Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+24
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Downloaded Skill
Scienza
Kippershy
brony all alone
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
cb5
Scyto Harmony
Moodyman90
RoboRed
Aonee
Valikdu
Tytan
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Katarn
Penby
28 posters

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:19 pm

I get the feeling at some point I was misundertood.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:20 pm

Last wrote:So if you're suggesting that an another author writing about RD would be left alone then I'd have to disagree.
This comment come from someone who is privileged enough to never have had to deal with such a situation, but for those having to deal with such a thing, may I suggest growing a spine ?

The internet is where the trolls lives, and if you start compromising your creations just to please them, well son you're going to have problems.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:22 pm

Last wrote:I get the feeling at some point I was misundertood.
I don't know, I'm not talking to you specifically there, I'm just giving my opinion on all the "Somber ruined it forever again" drama. Feel free to ignore it at your convenience.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 pm

You know what Harmony? You're right. About the whole spine growing thing. Again I don't necessarily agree I just see why they'd be upset by it.

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:28 pm

I'm still like eight chapters back so this whole RD lives thing is news to me, but I'm of the opinion that Somber can do whaterver the hell he wants in his fanfic, and that should have no bearing on anyone elses fanfic, even one thats assuming PH is canon.  If I'm not mistaken, at some point there is a discontinuity between FOE and PH for that very reason.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:36 pm

Erumpet wrote:I'm still like eight chapters back so this whole RD lives thing is news to me
As an aside, maybe this could be argument enough to not have discussions regarding PH in this thread ? 'Cause one of the reasons I don't frequent the Comment Thread as much as I did is the spoilers that get thrown there (sometimes of chapters that aren't even out yet... How ), and if spoilers start to leak here as well, I'm not going to be a happy panda.

Though I'm not a panda in the first place, semantically speak-*CLONK*

*static*

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 25 We_are_experiencing_technical_derpyculties_by_inkwell_pony-d4rndk4
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:40 pm

Last wrote:Again I don't necessarily agree I just see why they'd be upset by it.
And I see it too. Just layin' the arguments.

Sometimes, you need to listen to criticisms. And sometimes, you just need to tell other people to fuck off.

It's a case of using your judgment
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:41 pm

Well I'm of the opinion PH shouldn't be discussed here at all. I kinda went against my own opinion. Sorry guys.

But yeah I'm for PH sticking to the PH thread.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:44 pm

Spoiler'd because discussion is over, but still here because I was interested in the topic - more of a discussion of headcanons, readership, and writing than PH now:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:49 pm

Thanks for adding to my arguments in a slightly more solid way, OAC.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 pm

Reply sent. I hope it helps, somehow.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:36 pm

Gonna try to start The Ship up. Gonna try to use the Team9000 server again.
Remember, in the Steam window, go to "View", than Servers and look up The Ship.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:54 pm

And on these words, I think it's my cue to go fall in the embrace of Morpheus' hairy arms.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:47 pm

This essay...

You guys need to all go read House of Leaves so I can talk about it more to you without you thinking I'm a crazy a person.

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 30, 2013 11:55 pm

Ooh ooh I've read house of leaves! Yes.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:00 am

House of Leaves is writen so that you would go insane. I haven't read it myself but I know that much.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:56 am

Spoiler:

I'm not sure if I should find this funny or (kinda) scary.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:07 am

Katarn wrote:
Spoiler:

The video is fucking hilariously hilarious.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 31, 2013 1:19 am

Katarn wrote:
Spoiler:

lel
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 2:02 am

@Moody, Erumpet
I did my best to just analyze the technique of veiling information to make the reader keep reading (basically, turning everything into a puzzle to prompt people to think hard about little things and get obsessed with the story[s]). It's hard not to get drawn into talking about the interplay of the different layers the second you have to start citing specific examples, though. Like... what should I pretend is going on here - what's being said by the narrator, what a reader would actually know is going on here if he or she had only read this far, or a post-reading interpretation of what's actually going on here? Or... something in between, even! I think I managed to work in how fucked it all is near the beginning, so hopefully that will answer any questions about how fast and loose I treat the book's "reality" in my analysis.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:01 am

Camobait:
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:24 am

While watching the West Wing, I learned that "faffing around" is an actual expression - I have been using this for years while worrying that I was making up a word. I am so happy right now in this moment.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:33 am

Making up words is great though. That's where a majority of Gavin's humor comes from. That and general incompetence.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Oct 31, 2013 5:58 am

Oh don't get me wrong I make up words a lot - I just try to avoid using them when speaking. Especially ones that sound like slang for masturbation. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Penby Thu Oct 31, 2013 6:07 am

Last wrote:Making up words is great though. That's where a majority of Gavin's humor comes from. That and general incompetence.
Spoiler:
Penby
Penby
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 44

http://penby.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:53 am

Katarn wrote:
Spoiler:

That is fucking brilliant.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:11 am

The video it is from : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Z7UnO66q9w
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 am

@OAC: I'm not sure what your essay is supposed to be about or how far you've gotten, but it sounds like you are concentrating on the veiling of information by the true author.  Again, I'm not sure what your topic really is, but in my few years of college English classes I've been told to ignore the audience when analyzing fiction.  Basically, while the author hiding stuff may be keeping the audience reading, what is the significance of the hidden information to the story? If it is solely to keep the audience interested, which it isn't, then that is probably indicative of an unimportant story element. If I were you, I would concentrate on the true authors intent, the frame authors intent, or Zampanos intent, (or maybe all three or some combination of them) and the reason they would have to keep information hidden. Basically, how does the hidden information effect the how the story is told, and/or what the story is saying. One cool thing about House of Leaves is that it has three 'authors' for you to write about, so you have three times the amount of material. Also, you know that because two of the authors are made up, their every action and motive can and probably is symbolic/meaningful.  If I am way off base about your essay topic, then sorry, and anyone that knows more about writing than I (which is most people here) is more qualified to tell you how to write your essay, but that is my opinion in the context of house of leaves.
Ursa Major

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:32 am

I think now I saw everything.

Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 am

tinybatponisocyute:
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 25 of 31 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 24, 25, 26 ... 31  Next