Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

KSP General + community project

+8
Ketchup
hawkeye92
Vergil
Harmony Ltd.
Cptadder
Moodyman90
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
12 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

KSP General + community project  - Page 4 Empty Re: KSP General + community project

Post by Kippershy Thu Oct 17, 2013 3:00 am

Don't be sorry, I just become douchey when I'm tired.
What I meant to say now I can think properly is that I don't mean to act like 'oh ho ho, you're all crap and I'm god' but rather 'yeah, you're finding it hard now but once you've got experience you'll find that this is pretty easy'
It's not a matter of trying to be superior but simply having that much more experience that like I say, it's become something I know how to do because I've done it so many times before.

To put it into perspective, I've played for 263 hours recorded time through Steam. I've also had the game for quite some time before they updated to steam and put in many hours at that stage as well.
Which is to say I've likely played the game for over 300 hours at least.

So yeah, I'm sorry for being a douche, I just have poor judgement when I'm tired.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

KSP General + community project  - Page 4 Empty Re: KSP General + community project

Post by Ketchup Sat Oct 19, 2013 2:44 am

Made another swing at Duna. Wasn't careful with time compression and came in too fast and too steep. Had a much harder time setting a course for Duna this time around, and putting my ship together to work with the latest patch, which made it come apart at the seams every time I tried to launch it. I did add a 1.5 t rover too, but compared to the ship it's a paperclip.
I know I can do it with the craft, just need to start the reverse burn earlier. Getting a course when the timing isn't right is problematic too, though workable.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Oct 19, 2013 3:01 pm

I am damn annoyed. They must have fucking updated the game without changing stuff properly because I've just found I'm getting a LOT less science than my things tell me.
I'm not transmitting the science I'm on about either. I'm recovering it.
Yet I don't get the full whack.

Why does this annoy me?
4x 400science points = 125 each or something
1x 75 science points = 19
U FUCKING WOT M8
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Oct 28, 2013 7:35 pm

I've been having some fun with career mode. I managed to get a kerbal to Minmus and back but failed miserably at bringing one back from Mun.

Exhausting almost everything within my grasp for science sources, aside from data on several biomes on Kerbin and Mun as well as a return from Mun, I decided to do a Kerbol orbit mission, which was surprisingly worth a lot.
The next mission was a surface probe intended for Duna, but I landed it on Eve instead. Got something like 1600 science for that data. I have learned that the idea of 'more X' applies well to parachutes.
The bugged instruments are kind of annoying, but there is a bit of value to squeezing stuff from them.

I can't seem to get things to Duna intact. Something always goes wrong. One time all the solar panels ripped off because the drogue parachute decided to take them all with it, rendering the probe useless. Another, the parachutes just simply didn't fully deploy for some reason.
Plenty of science on the approach, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:46 pm

I just completely fucked up the intention of the transmitters (or, perhaps not. I dunno.)
I made a ship that would INTENTIONALLY be stranded on Duna with the most stupid kerbal I could (100% stupidity, it's a 'nicer' form of a eugenics program if he's doing something helpful with his imminent death...) but ended up going to Eve instead because I missed my window.

I too lost my main solar panels, which was a bitch, but I at least had three backups that I added just to be safe.

Still, I'd set it up so I could spam experiments and send them in one easy go.
Spammed it to hell to the point I had to go for a shower to pass the time until it had finished.
LOTS of science from doing that, though I stupidly forgot to spam the science while in deep space.
Still, good stuff.
Got enough science for the mainsails, which makes things much nicer again.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:12 pm

I just got the Mainsail and the reactor last night, haven't used either yet, though the lander for Duna was supposed to have a reactor on it, it didn't make it for whatever reason.

I still need to send a surface probe to Duna(more parachutes, more careful trajectory. It can be rather tricky to get an intercept), and maybe do a flyby of a farther planet. I like that you can get science that way, in real life all sorts of little discoveries have been made with flybys and orbiters.
The science earned from deep space is surprisingly valuable, got plenty just by doing experiments on the way to crash into Duna. In retrospect, I should have hit its moon.

