Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+9
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
13 posters

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 20 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:00 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZTT1qUswYL0

"Pony stallions! Pony mares! The horseshoe is calling you. The sacred and ancient symbol of your race, since the beginning of time. The Griffin is using Zebra as muscle against you. And you are left there helpless. Well, what are you going to do about it, Horsey? Just sit there? Of course not! You are going to join with us. The members of the Equestrian Peoples' Party. An organization of decent, law abiding ponies. Just like you! "

"New Canterlot speciests..."
"I hate speciests..."
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 20 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:09 am

I had this idea for pre-war Germaneigh. My thinking is that they didn't know about balefire bombs, and megaspells in general, until way after everyone else did. That said, Wrought Iron (In short; one of two alicorns of the earth itself) knew that they didn't have time to build anything like the Stables, so he ordered that the fortresses dotting the country, which were modernized and repaired even before the war, were to be modified even further as emergency shelters.

Thoughts?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:14 am

Why not.

Do you intend on using the geography of Silentcarto's / Hinds' maps, or do you have something different in mind ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:18 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Why not.

Do you intend on using the geography of Silentcarto's / Hinds' maps, or do you have something different in mind ?

I'll probably use their stuff both out of laziness and efficiency. Spike

What I have in mind so far is that, since Germaneigh is a warmongering state, their territory is at least four times the size of Equestria, and quite heavily irradiated compared to Equestria before Gardens activated.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:19 am

Where would you put it ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:23 am

This is a sort of a 'blind' decision since I haven't seen those maps in a while, but I imagine Germaneigh being east of Equestria past a mountain range, the closest city perhaps being Manehattan.

EDIT: Just saw the map, make that Stalliongrad.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:27 am

If you use their maps,

this may be hard

I think you may want to come up with your own.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:35 am

>Silent moment because of too much wat.

...Oookay then, that will definitely be an issue. No matter, just more fun to make my own stuff. Applebloom

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 12:20 pm

Currently (re)watching Full Metal Jacket.

Getting inspiration. What with the Universal Conscription and all...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:40 pm

Ironmonger wrote:>Silent moment because of too much wat.

...Oookay then, that will definitely be an issue. No matter, just more fun to make my own stuff. Applebloom
Well, technically, if we go by this map, you could imagine there could be space for some power to exist around there :

three seconds in gimp:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:43 pm

But to be honest I would better see Germaneigh as being on a completely different continent altogether, which would explain why they would have learned of megaspells so late and all.

As for them being warmongers, maybe they had the habit of waging war among themselves, feudalism-style ? Which would explain all the various castles.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:45 pm

Though this would pose the question of why Celestia tolerated some of "her" little ponies being so barbaric to each others...

Probably because they were among those who didn't recognize the Princesses' authority when they first descended ?

Or maybe Germaneigh is in fact the place the ponies fled in the first place before founding Equestria.

I dunno, there's a number of possibilities.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:57 pm

Would the two other powers nuke someone that far away? My original reason for Germaneigh getting nuked so hard was because neither Equestria nor Zebrica wanted the warmongers to acquire their territories after they'd obliterated one another. Sorta goes with the Zebras flipping the chessboard, but I'm not entirely sure if it makes sense. Rather than some honor-related issue, perhaps the Germane posed that much of a threat to the other nations.

On that second note, that's part of what I had in mind. The feudal atmosphere could still be seen in modern pre-war Germaeneigh in the form of several lesser lords answering to Wrought Iron, similar to the Holy Roman Empire.

The idea of the Equestrians originating in Germaneigh is quite interesting, I'll talk it over with Frost.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:51 pm

That's an interesting design for a low-tech, low-power turbine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwZ71a-lfs
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:28 pm

I've done a lot of thinking on the Germane military. For instance, the Germane have their own equivalent of Enclave/Pre-war Pegasi troops known as the Luftjägers, the primary difference being that they don't use power armor or energy weapons. Rather, they are a division of the Luftwaffe who act as airborne shock infantry, made up entirely of Pegasi (of course) and Griffins. Very strong fliers and make frequent use of heavy weaponry.

