Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+47
Third Wind
Scienza
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Necr0maNceR
cb5
Karasu
Exodus Hero
Aonee
Revan Seiei
FoolNeim
Plasticube
Technowolf
Mister Nikel
TalixZero
Vixie
WovenTales
FeatherDust
Ketchup
Sparklecake
Kaidon
Luminous Lead
Frost
thatguyvex
hawkeye92
Kippershy
StoneSlinger88
Somber
Downloaded Skill
Valikdu
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
RoboRed
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Derpmind
ARoundCorner
Caoimhe
Meleagridis
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
HillBilly-Drew
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Moodyman90
Icy Shake
CD
51 posters

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:51 am

SilentCarto wrote:Somber, I have a question for you. Is the theme of identity something you deliberately built Project Horizons around, or is it just something that crept in because it interests you? Because practically every main character has issues that orbit that theme.
And cutie marks are a symbol of identity and such, so they show up in similar ways. I think it's interesting that the main cast all have problems with their cutie marks, but in different ways.

Blackjack has one, one of the only constants through all her bodily changes, but doesn't know what it means. P-21 was given his at a young age, so it was meaningless, and now its only meaning is the one he gave it -- "I survived, you bastards." Scotch Tape doesn't have a mark, because she's still finding her talent, while Boo lacks one because she may or may not be a person at all. Lacunae doesn't (didn't Q_Q) have one because she's a conglomeration of mind fragments, while Rampage is a conglomeration of souls and has too many, which trade out on a regular basis. Glory's mark was stolen from her by an enemy, then later replaced by a mark that isn't hers at all...
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by FeatherDust Sun Aug 11, 2013 10:59 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Somber wrote:In my creative writing class, we called that character development. :D
True enough! It's just hard to see whether he has any identity issues of his own when it's so tough to get a grip why he does what he does at any given moment at all. Our view of his personality, made up of little slices and slivers of contradictory actions occurring years apart, is so broad that it's almost impossible to divine whether any given act is based his real moral compass, a façade he wants to show someone else, or desperation. It would be easier with someone like Deus or Sanguine, whose life is largely defined by a single issue.

And I'm not saying that's bad. It makes him fascinating when we can feel sympathy for him one minute and revulsion the next.
I think there's a point where Goldie wasn't even sure which persona was really him at all.  He's fooling all of the people all of the time, and I think somewhere along the way, he forgot who HE was supposed to be.  He sees the war for all its destructive pointlessness, but does his best to keep it happening.  He knows Luna's reign will either end badly or turn Equestria into something terrible, but he works hard to keep her in power.  He seems to be working at cross-purposes to himself, sometimes.

We have a few moments, a few memories of him that we've seen where we can be pretty sure we're seeing the real Goldenblood with no trickery or artifice, and it seems to me that they're at the very end, like his conversation with Rarity in the most recent chapter.  Something happened to make him finally realize how badly wrong he'd gone.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Aug 11, 2013 12:27 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Scotch Tape doesn't have a mark, because she's still finding her talent,
But she got hers in Chapel after helping rebuild everything and developing working plumbing for everyone.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Mon Aug 12, 2013 2:03 am

FeatherDust wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:Somber, I have a question for you. Is the theme of identity something you deliberately built Project Horizons around, or is it just something that crept in because it interests you? Because practically every main character has issues that orbit that theme.
And cutie marks are a symbol of identity and such, so they show up in similar ways.  I think it's interesting that the main cast all have problems with their cutie marks, but in different ways.

Blackjack has one, one of the only constants through all her bodily changes, but doesn't know what it means. P-21 was given his at a young age, so it was meaningless, and now its only meaning is the one he gave it -- "I survived, you bastards."  
Scootaloo 
I must have been blind not to notice this before, but isn't the ultimate goal of Blackjack (the game) to get "21"?  If you're particularly trusting in your luck, don't you keep telling the "dealer" to "hit me" until you reach it?  Didn't Blackjack (the mare) spend ages trying to win over 21 (the stallion) while daring The Dealer (the ghost) to hit her with all the cards he had?
Twilight
Symbolism, why u everywhere?

