Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers

2 posters

Go down

Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers Empty Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:56 am

Because the rules state that the Roleplay Cbox must be used for roleplay and not for general chat, we are now supposed to move ALL general chat away from the Cbox. (If we are ever given the privilege to use it back)

Because the main Chatbox on the site times out too quickly, doesn't make a noise, and is far from ideal for some of the users on mobile devices, Nightfire proposed we make an IRC that can be accessed via web interface on smaller devices or a client on more powerful ones, that will allow us to have general discussion among each other.

I have created a channel on the Rizon.net irc network, which is registered to me and will always have my server active on it to make sure we don't lose it. You can access the chat on any device by going to http://www.Rizon.net/chat and using the channel #CVRoleplay

It's called roleplay simply because we met each other through RP and because we might as well do some there while we aren't allowed in the Cbox.

Access is also available here: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/?channel=%23CVRoleplay&server=irc.rizon.net

Information for channel:

Server: irc.rizon.net
Channel: #CVRoleplay

Ports for IRC on Rizon: 6660-6670, 7000
SSL Ports for IRC on Rizon: 6697, 9999
ipv6 connection address (if you need it for some reason?): irc6.rizon.net

for any more server info please visit Rizon.net

SOMETHING I FORGOT TO MENTION! "LANELLI" IN THE IRC CHANNEL IS NOT ACTUALLY ME! THAT IS THE BOT I HAVE SET UP, AT THE MOMENT IT DOES NOTHING BUT KEEP THE CHANNEL OPEN. MY NAME ON THE RIZON NETWORK IS "Racist-Barn" SO WHEN I'M ON I WILL BE USING THAT NAME, FOR NOW.

Last edited by Derpy Hooves on Thu Jan 31, 2013 7:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers Empty Re: Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers

Post by Nightfire Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:46 am

Thank you greatly Derpnelli ^-^
Nightfire
Nightfire
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : -19

Character List:
Name: Alice / Ranger
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Pegasus / Time traveler

Back to top Go down

Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers Empty Re: Regarding Cbox Roleplay OOC [IRC for General discussion among the few RPers

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Jan 31, 2013 6:35 pm

I have updated my server with an alias to lead to the log files, so when you want to see the logs you can visit this to see what went on while you were gone

http://logs.hotbutteredpopcorntastessogoodicantlivewithoutit.com/

That URL is present in the "topic" of the channel, so if we end up moving permanantly or even if its just temporary/occasionally we'll be good for logs.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum