm, so the more often you’re approved, the less often you will be reviewed."
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:21 pm

cb5 wrote:Oh god, the youtube shit just keeps getting worse:
"Beginning in early January, newly-uploaded videos will occasionally go through a process called monetization review. This review is performed by YouTube, and will determine if your content is in compliance with YouTube’s current terms of use and copyright standards. Once your content has been submitted, the approval process usually takes between a few hours to a few days. This system will be based on trust-algorithm, so the more often you’re approved, the less often you will be reviewed."

It's not getting worse, we were already aware they're bringing back monetization review.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:35 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:It's not getting worse, we were already aware they're bringing back monetization review.
I know; but the fact that how they're going to start doing it is the more flags you get the more random checks you get means a lot of people are going to get screwed. So for instance machinima, even though they do nothing wrong, with how many times they're getting flagged means they're going to get more and more random checks.

It's less of a, "we don't want copyright infringement" and more of a, "gtfo of our site".
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:37 pm

Right in the nostalgia:

Also lastbait:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:40 pm

Tytan wrote:
Right in the nostalgia:
Thank you for making me feel young again for not knowing what this is from.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:42 pm

cb5 wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Right in the nostalgia:
Noob
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:51 pm

Tytan wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Right in the nostalgia:
Noob

That... looks... awful...
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Dec 22, 2013 3:54 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Tytan wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Right in the nostalgia:
Noob

That... looks... awful...
It is so much better than it looks. I'll admit the boy robot's voice can be a little grating at times, but the stories are pretty awesome, and let's face it the giant robots guns sounding like screaming eagles is waaaaaaaay fucking awesome.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:00 pm

Tytan wrote:It is so much better than it looks. I'll admit the boy robot's voice can be a little grating at times, but the stories are pretty awesome, and let's face it the giant robots guns sounding like screaming eagles is waaaaaaaay fucking awesome.
Rusty looks like a massive rip off of astro boy.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:45 pm

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I feel like I'm mentioning a touchy subject, and I really don't like even the idea of talking bad about anyone (hence why I feel as if this is a touchy subject), but has anyone else seen fanfic writers who seem to have more talent than sense? I've recently seen the newest blog post of the guy who wrote Upheaval: Breaking Point, and he comes off as such. I stared at my screen for a moment and thought "How can you not understand this situation?"
Link it?
I generally don't listen to the creators of media I enjoy. Who they are shouldn't affect my appreciation of their work, so I'd rather not let it.
That said, I don't read upheaval,  so what was this about?

I don't have it anymore, I unfollowed the guy after I realized that I never had a reason to follow him. Seriously, before I even read his blog post I was wondering who the hell the guy was.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:57 pm

You know what's annoying?  When people that don't know the phrase, "not your fucking business" try to get into your personal business.

I just had to deal with my brother again and he does not know to not get in people's fucking business.  To him EVERYTHING is his business and he's mad at me for shit that does not concern him in the least.  Another person's finances are not his own personal responsibility and treating every person like utter shit yelling at them is not cool.  Even when I lived states away I would get calls from him about him complaining about my finances.

I thought he was calling me to invite me to the christmas party and instead I get a yelling message by him about my own finances that had nothing to do with him.

Yes I mad.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:03 pm

This one is for Frost.

And that one too.

From : http://infinitybiscuit.tumblr.com/post/70808341475/forestcpu-katerina-plotnikova-how-can-these
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:16 pm

swicked wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I feel like I'm mentioning a touchy subject, and I really don't like even the idea of talking bad about anyone (hence why I feel as if this is a touchy subject), but has anyone else seen fanfic writers who seem to have more talent than sense? I've recently seen the newest blog post of the guy who wrote Upheaval: Breaking Point, and he comes off as such. I stared at my screen for a moment and thought "How can you not understand this situation?"
Link it?
I generally don't listen to the creators of media I enjoy. Who they are shouldn't affect my appreciation of their work, so I'd rather not let it.
That said, I don't read upheaval, so what was this about?
Story, Blog Post
The blog post is completely unrelated to the actual story (which is very good and you should totally read it [/fanboy]). In the blog post the author is basically complaining how some people can't take criticism and should just suck it up and use that criticism for the betterment of their story even if they're a fourteen year old on their first story and the comment is nothing but criticism.

