Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
IncoherentOrange
cb5
Darkbright39
Cptadder
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Kippershy
RoboRed
Frost
21 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:00 pm

If you weren't before,

you are by the end of it Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:29 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 354353__safe_trixie_alicorn%2Bamulet_warhammer%2B40k_artist-colon-filincool

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:33 pm

Saw that one. I like the comment on Derpibooru :

" For the greater and more powerful good "
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Man, the Industry is complaining that less and less people are going to the theaters ;

but can you blame people if when they're in the mood to watch a movie there's nothing that catch their attention screening, or if they don't have €10 to blow on seeing a crappy blockbuster without the ability to put the movie on pause to go to the toilets in the middle ?
It has more and more to do with technology making theatres obsolete.  Why should I drive an hour to go to a movie theatre to watch a movie when I can just watch it on netflix later on?  Unless it's something I'm super excited about seeing I'm not going to go.

The underlying problem is that it's much easier when you own a company to blame the consumer and stick your fingers in your ears going, "lalala I'm right and infallible lalala you're wrong you're so wrong cause I can never be wrong lalala", when in reality the only constant in the world is change and that all economies are constantly changing or have the ability to change whenever another variable in a economy changes.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:45 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 LGvML29
http://threewordphrase.com/brofight.htm
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:50 pm

cb5 wrote:It has more and more to do with technology making theatres obsolete.  Why should I drive an hour to go to a movie theatre to watch a movie when I can just watch it on netflix later on?  Unless it's something I'm super excited about seeing I'm not going to go.

The underlying problem is that it's much easier when you own a company to blame the consumer and stick your fingers in your ears going, "lalala I'm right and infallible lalala you're wrong you're so wrong cause I can never be wrong lalala", when in reality the only constant in the world is change and that all economies are constantly changing or have the ability to change whenever another variable in a economy changes.
Well, there's also the fact that the bigger an institution is, the harder it is to change it, because of institutional inertia.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:07 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Well, there's also the fact that the bigger an institution is, the harder it is to change it, because of institutional inertia.
Which is why it's so easy to find ourselves in a depression like the housing collapse. Once a company stops being willing to adapt to new changes all it takes is one little thing to set off a domino effect.

Like with how big the oil industry is imagine what is going to happen once reliable fusion power comes about to the countries that depend on the oil industry? Once that eventually happens oil demand in countries that can afford to build their own fusion plants is going to drop like a rock and then the countries that rely on oil are going to see their economies permanently tank into oblivion and destabalize.

The next huge world wide wars are probably going to be countries that depened heavily on oil having their economies crash, and those are probably going to be first world nations trying to help out our allies and trying to keep large scale portions of entire continents stable while everything goes to s*** in the region.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:10 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 354152__safe_bon%2Bbon_team%2Bfortress%2B2_pun_heavy_i%2Bdidn%2527t%2Bput%2Bthose%2Bin%2Bmy%2Bbag_pootis

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:24 pm

cb5 wrote:Like with how big the oil industry is imagine what is going to happen once reliable fusion power comes about to the countries that depend on the oil industry?  Once that eventually happens oil demand in countries that can afford to build their own fusion plants is going to drop like a rock and then the countries that rely on oil are going to see their economies permanently tank into oblivion and destabalize.

The next huge world wide wars are probably going to be countries that depened heavily on oil having their economies crash, and those are probably going to be first world nations trying to help out our allies and trying to keep large scale portions of entire continents stable while everything goes to s*** in the region.
The United Arab Emirates, Dubai first among them, are already working on diversifying their economy, and preparing the post-fossil fuel future. As far as I know, Saudi Arabia as well is trying to do the same thing.

The reason why Iran, which is IIRC the third producer of crude oil in the world, is trying to develop a civilian nuclear program, is because it also has some of the most important sources of uranium in the world, and cannot rely on its own oil for energy : it is a net exporter of crude oil, but it also a net importer of refined oil products, including fuel for vehicles, because it doesn't have the refineries to do it itself.

Russia, on the other hand, is basing much of its foreign policy on its ability to hook up its neighbors on the natural gas it produce. They're currently the ones who have the most to lose from a post-fossil fuel world.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
Spoiler:
*slap Iron's hand*

No ! Bad !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:31 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The United Arab Emirates, Dubai first among them, are already working on diversifying their economy, and preparing the post-fossil fuel future. As far as I know, Saudi Arabia as well is trying to do the same thing.

