Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:03 pm

@Harmony
Spoiler:

swicked wrote:Kipper actually introduced me to the "worst" video I've seen on the internet.

Three guys one hammer. Essentially a video of three guys torturing and killing a fourth.

It's not really a "weird" as dead seal humping or cutting a pig in half, though.
THAT one is real, and it was VERY hard to watch. Too hard for me; I didn't really want to watch it in the first place, so I stopped very early on.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:06 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Also, Camo, if you don't mind, I've been following along with The Kingdom and I've got an idea, if you'd like to hear it.

for camo's eyes only:
Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:18 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Also, Camo, if you don't mind, I've been following along with The Kingdom and I've got an idea, if you'd like to hear it.

for camo's eyes only:
Spoiler:

I'm a frayed knot.

That's just a general idea. I think it'd be really cool. As for the perk/trait thing, what can I say, I've had hand-to-hand on the brain the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to Combatitives come Basic, no matter how much I'm going to get the shit kicked out of me.

speaking of which:
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:28 pm

Mister Frost wrote:

That's just a general idea. I think it'd be really cool. As for the perk/trait thing, what can I say, I've had hand-to-hand on the brain the last few weeks. I'm looking forward to Combatitives come Basic, no matter how much I'm going to get the shit kicked out of me.

speaking of which:
Sure do!
Spoiler:
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:32 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:

speaking of which:
Sure do!
Spoiler:

Thanks! As I mentioned, I'm planning on Infantry. You were a Combat Medic, yes?

After the Army (yes, I'm actually planning seven years ahead) I'm planning on Police or Security (not Blackjack. Maybe Blackjack.) though I'm good with any job, really. As long as I can afford Internet, guns, and chowder (and the free time to enjoy them) I'll be a happy man.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:38 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Thanks! As I mentioned, I'm planning on Infantry. You were a Combat Medic, yes?

After the Army (yes, I'm actually planning seven years ahead) I'm planning on Police or Security (not Blackjack. Maybe Blackjack.) though I'm good with any job, really. As long as I can afford Internet, guns, and chowder (and the free time to enjoy them) I'll be a happy man.
No problem, and good work on choosing best line of duty. Infantry is so much better than Artillery or Cavalry (especially Cav... just don't tell my grandpa, other grandpa, uncle and 2 cousins I said that).
And yup, still am. Love my job.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:40 pm

There's a guy that lives down my street who was a Combat Engineer with the 101st. He's a really cool guy to talk to, actually.

Anywho, that was my idea for The Kingdom. I thought I'd share
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:50 pm

My family is completely against me going into the service, especially my grandfather, a demolition expert from the Korean war era I think. Said something about having to be too aggressive. I think I'll still enlist because college scares me.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Feb 01, 2013 11:55 pm

Ironmonger wrote:My family is completely against me going into the service, especially my grandfather, a demolition expert from the Korean war era I think. Said something about having to be too aggressive. I think I'll still enlist because college scares me.
College sucks.

If you do the military, do a deployment and when you get home jump into school. I know I just said it sucks, but just accept that without a degree nobody will fucking hire anymore because real-world experience apparently doesn't matter. Besides, the military will pay for it after you deploy, pay for your books, AND pay you for rent each month (even if you don't pay rent Spike )

Also: NEVER VOLUNTEER TO DEPLOY. I swear to god I'm on somebody's list now, because any time a new deployment comes up in CO I get a phonecall asking if I can go.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:05 am

I wasn't aware "asking" was in any logistical unit's vocabulary.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:08 am

That's pretty much the same argument I made to my family. Yeah, it's gonna be difficult at times but it will help set things up for me later. I'll hopefully be working with Frost afterwards.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:09 am

Mister Frost wrote:I wasn't aware "asking" was in any logistical unit's vocabulary.
It's more of a polite suggestion.
"Hey, X unit is deploying this May. They have an open medic slot, and your skills will be a great asset to us. Your reviews are all fantastic, and I know we will greatly benefit from your assistance on this mission. Do you need time to talk with your family before making your decision, or can I count you in?"
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:11 am

Or, in the case of last time I was 'asked' to deploy... I answered the phone one day:

"Hey, how's it goin'?"

"Goin' great, how're you man?"

"I'm great. Just looking over your deployment packet. I didn't know you were going with X unit this year."

"You didn't? That's interesting, because I didn't know I was either!"

"Oh? Well you are."

Thank god the mission got cancelled.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:14 am

Oh, I can get around that. It'll mostly involve making them not even want me anymore

Officer: "Hey, we're about to deploy, you in?"
Me: "Will there be fighting?"
Officer: "It's likely, but-"
Me: "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD"
Officer: *hangs up*
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:14 am

Camo, what are you in college for?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:14 am

CamoBadger wrote:Or, in the case of last time I was 'asked' to deploy... I answered the phone one day:

"Hey, how's it goin'?"

"Goin' great, how're you man?"

"I'm great. Just looking over your deployment packet. I didn't know you were going with X unit this year."

"You didn't? That's interesting, because I didn't know I was either!"

"Oh? Well you are."

Thank god the mission got cancelled.
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 17 Do_not_want_massimo_does_not_want_poster-r993794996bf747a5afeaeec480a47b8a_tvw_400

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:15 am

Ketchup wrote:Camo, what are you in college for?
Nursing
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:16 am

CamoBadger wrote:
Ketchup wrote:Camo, what are you in college for?
Nursing
I actually have a friend who is going to university for nursing. Neat.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:18 am

In all seriousness, when you mention "Deployments" are you talking the whole two-years-in-a-sandbox thing? Or "only" a few months?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:24 am

@Frost: The army doesn't do 2 years anymore. That wastes too much money because they have to give you vacation. Instead, they deploy you for 9 months without any time off. Then after you've been home for 2 or 3 months you'll get a call about another deployment and be 'asked' to go along. Welcome to the chain.

That doesn't apply to if you get put in my wonderful deployment as a Combat Advisor: You get to spend around 1 year away from home without vacation despite what the military regulation says, because there aren't enough of you to rotate onto leave.

Those are real deployments.

If you ever hear somebody say "I went to Kuwait for a 2 month deployment", punch them in the mouth and tell them to shut up. That's a mandatory vacation.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:40 am

@Camo: So it's kind of a 9-10 months on, 2-3 months off sort of thing, correct?

Also, does anyone here have any experience with martial arts such as Krav Maga? I'd be really interested in taking classes somewhere
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:50 am

Mister Frost wrote:@Camo: So it's kind of a 9-10 months on, 2-3 months off sort of thing, correct?
This is a very common theme now with the shortened deployments, yes.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:54 am

Thanks for all the help and info, Camo.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 12:56 am

No problem.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:03 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Also, does anyone here have any experience with martial arts such as Krav Maga? I'd be really interested in taking classes somewhere
I've taken Tae Kwon Do, but that was a long while back.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:08 am

swicked wrote:Kipper actually introduced me to the "worst" video I've seen on the internet.

Three guys one hammer. Essentially a video of three guys torturing and killing a fourth.

It's not really a "weird" as dead seal humping or cutting a pig in half, though.

I... I don't know what to say.
I'm glad I could share that with you though. xD
I honestly don't remember that.

Oh lawdy, the things I do.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:10 am

Mister Frost wrote:
Sorry, I missed this.

I deployed with a guy that used to be an instructor for Krav Maga. The classes are... interesting. They don't really work on 'skills' like other martial arts. They basically put you in a scenario and say fight your way out.

Normally not win-win situations either. I think one is where they tell you to turn around, and as soon as you do there are 3 guys running at you and you have to somehow win the fight.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:18 am

From what I've come to understand, it emphasizes efficiency, utilization of anything and everything at your disposal, and disarming and incapacitating (probably not actually killing, but it's a possibility for high-level) your opponent.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:22 am

Mister Frost wrote:From what I've come to understand, it emphasizes efficiency, utilization of anything and everything at your disposal, and disarming and incapacitating (probably not actually killing, but it's a possibility for high-level) your opponent.
Actually, it's different in that way; it was created specifically to either kill or brutally maim if you can't kill them.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 02, 2013 1:24 am

That's what I was thinking, to be honest. I just didn't want to overstate, so I erred on the side of understatement.

Anyway, I know I've mentioned several times my passion for guns, gun-like things, and anything having vaguely to do with firearms. However, I think we should all take a moment in appreciation for the underrated, hard-working bits of metal that let you eviscerate people as you stare into their eyes.
Karambit, Kukri, Tanto:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 17 of 31 Previous  1 ... 10 ... 16, 17, 18 ... 24 ... 31  Next