Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:04 pm

swicked wrote:You've never heard of a network canceling a show mid-production?
Just cause someone else does it doesn't mean it's legal. What I am getting at can be best described with a analogy. I could pickpocket someone and not get arrested, does that mean it's not illegal?

Also studio B isn't owned by hasbro itself, it is owned by dhx media. If the studio was solely owned by hasbro then they could do it.

Also with how many people work or for dhx media if hasbro did try and blacklist them they would blacklist so many people in the industry you would have more luck trying to blacklist anyone that's worked for walmart from your company.

It's not impossible, it's just highly improbable. Right now I could get killed by a toilet from a old satellite re-entering earth's atmosphere and hitting my house. Will it happen? Probably not.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 09, 2013 3:56 pm

Valikdu wrote:Okay, now I need to seek out that picture Mech drew, that depicts Blackjack tearing apart the Thunderhead squad, and add a "RIP AND TEAR! RIP AND TEAR YOUR GUTS!!!" bubble somewhere.
Every. single. sentences.

of that comic are unforgettable quotes. Seriously. That thing is pure genius, and the dramatic reading of it is... beyond words :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8yc5bnOrSc
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:02 pm

It could be that the claims they make could be bypassed, but the little people they target don't have enough money to pour into the legal crap to get that far.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:07 pm

RE : "Rip and tear" : http://mech-station.tumblr.com/post/21486022858/part-1-of-a-project-and-self-imposed-challenge-i

And holy shit, it seems that chapter was already 9 month ago ??! HOLY CRAP !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:22 pm

swicked wrote:...see, the thing is, Hasbro is a big corporation.
I'm not saying that the law doesn't apply to them, but the law is flexible, and particularly so for those with a lot of money and legal teams.
They could work something out. They could have the people working move to other projects. Negotiations could be held and contracts can be rewritten.

I really, REALLY don't think they'd just go to the studio and say "Stop working on this." It'd be much more complicated than that, but the end result would still be the same.

And there's GOT to be an out for them. No corporation ever paints themselves into a rampantly unprofitable corner.
My point is just cause a corporation is large doesn't mean the they can twist and flex the law to their choice. Whenever a business breaks the law they have to be subtle about it. They can't just walk into the street and go, "hey everyone I'm committing <insert crime here> and you can't stop me!" and begin throwing out evidence onto the street going, "you can't touch me you can't touch me".

Let's take what I'm getting away from big business to demonstrate what I am getting at. Imagine if someone committed murder. Now imagine if they went into the street announcing they committed murder and began throwing human limbs at people going, "you can't touch me you can't touch me".
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:41 pm

swicked wrote:While that is a hilarious dramatization, it is entirely irrelevant to what we are talking about.
The reason why businesses are able to get away with crime is they know better than to announce it to the world and do it out in the open. Trying to scrap their legally binding contract on the scale of 1 to 10 on the "would draw the attention of the justice system" scoring system would be about a 11. If hasbro really wanted to kill the show it would be more subtle means through which you are suggesting. . . OR they could simply not pay for a season 5.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:47 pm

Not related to any current discussion, but as one of my ways to procrastinate I spend a lot of time in a game of "galactic conquest", which has a big emphasis on Roleplay, and, well, sometimes I like to remind people of the ugly face of war...

Galaxy News Network

!!! Newsflash !!!

Galactic Capital liberated ! End of the nightmare or start of a new one ?

Unbelievable collateral damages

The public opinions of the galaxy are still in a state of shock today after the operations undertaken by the United Worlds Federation to regain control of the Galactic Capital.

Two distinct operations had been launched to retake the planet : a lightning military strike, aiming the planet's strategic military targets ; and a diplomatic mission.

Almost twelve million elite soldiers of the Federation had been mobilized for the occasion, ready to sacrifice their life (and their enemies') so that the Federation would come out victorious of the fight which would be theirs.

But at the same time, more than forty thousand diplomatic vessels, carrying the argument of more than thirty orbital atomic siege platforms, had received the mission to subvert control of the planet from its political elites.

