Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+23
Karasu
Downloaded Skill
XT Vengeance
Quotidian
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
O. Hinds
CannonFodder
IncoherentOrange
Meleagridis
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Frost
Ketchup
Kippershy
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Caoimhe
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Admiral Stoic Rum
iLateralGX
Cptadder
27 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:10 pm

Swicked, you're American. You really can't compare American driving tests to European driving tests, nor can you even compare a British driving test to a French one.

As well as that, you've got to remember that it's not just the test itself, but also the instructors discretion and in the UK at least, how many people have passed that day and how many more are required (or over by).
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:31 pm

Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:41 pm

Not a fan of tattoos, myself.

That's quite neat, though.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks dude. I know tattoo's aren't for everyone and that's cool, I'm glad you can appreciate it to some extent at least =P
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 25, 2013 3:52 pm

Horny Shit, dude. That's.. I honestly lack word.

Anyway Swicked, to answer your question :

- The tests in France ARE harder than in the US as far as I know.
- I have some personal issues which contributed to worsening the situation.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:02 pm

@Swicked
Ah, sorry for the misunderstanding then. Didn't mean to sound like I was trying to correct you of some great mistake or anything, if I came across like that - was just saying.

Yeah, driving tests are definitely different depending on which company you go with, which instructor you get, where you're trying to pass the test in terms of locality (city a v city b v town c) and like mentioned, they usually have some quota to hit and try to edge people up or down depending on how the quota has gone thus far.

Kind've a douche move if you ask me, only rewards bad drivers who wouldn't otherwise make the grade (not intending to mean you, Frenchie ((<3)) while punishing good drivers for simply trying out later in the day.)

@Frenchie (hehehe, I love calling French people that, sorry.)
Positive or negative?
I'll assume positive for now.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:07 pm

Now now Kipper, no need to be mean about inviting us over here to see your tattoo. It's very cool though.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:11 pm

Wait, how the hell am I being mean?
Ohshi-

I forgot you lot don't understand 4chan humour.

Ignore me whenever I call someone a fag, I really don't mean it the way you think I do.
On 4chan, EVEYTHING is prefix-fag

Op is a fag (original poster)
gayfags
drawfags
ponyfags
writerfags
anonfags
scriptfags

you name it, it's a fag.
It's not me being mean, it's me doing what I'm used to.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:17 pm

That's a very nice tattoo Kipper. I remember you started talking about it back when we were still on EQD.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:20 pm

Thanks Last, and yeah. I've wanted this for so long but always had anxiety issues, time issues or money issues.
Now I've just been paid and since I have the money, my PC is up to a very acceptable standard and my depression isn't around any longer, it's a lot easier to kick the shit out of my anxiety issues.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:34 pm

Kippershy wrote:@Frenchie (hehehe, I love calling French people that, sorry.)
Positive or negative?
I'll assume positive for now.
I suppose you're talking about the tattoo ?

I cannot give a satisfactory answer to that question. For a simple reason : for me tattoos represent something intimate to the wearer, some kind of personal totem, with a very special meaning to them. And indeed it is the case for you. To give a bad opinion of it, I would be more or less (in)directly insulting you in a very intimate manner.

So my personal tastes do not matter. The only thing that really matter is that you feel, and will continue to feel in the future that this tattoo IS an integral part of you, that it hold and continue to hold a real meaning to you [1].

But you asked for my opinion, and thus I have no choice but to be honest. Please do not take it wrong and do not, DO NOT allow any anxiety issue to come up from it as it is only my own personal sense of aesthetic talking, nothing else, and I'm just a random stranger from the internet :

I'd need to see it once the flesh will have healed and you took a picture of it with a real camera to give a definitive opinion, but so far, if I like the general idea, I'm not sure I'm a fan of the execution. I'll have to withold judgment until I can see it better and in more details.

[1] : joke => "lol, real life cutie mark" :v
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:39 pm

Hah, that's more than acceptable. At least you're mature about it and you have a very good point.
I unfortunately don't own a proper camera any more, unless you count my years old analogue film SLR camera which I haven't used in years and haven't been able to find anywhere to buy or develop film for in just as long (as sad as that is.)

Thanks for being honest. I don't really need approval and I know I don't seeing as what matters most is what it means to me, especially seeing as it isn't a random tattoo from a book, but it's always nice to hear if people do like it and you gotta accept not everyone will.

Still, I'll take another pic once it's all healed, try to do it the best I can with what I've got.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:49 pm

Maybe you could ask a friend who own a camera to take a few shots of it ?

I mean, not only someone else taking the shots will probably increase the quality of the pics, it's also important to have properly recorded souvenirs of the time you got that tattoo. :D
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm

True dat, true dat for sure!
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:20 pm

Yes, Four Ridges. You were also technically correct in calling them 'The Four' as that's what they're known by in Stable 58, at the very least.
(The Four being a reference to the fact that they're the four villages in its direct influence / minor control.)

I am very much considering something like that, yes. I haven't come up with any flags as of yet however so I don't know what I'd do, though today while I was talking to the artist I did offer him something interesting:

If he wants to, he can design something to his particular style (because he likes gothic-y stuff) to go around a caption from Broken Bonds.

Mercy comes cheap, when you seek the executioner.