There's also the Panzer Korps, the Gebirgsjäger (mountain infantry), the Wolfwache (super soldiers typically used as royal guards), and of course the Heer (army).

I'll have more on the others later.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:35 pm

If you have an army, it's because you have an enemy. Someone you are prepapred to fight. Or at least that you don't feel safe without said army.

So, who would be Germaneigh's enemy, or at least who would they expect to use their army against ?

I don't know if my question is clear...

Basically, what cultural / diplomatic / historic reasons would they have to be militaristic ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 5:45 pm

My headcanon is that it's because there's always been bad blood between Germaneigh and the Trottomane Empire, and they've been at war for centuries. Although, that level of militarism would really only be necessary if someone really fucking hated them, so there's probably more out there.

Yay, world building! Twilight crazy

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Can't help but to imagine…"I hate speciests..."
:D

Ironmonger wrote:This is a sort of a 'blind' decision since I haven't seen those maps in a while, but I imagine Germaneigh being east of Equestria past a mountain range, the closest city perhaps being Manehattan.

EDIT: Just saw the map, make that Stalliongrad.
Oh, interesting; so you're putting Germaneigh past the eastern border of the PR? I've been wanting to fill in that area. Might mess of my ideas for the end of war ZOCs, though… though possible Germaneigh was occupied on a different front. Who did they side with, again?

Ironmonger wrote:>Silent moment because of too much wat.

…Um, okay, not sure what happened there, but that works too.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:That's an interesting design for a low-tech, low-power turbine :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nwZ71a-lfs
Agreed, neat! Thanks for the link.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:28 pm

I originally thought that Germaneigh would side with the zebras since Wrought Iron has never been on good terms with Celestia and Luna, but it would make more sense if they sided with Equestria. Perhaps they sided with Zebrica initially, but switched side's after seeing how speciesist things were getting, seeing the tense relationship with Equestria as preferable to however Zebrica would treat them later.

As for that map issue, I'm not entirely sure what was supposed to be the actual issue. I thought it was that there is water on Equestria's east coast rather than land.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:01 pm

That was indeed the issue. And then to find a place where to put Germaneigh and to actually integrate it into the setting in a meaningful way.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:09 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I originally thought that Germaneigh would side with the zebras since Wrought Iron has never been on good terms with Celestia and Luna, but it would make more sense if they sided with Equestria. Perhaps they sided with Zebrica initially, but switched side's after seeing how speciesist things were getting, seeing the tense relationship with Equestria as preferable to however Zebrica would treat them later.
Well, you can of course do what you like in your world. In mine, though, well, firstly, Zebrica is the name of the continent; the country is the Pax Roamana. Though, admittedly, it's also kind of an Australia situation, and the borders of Zebrica (which technically includes Equestria and is really no more of an actual continent than Europe is) were based in large part on the borders of the PR. Now that I'm thinking of it, I can see a lot of people calling the PR "Zebrica", sort of like how a lot of people called the USSR "Russia". Anyway, though, secondly, I don't have the PR being speciesist; it was Equestria that was bringing Godwin's Law into things.

Ironmonger wrote:As for that map issue, I'm not entirely sure what was supposed to be the actual issue. I thought it was that there is water on Equestria's east coast rather than land.
...But weren't you the one who raised the map issue in the first place? I'm still a bit confused about that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:20 pm

Sudden idea here; perhaps Germaneigh was secretly playing both sides and it backfired spectacularly, resulting in the colossal bombings of the country.

