Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

+9
Stringtheory
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
Ketchup
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Kippershy
CamoBadger
Harmony Ltd.
13 posters

Page 21 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next

Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 21 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 09, 2013 11:04 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Can someone remind me what "Stable 24" was all about ? When it appeared in FoE and what happened there ?
The Stable is near New Appleoosa, the experiment was a male-dominated society, and the fall was due to the wholly accidental creation of the chimeras.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Here's an attempt at trying to map the NCR's territorial extension :

Spoiler:

In blue and delimited by a red outline are the States of the NCR :

- New Canterlot Federal District (not represented on the map)
- State of Junction (most populated state)
- State of Manehattan (third most populated state, not far behind New Appleloosa)
- State of New Appleloosa (second most populated state)
- State of Old Appleloosa (third least populated state)
- State of Glyphmark (fourth most populated state, highest concentration of Zebra and Ghouls)
- State of Maripony (biggest state and second least populated after Everfree)
- State of Everfree (which in practice is the second biggest state yet the least populated)

In purple are the areas which are not States of the NCR but still under its control and administration (to varying degrees) :

- The Governorate of Fillydelphia (the military oversee the scavenging operations and that's pretty much it)
- The Ponyville Hellhound Reservation. Officially they have their own government.
- The Northern Frontier : border with the northern territories.
Nice! What year/period is this?

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, it's easy to see why the NCR would want to settle the area between Fillydelphia, Old Appleloosa and Masozi, even if the place is hardly productive.
Also, I have some shaky headcanon that Las Pegasus is or was somewhere near HEP12.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:New Canterlot Republic - Number of Citizen per States

State of Junction (JN) : 140,000 (27% griffin, 63% ponies, 5% zebra, 5% other)
State of New Appleloosa (NA) : 110,000 (10% griffin, 75% ponies, 10% zebra, 5% other)
State of Manehattan (MH) : 90,000 (8% griffin, 80% ponies, 3% zebra, 9% other [mostly ghouls])
State of Glyphmark (GM) : 55,000 (5% griffin, 20% ponies, 40% zebra, 30% other [mostly ghouls])
State of Old Appleloosa (OA) : 33,000 (7% griffin, 80% ponies [very large proportion of Earth Ponies], 5% zebra, 7% other)
State of Maripony (MP) : 22,000 (3% griffin, 20% ponies, 7% zebra, 70% other [mostly alicorns followed by dogs])
State of Everfree (EF) : 2,000 (2% griffin, 48% ponies, 30% zebra, 20% other [mostly hellhounds])

Total population : 452,000

Per species :
Griffin : 37800 (JN) + 11000 (NA) + 7200 (MH) + 2750 (GM) + 2310 (OA) + 660 (MP) + 40 (EF) = 61,760 (13.6%)
Ponies : 88200 (JN) + 82500 (NA) + 72000 (MH) + 11000 (GM) + 26400 (OA) + 4400 (MP) + 960 (EF) = 285,460 (63.1%)
Zebra : 7000 (JN) + 11000 (NA) + 2700 (MH) + 22000 (GM) + 1650 (OA) + 1540 (MP) + 600 (EF) = 46,490 (10.3%)
Other : 7000 (JN) + 5500 (NA) + 8100 (MH) + 16500 (GM) + 2310 (OA) + 15400 (MP) + 400 (EF) = 55,210 (13%)

Note : most "other" are ghouls and alicorns, in this order.
Hm, more hard numbers than I've got. Also nice.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Almost all the population of the State of Everfree live in a community built near the ruins of the Cathedral, and live by trading the various resources of the Everfree to the rest of the NCR, mostly to Glyphmark.
Ah, so the Children of the Cathedral are full members? And I assume that the plan to convert a lot of the Everfree to farmland was abandoned after Gardens opened up much easier-to-work land elsewhere?
Also, you didn't specify that the community, or at least the center of it, was the Overcast; did something happen to the ship, is this a separate settlement, or what?

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The settlement of Cathedral serve as the anchor to civilization for all the various hunters and gatherers who make a living out of the Everfree's wilderness.
Ah, so they named the settlement "Cathedral". That makes sense.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:They are tolerated because, quite frankly, for their religious nuttery they are inoffensive, well-meaning, and pretty useful as they are educated and have lived most of their life in the Everfree. Plus, they know the formula to the special fuel Red Eye used to burn away all the nasty flora of the Everfree without burning everything. Which is useful to stop the Everfree from re-absorbing Cathedral.

And more realistically, no one outside of the Everfree would want to have the Children of the Cathedral as their neighbors. Having people preaching about how Red Eye is a God who deserve to be worshiped... Yeah, it's better for everyone that they stay there.
Another reason why they're tolerated is probably that most if not all of the Children who weren't inoffensive went south to join the Banner as soon as they heard about it. Though the Banner does admit that Red Eye is dead; indeed, getting very angry about Red Eye being dead is one of the Banner's (but particularly Rose Eye's) things.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And now I'm imagining a New Canterlot Republic version of the Red Army Choirs... Crazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L6MuBslefto
Heeheeheeheehee...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 21 Empty Re: [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:25 am

Re what year is it : as always, unless stated otherwise, the date is always "Current Day", ie year 30 after the Battle of Neighvarro.

By the way, if we assume that Velvet and Calamity were in their thirties during the course of FoE, that mean they would currently be in their sixties. That would be an interesting period for anyone tasked to protect the Elements of Harmony and to find their replacements should anything happen...

Re Las Pegasus : interesting. Does it appear in story and yes whoch and in what context ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 2:28 am

The Children of the Cathedral aren't a recognized entity in the NCR the way the Followers are. Rather, as they're isolated in that place few care about they're left in peace.

