Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:33 pm

The more I think about it, I think the end of Season 2 marks the breaking point for canon with the show for Project Horizon as the end of Season 1 marks the break with canon of Fallout Equestria.

If not deliberately intentionally then accidentally intentionally
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by iLateralGX Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:35 pm

Valikdu wrote:
OMFG FINAL EPISODE:

Spoiler:
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 16

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jan 19, 2013 1:57 pm

Wow, Cadence gets more special treatment than luna
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sat Jan 19, 2013 6:15 pm

Spoiler:
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:07 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. _foe_ph__most_f_cked_up_team_in_the_wasteland_by_theomegaridley-d5ryv40

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Jan 19, 2013 10:08 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:Wow, Cadence gets more special treatment than luna
Of course she does. She's Hasbro's Pretty Pink Pony Princess.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by iLateralGX Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:27 am

I really like P-21 in that picture... hmmm...
iLateralGX
iLateralGX
Ursa Minor

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:31 pm

Ditto. Glad to see Peetwon getting some detail other than just "blue dude" like some artists do.

That image is curious because it seems to be more or less a mashup of PH interpretations from other artists.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jan 20, 2013 12:40 pm

Oh my gosh look how tiny Scotch is Rainbow

...wait...

Nope, screw it, I'm not gonna think about all the horrible things that happened to her when she's so tiny.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:41 pm

So, a bit ago we talked about giant robots fight in Hoofington, right ?

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jan 20, 2013 1:44 pm

Okay.

Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 pm

Thanks to the PH thread (the proper one) I just found out that my way of introducing the alicorn character in my story... is pretty much the same as how Lacunae was introduced to PH.

...You know how fucking stupid that makes me feel?

I mean, sure, I didn't do it the exact same way but I did it in a way so close that it's scary. I'd completely forgotten that's how they met.
And now it's been what must be around nine months since I added Eos, it's been way too long and been brought up since on why she did what she did / how they met.

Why does this shit happen to me? =__=
Without any intention to copy Somber's style, I somehow end up doing so and then finding out many, many months later.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 2:29 pm

@Kipper
Not to belittle the sentiment, but if one borrows a scene layout, unintentionally or otherwise, it shows good taste to do so from the best. And it's not precisely an unprecedented scenario, either; it's not as common as the wise mentor figure or the forgotten scion of a royal line, but the mysterious follower who reveals her or himself only after observing is a thing, IIRC. Tropes, and suchlike!

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:02 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So, a bit ago we talked about giant robots fight in Hoofington, right ?

Spoiler:

ummm was this an anime giving a nod to evangelion or a clever recoloring of an image's color pallet?
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:07 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:So, a bit ago we talked about giant robots fight in Hoofington, right ?

Spoiler:

i had to traverse /a for this

Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:14 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:@Kipper
Not to belittle the sentiment, but if one borrows a scene layout, unintentionally or otherwise, it shows good taste to do so from the best. And it's not precisely an unprecedented scenario, either; it's not as common as the wise mentor figure or the forgotten scion of a royal line, but the mysterious follower who reveals her or himself only after observing is a thing, IIRC. Tropes, and suchlike!

Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about this. I just panicked because I was like; SHIT, I'VE ONLY JUST REALISED and completely forgotten that it is allowed and as long as I'm not doing it word for word, it should be considered flattery.
Still, ...no, I should let it go.

In PH, Lacunae follows Blackjack because Trixie tells her to. She reveals herself when Blackjack gives her no other option (aside from teleporting) and yeah.
In my story, initially all you know is that this alicorn is standing over Crimson as he sleeps, doing something you don't understand at first. She then tells him to sleep and vanishes (she's blue.)
You see her again later on, same situation. She tells him her name and again, vanishes. Then saves him a little later.

Further in the story, you then find out she was in the room where Crimson went to sleep all along, not having expected him to go to sleep there but appreciating the chance it gave her all the same.
You find out she was affecting his dreams with her memory magic, causing him to see what she wanted him to see while she poked in his head to understand him.
She takes an interest in him for reasons disclosed by that point, though never becomes a member of the party like Lacunae. Still, she's a main character but more like... more like Goldenblood is or Sanguine was, if that makes sense.

So yeah, thanks for calming me down. It wasn't intentional but at least you've told me it's okay and perhaps even a good thing in the sense of it being a nod to how talented Somber is that I would subconsciously follow his style at times.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:56 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:

Spoiler:

i had to traverse /a for this

https://www.youtube.com/v/IjOQzmiowEU

Your sacrifice will not have been in vain.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:01 pm

Kipper, I may be a bit dumb, but I don't see much similarities between how Lac was introduced in PH, and what you tell us of how you introduced the alicorn in your story (still haven't read it, sorry).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:20 pm

@Kippershy
Welcome, mate; glad to be of assistance. :)

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jan 20, 2013 4:42 pm

Kippershy wrote:

Thanks, I'd completely forgotten about this. I just panicked because I was like; SHIT, I'VE ONLY JUST REALISED and completely forgotten that it is allowed and as long as I'm not doing it word for word, it should be considered flattery.

In PH, Lacunae follows Blackjack because Trixie tells her to. She reveals herself when Blackjack gives her no other option (aside from teleporting) and yeah.
In my story, initially all you know is that this alicorn is standing over Crimson as he sleeps, doing something you don't understand at first. She then tells him to sleep and vanishes (she's blue.)
You see her again later on, same situation. She tells him her name and again, vanishes. Then saves him a little later.

Further in the story, you then find out she was in the room where Crimson went to sleep all along, not having expected him to go to sleep there but appreciating the chance it gave her all the same.
You find out she was affecting his dreams with her memory magic, causing him to see what she wanted him to see while she poked in his head to understand him.
She takes an interest in him for reasons disclosed by that point, though never becomes a member of the party like Lacunae. Still, she's a main character but more like... more like Goldenblood is or Sanguine was, if that makes sense.

