Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rulers of Equestria: political RP

5 posters

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Rulers of Equestria: political RP - Page 5 Empty Re: Rulers of Equestria: political RP

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:27 pm

[Scienza walled up during the Changeling crisis

Also, way ahead of you for the grid]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Rulers of Equestria: political RP - Page 5 Empty Re: Rulers of Equestria: political RP

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:45 pm

[R'Shalok hold F5, G5, E5.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:48 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[Scienza walled up during the Changeling crisis

Also, way ahead of you for the grid]
[thanks]

Action:
Phoenixia investigates C3 & C5 for resources and threat assessment.

C3
Resources:
Threat assessment:
2, 7, 10

C5:
Resources:
Threat assessment:

We launch the expansion into the new land to fuel our growing need for food and raw metals, except C5.  C5 is abandoned.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Events :

- Resource Survey results for C1 and C2 :

[roll]
Spoiler:

Actions :

- The Republic, through various state-owned companies, start sending traders to C1 and C2. Mission focus : establish economic ties.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:59 pm

-R'Shalok begins expanding into D5. [Should I just let you roll, Cb? I know Harmony is rolling for himself but I thought you might want to do it for like events and such.]
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:00 pm

[I'm using http://www.random.org for my rolls]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:30 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Actions :

- The Republic, through various state-owned companies, start sending traders to C1 and C2. Mission focus : establish economic ties.
[roll]
Spoiler:

- C1 is successfully brought closer to The Republic through economic means.
- C2 (metaphorically ?) drive away traders from The Republic with pitchforks and begin policies of economic protectionism.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:17 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:-R'Shalok begins expanding into D5. [Should I just let you roll, Cb? I know Harmony is rolling for himself but I thought you might want to do it for like events and such.]
[sure]

Action:
Phoenixia realizing that the peaceful times will probably never last forever works on fortifying our homeland further and our colonies as well as decentralizing our government, trade system, and other necessities to be able to function without input.  In short Phoenixia is working towards making it to where our colonies, homeland and such can function autonomously if need be.  What that means is while we may still have the capital in our original homeland if the capital is burned to the ground we can still function without it.  Each colony adopts a new form of local government in which local matters are taken care of locally and national matters are handled nationally using the national government as a model as well as a governmental hierachy in case of emergencies.
Tl:dr; Phoenixia establishes state governments using the national government as a model using a hierachy and the government is being decentralized.
Side effect:  Due to local governments being able to handle local issues the amount of paperwork for the nationally elected representative chamber has gone down drastically.  No longer do court issues have to go to the capital to resolve the case.
[ooc: basically how the usa has state governments and then it has the national government, but instead more autonomy to state governments if the national government is gone. Inbetween a confederacy(colonies would be able to function without input)-federation with repressentative democracy for the senate and a absolute monarchy for the head]

We explore B3 to potentially locate a new capital and new main city.
Resources:

Threat assessment:

We keep the original homeland as our main hub, but begin construction in B3 to make a new capital.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 3:54 pm

Actions :

- The Republic tries to strengthen its ties with the local government of C1, with the intention of signing economic and defense treaties.

[roll]
Spoiler:

- C1 is successfully influenced toward a closer economic and military cooperation with The Republic
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:01 pm

Covert operation (DM eyes only):
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:34 pm

Phoenixia explores A3 and C2

A3:
Resources:
Threat assessment:
Phoenixia begins to quickly establish a colony at A3 to tap it's resources and countless ponies rush for A3 in the belief they will strike it rich.

Threat assessment for C2:

The locals are strangely friendly and claims by the elder of being threatened with a fork from another country and the diplomat's empathy towards him they gladly hear my plans to respect their government.  Self autonomous soveriegn state of C2 established.
Also the development of the new capital at B3 is dropped instantly for a newer capital at A3 in the richest land.

Spoiler:

Also we wish to extend to R'Shalok a peace treaty.

