Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
Somber
RoboRed
CD
SilentCarto
Valikdu
Icy Shake
neoaustin
Frost
Rayndalf
nallar
Gadget Steamhoof
MSCA
Elden Andel
joltius
Tacoman587
DotRook
Vexd
Scootayay
Admiral Stoic Rum
TB3
FoolNeim
Defrak
Bootleg
tylertoon2
Katarn
Epsilon
Scienza
The Truth
Borsuq
PeppyJoe
decumos
Evilgidgit
JadedPony
atikin
FeatherDust
ILM126
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Harmony Ltd.
43 posters

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Kattlarv Thu Jun 16, 2016 6:15 pm

Had a bit of a derp moment, but completely forgot to ask: I've managed to figure out the premise of the new fic.
But have Somber managed to figure out how to fix the primary issue that PH had with the massive gender divide?
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 16 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:12 pm

Also, has anyone else noticed that Somber is currently ranked "Hydra"?

Sorry, not sorry:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Jun 16, 2016 11:18 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Also, has anyone else noticed that Somber is currently ranked "Hydra"?

Sorry, not sorry:
And writing a story that kills the only known hydra (I think) in the Wasteland is obviously part of his deep cover. Simply devious.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:21 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Also, has anyone else noticed that Somber is currently ranked "Hydra"?

Sorry, not sorry:
You can get some mileage out of this.
Not even a little sorry:
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sat Jun 18, 2016 3:23 am

@Silent: *Slow clap* xD
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:32 am

Does that mean I can get four times as much writing done now?  O.o
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jun 18, 2016 11:23 am

Somber wrote:Does that mean I can get four times as much writing done now?  O.o
I'll need more heads just to read it all! Derpy Hooves
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Tue Jun 21, 2016 11:54 am

Blah... dunno why I haven't been able to relax ever since my dad died of a brain tumor. Feels like I just grow more and more easily agitated...
Ah well, it's kinda sad how this culture has become so backwards and PC, that it's considered rude to expose scams and lies on the ground that "people weren't harmed until they were shown the truth." so the logical conclusion? Shame people that are whistle blowers.
Heck, haven't even bothered calling out the recent scam folio. People don't care that it didn't even remotely deliver what was promised anyhow.

Anyhow, rambling on a bit here... regardless, I do hope you've learned from your mistakes Somber. Would be a bit deadpan if this new story carries the same flaws. Mostly as it removes 50 % of the reason you gave for not wanting to fix the mistakes in PH xP
It sounds like it's going good for it at least, so that seems promising =3 Kinda need to hear about something not going to shits.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Tue Jun 21, 2016 12:04 pm

... okay.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:16 pm

Hey, dog, it's really simple. Just include no male characters whatsoever because the presence of males means women are being abused. Then make all your sex scenes include heavy descriptions of the females' vaginas, which all have to look like a hand grenade went off inside a roast beef and mayonnaise factory.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Jun 22, 2016 5:22 pm

Don't mind that troll. He's always just tossing a fit whenever his horsedong obsession isn't met.

Anyhow, late night comment aside.
I do mean what I said. It would be really neat if you have gotten over the inconsistencies and contradiction PH suffered from.
As, like said. When both of the reasons given for not fixing them in the original release of PH was 1: "Just wanted to put it down and finally be finished with it. So you could focus on something new." (totally understandable, it's been years) It's the 2: "Much like conveyed in the story, I want them there to remind me that I can do better." I would quirk a bit of a brow at in case nothing now would have changed in the new story. Which as said: Hope isn't the case. As then you could just as well have had people correct them.

But so far I'm only gotten conversational snippets of what it's about and all that. So far it doesn't seem to go in the same tone or direction. So who knows, maybe those topics won't even pop up :P
Could be an alternative ofc. But ah well. Whether it's never been addressed so far, or if people just don't want to spoil, I won't know till I read. But for that, I gotta get around to finishing PH first heh.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Jul 15, 2016 9:59 am

Homelands Ch. 8 Commentary:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:23 pm

The One Man's Pony Ramblings review is live!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:43 pm

Ah, thanks.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Wed Aug 03, 2016 11:10 am

Icy Shake wrote:The One Man's Pony Ramblings review is live!

