Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by O. Hinds Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:46 pm

Kippershy wrote:Yeah, PC only.

Grunge-till-the-end@hotmail.com
)5o%uj,E

Put that into the username/password on the login section of the site, click this and it should allow you to download it.
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/productdl.php
Wait, so did they discontinue the Mac version? I used to only play it through Wine anyway, but I'm surprised by this development. Thanks for the key, though; if I have time, I might make use of it.

Oh, on that note, anyone here have any idea how to prove that if
Code:
<h|Qh>=<Qh|h>
for all functions h in Hilbert space then
Code:
<f|Qg>=<Qf|g>
for all f and g? I've been banging my head against it for a bit now, and my professor went to a meeting and then home for the weekend.

edit: Nevermind; I had an epiphanic breakthrough!

Kippershy wrote:So - question.
Did anyone else book a printing of FoE on the second printing?
I remember they estimated the pricing estimates to be back on the 14th, anyone received any news/email regarding that?

I'd sincerely hate to lose my order because it's fallen victim to my spam folder or some shit, like the initial emails were originally routed to.
Looking at the website, I think that they're not accepting payment until at least the 17th of this month. I'm not entirely sure, though, and I hope that I'll get sent an email or something when they want the money for Somber's copy.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ketchup Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:01 pm

So I tried out KSP again, but my spaceship was evaded by Mun, so now it's orbiting the sun, and has been for 600 days. Kerbal is still alive. It was an accidental slingshot orbit.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:

No-one can take the place of the original SG1 crew, they were simply balla. O'Neil... yeah.

Except for the... Farscape crew! [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 2937254162 Well, not the whole crew obviously, just Crichton Mitchell replacing O'Neill and Claudia Black just tagging along.
Seriously, she can just tag along to anything and it'd be fine, as long as we hear her Voice.
(and thank the higher powers that, apparently, Bioware knows this fact)

swicked wrote:

And Valikdu, are there episodes of stargate (at least SG1) you WOULDN'T watch? :P

In SG-1, several season 1 and 2 episodes that are silly and I wouldn't watch them again. It's been a long time though, and I can't give exact names right now.

Last edited by Valikdu on Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:18 pm; edited 2 times in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:15 pm

swicked wrote:And Valikdu, are there episodes of stargate (at least SG1) you WOULDN'T watch? :P
Whenever the Tok'Ra is involved my enjoyment of the series somehow manage to drop, I'm not quite sure why.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:26 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Valikdu wrote:...I'd watch THIS episode of Stargate:
*snip*
how good is Stargate? I've heard about it and it's basic premise, but how does it stack up to say Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek?
The first six seasons of SG-1 are bloody magnificent, definitely above Battlestar and (though this might get be lynched in some circles) a few shades above even the best of Star Trek. Just to start with they have military characters that actually act like an intelligent military which is a huge step up over almost everything else in my mind. The technobabble is good, the plots and universebuilding are good, the primary characters are wonderful, and there's generally something awesome about a realistic portrayal of humans fumbling about with technology we barely understand in order to explore the galaxy and defend the earth from civilizations millennia beyond us.
The last four seasons of SG-1 kinda slacked off, with major characters swapping in and out because of actors leaving, writers kinda scrambling because they'd defeated the big bads and needed to try to come up with credible threats... it just kinda broke down. The whole thing is worth watching if you have the time and I own all ten seasons (and the movies) on DVD, but be warned that it's not going to stay as wonderful all the way through and probably should have ended before it did.
One note before you start watching, the SG-1 series begins in the same continuity and a few years after the Stargate movie, so you might want to check that out first. They do a good job with the exposition IIRC, but the movie is good in its own right and it's probably better to watch the things happen that start the whole thing instead of get a fragmented account, as long as you can keep the changes straight in your mind. (Actors switching for the same characters, physical nature of the aliens reworked, etc.)