On that other note, I honestly do not know. I multitask so much stuff that I forget things, so I really don't know why I even brought that map thing up.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:07 pm

Can someone remind me what "Stable 24" was all about ? When it appeared in FoE and what happened there ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:50 pm

Here's an attempt at trying to map the NCR's territorial extension :

Spoiler:

In blue and delimited by a red outline are the States of the NCR :

- New Canterlot Federal District (not represented on the map)
- State of Junction (most populated state)
- State of Manehattan (third most populated state, not far behind New Appleloosa)
- State of New Appleloosa (second most populated state)
- State of Old Appleloosa (third least populated state)
- State of Glyphmark (fourth most populated state, highest concentration of Zebra and Ghouls)
- State of Maripony (biggest state and second least populated after Everfree)
- State of Everfree (which in practice is the second biggest state yet the least populated)

In purple are the areas which are not States of the NCR but still under its control and administration (to varying degrees) :

- The Governorate of Fillydelphia (the military oversee the scavenging operations and that's pretty much it)
- The Ponyville Hellhound Reservation. Officially they have their own government.
- The Northern Frontier : border with the northern territories.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 12:53 pm

By the way, it's easy to see why the NCR would want to settle the area between Fillydelphia, Old Appleloosa and Masozi, even if the place is hardly productive.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 3:56 pm

New Canterlot Republic - Number of Citizen per States

State of Junction (JN) : 140,000 (27% griffin, 63% ponies, 5% zebra, 5% other)
State of New Appleloosa (NA) : 110,000 (10% griffin, 75% ponies, 10% zebra, 5% other)
State of Manehattan (MH) : 90,000 (8% griffin, 80% ponies, 3% zebra, 9% other [mostly ghouls])
State of Glyphmark (GM) : 55,000 (5% griffin, 20% ponies, 40% zebra, 30% other [mostly ghouls])
State of Old Appleloosa (OA) : 33,000 (7% griffin, 80% ponies [very large proportion of Earth Ponies], 5% zebra, 7% other)
State of Maripony (MP) : 22,000 (3% griffin, 20% ponies, 7% zebra, 70% other [mostly alicorns followed by dogs])
State of Everfree (EF) : 2,000 (2% griffin, 48% ponies, 30% zebra, 20% other [mostly hellhounds])

Total population : 452,000

Per species :
Griffin : 37800 (JN) + 11000 (NA) + 7200 (MH) + 2750 (GM) + 2310 (OA) + 660 (MP) + 40 (EF) = 61,760 (13.6%)
Ponies : 88200 (JN) + 82500 (NA) + 72000 (MH) + 11000 (GM) + 26400 (OA) + 4400 (MP) + 960 (EF) = 285,460 (63.1%)
Zebra : 7000 (JN) + 11000 (NA) + 2700 (MH) + 22000 (GM) + 1650 (OA) + 1540 (MP) + 600 (EF) = 46,490 (10.3%)
Other : 7000 (JN) + 5500 (NA) + 8100 (MH) + 16500 (GM) + 2310 (OA) + 15400 (MP) + 400 (EF) = 55,210 (13%)

Note : most "other" are ghouls and alicorns, in this order.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 4:03 pm

Almost all the population of the State of Everfree live in a community built near the ruins of the Cathedral, and live by trading the various resources of the Everfree to the rest of the NCR, mostly to Glyphmark.

The Hellhounds living in the State of Everfree mostly come from the neighboring Reservation, working there as a mean to gather cash for their pack.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:37 pm

The settlement of Cathedral serve as the anchor to civilization for all the various hunters and gatherers who make a living out of the Everfree's wilderness.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:44 pm

Of note, a large portion of the ponies living in the settlement are Children of the Cathedral, still holding to the belief that Red Eye will emerge from the ruins one day to guide them toward a better tomorrow.

They are tolerated because, quite frankly, for their religious nuttery they are inoffensive, well-meaning, and pretty useful as they are educated and have lived most of their life in the Everfree. Plus, they know the formula to the special fuel Red Eye used to burn away all the nasty flora of the Everfree without burning everything. Which is useful to stop the Everfree from re-absorbing Cathedral.

And more realistically, no one outside of the Everfree would want to have the Children of the Cathedral as their neighbors. Having people preaching about how Red Eye is a God who deserve to be worshiped... Yeah, it's better for everyone that they stay there.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Jun 09, 2013 5:58 pm

And now I'm imagining a New Canterlot Republic version of the Red Army Choirs... Crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6MuBslefto
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 33 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 26 ... 33  Next