Damn, never thought he'd actually do it.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:04 am

By the way, was it ever revealed why Blackjack inexplicably thinks like a Menenist more or less?
Or was that also chucked on the "meh, cba to explain/think of a reason" pile?

Especially considering it seems like Somber possibly decided to not fix most of the issues in PH nor learn any lessons before starting the new story.
Would be nice to know exactly how many loose hanging threads never gets resolved or addressed when I eventually go back to finish it.
(Though I am seriously considering just cutting my potential losses of a great follow up in fear that Somber just pulled a Colonial Marines. And simply cut out and post the fixed versions of the flawed majors scenes, and not risk messing up the regular dialog like I did in my first attempt.)
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Sep 18, 2016 1:18 pm

Menenist?

I'm afraid that I'm not sure what you mean by "pulled a Colonial Marines" either, sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Sep 21, 2016 5:02 am

O. Hinds wrote:Menenist?
A crazy-person term that means "somebody who campaigns for rights of males, even though we already live in a Teh Patriarchy". Originated as a joke, but crazy people took it with complete seriousness and ran with it. Still running, I see.

I'm afraid that I'm not sure what you mean by "pulled a Colonial Marines" either, sorry.
Um... had the work done by someone else while was himself working on something that interested him more? Not sure what this would even apply to. Well, I'm sure Katt can explain in a totally sensible way (lol).
[The term would be referring to how the Gearbox CEO Randy Pitchford had his company work on the project that interetec him more - Borderlands 2 - and gave the one that didn't - Aliens: Colonial Marines - to some other studio, and the game was bad as a result]
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Wed Sep 21, 2016 12:28 pm

@Valikdu:
Thank you for the clarification.

@Kattlarv re menenism:
While I am not certain, I believe that it was effectively the latter, yes. I think it was less that he couldn't be bothered and more that he didn't see a need, though.

@Kattlarv re Colonial Marines:
I'm afraid that I"m still not sure just what you're asking here. Somber wrote Project Horizons all the way to the end, if that's what you mean. He even put some edits in the FIMFiction version that he didn't run past the team first.
Actually, I suppose that the first item could have been addressed in them (I'm not sure exactly what he did), but I'm afraid that I don't think that it was likely done to your satisfaction if it was done at all.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:53 pm

Chapter 33 of Project Horizons was released exactly 5 years ago today. It's been a while.
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Jan 20, 2017 5:56 pm

who are you
what's going on
where am I
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Sat Jan 21, 2017 12:10 pm

Oh don't mind me, just performing necromancy.
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Jan 24, 2017 2:11 am

Oh, my. Wow. Hard to believe...
Thanks, Scootayay.

(Just replaced my hard drive cable. Again. Though I've also, sadly, got a new laptop ordered, with the expectation that it will become the new primary. I still plan to use this one frequently, though, as I expect to have more chargers and a better-fitting case for it. Still, sad. Ah well.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Wed Jan 25, 2017 2:20 pm

Scootayay wrote:Oh don't mind me, just performing necromancy.
Bringing this back to life? 
Time to kill everyone again then:

O. Hinds wrote:Oh, my.  Wow.  Hard to believe...
Thanks, Scootayay.

(Just replaced my hard drive cable.  Again.  Though I've also, sadly, got a new laptop ordered, with the expectation that it will become the new primary.  I still plan to use this one frequently, though, as I expect to have more chargers and a better-fitting case for it.  Still, sad.  Ah well.)
i'm sorry you're having troubles, sir.  Hopefully things will be alright.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:08 pm

Thanks, Ryx. :)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:10 pm

Bit late to the party, but new PH metal fan song from MetalPony.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Feb 18, 2017 8:26 pm

Awesome.  Thanks for sharing!

Also, new chapter of Homelands is out.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:18 pm

So I remember wondering from time to time if you could read PH without FoE. Based on his comments, worked out fine for the guy who made this:

Cool that it did (and granted, I kinda suspected it would, even if you'd be missing some things). Still how does that happen, though, and why? Derpy Hooves

ETA: Now voted #6 on March 2017's pony music top 10!
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 16 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16