Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Sindri Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:07 am

WovenTales wrote:Heroes does eventually get better, but honestly, it's fanfic-good. If you just find it dull or somewhat poorly written, I'd say give it another try, but if you dislike it on a more integral level, there's not too much reason to return. It doesn't get that good. The way I see it, since FoE is on par with many published lit and PH is even better, we've been spoiled. Pleasantly so, but there's a reason it's so hard to find enjoyable FoE fics. Most of them are back with the rest of fanfiction.

Regarding MN7, I'd argue that that fic might possibly be better than PH at times. Murky's whining can get annoying in the first chapters, but he does stop that rather quickly. If it's the only thing keeping you from liking the story, stick in there and try to not let it bother you too much. The later (and actually all) chapters are worth it. Just know that it might not be best for squeamish readers. Sixty Minutes in Hell might have done the impossible and be worse than 33.

Anyone else here read Wings? How's his Sights, Sounds, Souls? Worth checking out?
Okay, sounds like I'll skip Heroes entirely. 90% of everything is shit, and in fanfic that shit is unfiltered, so 'above average' is not good enough to spent time reading, when that time could be spent on the top percent of it.

Meanwhile, yet another endorsement of MN7. If I'm lucky I'll find time to start that one this weekend. If I'm really lucky I'll spend it on chapter 54 of Horizons instead Sweetie Belle

I read Wings and found it quite decent and enjoyable though not incredible. Also it's short, and a different style and perspective than most FoE stories. Never heard of Sights, Sounds, Souls... might look into that eventually, but I have too many things to read already and too many things that aren't reading to chip away at that list very fast.

Valikdu wrote:
Sindri wrote:*a ton of TVTropes links*

You're insane!
Yeah, what else is new?
Personally I've built up a resistance to tvTropes by reading enough pages that I've already seen the other end of most links on any given page of it and thus am not compelled to follow them again into oblivion. And I clearly warned other readers about the trap, and thus cannot be held accountable for the five hours somebody just lost.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:03 am

So, it's about a day till the season finale.

Everyone should memorize the route to their nearest septic-hurricane shelter.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:08 am

Don't worry, I've built one in my lead-lined refrigerator
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:33 am

Mine's called "Being Asleep Because I've Been Up For... Enough Hours That Basic Arithmetic Fails Me, And Anticipate Being Up For Even More Yet."

I gots work ta do. Fortunately, caffeine is my poison of choice and it keeps me coherent, only I haven't had any in a few hours and it may be starting to show. My head feels weirdly light and I keep mistaking my bangs for small, unpleasant animals out of the corners of my eyes. So, yes, point is, I shall sleep through septic hurricanes. (Also, gross and immature comedy story idea: pegasus accidentally makes a shitstorm, literally.)

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Feb 15, 2013 10:37 am

Valikdu wrote:Meanwhile in Russia...

For those who can't read Russian/didn't look into the actual video page/don't know what the fuck is going on: http://jalopnik.com/russian-dashcams-capture-shocking-meteorite-strike-211048683

Also, Valikdu, is there any truth to this?: http://jalopnik.com/why-russians-are-obsessed-with-dash-cams-5918159
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:44 pm

O.HINDS... HALP!
WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!?!

I'VE... I'VE...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 2013-02-15_00001
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:46 pm

Kippershy wrote:O.HINDS... HALP!
WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!?!

I'VE... I'VE...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 2013-02-15_00001

My expert analysis is that you've been playing something known as a "Video Game". They're quite common, or so I'm told
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:53 pm

You wouldn't understand, Frost. Let me spell it out for you.

Minimus is a moon. A small moon, in fact, the smallest of the lot - but a moon all the same.
The purple line represents Minimus' orbit.
The blue line represents my newest space probes orbit.
There's an object in the middle of the circle Minimus orbits...

...that is one of my old shuttles.