The first spinoff, Star Gate Atlantis, is pretty good. Not quite as good as the first half of the first series but definitely better than the second in my opinion, and a generally pretty damn good sci-fi show on its own. The premise as a whole feels a little cheesy at first, but the writers of individual episodes are generally great and the primary characters were engaging (though as swicked said, they can come off as cartoony. Natural result of having one renegade-type soldier, one mad scientist, and a couple of native tribals for your primary team and a civilian in charge of the base instead of military all the way down).

The second spinoff, Star Gate Universe, is pretty shit from what I can tell. They tried to do a 'younger, edgier' crew instead of people who actually knew what they were doing, they seemed to fall into the rut so many shit tv/movie writers seem to be in where they can't think of any interesting conflict so they just make all the characters stupid assholes and show them arguing with one another and fucking a lot... I could barely make it through an episode myself but every review or reaction I've heard served only to convince me that skipping the rest was a good idea.

Valikdu wrote:
Kippershy wrote:

No-one can take the place of the original SG1 crew, they were simply balla. O'Neil... yeah.

Except for the... Farscape crew! [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 2937254162 Well, not the whole crew obviously, just Crichton Mitchell replacing O'Neill and Claudia Black just tagging along.
Seriously, she can just tag along to anything and it'd be fine, as long as we hear her Voice.
(and thank the higher powers that, apparently, Bioware knows this fact)
They were among the best parts of the later seasons, but still not as good as those they replaced in Stargate. Another point to everybody though? Watch Farscape. Just watch it. First season is kinda (very) silly, and picking it up in the middle is pretty impossible because of a plot-thread complexity level approaching Project Horizons at times, but it's overall one of the best sci-fi shows I've seen.

(and yes. Admiral Daro'Xen vas Moreh. yeeesssss)

swicked wrote:
Valikdu wrote:In SG-1, several season 1 and 2 episodes that are silly and I wouldn't watch them again. It's been a long time though, and I can't give exact names right now.
I would watch any of them anytime.
I also loved Farscape. Strangely enough, The Peacekeeper Wars were my favorite episodes of the bunch.
If they count, I mean.
Agreed. Though the Peacekeeper wars were basically most of the awesome of a whole season compressed down to four episodes; saying those were your favorite episodes is kinda like saying Serenity was your favorite episodes of Firefly.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:40 pm

Sindri wrote:one renegade-type soldier
...one whose name is Sheppard, no less...
Sindri wrote:They tried to do a 'younger, edgier' crew instead of people who actually knew what they were doing
...Yes, that. Remember how in SG-1's 200th episode, which was a parody of various film-making cliches, they had one scene that made fun of this exact thing?
Although I found that the older characters kind of balance it out... sometimes, definitely not all the time.
Sindri wrote:Another point to everybody though? Watch Farscape. Just watch it.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 EUMySHl4bjJweHcx_o_m-discord-yes-yes-a-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:47 pm

Stargate, Farscape, Starwars, Star Trek, it's all good in my eyes. My main beef with Star Trek is the non-sense-makery science at various points, but at least the technology looks cool.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Fri Feb 15, 2013 6:51 pm

Valikdu wrote:...one whose name is Sheppard, no less...
Purely a coincidence, I assure you. Applejack
...Yes, that. Remember how in SG-1's 200th episode, which was a parody of various film-making cliches, they had one scene that made fun of this exact thing?
Oh yes, I believe that's why every SG-1 fan laughed when they announced Universe. Unfortunately, the laughter stopped when the series began...
Sindri wrote:Another point to everybody though? Watch Farscape. Just watch it.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 31 EUMySHl4bjJweHcx_o_m-discord-yes-yes-a-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-
Farscape will always remain among my favorite shows and my favorite universes. So much lovely character development (you can pinpoint the exact moment when Crichton transitions from 'lost clueless earthling' to 'intergalactic badass' because he trades his jumpsuit for a longcoat, and the first time Aeryn is forced to swap in her pulse rifle for a chemistry kit is so adorable that I still squee at it), some of the best villains in recent memory, such a lovely universebuilding...

-------

https://cloudsville.rpg-board.net/viewtopic.forum?t=932
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 31 of 31 Previous  1 ... 17 ... 29, 30, 31