These two operations, held jointly and in parallel, were aimed at ensuring the United Worlds Federation's supremacy in the fight for the Capital.

Unfortunately, the extensive planetary defenses of the Capital, forcing the besiegers to rely heavily on the use of weapons of mass destruction, revealed to be its own worst enemy.

When the United Worlds Federation transferred control of the Capital to the fool who would crown himself as Galactic Emperor, its population was superior to forty three billion people. As its soldiers finished taking back the planet from the planetary defense forces, this number was estimated to be forty billion.

A few hours ago, as the orbital atomic siege platform finished their operations, this number had dropped to thirty two billion.

More than eleven billion dead

The madness of a man, and the radical methods of the Federation are thus responsible for the death of more than eleven billion individuals, almost a fourth of the planet's population.

Preliminary reports indicate a shell-shocked population, and streets full of haggard and disoriented people. We will give you more informations when our teams will be on site.

This was Galaxy News Network, giving you the Truth even when it hurts.

Note : I am the one who play the United Worlds Federation. And no, it isn't inspired from Star Trek. If anything, it hold more in common with a mix of the book and movie version of Starship Troopers.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Feb 09, 2013 4:47 pm

I always knew the spehc mahreens were not to be trusted.

Insert joke about chaos vs. order here. =P

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:16 pm

Hasbro isn't in the wrong with regards to Fighting is Magic. It's one of those copyright things where it's either a) let the game be released or b) lose control of their entire ip. Fighting is Magic was getting to be A Big Deal and the concept of it is completely counter to what Hasbro's strategic intent of MLP is. Simply put, a fighting game does not appeal to the toy series for little girls that it's designed to be. As it stood, it degrades the IP from Hasbro's perspective. It's one of the troubles of the G4 attracting two separate diametrically opposed audiences. Yeah, it sucks but whadda ya gonna do? EqD whining about it being the WORST.POSSIBLE.THING. isn't helping either.

IMO, the Fighting is Magic team also made a big mistake by trying to get so much coverage before an actual product was released. If EqD didn't constantly pimp the hell out of it, they may have been able to get a functional copy shipped before getting targeted. I mean, advertising it is a necessary evil but pretty much everyone was talking about it.

That said, Lauren Faust reaching out to the team is awesome. Hopefully the team's morale isn't dead.

Also Double Rainboom got permission, it being a school project.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:34 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Hasbro isn't in the wrong with regards to Fighting is Magic. It's one of those copyright things where it's either a) let the game be released or b) lose control of their entire ip. Fighting is Magic was getting to be A Big Deal and the concept of it is completely counter to what Hasbro's strategic intent of MLP is. Simply put, a fighting game does not appeal to the toy series for little girls that it's designed to be. As it stood, it degrades the IP from Hasbro's perspective. It's one of the troubles of the G4 attracting two separate diametrically opposed audiences. Yeah, it sucks but whadda ya gonna do? EqD whining about it being the WORST.POSSIBLE.THING. isn't helping either.

IMO, the Fighting is Magic team also made a big mistake by trying to get so much coverage before an actual product was released. If EqD didn't constantly pimp the hell out of it, they may have been able to get a functional copy shipped before getting targeted. I mean, advertising it is a necessary evil but pretty much everyone was talking about it.

That said, Lauren Faust reaching out to the team is awesome. Hopefully the team's morale isn't dead.

Also Double Rainboom got permission, it being a school project.
However fighting is magic had already gotten permission from hasbro. IF a game doesn't ask for permission then yes it has a problem with trademark laws, but fighting is magic had already gotten the go ahead. When it comes to trademark laws fan projects or such can get the go ahead if they fall under fair use or have permission from those that hold the trademark. Fighting is magic already falls under fair use, due to it being a fan game and not for profit, and they had gotten permission from the trademark holders.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:40 pm

I understand with regards to fair use but I had no idea they actually got permission. Some said they hadn't, which is the differentiation between this and Double Rainboom. Hmm.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:50 pm

swicked wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:However fighting is magic had already gotten permission from hasbro.
...source, please.
Because, if that's true, and they never deviated from their original intent and project design (and they haven't) this CAD should not exist.
It was like waaaaaayyyyy back, like months ago when it first started. I could eventually find it, but this is going to take some time. Hasbro knew about the game early on cause the team asked hasbro if it was okay and hasbro went meh whatever as long as you aren't making money off it.