Technological advancement:
Transocean cables:  Now you can communicate even faster

[let's wait for scyto to make a turn or two so he can catch up]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:19 pm

[anybody else think my territory looks like we're giving the finger to the world?]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:22 pm

[more like you're presenting the stick to be beaten with :v ]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:[more like you're presenting the stick to be beaten with  ]
[bow-chicka-honk-honk]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:27 pm

Rolls for D5:

R'Shalok accepts the peace treaty.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:32 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Rolls for D5:

R'Shalok accepts the peace treaty.
[3.6 rounds up to a 4 so no threats found. Wait I thought you already control D5, do you mean C5? Also congrats on 10k posts]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:38 pm

[you really aren't lucky with your rolls, Scyto, aren't you ? Luna 
anyway, I'll have to go for the night soon, so have a few more turns Scyto, just to bring you up to speed with everyone else. I'll answer any proposition tomorrow]
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:40 pm

[I said we moved into D5, I never rolled because I asked you if you wanted to roll for it.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 7:43 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:[I said we moved into D5, I never rolled because I asked you if you wanted to roll for it.
[You don't have to wait for me to roll.  We're both just using random.org]
Harmony Ltd. wrote:[you really aren't lucky with your rolls, Scyto, aren't you ? Luna
anyway, I'll have to go for the night soon, so have a few more turns Scyto, just to bring you up to speed with everyone else. I'll answer any proposition tomorrow]
[Yeah if Scyto had rolled one lower it would have rounded down to a 3.  I'd hate to see him play poker.]

[Since I did take a couple of turns I'll finish up the night since harmony is logging off by going once and calling it a night. I'm not logging off, just don't want to get too far ahead of you. Scyto if you want to take a couple turns you can]

Action:
Phoenixia has finished moving to the new capital of A3. D4 will continue to serve as a important trading hub. Also our companies open up public trading on a stock market to be sold and bought internationally.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:11 pm

Location on grid: A4

The Place:
Welcome to Bonita, for as long as ponies here can remember it has been ruled by an elder dragon who considered it a part of his hoard until a recent altercation with a draconequus caused the 3 pony races to finally unite and defeat the dragon. 

6 permanent cities were built behind strong walls in the middle of dense, wild and dangerous forests, currently only accessible by air with no roads leading in or out. they are dependent on pegasi to bring in food and resources.

Only a few lanes remain clear of wild weather, we cannot afford the pegasi needed for large scal weather control at the moment.

the overgrown husks of abandoned pony towns are spread throughout the forest, established overnight by the bold or foolish most of them are lost just as quickly to the wild.

The Citizens:
Earth ponies make up about 50% of the population, Pegasi about 30%, Unicorns make up 8% with the rest made up of aborigines and griffon opportunist who burst out of the forest for the final stages of the recent conflict.

Leadership:
I was the keeper of the books under the elder dragon, I kept ponies fed and materials going where they were needed, having played a major role in the rebellion i am entrusted with to keep doing the same thing. 

I am joined by the captain of the pegasi guards, and the respected masters of the craftspony guilds.

Military:
Though the entire population united to fight the dragon, however only 5% from the earth ponies are currently on active duty guarding the city walls, while enthusiastic, they are poorly armed and trained.

The Pegasi however are veterans, equipped with the best equipment the dragon didn't want (plain not gem encrusted or gilded) and are constantly called upon to fight major threats to the cities.

We do not have a naval force, but a hoofull of small airships are currently active hauling food full time, 1 damaged capital airship survives, it requires 10% of our wood for basic repairs and supplies which we cannot afford at the moment. 

Economic Conditions:
The recent damage to our infrastructure and food supplies has greatly slowed population growth, in addition heavy industry and thus large scale access to non renewable resources is unavailable until it can be reestablished.

This situation has caused groups to leave seeking a better life elsewhere, the trickle of refugees is how you have come to know of Bonita. 

Of the refugees you receive half of them are useless vagrants, the other half are craftsponies who have skills that are not as useful in the process of rebuilding. Goldsmiths, gemcutters, singers and soapmakers of the ponies like these only 1 in 100 are above average and of those 1 in 1000 can produce a masterwork. 

Regarding the refugees:

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:27 pm

Plasticube wrote:Location on grid: A4

The Place:
Welcome to Bonita, for as long as ponies here can remember it has been ruled by an elder dragon who considered it a part of his hoard until a recent altercation with a draconequus caused the 3 pony races to finally unite and defeat the dragon. 

6 permanent cities were built behind strong walls in the middle of dense, wild and dangerous forests, currently only accessible by air with no roads leading in or out. they are dependent on pegasi to bring in food and resources.

Only a few lanes remain clear of wild weather, we cannot afford the pegasi needed for large scal weather control at the moment.

the overgrown husks of abandoned pony towns are spread throughout the forest, established overnight by the bold or foolish most of them are lost just as quickly to the wild.

The Citizens:
Earth ponies make up about 50% of the population, Pegasi about 30%, Unicorns make up 8% with the rest made up of aborigines and griffon opportunist who burst out of the forest for the final stages of the recent conflict.

