Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Scyto Harmony
Aonee
StoneSlinger88
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
tylertoon2
Kippershy
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Katarn
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Scienza
Frost
Stringtheory
Tytan
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
27 posters

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:08 am

@Iron
Hmm... those aren't exactly lesser-known bands. Coal Chamber and Fear Factory have both hit Gold - not as far-reaching as Ministry during their time in the spotlight (when industrial was in vogue), but still pretty mainstream by metal standards. =P Hang on, let me find some stuff... "Powerful and highly-aggressive," I can do that...

Bands:
My metal nerdiness is over now. It gets baited out by talk of heaviness.

@Scyto
Drinking a lot of water, and possibly also a lot of alcohol. That's my guess, anyway.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:45 am

Scyto Harmony wrote:UUUGH. How does a group of people sing folk songs for 5 HOURS STRAIGHT!?
That depends on the folk songs.
If they're german folk songs, then there is much booze involved.
If it's irish, then there is much booze involved.
If it's...

fuck it, there's booze involved.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:02 am

Scyto Harmony wrote:UUUGH. How does a group of people sing folk songs for 5 HOURS STRAIGHT!?
My first guess is "with their voices."
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:21 am

CamoBadger wrote:
If it's...

I wish I had some booze :[

I haven't had a drop of booze to drink in months.  What's worse is I had a nice bottle of extremely strong ass wine saved for my birthday and specifically told my mom, "You can have a cup, but you will wind up in the hospital if you try to drink the whole thing".  Five minutes later she was unconscious and her words before blacking out was, "yuuuurrrrr whhiiinnnnnzzzzz kk iiickkknnnn mmmmm assss*thud out like a light switch"  I didn't even get a drop cause she dropped it on the floor :[
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:43 am

cb5 wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
If it's...

I wish I had some booze :[

I haven't had a drop of booze to drink in months.  What's worse is I had a nice bottle of extremely strong ass wine saved for my birthday and specifically told my mom, "You can have a cup, but you will wind up in the hospital if you try to drink the whole thing".  Five minutes later she was unconscious and her words before blacking out was, "yuuuurrrrr whhiiinnnnnzzzzz kk iiickkknnnn mmmmm assss*thud out like a light switch"  I didn't even get a drop cause she dropped it on the floor :[
Are you certain that was wine? Because it sounds like shine.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:45 am

Dear god, first the lack of punctuation and now we've got emoticons.

It's times like these where I really hate the Communication Paradox: Misspellings, lack of punctuation and use of emoticons are invitations of a Sparta Kick to the chest, but are null-and-void in face-to-face interaction, the only viable time to implement a Sparta Kick. The Paradox was first codified by Friedrich Nietzsche in 1904, when Nietzsche's aggravation at his colleagues' near-illiteracy (If they were smart, they wouldn't be goddamn philosophers) grew to intolerable levels.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:46 am

Mister Frost wrote:Dear god, first the lack of punctuation and now we've got emoticons.

It's times like these where I really hate the Communication Paradox: Misspellings, lack of punctuation and use of emoticons are invitations of a Sparta Kick to the chest, but are null-and-void in face-to-face interaction, the only viable time to implement a Sparta Kick. The Paradox was first codified by Friedrich Nietzsche in 1904, when Nietzsche's aggravation at his colleagues' near-illiteracy (If they were smart, they wouldn't be goddamn philosophers) grew to intolerable levels.
I think you posted in the wrong place.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:51 am

It was in reply to Cb's post.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:51 am

CamoBadger wrote:Are you certain that was wine? Because it sounds like shine.
. . . Maybe
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:08 am

cb5 wrote:
. . . Maybe
 Dancing PinkiePie
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Dec 22, 2013 2:35 am

CamoBadger wrote:
cb5 wrote:
. . . Maybe
 Dancing PinkiePie
It was kind of funny though considering her words before drinking it was, "Well it's only strong to you cause you're a light weight".  That's like someone saying a person who loves absinthe is a light weight.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:15 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Iron
Hmm... those aren't exactly lesser-known bands. Coal Chamber and Fear Factory have both hit Gold - not as far-reaching as Ministry during their time in the spotlight (when industrial was in vogue), but still pretty mainstream by metal standards. =P Hang on, let me find some stuff... "Powerful and highly-aggressive," I can do that...

Bands:
My metal nerdiness is over now. It gets baited out by talk of heaviness.

I'll give this stuff a looky-loo when I get a chance. Tyler recommended some stuff to me, and because of that my list of favorite bands has jumped from 17 to 28. Anyway, what I meant by "obscure" was stuff that the average person wouldn't know about. As far as most people are concerned, Heavy Metal seems to be like Cuba or Korea in that they know about it, it has a notable presence, but they haven't explored it much if at all. That's how things seem to me, anyway.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 4:52 am

@Iron
Gotcha, gotcha. There have been weird periods where it's been fashionable and/or popular enough to garner real attention, mostly in its least-intense forms and mostly in the '80s and '90s IIRC, but you're right that compared to stuff like pop rock and, well, pop-anything, it was pretty minimal apart from occasional bands like Metallica making it crazy big (and I guess you could call the form of Metallica that made it big "pop-metal" when compared to their earlier stuff =P). Have fun with the links, and with what all Tyler sent you!