Sending a forlorn kerbal with no measures for return is a lot easier, and you'll get nearly the same amount of science and more than a probe. Sure they get to stay there forever, but maybe you can pick him up later or something. Heh.
The only way to make it not really viable to just leave kerbals all of over the system would be a penalty for not bringing them back, and then you couldn't make little kerbal colonies. Or they could eventually die or something with a penalty.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Nov 05, 2013 3:17 pm

This is possibly going to be a surprise for you, but today I achieved something I've never managed before.
It wasn't long ago that I managed to conquer planes for the first time. I started with iddy biddy ones after doing a successful SSTO (Single stage to orbit) though I had never landed one beforehand (without parachutes)

...Today, I landed a SSTO coming back from orbit. Taking into consideration it had no RCS at the end and barely any fuel...
...from orbit.
I'm proud.

KSP General + community project  - Page 4 SVGyFCH
KSP General + community project  - Page 4 Ahd2YN3
KSP General + community project  - Page 4 WIDGkZa
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Nov 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Sent a probe for a flyby of Jool, got science from that and a flyby of Tylo, plus a flyby of Dres. That took about 5 years, still don't have everything researched.
Sending a probe capable of landing to either Ike, Duna, or Moho.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:24 am

I don't know if anyone still plays KSP around here anymore, but I thought I'd post what I've been doing.

I built a space station, initially with the purpose to refuel other ships going out to other planets. No MechJeb.
It was originally in orbit of Kerbin, and I spent something like 8 hours trying to dock a refueling ship. During that time I re-positioned it to Mun for easier maneuvers and finally got more fuel to it after the fact.
I did learn how to dock things properly using the RCS thrusters, so the next two payloads reached it much faster and with less difficulty. The first was a science lab, and the second was a deployable lander, which needs some testing.
Spoiler:
It just needs more monopropellant, then I can use it as an interplanetary vessel by itself. It wobbles a bit, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Wed Mar 18, 2015 10:14 am

Hmmm, I do play KSP! And I've been working on something small for Project Horizons, it's called "ESS-A1". Just a rocket mentioned in the story, I'm just trying/playing around with the concept of whether that it is possible. If you come over to my Steam screenshots, you can see some prototypes of the rocket.

I have spent over 8 hours working on this, I also have plenty of mods that I play with.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/ILM126/screenshots/?appid=220200

I didn't upload a lot of the more recent version of the rocket, but I will be working on it again. (School's been a bit busy lately)
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://ilm126.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue May 05, 2015 9:54 am

I wish someone here still plays KSP...

Plus, v1.0.2 is out.... Maybe there will be more patches in the near future :P
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue May 05, 2015 9:38 pm

I'm still waiting for some mods to update, sorry.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sat May 16, 2015 10:47 pm

Same here, I'm currently using:

* Active Texture Management
* Wider Contract App
* SKB (Serious Kerbal Business)
* Hullcam VDS
* Kerbal Joint Reinforcement
* Remote Tech
* Toolbar
* Community Resource Pack
* Rocketdyne F-1
* Community Tech Tree
* Stage Recovery
* Fuel Tanks Plus
* RealChute
* FASA Launch Clamps and Towers
* Custom Asteroids
* SOC (Simple Orbit Calculator)
* Collision FX
* Scatterer (Really Buggy)
* Module Manager (no choice really :P)
* And FRMS (Flight Manager for Reusuable Stages)

That's about all I really can have, the rest I normally use are still in 0.90.
Especially the SpaceX Launch Pack, one of my favourites. And the Near Future packs =D

KSP General + community project  - Page 4 NxhII3C
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sat May 16, 2015 10:48 pm

Also, Steam account or just bought from the KSP Store?
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 17, 2015 12:21 am

Me? Steam.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun May 17, 2015 3:43 am

mhm
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 17, 2015 4:15 am

I'm sorry; I do not understand what you mean there.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Sun May 17, 2015 3:39 pm

I'm asking do you have Steam, where you can buy games and stuff. It's a bit like Origin..

Steam Store

KSP On Steam

My Profile on Steam

So how did you get your copy of KSP?
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun May 17, 2015 8:40 pm

Um, Steam, as I said. There appears to be some confusion somewhere here.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Thu May 21, 2015 10:45 am

Sorry ^^"

(When I'm sometime busy working on multiple things on my computer, I may read/write something, go do something else, come back to check for replies, and forgot what I read/wrote and didn't go back and check... It can be awkward for me at times, sorry again...)

Shy
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu May 21, 2015 8:25 pm

Ah, okay; no problem.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by ILM126 Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:28 am

Version 1.0.4, hope Unity 5 comes to KSP soon ^^
ILM126
ILM126
Pegasus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4