Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:03 pm

Look at this picture while listening to this:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Sffl6x

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0L21jMnodt6
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:05 pm

You shouldn't confuse "trademark" or "copyright" with "author's right".

Here, Kkat undeniably has Author's Rights over Fallout Equestria. Her work may impinge on copyright and thus she could hardly make money out of it, but as the Author of FoE, she has the Right to demand that no one reproduce her work or make money out of it without her authorization.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:15 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:Copyright
Are you sure you're not thinking of trademark? I'm absolutely not an expert, but I have the impression that copyright is more or less inherent - kkat should have legal copyright over any part of her work that does not illegally use stuff from Fallout or MLP. (Not sure how much her "parody" use allows her, but even so, there should be enough original stuff in there that's being illegally used)

From US Gov website FAQ on copyright (link)
"When is my work protected?
Your work is under copyright protection the moment it is created and fixed in a tangible form that it is perceptible either directly or with the aid of a machine or device. "
She can still try, but what I posted up there is directly from the company's policies.
Doesn't she have them, though? I may be misunderstanding what some of the terms mean, here's what I'm reading:
-Signature is her signature.
-Description is something like "Fallout: Equestria, a parody of My Little Pony and the Fallout series, written by me under the nom de plume Kkat, starring the unicorn Littlepip and continuing for X chapter plus epilogue and introduction.
-Description of hosting is "This is being sold on Amazon and other online retailers in your name."
-Phone and email and suchlike are hers.
-Statements 1 and 2 are just that.

Where am I going wrong?

That said, I can't seem to find Fallout: Equestria in their actual store, so that's weird.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:23 pm

Kippershy wrote:Look at this picture while listening to this:

https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/sffl6x.jpg

I dun geddit
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:25 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Doesn't she have them, though? I may be misunderstanding what some of the terms mean, here's what I'm reading:
-Signature is her signature.
-Description is something like "Fallout: Equestria, a parody of My Little Pony and the Fallout series, written by me under the nom de plume Kkat, starring the unicorn Littlepip and continuing for X chapter plus epilogue and introduction.
-Description of hosting is "This is being sold on Amazon and other online retailers in your name."
-Phone and email and suchlike are hers.
-Statements 1 and 2 are just that.

Where am I going wrong?

That said, I can't seem to find Fallout: Equestria in their actual store, so that's weird.
But the problem arises with the actual title and content of the work. The name Fallout is trademarked by Bethesda, Equestria by Hasbro. Character names like Twilight Sparkle are copyrighted. So Kkat cannot claim any of those elements as hers. There's a reason Fanfic never gets published unless the company who made whatever the fic is about authorizes it.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:29 pm

@FOE books on Amazon: Oh geez...that's not good...

Valikdu wrote:In other news: the writer of Not Alone is going to delete his work.
Well...that's a damn shame...Thanks for letting us know. Saving a copy right now.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
At a quick guess :

Spoiler:
Ehh...not quite what I envisioned. At least not the second part. That deserves more of a sad song than anything. This song is a little more active and mysterious.

On a different note, was a description ever given of the SPP tower? I have my own in mind compared to whatever may have been given, and it's probably decisively different. This also factors how I envision music choices.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:32 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Look at this picture while listening to this:

https://2img.net/h/oi48.tinypic.com/sffl6x.jpg

I dun geddit

You're French... therefore, you are invalid.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:35 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
True (thought technically names are trademarked IIRC), but just because you can't be published doesn't mean you don't get to have copyright. As Harmony pointed out, she at least has that author's right thing (which is a subsection of copyright) and any part of her work that doesn't illegally use copyright from Hasbro/Bethesda (parody may let her get some) - and there is at least some completely original content in there that is protected. At the very least, the threat of copyright infringement should be enough to have the company pull the book - most places do no matter how bogus the claim, and there's no reason for them to want to fight this since it is infringing on someone, one way or another. However, I am not a lawyer. Hopefully, a brony who IS a lawyer can give Kkat some advice on how to proceed.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:47 pm

So, I was just on the /mlp/ board talking about things and Kim's dolphin vagina thing became relevant.
Amazingly, someone had a picture that... was beyond my expectations that was relevant to that.

It involves full on 4chan /mlp/ level autism (sorry, but it really does reek of it) in its most beautiful form... sorta.
Mare v dolphin.

Anyone care to see?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:48 pm

How I see the SPP towers :

Silvery-black cylindrical towers, perfectly vertical and going up for kilometers and kilometers, far above the cloud layer, such that on a bright and clear day you could see them for hundreds of kilometers around, with always at least one, two or three in sight in various directions while you're inside Equestria's borders.

If you didn't knew any better, you could even think they are columns holding up the skies above.

And when you're atop of them, and look up, there is only

the deepest blue

As for the music, that's because I don't see it as a soundtrack, but more as a theme, for a third person "slideshow" of the event, with the mystery unveiling itself, and the emotions of melancholy and wonder which comes with the reveal, accompanied later by resolve as a decision is taken.

