Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Meleagridis
Quotidian
Moodyman90
Ketchup
IncoherentOrange
Iluvatar
Game Master
Nightfire
OneMoreDaySK
iLateralGX
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Cptadder
Kattlarv
RoboRed
Kippershy
Stringtheory
Caoimhe
Harmony Ltd.
Ironmonger
27 posters

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:08 pm

I came up with a unique weapon for my OC.
Thundersong. 12 gauge automatic shotgun fed from a drum magazine. Fires rifled slugs. The gun has engravings of lightning bolts and thunder clouds, option to activate an amplifier that magnifies the report of the weapon several times. 30 inch barrel.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Nov 25, 2012 6:51 pm

Totally off-topic, but I can't stop laughing (metaphorically) :

http://snapai.deviantart.com/art/Lyravator-339663601
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Caoimhe Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:10 pm

Certainly did NOT expect that. :O
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:32 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Certainly did NOT expect that. :O
you mean you weren't prepared for that?

now to see if anyone gets my reference...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:36 pm

Now you will know true Wat!

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:08 pm

Sorry Scootaburger, ya done.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:20 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Sorry Scootaburger, ya done.
so now it's Sweetieshake
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Nov 25, 2012 11:21 pm

Sweetieshake is the best.

Scoots is still best pony but Sweebles is getting up there, with this and her sparkboner in the last episode.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:24 am

Kattlarv wrote:@Kipper: (stuff) It's fine. I trail off way too often. And I fail too hard at letting things go. As for the personal stuff about it, while I did subtly mention it 3 times or so, it wasn't anything that really stuck out. As said, no hard feelings. I'm just... me.

@EP: Right, just a ton of rummaging through stuff for several pages...
Can say on a side note, ordered stuff from 2 sites online, so far rather disappoint with the service. Actually very so far.

>Kipper
>Subtle

Pick one

Seriously though, glad that everything is fine again. I was being stupid and defensive and all, but yeah.

What you been up to?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:38 am

Caoimhe wrote:Sweetieshake is the best.

Scoots is still best pony but Sweebles is getting up there, with this and her sparkboner in the last episode.
Scootaburger, Sweetieshake, and Apple Fries?

It makes perfect sense. Applebloom
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:39 am

RoboRed wrote:

CUTIEMARK CURSADER FAST FOOD MEAL YAY!!!!!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:47 am

stringtheory wrote:
RoboRed wrote:

Life is just a bowl of CANNIBALISM.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:48 am

Ironmonger wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
RoboRed wrote:

Life is just a bowl of CANNIBALISM.
all depends on who's eating them...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:49 am

stringtheory wrote:
all depends on who's eating them...

Roid Rage the cannibal. Now we have a plot going.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:50 am

...I am suddenly full of murderous fury...I don't think I can go to bed now...
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:53 am

RoboRed wrote:...I am suddenly full of murderous fury...I don't think I can go to bed now...
um, is this the kinda thing in which you need a ton of context for?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:56 am

The last five panels are pretty much all you need to know to explain my rage.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Nov 26, 2012 1:58 am

RoboRed wrote:The last five panels are pretty much all you need to know to explain my rage.
okay, yeah, I can see why you're enraged
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:37 am

As a man descended from a Kentucky country clan, I find that remark about country people offensive and completely untrue. Those sort of things make me want to go berserk.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 26, 2012 10:17 am

RoboRed wrote:...I am suddenly full of murderous fury...I don't think I can go to bed now...

I'm not a fan of this direction because that's NOT how adoption works.

But drama, whatever. It's better than 5 pages of fanart and reblogs, though.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:47 pm

@Kipper: I meant it was a subtle mention I did of it, to everyone. But as said, I think at least 2 of them were close or during a chapter release, and few bother to read anything during those heh.

And not much really, trying to get back on track. Ignoring the cold and hollow feelings.

@Robo: Tbh, can just say I went there, rummaged through the gallery, then lost ~50+ % interest when the birth was pictured as unnecessarily painful and "human".
Though that whole part was really douchey.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:08 pm

Off-topic again, but let me indulge in some mil-wankery for once...

