Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Aonee
Scienza
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Plasticube
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
Frost
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Penby
Kippershy
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Katarn
29 posters

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:50 pm

I liked Alien: Resurrection better than Alien 3. That's pretty much the most I can say for it, though.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by cb5 Sun Nov 24, 2013 7:54 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I liked Alien: Resurrection better than Alien 3. That's pretty much the most I can say for it, though.
They should have stopped at 2.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:00 pm

cb5 wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I liked Alien: Resurrection better than Alien 3. That's pretty much the most I can say for it, though.
I'll +1 to that, but add that all they really had to do was not make crappy movies. =P Hell, Prometheus almost wasn't crappy - they came close!

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:06 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
cb5 wrote:
I'll +1 to that, but add that all they really had to do was not make crappy movies. =P Hell, Prometheus almost wasn't crappy - they came close!
Prometheus was too silly for me.  Especially the part where that woman runs in a straight line to try to escape. Sometimes I wonder just how high was Ridley when he directed it.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:12 pm

cb5 wrote:
Leaving in scenes that explained character's actions and making it not seem like they got beat upside the head with the idiot bat every time they weren't in frame would've been a good start.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Nov 24, 2013 8:16 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Leaving in scenes that explained character's actions and making it not seem like they got beat upside the head with the idiot bat every time they weren't in frame would've been a good start.
Could you imagine a world where the idiot bat was a real physical object that you could obtain and anybody you gave a love tap with it suddenly lost 50 IQ points?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Nov 24, 2013 10:11 pm

Katarn wrote:Looking at derpiboo.ru, I must say..it's official. Today is tentacle day there. Be warned. I blame new season :D
Yeah, tbh, I just saw that part and went "*deep sigh* fucks sake... this will churn out a ton of monotone, generic crap..." speaking of which, severely disappointed how glorified bland and stereotypical content is whilst innovative and interesting stuff is neglected. Seriously, these past two months, seen a ton of new, well made stuff be posted, and more or less utterly ignored. Then someone makes something flat that's been made twice before that week, and people praise and splooge all over it. Like, really...? are people allergic to "good" or different stuff? Like, shesh... there's more than ONE way to use something. And just because something contains X doesn't mean it HAS to contain Y. People are quiet ferocious users of not giving a fuck about that in several other cases that are worked to death. Ugh... bully mentality... only okay to enforce SOME kind of things.

Other major thoughs on the episode were: "Gummy! Nooo!" and "Did see that part coming somewhat early." Oh, and before those, quite a bit of "that...feels sorta semi-forced plot-convenience". But overall, found it overall good. Had pacing and all.

@Valik: (fic) Whose fic and whatnow?

(brazzer) tbh, all I really "got" from that site from glancing random advertisment is that is seems to be based around some sort of bdsm, and face>ass.

(tiara) huh... it was what I expected, but actually way less worse than I first imagined. Surprised me by being bit above decent.
(in that regard though... feel like they're going to use the tentacle-hair-mare... and prolly won't bother to include any of the "mare" part... doubt anyone will tbh... if anyone though,  might potentially be tiara... got a slight hope increase in them. Which is a good as most everyone plummeted the past months.

@cb5: (magickarp) there is actually more worthless pokemon. It got less stats all around, and can't really do shit.

(zombie) Sounds somewhat decent imo. Personally prefer the slow fucks more than herpderp ones. True, they are based more on "chance" and "ambush" to even work country wide. Also like a "not 207 % infection chance" ones. Heck, even something as buttfuckery as aids ain't 109 %. Rather low to what I recall... like average pregnancy chance.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:32 pm

I just picked up a pair of Steelseries 3H headphones with a built-in retractable microphone. Life is getting better. This may be the best headset that I've ever had.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:41 pm

Kattlarv wrote:(zombie) Sounds somewhat decent imo. Personally prefer the slow fucks more than herpderp ones. True, they are based more on "chance" and "ambush" to even work country wide. Also like a "not 207 % infection chance" ones. Heck, even something as buttfuckery as aids ain't 109 %. Rather low to what I recall... like average pregnancy chance.
Actually lore wise people way more into zombies have thought about how if there ever was zombies it would happen.  A zombie apocalypse would happen more last of us style in that at first the world isn't fucked, but over the course of twenty years the world would be fucked.  Even if bites and such have a low chance of infection think of it as like the flu.  Just cause someone has the flu doesn't mean that you'll catch the flu one year.  However if catching the flu even once meant death over the course of years chances are you're screwed.