Last edited by Luminous Lead on Mon Aug 12, 2013 12:50 pm; edited 1 time in total

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Mister Nikel Mon Aug 12, 2013 6:09 am

Fifty eight made me feel.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Tumblr_feels_by_jackie_lyn-d50ngc2
Mister Nikel
Mister Nikel
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Aug 12, 2013 10:48 am

RoboRed wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:Scotch Tape doesn't have a mark, because she's still finding her talent,
But she got hers in Chapel after helping rebuild everything and developing working plumbing for everyone.
Doesn't, didn't, whatever. Verb tenses are hard.

(Honestly, I was on my phone and not in a position to look it up. I thought I recalled her getting it but couldn't recall what it was.)
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:37 pm

swicked wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:
RoboRed wrote:
Doesn't,  didn't, whatever. Verb tenses are hard.

(Honestly, I was on my phone and not in a position to look it up. I thought I recalled her getting it but couldn't recall what it was.)
It's a toilet.
I mean, I'm not saying it's a toilet in the fic, but it's a toilet.
So, you defecate on the Freemasons? Do they have a say in that?
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:43 pm

I can't remember what her Cutie Mark was.... I want to say it was a diamond wrapped in a scroll with either a protractor or a compass on it to show how amazing she is at designing stuff.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Mon Aug 12, 2013 7:53 pm

Somber wrote:The filly’s cutie mark was a strange diamond over an unwrapped scroll.  The four-sided diamond was made up of two strange apparati.  The bottom one was a ruler which seemed to be bent in the middle at a ninety degree angle.  The top was some strange piece of equipment that resembled two sharpened metal sticks joined at the apex by a hinge.  On the parchment was some strange abstract design that appeared vaguely structural.
It's a compass and square over a scroll.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 8 Tumblr_lzjfgxBzfx1qdgid5o1_500

Oh, and in English "apparatus" is its own plural, but "apparatuses" works, too.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:11 pm

Well I right about some of it, my brain hasn't completely given up on me.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:22 pm

It's the Freemasonry symbol.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 13, 2013 3:03 am

So that faction guy who was talking with a bunch of us in the teamspeak server. He's a pretty cool guy. Doing animation stuff, pretty awesome by the sounds of it. Slowly working up to being epic. Also, I said I was gonna leave the chat last, and he beat me. Hats off to you, faction, you're a person who worth talking to even when running on third fourth wind. Sorry I was mostly zombie and you didn't get to talk with the others much about your stuff.

Oh, and I don't really remember the deleted post that was after StoneSlinger's and would have been before mine, but I get the feeling it was funny and good and shouldn't have been deleted and the person in question is very much honest when being honest counts.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:26 pm

Sorry for bringing that up again, Swicked. I honestly don't remember much of what the post you deleted was like, but I wanted to try cheering you up a bit. (Deleting a post can kinda suck.)

Here, have some Trixie:

Jedi Trixie
Slayer Trixie
O_o Trixie
Epic Trixie (giant picture)
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Tue Aug 13, 2013 2:39 pm

Totally forgot to post this when I found it last week. Wear headphones for maximum effect.

Oh, and this one too.

Same author, tones a zillion miles apart. Both really awesome and worth listening to.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:33 pm

I remember that tune.  Scary!  And I hope folks will really like P-21 next chapter.  He just had a talk with Lancer....
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 13, 2013 6:35 pm

Well if I wasn't looking forward to the next chapter before, I am now.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:15 pm

Somber wrote:I remember that tune.  Scary!  And I hope folks will really like P-21 next chapter.  He just had a talk with Lancer....
...Ohhhhhh? :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by ARoundCorner Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Somber wrote:I remember that tune.  Scary!  And I hope folks will really like P-21 next chapter.  He just had a talk with Lancer....
 Does this count as spoilers?
ARoundCorner
ARoundCorner
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Aroundcorner
Sex: Yes, PLEASE!
Species: Ponies or Humans, either one is fine.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 13, 2013 8:30 pm

Not really, we don't know what said talk was about.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:02 pm

Joke suggestion: "She does has a nice flank doesn't she?"