That's why I'm annoyed about it cause this is a massive slap to the face for the fandom, cause it means just cause you ask for permission doesn't mean you won't get shut down.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Feb 09, 2013 5:54 pm

Hmm, if that's the case it could be that it conflicts with the Gameloft game that exists now that presumably required a large exchange of funds.

At least that would be the outcome if this went to court in an alternate universe where the developers actually tried to legally appeal this. I def could see Hasbro giving an OK to some kids before the thought of a revenue producing G4 game existed.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:07 pm

Caoimhe wrote:I def could see Hasbro giving an OK to some kids before the thought of a revenue producing G4 game existed.
That's probably what happened. Hasbro didn't think they could make money off a video game, then the gameloft game came out.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:43 pm

So I just got back from a birthday party for my uncle, and it served to remind me why I usually avoid actually spending time with my family.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:45 am

@Swicked
As a fellow lover of the new Who, I gotta admit... unless this latest season starts doing better, I am not gonna be a happy camper. I could take 6 in a shut-off-brain mode reasonably well, and the weird... I guess 6.5 season stuff? IMDB calls it 7, whatever... was semi okay, and even occasionally good - it had its moments. But compared to some of the other seasons, it's just painful. I almost feel like the show's become a victim of its own budget and expectations, y'know? Moffat needs to tone down the bloody conspiracies and inject some more humanity into the show. The CGI and effects have never been better (they're even sometimes "good enough"), but as much as I hated the atrocious use of CGI in some of the early seasons, it at least gave them an incentive to not be explosively grandiose for no reason.

Mind you, the old helmsman for the show was even worse with that sort of thing by the end, so it's sort of an improvement. All just my opinion, of course.

Bottom line is that I'm in the boat with you, albeit further along in the show. Hoping the seventh season/series will return to form soon.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:04 am

"I have a name now. Names are cool."

=P You made me laugh!

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 10, 2013 1:23 pm

To quote my friend Darren:

"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:08 pm

Mister Frost wrote:To quote my friend Darren:

"I'm scared to break up with her, though. Her dad's an ex-marine; if I make her cry he'll club me over the head with a pillowcase full of doorknobs and Tom Clancy novels."
I lol'd. Hard. That's going in my sig.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:57 pm

Also, I just got done with the inaugural range run of my AR. The experience has simply galvanized my anticipation for my future employment in the U.S. Army.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 10, 2013 3:58 pm

If you love big guns, go Artillery. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:01 pm

I'm more of a small arms guy myself
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:22 pm

Come on, who wouldn't want to be the one firing these babies ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:27 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Come on, who wouldn't want to be the one firing these babies ?

My Cousin Bobby was an Airborne mortarman, he was still technically infantry
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 10, 2013 4:54 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Come on, who wouldn't want to be the one firing these babies ?

My Cousin Bobby was an Airborne mortarman, he was still technically infantry
This gave strange yet hilarious mental images at first.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:15 pm

I'm happy that in yesterday's episode we finally got to see Scoots' mother.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:16 pm

Where ? When ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:17 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 ELWVHw7

Sweetie Belle
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:31 pm

How

Anyway, I think some people here may like the playlist I just found : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF086CAAB8DA1CACB

"Weapons of Victory", short (12 minutes-ish) documentaries on Soviet weaponry of WW2.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Feb 10, 2013 5:33 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote: How

Anyway, I think some people here may like the playlist I just found : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLF086CAAB8DA1CACB

"Weapons of Victory", short (12 minutes-ish) documentaries on Soviet weaponry of WW2.
*Squee*

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 31 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 27 ... 31  Next