Like let's say it's a zombie apocalypse and everyone has only a one in a hundred chance of getting accidentally infected a month and there's 7.5 billion people in the world.  (7,500,000,000)(.99^[12monthsx20years])= ~672 million people left on the earth after 20 years, after 40 years only 60 million.

Basically if there was such things as zombies you would have to get used to shooting your friends who are infected very quick.  At first if there was such things as zombies you would constantly hear about on the news about outbreaks being taken care of, but years later most people would have wound up getting infected at some point and having to be killed to prevent outbreaks.

Basically imagine last of us.

*edit
I'm getting tired of people's shit. Yeah I know it has to do with the season 4 opener, but apparently according to the fandom you're not even allowed to dislike some parts of the episode. The fact you can't even bring up something as simple as how all of seasons 1, 2 and 3 take place in a year is getting ridiculous.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 24, 2013 11:56 pm

@cb5
My headcanon for all that stuff happening over the course of a single year is basically that, since seasons and suchlike are apparently scheduled and controlled, there's no reason to expect a year to be anything but an arbitrary length of time, y'know? Multiple falls and winters and summers could go by in the course of a single year, for instance. (This would help explain why almost no winter episodes exist, and how they happen far removed from one another - short winters to celebrate and relax and stuff without depriving the nation of food and suchlike or something) Also you're doing the thing where you take individuals' actions and make them stand in for the entire group again. =P We all do it, mind you.

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:01 am

I think this is some fanart for Kipper, I forget who writes what sometimes.:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:14 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@cb5
My headcanon for all that stuff happening over the course of a single year is basically that, since seasons and suchlike are apparently scheduled and controlled, there's no reason to expect a year to be anything but an arbitrary length of time, y'know? Multiple falls and winters and summers could go by in the course of a single year, for instance. (This would help explain why almost no winter episodes exist, and how they happen far removed from one another - short winters to celebrate and relax and stuff without depriving the nation of food and suchlike or something) Also you're doing the thing where you take individuals' actions and make them stand in for the entire group again. =P We all do it, mind you.
Actually I know generation doesn't have any bearing on friendship is magic, but in mlp generation 1 it was a magical land that was more of a pocket universe attached to earth.  By that I mean think of it as like the lore behind final fantasy.  Each game in final fantasy is actually a mirror universe of earth and in final fantasy they explain that each version of final fantasy is based off another level of the pocket universes.  Or how in touhou gensyoko is a sealed off pocket of space that was originally a part of earth.  Or how in the justice league crisis on two earth's all the parallel versions of the earth are based on the original; well granted that version of superman is partially to blame for the destruction of his planet in that he was originally a good guy, but became a villain in that he viewed any version of earth other than his as inferior.

Basically my head canon is that the present tv show, past generations, and future generations are a mirror universes connected to each other partially.

Basically inception with magic and ponies.

It would be the easiest way for fanfic writers to try partially keep their fanfics in line with canon and pull the, "lol it's just a parallel universe of the show that merely mirrors the show" card.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:23 am

http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/
This site updated again.

Also this. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b853WHhlMuM
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:31 am

iLateralGX wrote:http://www.thesurvivor2299.com/
This site updated again.

Also this. 
I have a feeling that fallout 4 is going to be unlike anything we've seen yet. The reason being is that audio is something not for what we're used to in previous fallout games. This audio is more of a "save the entire world" sort of feel instead.