...I have broken Minimus and made it orbit my shuttle.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:55 pm

The solution here is obvious: hollow out Minimus and turn it into a Death Star than actually can pass for a moon
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Feb 15, 2013 12:57 pm

Mother of Gagarin...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:05 pm

Unfortunately, that's not an option. This game hasn't got any of that, you just launch shuttles into space and do whatever.
I've been trying to make a space station for forever, but my ability to make a shuttle orbit around Kerbin (the main planet) is... lacking.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:08 pm

Can you find primitive cultures and set yourself up as a Space God?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:14 pm

Nope, sorry.
You can land on a moon/planet and jetpack around though.
And with mods, you can make tanks/helicopters/rail guns.

Oh, you CAN make space-planes though.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:21 pm

Kippershy wrote:Nope, sorry.
You can land on a moon/planet and jetpack around though.
And with mods, you can make tanks/helicopters/rail guns.

Oh, you CAN make space-planes though.

Can you make alliances with an intergalactic federation, then betray them and take over to rule as Space Emperor Caesar Jesus Frost?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:37 pm

Kippershy wrote:O.HINDS... HALP!
WHAT HAVE I DONE!?!?!?!

I'VE... I'VE...

...Huh. That's... quite a thing. Well, we already knew that Minmus was weird...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm

I borked the game. lol
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Feb 15, 2013 2:22 pm

how 'complete' is KSP? because the website still says it's in alpha, any major game breaking bugs you've encountered?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:05 pm

Nothing game breaking. This is an utter anomaly which has never happened before in my experience.

The worst you tend to get is a little bit of strange physics happening if you don't build it too well, but definitely nothing that causes a real issue.

You just gotta build your ship securely.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:07 pm

okay, looks fun, is it worth buying a copy?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:11 pm

Want my key so you can have it for free?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:12 pm

Kippershy wrote:Want my key so you can have it for free?
sure, why not, is it PC only?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:16 pm

Yeah, PC only.

Grunge-till-the-end@hotmail.com
)5o%uj,E

Put that into the username/password on the login section of the site, click this and it should allow you to download it.
http://kerbalspaceprogram.com/kspstore/productdl.php
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:15 pm

...I'd watch THIS episode of Stargate:

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 30 Equestria_girls_trixie_by_pixelkitties-d5urrz6

*eye glow* ALL TAU'RI WILL BOW TO THE GREAT AND POWERFUL TRIXIE!

Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Valikdu wrote:...I'd watch THIS episode of Stargate:
*snip*
how good is Stargate? I've heard about it and it's basic premise, but how does it stack up to say Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:48 pm

Stargate SG1 (both film and TV series) is fucking GODLY.
Stargate Atlantis never caught my eye too much, but people say that was as good in it's own right too.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:55 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Valikdu wrote:...I'd watch THIS episode of Stargate:
*snip*
how good is Stargate? I've heard about it and it's basic premise, but how does it stack up to say Battlestar Galactica and Star Trek?
'
I liked it more than both of them, so yeah! It's got alot of really cool concepts and tons of really awesome characters.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:06 pm

I meant to watch a few episodes at some point, but, once more, the Squirrels came.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:08 pm

And then there's Universe, which didn't really hit its stride before being screwed by the financial crisis. Although there are multiple good episodes there too.

Or let me rephrase that: it DID, but that was in the second part of S2, after the cancellation announcement.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:12 pm

So - question.
Did anyone else book a printing of FoE on the second printing?
I remember they estimated the pricing estimates to be back on the 14th, anyone received any news/email regarding that?

I'd sincerely hate to lose my order because it's fallen victim to my spam folder or some shit, like the initial emails were originally routed to.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:36 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:Stargate SG1 (both film and TV series) is fucking GODLY.
Stargate Atlantis never caught my eye too much, but people say that was as good in it's own right too.
...but not AS good.
It's kinda hard to explain, but the characters are cartoon-y.
Their techno-babble isn't as good, too. They also break rules made in SG1.
...it's been years since I watched the show, so I'm having a hard time thinking of examples.

And Valikdu, are there episodes of stargate (at least SG1) you WOULDN'T watch? :P

Exactly why it never grew on me. No-one can take the place of the original SG1 crew, they were simply balla. O'Neil... yeah.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 30 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 29, 30, 31  Next