On actual suggestions, I'm going with something along the lines of "If you try to kill Blackjack or any of us again I'll personally end you."

Or, and I don't know why this popped into my head, P-21 ends up have a father to son like discussion, which will somehow make P-21 more of a father figure to Lancer then the Legate.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:08 pm

"I hate you."
"Hate?  Really?"  "I know a little something about hate..."
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vixie Tue Aug 13, 2013 9:54 pm

swicked wrote:
Vixie wrote:Psalm has actually been one of my favourite characters since we first met her
...why?
Now, I'm not saying people don't have the right to like what I don't. People have accused me of that before. I am honestly just curious and, if you don't mind, could you explain what you find appealing about her? Lacunae, too, if you like her as well?

I can't get into these characters' heads and have naught but negative opinions of their behaviours and weaknesses, though Lacunae was a bit better this chapter. I'd like to hear "the other side", if you don't mind.
 I actually just find something so incredibly appealing about her whole character. I love how she's almost lost herself, manipulated and hurt after being so strong back in the orphanage. She knows what she is doing is wrong. She's just so broken and Goldie just did an admirable job of screwing up her brain. Evil, but very well done. I feel the way Psalm was (is?) written, gets to me. I find it easy to get into her head. I feel really bad for her, and her monotone mantra of "Forgive me Luna for I have taken the life of another" is so typical of various brainwashed soldiers and victims of dangerous religions and cults. Out of all the characters I've seen thus far, she's my favourite.
Except Blackjack. Blackjack is adorable and crazy and shooty.
Hmm. Lacunae didn't really do it for me, for a long time. I got how she was meant to come across, but it wasn't until we really got the detail on how much the Goddess had done to her, and she grew into herself that she began to grow on me as a character. She maybe began to register as a character back in Meatlocker, trying on the dresses.

I'm still a little confused. The Goddess was Trixie, right? From what I gather, she seems to be mostly Trixie with some of Twilight's smarts thrown in. It wasn't really made clear.

Vixie
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 5

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:13 pm

what he says, very Rough Draft...:
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by HillBilly-Drew Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:24 pm

somber.... i... cant ... wait!!! lol. but really p21 talks to lancer? its got me runnin a million ideas in my brain. loved the last chapter by the way. my hats off to ya brotha i could never write anything that good. hahaha wat ever the next chapter is like, ill support ya 110% brotha!!!

HillBilly-Drew
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:28 pm

I ain't reading that post and spoiling the excitement no way no how.

Regardless Lancer is a pretty good character to be on the team so to say. I expect him to be an anti-Rampage brooding over the weirdos he's pretty much forced to be with for a period of time due to moral code.

Most of that is probably due to Zeebs being just so much cooler in FoEniverse
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:35 pm

After struggling if I should read the spoiler or not, I did.

My response?

Ehehehehe, ahahahahaha, AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

P-21, survivor, father, bad ass mother fucker.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by HillBilly-Drew Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:42 pm

ok... i peeked... :) love it!!!

HillBilly-Drew
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 1

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Aug 13, 2013 10:43 pm

I liked the part where he
Spoiler:

Regardless that's the part that made me laugh the most and is why I am really really looking for the end product in the next chapter.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:01 am

Moodyman90 wrote:I liked the part where he
Spoiler:
Man, that'd be a heck of a slight of hand check.  Automatic critical hit, and no damage resistance in the world could save you.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:31 am

Moodyman90 wrote:P-21, survivor, father, bad ass mother fucker.
Literally.
Derpmind
Derpmind

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 29 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 18 ... 29  Next