Whatever it is it's probably going to be nothing anyone expects and when a trailer does come out even people that hate fallout are probably going to go
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 8aa

The only thing I can really think of whatever it is it's going to be a even more bigger than life story.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:32 am

Tytan wrote:
That looks like Appletart Longshot from Broken Steel. The story setting is interesting, but I somewhat dislike the author.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:34 am

Whatever happens, we will know something in about a week.
Then we can either put this to rest or get hype.
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:38 am

cb5 wrote:I have a feeling that fallout 4 is going to be unlike anything we've seen yet. The reason being is that audio is something not for what we're used to in previous fallout games. This audio is more of a "save the entire world" sort of feel instead.
Ah. So, Fallout 4 is going to be a modern military shooter.

Trollestia
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:41 am

Valikdu wrote:
cb5 wrote:I have a feeling that fallout 4 is going to be unlike anything we've seen yet. The reason being is that audio is something not for what we're used to in previous fallout games.  This audio is more of a "save the entire world" sort of feel instead.

Trollestia
The look on your avatar matches up perfectly with that sentence.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:42 am

Valikdu wrote:
cb5 wrote:I have a feeling that fallout 4 is going to be unlike anything we've seen yet. The reason being is that audio is something not for what we're used to in previous fallout games.  This audio is more of a "save the entire world" sort of feel instead.

Trollestia
Falloutfield: Call of Cover-Based Military Ghost Shooter of War Duty Honor Ops 4: Guns of the Patriots.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 12:56 am

Valikdu wrote:

Trollestia
Personally I would like it if they injected a little bit of bioshock infinite into fallout.

Also way more skill based.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:04 am

Ironmonger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
That looks like Appletart Longshot from Broken Steel. The story setting is interesting, but I somewhat dislike the author.
Dear fuck no. Oh god the pain.
A pregnant albino with a human version 50 caliber sniper (I think?) where the story finds a gigantic Liberty Prime insert with C&Q with humans and...
Interesting isn't the word.
Let us not forget that I wouldn't use an alicorn without using their proper colours also. I love my girlies, Helios, Eos and Selene (Eos far too much, I love muh Eos) - but this is...
And apparently she's from a Stable too.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:06 am

Well fuck, my mouse just died and I don't have a second mouse. Imagine how annoying this is right now.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:07 am

cb5 wrote:Well fuck, my mouse just died and I don't have a second mouse.  Imagine how annoying this is right now.
*imagines intensely*
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:20 am

iLateralGX wrote:
Also this. 
When I first heard that, I actually cried. It's pretty awesome.

I've been following the developments, very interesting so far. Consider me hyped.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:33 am

cb5 wrote:Well fuck, my mouse just died and I don't have a second mouse.  Imagine how annoying this is right now.
Been there, lol. League of Legends on a trackpad... it was not the worst experience, but it was not great.

Anyone here like electronic-sounding instrumental metal music with weird rhythm and patterns and suchlike? My main metal blog plugged this guy's stuff recently, and it's surprisingly engrossing. Very easy to listen to. Live drummer, too. Very impressive, that. Everything else, ironically, is synthesized. =P

@Kipper
Eek. That premise would be... hard to make good.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:38 am

yup, a pregnant cyber-albino-alicorn from a Stable with a human 50 caliber rifle who later meets humans and the skrin and a gigantic robot with...
here, let me show you what we did with it.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 4 13701910

The author got upset and said we'd 'ruined' it despite the original still being intact, of course.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:41 am

who else wants to play skyrim now?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:43 am

Fuck my life. The person from previous is now saying I can't say positive things about the show, while on the same breath saying I can't say negative things about the show.

And this is the same person as before I've been arguing with. It's all the same person.

I hope to god they never reproduce.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:44 am

Kipper, I'm confused. What was ruined by "we"? The image? The story? What?

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Mon Nov 25, 2013 1:45 am

@Kipp:
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 32 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 18 ... 32  Next