If I don't go for flags, the alternative would be to mix Crimson and Cherry's cutie marks together.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:55 pm

Tats are the best and worst addiction because you get your first and the next thing you know you have a sleeve. Ink just keeps a spreadin!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 5:59 pm

Yeah, I was talking to the artist about that during the process. Upon realising that it really doesn't hurt (not even enough for a tiny wince) I've realised I could totally handle more tattoos. The one thing is I wouldn't get them simply because I want another and nothing more, like I know a lot of people do (one guy having flames up his leg because... well, I don't even know...) though I could totally go for things that mean a lot to me.

Like that quote from my story - I could totally have that across my back without regretting it because that means something to me.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Fri Jan 25, 2013 6:04 pm

A story set in the flesh, for all to see.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:01 pm

Just checking: did my railway stuff get overlooked amidst the tattoos and automobile licenses (Congratulations to you both, by the way!), or is it another of those things I post about that make people's eyes glaze over until they're past?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:26 pm

Personally, it makes my eyes glaze over because I don't have intimate knowledge of any of that.
My eyes would glaze over anyway because I like to singly unwind and relax rather than over think most things anyway.

...That makes me sound so fucking stupid, but I swear I'm not.
I just don't see the need to objectively analyse everything is all, personally.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:29 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Just checking: did my railway stuff get overlooked amidst the tattoos and automobile licenses (Congratulations to you both, by the way!), or is it another of those things I post about that make people's eyes glaze over until they're past?
I'm not particularly interested in trains, I'm afraid.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:33 pm

I think over everything when I get a chance or a clear mind but I'm afraid I can't help either.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Fri Jan 25, 2013 10:57 pm

Things I'm passionate about, sure. Just as I'm sure you're passionate about this, Hinds.
Unfortunately, like mentioned, this doesn't interest me enough to really try to understand it in the depth needed to converse about it.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Kippershy wrote:Things I'm passionate about, sure. Just as I'm sure you're passionate about this, Hinds.
Unfortunately, like mentioned, this doesn't interest me enough to really try to understand it in the depth needed to converse about it.
Oh, quite understandable. There are many people extremely enthusiastic about sports. Me? "Okay, so when the batsman throws the discus past the goalie to the catcher, it's called a touchdown if the cavalry's gotten the badminton within a yard of the basket? ...Well you have fun with that! I'm going to go back to watching videos of steam locomotives and experimental Cold War aeroplanes on YouTube."
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:20 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...experimental Cold War aeroplanes on YouTube."
Tell me more. Sweetie Belle
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:14 am

O. Hinds wrote:
I'm going to go back to watching videos of steam locomotives and experimental Cold War aeroplanes on YouTube."
Have you figured out how well a Zebra pressure suit would offset G-forces compared to human efforts during the Cold war yet?
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 am

Ketchup wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:...experimental Cold War aeroplanes on YouTube."
Tell me more. Sweetie Belle
Well, for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJN2sISvdHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuFC9aS7Rvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtfpS0EDiUM

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
I'm going to go back to watching videos of steam locomotives and experimental Cold War aeroplanes on YouTube."
Have you figured out how well a Zebra pressure suit would offset G-forces compared to human efforts during the Cold war yet?
The main problem isn't the g-suit; that, I think, can use the same systems. The main problem is the seat; a good fighter pilot seat is much easier to design for humanoids than for equinoids (though perhaps that's just due to familiarity). A friend and I decided on a "tronbike"-ish seat.

However, zebras might actually have an advantage over humans here: prone piloting positions were evaluated back in the 1950s due to giving human pilots higher g tolerance. They were eventually discarded mostly, it seems, due to field-of-view problems, it doing one no good to have the ability to turn out of an enemy's field of fire if you don't even know that the enemy's there. Due to the different neck structures, zebras likely wouldn't have that problem nearly as much, and in any case there's not much better available to them. On the other hand, the different neck structure might remove some of the extra g tolerance that the prone position gives humans... It's a complex issue.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:40 am

O. Hinds wrote:
Well, for instance:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJN2sISvdHw
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MuFC9aS7Rvk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtfpS0EDiUM
Thanks. I'll probably watch them when I've got time to pass.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:57 am

I know how you feel, Hinds. I couldn't care less about sports, and as far as cars go, I'm fairly certain that a great number of them feature engines of some sort. You get me started on guns or knives though, you better grab a fuckin' seat.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:58 am

O. Hinds wrote:

Cptadder wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
The main problem isn't the g-suit; that, I think, can use the same systems. The main problem is the seat; a good fighter pilot seat is much easier to design for humanoids than for equinoids (though perhaps that's just due to familiarity). A friend and I decided on a "tronbike"-ish seat.

However, zebras might actually have an advantage over humans here: prone piloting positions were evaluated back in the 1950s due to giving human pilots higher g tolerance. They were eventually discarded mostly, it seems, due to field-of-view problems, it doing one no good to have the ability to turn out of an enemy's field of fire if you don't even know that the enemy's there. Due to the different neck structures, zebras likely wouldn't have that problem nearly as much, and in any case there's not much better available to them. On the other hand, the different neck structure might remove some of the extra g tolerance that the prone position gives humans... It's a complex issue.
See this is why I like you O.Hinds, someone else would take that question as a joke. But you know it's serious and you have already put the thought into the situation.

Prone makes sense to me, I imagine zebras climbing down into the cockpit from the front backwards. As in a nose ladder they climb up, turn around and back in then settle into groves. Hooves in boots that let them control some combination of the Ailerons, Elevators and Rudder. Maybe a tail control or two but I don't see it. Mouth is free for a bite down flight stick combination weapons. Like mouth pistols scaled up but tied to the main weapons.

Lucky zebras don't have to bother with space suits because trying to fly without mouth controls makes masks tricky.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next