@Iron I have to agree, the more of Visiden's (the author) opinions I hear the more I'm beginning to dislike him, though Upheaval is the best fanfic ever a great series. Where did you stop reading anyway?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:This one is for Frost.

And that one too.

From : http://infinitybiscuit.tumblr.com/post/70808341475/forestcpu-katerina-plotnikova-how-can-these
If those animals are alive and not stuffed I can not bear to think what happened next.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:29 pm

cb5 wrote:

And that one too.

If those animals are alive and not stuffed I can not bear to think what happened next.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Od1OaHsYY
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:30 pm

And that one too.

How kind of her to line her heart up with the bear's. No need to waste that second round.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:32 pm

SUDDENLY, NOSTALGIA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ed-hUoeHcz0
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:35 pm

stringtheory wrote:@Iron I have to agree, the more of Visiden's (the author) opinions I hear the more I'm beginning to dislike him, though Upheaval is the best fanfic ever a great series. Where did you stop reading anyway?

I don't remember exactly, but I'm comfortable with saying halfway into the first chapter. Back when I first joined the fandom, I wasn't quite familiar with the various types of stories, so I wasn't really keen on giving some stories a try. I might go back and read it since I'll probably have the time, and I managed to read all of FoE and most of what's currently there of PH. I mean, if I can read over a million words, surely I can manage a measly 200K-ish.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:39 pm

NOSTALGIA, WAVE TWO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEpCUB8IjzM
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:44 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:@Iron I have to agree, the more of Visiden's (the author) opinions I hear the more I'm beginning to dislike him, though Upheaval is the best fanfic ever a great series. Where did you stop reading anyway?

I don't remember exactly, but I'm comfortable with saying halfway into the first chapter. Back when I first joined the fandom, I wasn't quite familiar with the various types of stories, so I wasn't really keen on giving some stories a try. I might go back and read it since I'll probably have the time, and I managed to read all of FoE and most of what's currently there of PH. I mean, if I can read over a million words, surely I can manage a measly 200K-ish.
Yeah, I'd recommend going back and reading at least through chapter 3, all the main themes of the series show up in those three chapters: OCs, fighting/grimdark, and worldbuilding. If you stop reading at that point, I can't really fault you for it because its pretty much rinse and repeat at that point. Also the story is canon with season 2 (but not season 3), just so you know.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:49 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Yeah, I'd recommend going back and reading at least through chapter 3, all the main themes of the series show up in those three chapters: OCs, fighting/grimdark, and worldbuilding. If you stop reading at that point, I can't really fault you for it because its pretty much rinse and repeat at that point. Also the story is canon with season 2 (but not season 3), just so you know.

I'll definitely go back to it, then. Fighting is mostly what attracts my attention in stories (same with movies), but world building is just as good if not better. Hell, it might even give me a few ideas for my own work.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
cb5 wrote:

And that one too.

[flash(425,350)]about:blank[/flash]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Od1OaHsYY
Oh deer; did I break you?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:01 pm

cb5 wrote:Oh deer; did I break you?
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 3nFYXQw
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:12 pm

>Grins wickedly as someone else gets pun-ished.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 2965d1386026264-dumbass-feminist-here-evil-laugh

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:22 pm

cb5 wrote:
Tytan wrote:It is so much better than it looks. I'll admit the boy robot's voice can be a little grating at times, but the stories are pretty awesome, and let's face it the giant robots guns sounding like screaming eagles is waaaaaaaay fucking awesome.
Rusty looks like a massive rip off of astro boy.

Getting in on this one three hours late but, Rusty less rip off, more homage. Though I guess for some people that's the same thing. The Big Guy and Rusty is actually based off a comic of the same name made by Frank Miller. And even in that comic Rusty was an Astro Boy expy.

Though really, even as a kid the only reason why I watched it was for The Big Guy. Why? "Merica that's why.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:25 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
cb5 wrote:Oh deer; did I break you?
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 3nFYXQw
"sv_cheats 1"
"buddha"
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:40 pm

Kinda new episode spoilery:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:42 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

I'll definitely go back to it, then. Fighting is mostly what attracts my attention in stories (same with movies), but world building is just as good if not better. Hell, it might even give me a few ideas for my own work.
Well the fighting is at D&D level (swords, spells, and bows), in fact the author admits the magic system is a blatantly ripped from D&D. So if you're trying to something with guns in it Upheaval probably won't help you.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 28 ... 32  Next