So yeah, thanks for calming me down. It wasn't intentional but at least you've told me it's okay and perhaps even a good thing in the sense of it being a nod to how talented Somber is that I would subconsciously follow his style at times.
After reading this...jesus the way I've been showing Minx feels so unoriginal now Scootaloo
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:01 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Kipper, I may be a bit dumb, but I don't see much similarities between how Lac was introduced in PH, and what you tell us of how you introduced the alicorn in your story (still haven't read it, sorry).

As I say to everyone, don't worry about it. Especially seeing as the earlier chapters could really do with a rewrite to increase the quality to what I've grown to (and continue growing to as I continue to learn by writing.)
Besides that point, I couldn't possibly expect everyone to want to read my story anyway. That'd be silly.

What I mean is... well, I'll go into spoiler for this just because I'm going to explain. I might be completely wrong though and I might have a completely legit and not at all have any reason to feel the way I do.

Spoiler:

I dunno. It's probably just me getting all worried. I was getting worried today about the fact I've taken a lot of inspiration / influence from songs (though I don't steal their content, I simply see the similarities in the context of the messages or something like that and decide they're a good thing to listen to while writing or something like that.)
I'm just really nervous about what kind of quality my work is and what kind of quality of an author I am in general, I suppose. (and I use the term author loosely here. Somber is much more of an author than I could ever dream of becoming if I keep my dreams realistic, and even he has issue with calling himself an author.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:05 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

After reading this...jesus the way I've been showing Minx feels so unoriginal now [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. 1751538862

Nah nah nah, don't worry about Minx. She's absolutely fine, I like the way she has that creepy watcher vibe going on.
If we wanted to play this game, we could say that Lacunae is a rip-off from Watcher, couldn't we?

Instead, you've handled Minx pretty well. The issue with Eos is she's an alicorn who watched Crimson as he slept in a place that he had come to own, mostly. Minx has only ever watched Shayle in places where she was more than welcome to freely roam on her own accord without any questioning of why she was there. Perhaps it was a little weird for her to simply know where Shayle would come out of with the exiting the Stable, but otherwise she's never done anything that seemed the slightest bit weird (in context.)
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:10 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Nah nah nah, don't worry about Minx. She's absolutely fine, I like the way she has that creepy watcher vibe going on.
If we wanted to play this game, we could say that Lacunae is a rip-off from Watcher, couldn't we?

Instead, you've handled Minx pretty well. The issue with Eos is she's an alicorn who watched Crimson as he slept in a place that he had come to own, mostly. Minx has only ever watched Shayle in places where she was more than welcome to freely roam on her own accord without any questioning of why she was there. Perhaps it was a little weird for her to simply know where Shayle would come out of with the exiting the Stable, but otherwise she's never done anything that seemed the slightest bit weird (in context.)
Well that's good to know, I was going for creepy watcher Twilight Sparkle

And she only knew it because that's the only known way into where the Stable was. Had Shayle not fallen in there, that door was where Seer was going to take them to go in together, so Minx just guessed that Shayle would come out there.

And that's somewhat true about Lacunae, but I still wonder why the Goddess decided to have her follow BJ around so early on. (Maybe because I'm still on ch40 and haven't gotten to anything that would really explain it Spike )
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:14 pm

WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK?
Chapter... 40?

...Wat.

How could you be so behind?
Spoiler to answer your question very, very short and sweetly.

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:16 pm

Kippershy wrote:WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK?
Chapter... 40?

...Wat.

Spoiler:
I'm so far behind because I got to ch40 during deployment, and coming home I had...issues...getting back into life at home, so I didn't read anything for a long while. It got to at least ch47 or 48 by the time I was finally able to start actually doing stuff like reading again, and the chapter length was daunting when I had school starting up. So I just never got around to continuing...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:21 pm

WARNING: I have no idea where this information comes up, so it may be spoilerific:

And, oh, Camo, I'm sorry to hear it. I do hope you can find time sooner or later to start up again, for it's a good read and all; and take care of yourself, too.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:25 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Kippershy wrote:WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK?
Chapter... 40?

...Wat.

Spoiler:
I'm so far behind because I got to ch40 during deployment, and coming home I had...issues...getting back into life at home, so I didn't read anything for a long while. It got to at least ch47 or 48 by the time I was finally able to start actually doing stuff like reading again, and the chapter length was daunting when I had school starting up. So I just never got around to continuing...

Ahhh, okay. My apologies, I was just confused as all hell.
Hope things are getting better for you.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
WARNING: I have no idea where
this information comes up, so it may be spoilerific:

And, oh, Camo, I'm sorry to hear
it. I do hope you can find time sooner or later to start up again, for
it's a good read and all; and take care of yourself, too.

Forgot about this. Well done.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm

WARNING: I have no idea where this information comes up, so it may be spoilerific:

And, oh, Camo, I'm sorry to hear it. I do hope you can find time sooner or later to start up again, for it's a good read and all; and take care of yourself, too.

Ahhh, that makes sense.

And thanks, I'm all better now, at least for the most part.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:27 pm

Wait, since when is that a thing ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jan 20, 2013 5:38 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
Wait, since when is that a thing ?
Hmm... can't find evidence of it after a quick search; I vaguely remembered it, and I know there's another copy of the damn thing floating around Hoofington because Goldie had one, but can't find a passage mentioning it. I did find one that talked about the Goddess being very interested in enervation, though, and getting rid of its source. And she was interested in Chimera as an alternative to the black book for creating male alicorns.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 31 1, 2, 3 ... 16 ... 31  Next