Leadership:
I was the keeper of the books under the elder dragon, I kept ponies fed and materials going where they were needed, having played a major role in the rebellion i am entrusted with to keep doing the same thing. 

I am joined by the captain of the pegasi guards, and the respected masters of the craftspony guilds.

Military:
Though the entire population united to fight the dragon, however only 5% from the earth ponies are currently on active duty guarding the city walls, while enthusiastic, they are poorly armed and trained.

The Pegasi however are veterans, equipped with the best equipment the dragon didn't want (plain not gem encrusted or gilded) and are constantly called upon to fight major threats to the cities.

We do not have a naval force, but a hoofull of small airships are currently active hauling food full time, 1 damaged capital airship survives, it requires 10% of our wood for basic repairs and supplies which we cannot afford at the moment. 

Economic Conditions:
The recent damage to our infrastructure and food supplies has greatly slowed population growth, in addition heavy industry and thus large scale access to non renewable resources is unavailable until it can be reestablished.

This situation has caused groups to leave seeking a better life elsewhere, the trickle of refugees is how you have come to know of Bonita. 

Of the refugees you receive half of them are useless vagrants, the other half are craftsponies who have skills that are not as useful in the process of rebuilding. Goldsmiths, gemcutters, singers and soapmakers of the ponies like these only 1 in 100 are above average and of those 1 in 1000 can produce a masterwork. 

Regarding the refugees:
[welcome to the game here's the map so far. It's about the 1850's technologically]
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AntlHWUU_vWadHllcWgxWi10V1l3cWVpQTZMbXBhbFE#gid=0

Phoenixia realizing you are our new neighbour(my capital is A3), we tell you we mean no harm and are willing to trade.
[actually that works perfectly cause A3 is a new area so that fits in well of "oh new land, oh there's ponies next to our land]
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Plasticube Fri Sep 20, 2013 10:13 am

In the search for alternative sources of food, and unwilling to try eating meat from kills, the unicorns have attempted processing every organic fiber they can find and discover the creation of paper from wood pulp.

Paper is edible and long lasting but the taste is disagreeable and is only eaten when nothing else is available, downed in a lump without chewing along with a strong drink.

We didn't think that there were other ponies beyond the coast that would make the journey to this corner of the world, the ponies who meet you are excited having never seen ponies dressed like you or the strange devices you bring, is there anything you can tell us about the rest of the world?

We are looking for food, what would you trade for 8% of our wood, and 2% wood processed into paper?

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:36 pm

Actions :

- Referendum is held C1, E4, F4 and G4, for them to decide if they wish to join The Republic at this time.

[roll]
Spoiler:

- The following territories are now part of The Republic : C1, E4, G4
- F4 wishes to keep the statu quo for the time being.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:48 pm

To Phoenixia (player eyes only):
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:55 pm

Actions:

- The Republic sends emissaries in the newly discovered land of Bonita, with the intention to propose for the overture of an Embassy in their Capital.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 20, 2013 4:22 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
To Phoenixia (player eyes only):
Phoenixia rejects these terms, and explores into A2, and B2

Resources:
A2: 3,3,7
Threat assessment:
Colony begins

B2: 1,1,1
threat assessment:
Colony is abandoned

C2 is now claimed as part of our territories.

Also Phoenixia gladly opens up trade to Bonita tax free, due to them needing food.

internal affairs:
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:43 pm

Actions:

- A new referendum is held in F4, asking the territory if it wish to join the Republic at this time.

[roll]
10, 10, 10 (I swear I'm not making this up)

F4 joins the Republic with more than 95% of Yes, the news sending a wave of Patriotic sentiment in the rest of the Republic.

- In the wake of this wave of patriotic sentiment, The Republic decide to send cartographers, traders AND diplomats in A1 and B1 to start bringing these territories closer to the Republic.

covert operation:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Sep 20, 2013 6:56 pm

Trade & Diplomacy :

- The Republic offers food to Bonita for Free (up to 4% of The Republic's food surplus). If necessary, more food can be sold at a preferential rate.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:17 pm

Phoenixia sends a colony to A1:
roll for resources:
Threat assessment:
(that's a 4.33)

Phoenixia begins colonizing A1

internal affairs:
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Sep 20, 2013 7:32 pm

[Sorry I haven't been posting much guys, I've been super busy and I still will be the next couple of days. Let's just say the R'Shalok is going through some internal work.]
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next