I can also see it as a theme for the SPP towers and the aura of mystery and wonder around them in general.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 4:53 pm

Kippershy wrote:You're French... therefore, you are invalid.
Shush you.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:03 pm

Kippershy wrote:So, I was just on the /mlp/ board talking about things and Kim's dolphin vagina thing became relevant.
Amazingly, someone had a picture that... was beyond my expectations that was relevant to that.

It involves full on 4chan /mlp/ level autism (sorry, but it really does reek of it) in its most beautiful form... sorta.
Mare v dolphin.

Anyone care to see?

Kipper wat u doin
Kipper stahp

And now my curiosity is active. Give me that link.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:05 pm

THERE'S NO STAHP ON THE /MLP/TRAIN BABY
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Apparently so.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 16 37e
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:06 pm

Kippershy wrote:So, I was just on the /mlp/ board talking about things and Kim's dolphin vagina thing became relevant.

Mare v dolphin.

Anyone care to see?
... would I regret seeing it more than live action human x rotting baby seal necrophilia? (Did I ever tell you guys that story? Spike )

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:11 pm

The internet is a wonderful place.

In a lovecraftian cosmic horror kind of way.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:29 pm

Chaos is a wonderful, wonderful thing.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:32 pm

Chaos is chaos, unpredictable and ever changing.

The Internet is simply... beyond description.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:36 pm

Relevant :

http://derpiboo.ru/230476

(be sure to check the comments)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:45 pm

@Harmony, Valikdu
Awful Storytime!:

And that's how Equestria was made. Pinkie Pie Also, how I looked into the heart of the TARDIS internet.

(Mods, feel free to delete this if it's too out there; I tried not to embellish but it's still kinda gross)

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:54 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Relevant :

http://derpiboo.ru/230476

(be sure to check the comments)

I guess, you could say that we’re entering…

*cool shades pull*

…the Twilight Zone!

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHH
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 5:55 pm

Less out there but still pretty far (not kidding, and not for the faint of heart) :

Spoiler:

For me to still remember it to this day, 6 years after the facts, you can imagine it was quite... impressive, and not in a good way.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:22 pm

Kippershy wrote:
snip:
My brain upon reading this post.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
snip:
Very similar to how I envision them. Very tall, cylindrical, and flat-topped, reaching high past the cloud layer. However, I see them as not black, but originally white, and somewhat grayed by the passage of time and the elements. (kinda like this. Heck, just look up "mirror's edge background" in google, and you'll get somewhat of an idea.) The interior is also a pristine white, much like the clouds of Equestria past, where the light of the sun is brightly reflected throughout the open rooms, and the blue sky can easily be seen along with the cloud layer and the interspersed rocky peaks that peak though it. There are stairs and brushed metal railings. Terminals and furnishings are dispersed thoughout the rooms, designed to compliment, not clash. The towers are a pinnacle of Equestrian technology, and, while Littlepip spent her time in one, a place of momentary calm, due to being isolated from anypony else.

The music I pick accents the scene at hand, and often shares traits with it. I likewise pick it as a theme. For example, this is one of my choices for a trip above the clouds: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uL3FzvMwOZw
It has an "airy" feel to it, mostly due to the violins and artificial vocals. It "echoes" across the open, cloud-layered sky, But it is rough enough to let you know that it is not completely empty. There are pegasi, structures, and craft in the area still, though they may not be nearby. It also conveys a sense of urgency - that there is still a job of some sort to be done.

Ideally, for when Pip entered the tower, I'd chose something a little bit more subdued than Deepest Blue. It's close, but still too active because of the drums and tempo. Right at that moment, Pip is slowly exploring the tower. Even though she urgently needs to find out its secrets, she is still isolated from all the fighting, with just herself and the echoes of the past. Something a little more like this (but not quite, still): https://youtu.be/hknNlxpAlUg

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Kippershy wrote:You're French... therefore, you are invalid.
Shush you.
FIGHT! KISS! FIGHT! KISS! Spike

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Harmony, Valikdu
Awful Storytime!:

And that's how Equestria was made. Pinkie Pie Also, how I looked into the heart of the TARDIS internet.

(Mods, feel free to delete this if it's too out there; I tried not to embellish but it's still kinda gross)
Ohdearchristwhat
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Feb 01, 2013 6:55 pm

Spoiler:

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 01, 2013 8:03 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Harmony, Valikdu
Awful Storytime!:

Ohdearchristwhat
Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:39 pm

If anyone here likes RP's and the Supernatural, This might interest you
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:09 pm

Mister Frost wrote:If anyone here likes RP's and the Supernatural, This might interest you
I would, but I sense I would become annoyed with some of the other characters...
Plus I have too much to do already Spike
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:16 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:If anyone here likes RP's and the Supernatural, This might interest you
I would, but I sense I would become annoyed with some of the other characters...
Plus I have too much to do already Spike

I'm rather proud of my character. He's a mole man that goes around starting government conspiracies. His weakness is tinfoil hats
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:42 pm

Despite what some may think, I'm the psychopath in real life while Frost is more collected. Somehow that shit gets switched in online interactions. Where's the fun in making sense?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 01, 2013 10:49 pm

Also, Camo, if you don't mind, I've been following along with The Kingdom and I've got an idea, if you'd like to hear it.

for camo's eyes only:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 31 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17 ... 23 ... 31  Next