The reason why Iran, which is IIRC the third producer of crude oil in the world, is trying to develop a civilian nuclear program, is because it also has some of the most important sources of uranium in the world, and cannot rely on its own oil for energy : it is a net exporter of crude oil, but it also a net importer of refined oil products, including fuel for vehicles, because it doesn't have the refineries to do it itself.

Russia, on the other hand, is basing much of its foreign policy on its ability to hook up its neighbors on the natural gas it produce. They're currently the ones who have the most to lose from a post-fossil fuel world.
Hopefully all will go well though.  Personally, as much as the usa and iran hate each other, I hope they just like fullblown open up and allow for inspections and such.  They could politically spin it to make a pot shot at the usa while saving face by going along the lines of saying that they're only doing it to get a second opinion on their reactor's safety and such to make sure it's absolutely safe.  Even though the usa is totally against countries like iran developing nuclear reactors if countries like them are 100% open then that it's a slap in the face to the usa in a political sense.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:40 pm

Even if they totally opened up, the US would find a way to continue to antagonize them.

Simply because it isn't just about the nuclear program.

It's about keeping the region from seeing the emergence of a regional actors with the means (economic, diplomatic, etc...) to counter the US' influence.

As long as Iran is busy trying to avoid seeing its own economy collapse, its ability to influence rest of the Middle East will be limited.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:44 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Even if they totally opened up, the US would find a way to continue to antagonize them.

Simply because it isn't just about the nuclear program.

It's about keeping the region from seeing the emergence of a regional actors with the means (economic, diplomatic, etc...) to counter the US' influence.

As long as Iran is busy trying to avoid seeing its own economy collapse, its ability to influence rest of the Middle East will be limited.
If the usa's attempts to antagonize iran for the last fifty years hasn't worked then chances are it won't ever work.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:51 pm

Try to explain that to Washington.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Sat Jun 22, 2013 1:59 pm

It's not even the US. Before us, the Brits. Before them, a giant fucking list of nations stretching further back than the Roman Empire. Outside of cities it's largely tribal with no real affiliation with their government. The people could care less what country they're in; they just want to be left alone.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 22, 2013 2:03 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:
Spoiler:
*slap Iron's hand*

No ! Bad !
>Hisses like a kitten and scurries away.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:15 pm

New chapter of FoE: Starlight! Rainbow
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Carlton-dance_o_gifsoup-com

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 22, 2013 8:45 pm

swicked wrote:Finn (my son) is one year old today!
I already said this in the chat, but a happy birthday to him.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:31 am

We Die.

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:47 am

Press the play button, something awesome will happen.

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 8:25 am

Celestia Vs. Chrysalis
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:00 pm

There's going to be a "parody" of Solitary Locust. Made by Kaidan.

Prepare for :Troll:and general madness.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:23 pm

the end of the world as we know it:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:32 pm

I found that humerus.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:36 pm

No, I found it. It's mine now.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Humerus-1
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:38 pm

The sturdiest boner.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 pm

You know, if there's one thing I like with playing my Empire in that other game,

is sending people messages in good humor, smiling, and sending them presents,

with the underlying and unsaid message that they better stay on my good side or face the consequences.

It makes me feel... happy. Chrysalis

My character wrote:" Mac, old friend,

We are entertaining good relationships with the commodore Rom Marin. Good enough to let him benefit from our considerable funds when he himself fall on hard times.

We have good reasons to believe that your hackers are responsible for a recent embezzlement he fell victim to.

We have always been open about the possibility of maintaining you financially, that is a thing I believe we had been clear about. So, next time you are low on funds, rather than to target this poor Rom, having us bailing him out, why not skip a few steps and come to see us directly ?

This will spare quite a bit of stress to some, and will be less risky to you ; after all, some know you less well than we do, and could take wrongly from your activities if they were to become targeted by them.

Well, as a token of my words, please find attached to this message [ten times the amount of money he did with his latest stunt, which was a shitload of money already ; and is only a minor dent in my own funds].

Your good friend, "

-- Sati Purmina

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:10 pm

Especially when the other guy has always prided himself on his independence, and is going to feel insulted by being offered such a generous gift and being implicitly told to come beg for money next time ; while having little choice but smile, nod, and ever reluctantly say "thanks".
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:21 pm

In short, being a bully feels really good.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:12 pm

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/Z8xaOfbHRMA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next