So, thinking about the whole "Tactics win Battles ; Logistics win Wars" shtick, I got curious about the possibilities, for someone having the necessary resources like Red Eye or the Harbingers, to use Mechanized Warfare tactics & strategies.

By "mechanized", I mean by the use of vehicles, be it to move troops, logistics, or heavy weaponry (like howitzers or heavy mortars).

Fillydelphia, theoretically, should have the necessary infrastructure to build even rudimentary multi-purpose trucks - at least their chassis.

What I'm curious about, is what kind of fuel you can use for such a fleet of vehicles : say you have an army of 10 thousand ponies, even if only 10% is motorized and each vehicle can move 12 ponies AND is also used as a logistical truck when the ponies are dismounted, that's still easily several hundred trucks. Shit must consume a lot of fuel.

Sure, you could try to make them use spark batteries, but I doubt they'd store enough energy for even a 100 Km trip when the truck is fully loaded. And I don't know if you can recharge spark batteries, and if not they are scarce enough as it is.

So I thought : "hey, why not use some good'ol chemical fuel ?"

Somehow, I don't think they have much fossil fuels to spare - either good'ol oil or liquefied coal, and if they DO have coal, it's probably reserved to the Steel Mills anyway.

So, this leave us (AFAIK) with bio-fuels. Cool. But what kind of biomass can you produce in enough quantity in The Wastes where food is already scarce ?

Well... What is eaten, must be digested, right ? And what happen once something is digested ?

Piss and Shit.

There's ways to use bacterial decomposition processes to extract good quantities of Methane from P&S. Harvest this gas, compress it, and distribute it into gas bottles.

Voilà, you have a fleet of vehicles propelled by compressed farts. [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. 779695502

Edit : also, the sub-products of this Methane Extraction Process can be used as fertilizer.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:14 pm

Okay the Steam autumn sale is ending in twenty four hours and the last batch of deals just went online.

I got off lightly this year, I only spent about 107$ and bought seven games.

So we have X-Com, the Walking Dead, Witcher 2, Rage, Max Payne 3, Black Ops, and Borderlands 2

Damnit Steam why must you make things so easy on PC gamers.

MW3 is on sale for 30$ but I won't jump on it because while I do enjoy the Modern Warfare games for the crazy stories I won't drop money on any of them until they hit 25$ or less since I could care less about the multi-player.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Edit : also, the sub-products of this Methane Extraction Process can be used as fertilizer.
Or also as a source of chemicals like phosphate for explosives.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:33 pm

Thinking about it, I can't believe how inefficient Red Eye's method of slave management is.

I know that the working conditions in Fillydelphia aren't good for environmental reasons (the Fog, the radiations, etc...), and that they probably don't have much food to spare to give more to the slaves,
But is all that open display of cruelty really necessary ?

I know the lack of manpower force him to use raiders as "cadres" for his forces, and that that bastard of a feather brain was totally manipulating him into thinking that that way was the best way possible under the present circumstances just to save her fucking ass,
But, again, really ?

Man, talk about a "genius".

Yep, like I said, there's a strong theme of people with good intentions fucking up in FoE.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:03 pm

The utter stupid method of work for Redeye's slave has been a long running sore point with me. It's not just wasteful and stupid... it's inefficient and that is the highest crime of all /fascist.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:08 pm

Amazing sciencey warp-drive related stuff: http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:36 pm

RoboRed wrote:Amazing sciencey warp-drive related stuff: http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive

Wibbly wobbly timey wimey.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:38 pm

Ironmonger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:Amazing sciencey warp-drive related stuff: http://io9.com/5963263/how-nasa-will-build-its-very-first-warp-drive

I think you mean strechie wechie spacey wacey
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 26, 2012 3:46 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:

I think you mean strechie wechie spacey wacey

...For some reason the first thing that comes to mind from reading that is gettin' it caught in a zipper. D:

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 32 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 32  Next