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:18 am

I feel like I'm mentioning a touchy subject, and I really don't like even the idea of talking bad about anyone (hence why I feel as if this is a touchy subject), but has anyone else seen fanfic writers who seem to have more talent than sense? I've recently seen the newest blog post of the guy who wrote Upheaval: Breaking Point, and he comes off as such. I stared at my screen for a moment and thought "How can you not understand this situation?"

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:46 am

So, Shadow Warrior. Finished downloading this morning, finished the first level.

So far, so good. The action is good and the controls feel natural.

The swordplay is good so far. So good I've neglected using the pistol the game threw on my laps after the first time I tried using it against a sword of demons, and saw it was far more efficient to hack and slash my way through them.

Pretty fun so far. My only fear is that the various combo moves that you can acquire require you to memorize key combinations (though they are very basic, like "press W and then hold left mouse button"), and that's the kind of thing I'm pretty bad at. Though it doesn't seem like it's going to make the game hard : looks like it's more a matter of addressing the need of a subset of the player base to aim for the Perfect rank (combats are ranked depending on how you managed your combos).

Also, end-of-level screen. It had been a while since I last saw that in a western game (well, there's Syndicate, but it's also kinda a retro-inspired FPS).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:09 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 7B26jfp
(source : http://www.shortpacked.com/index.php?id=1988 )
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:18 am

@Iron
My initial take:

@Harmony
Ooh, that does sound good. First-person games with good melee combat are always nice to see. Don't think it'd run on my computer, sadly. Also kissing helps immunize the population or something, IIRC. Possibly by spreading infectious diseases, which is the roundabout way of immunizing the population.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:27 am

Those eyes...

http://hootbird.tumblr.com/post/70746524879

looks demented.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:27 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So, Shadow Warrior. Finished downloading this morning, finished the first level.

So far, so good. The action is good and the controls feel natural.

The swordplay is good so far. So good I've neglected using the pistol the game threw on my laps after the first time I tried using it against a sword of demons, and saw it was far more efficient to hack and slash my way through them.

Pretty fun so far. My only fear is that the various combo moves that you can acquire require you to memorize key combinations (though they are very basic, like "press W and then hold left mouse button"), and that's the kind of thing I'm pretty bad at. Though it doesn't seem like it's going to make the game hard : looks like it's more a matter of addressing the need of a subset of the player base to aim for the Perfect rank (combats are ranked depending on how you managed your combos).

Also, end-of-level screen. It had been a while since I last saw that in a western game (well, there's Syndicate, but it's also kinda a retro-inspired FPS).

Correct me if I'm wrong but by end level screen you mean something that assigns you with a rank and score of some kind? If that's not right this is going to be completly irrelevent.

Scores, achievements and level ranks:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:36 am

Huh, I must be tired that spoiler looks like a jumbled mess to me now.

Umm what I meant to say is things like that are mostly gone (They still exist in different forms.) because they're from a time when games had to last longer. For many reasons which included the customer wanting more for their money and competing with the used and rental games market. At least from what I can tell those are the reasons behind them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:40 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Iron
My initial take:

That makes sense. Just to clarify, I wasn't trying to badmouth him or anything, I just felt that it was a confusing subject that might prove interesting to discuss.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 7:57 am

Eeyup. I wouldn't normally, but he seems like he'd be insulted if I didn't, so. =P There's another argument to be made about this, about how producing work with so little monetary reward (this works for any story, really, not just fanfic) indicates a level of nutso. Again, not an argument I'd necessarily make, 'cos it gets into all that nonsense about right/left brain, personality types, artistic creativity being a form of schizophrenia... lots of stuff. But it certainly does at least indicate a level of drive, and that often correlates with having Opinions and Feelings about things that need to be shared with the world. I'd be willing to say that much, I think.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:26 am

@ Last:, nah, you're spot-on and we're in agreement here. But on the other hand, Shadow Warrior is a retro-shooter, in the sense that it plays on that old element of "score". It also feature secret places, collectibles, etc... Which do not detract from the game, but add another layer of gameplay for the "100% completion" crowd to latch upon.

As long as I don't have to meorize 36 different key combinations to play my shooter, I couldn't care less about the presence of scores and collectibles, given the game doesn't take itself seriously in the first place.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:19 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Those eyes...

http://hootbird.tumblr.com/post/70746524879

looks demented.

I like that first pose specifically what they did with her legs. It's neat.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:38 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 24 1506709_634888626568718_1193413503_n
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:43 am

Ironbait.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:01 pm

Holy shit. I have been back for not even three days, and I'm already back at "top poster of the week" status ?

Sheeiiiit.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:11 pm

Admittedly it doesn't take much to climb the ranks these days. Just reply to everything. Though it does help that you and Frost make for fun conversations when we find ourselves in a slump.

Personally I'm just trying to keep up with Iron in a continuous battle for not being in last place for the top 10 of most post.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:23 pm

The upside of my being too bored to even play videogames, is that I'm in a kinda creative & productive mood when it comes to writing stuff.

See the Setting thread (1) (2).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:23 pm

saucy scytobait:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 32 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 28 ... 32  Next