As for the the thunderhead, I had yet again forgotten about it, but I suppose it would serve as a base for the local garrison.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 4:35 am

Random thought : depending on the endgame of Project Horizon and the status of relationships between the Hoofington Region and the NCR, it is possible a portion of the NCR's population which fought during the Bitter War and other subsequent conflicts the republic got involved in have cybernetic prosthetics.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 6:57 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Re what year is it : as always, unless stated otherwise, the date is always "Current Day", ie year 30 after the Battle of Neighvarro.
Ah, I'll try to remember that you think of the present as being 30SR. It is rather difficult when we deal with presents ranging from "This takes place before Velvet left Stable 2" to "And here's Blackjack's descendant kirking around the galaxy". At least we do generally think of the war as the past. :)

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, if we assume that Velvet and Calamity were in their thirties during the course of FoE, that mean they would currently be in their sixties. That would be an interesting period for anyone tasked to protect the Elements of Harmony and to find their replacements should anything happen...
Oooh, interesting idea…

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Re Las Pegasus : interesting. Does it appear in story and yes whoch and in what context ?
It might, but, if so, I don't know of it. I basically just thought one day "Hm, why did they put the power station in the middle of nowhere like that. Maybe there's a pegasus settlement that they ran wires up to or drew workers from or something? Hm, it's in the middle of the desert. Las Pegasus?" and didn't go much farther than that.
Though Las Pegasus would, if there, probably have been the GPE city most concerned with relations with the Alliance. Not that the issue would be mentioned much to the common people even there, of course.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The Children of the Cathedral aren't a recognized entity in the NCR the way the Followers are. Rather, as they're isolated in that place few care about they're left in peace.

As for the the thunderhead, I had yet again forgotten about it, but I suppose it would serve as a base for the local garrison.
…Sooo they're left in peace but only after they're kicked out of their base? Or was some sort of deal struck?

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Random thought : depending on the endgame of Project Horizon and the status of relationships between the Hoofington Region and the NCR, it is possible a portion of the NCR's population which fought during the Bitter War and other subsequent conflicts the republic got involved in have cybernetic prosthetics.
Interesting idea, yeah. Of course, even I don't know how PH will end (not that I could tell you if I did).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:01 am

...You know, come to think of it, FoE implied that Calamity got his cybernetics from ex-Red Eye stuff, but I don't recall it ever actually saying that. That was probably because FoE had no other available source for it to be confused with, but, assuming that Silver Stripe and/or Rover survive PH... Well, it would certainly be much easier to have them do it. And, even if Blackjack dies (which is, this being Somber, a possibility), LittlePip will have watched the orbs by then, including the one of her night out with a certain cyberpony.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:17 am

O. Hinds wrote:…Sooo they're left in peace but only after they're kicked out of their base? Or was some sort of deal struck?
Was it ever said that the Children took residence in the downed Thunderhead ?

But anyway, to know if they were violently expelled or if a deal was struck would depend on what kind of Children inhabited it at the time. i have in mind that the ones in the settlement of Cathedral are actually pacifists, so if they were using the TH (ThunderHead) as a base a deal was probably struck to the effect of "you weirdos can keep living near the Cathedral, and we'll even protect you from the mean beasties of the Everfree, just leave us do our thing, okay ?" ; with the fact they'll get their ass handed to them left heavily implied.

Of course, in practice, more often than not it would be the Children saving the ass of the NCR citizens than the reverse when it come to managing the dangers of the Everfree... But it's not like you'll ever hear any propaganda say that. or that you'll hear much propaganda regarding what the NCR do in the Everfree at all...

(I see the state of Everfree being pretty much as the Nevada / Area 51 of the NCR)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 7:40 am

I've made some additions to my very rough partial timeline. What do you think?
formation of the Pax Roamana 0PR -180Eq
defeat of the diamond dog empire by the Northern Zebras 50PR -130Eq
meteor and fall of the Northern Zebras 80PR -100Eq
pony colonization of the Equestrian Peninsula 180PR 0Eq
Discord arrives, Celestia and Luna descend 580PR 400E->0G
Nightmare Moon rises and is defeated 780PR 200G->0C
FiM begins 1780PR 1000C->0D
the war begins 1795PR 15D
Littlehorn 1804PR 21D->0L
Elusive is fully powered up for the first time; the war ends 1815PR 11L 0E
FoE 2015PR 211L->0SR 200E
the NCR allows the EA to begin operating, within limits, in NCR territory 2026PR 11SR 211E
the headcanon thread's (or at least Harmony Ltd.'s) standard "present day" 2045SR 30SR 231E

The NCR uses the last Equestrian calendar but with different year numbers; the first Hearth's Warming Eve (the date of which was known due to the GPE's records and timekeeping) after the Day of Sunshine and Rainbows marked the start of the year 1SR. The Alliance uses multiple calendars, the two most prominent being the unmodified Pax Roamana calendar (used by, among others, the Miliozi) and the Elusive calendar, which is the Elusive Company's standard calendar and, in a stunning display of humility, uses Elusive's "birthday" as the new year and counts years from the first time he was fully powered up.
Also, would you please post dates for the Bitter War's relevant points? I'd like to add that, if you don't mind.
It's a pity that I don't know just when Gardens went off, but then, this gives us flexibility. And maybe PH will cover that.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Was it ever said that the Children took residence in the downed Thunderhead ?
Kkat wrote:The fires of Everfree Forest have finally died.  Bizarrely, a lot of the forest, the trees at least, seems unharmed.  Given time, the undergrowth is likely t’ grow back.  However, I have it on good authority that the Applejack’s Rangers have taken up a project t’ convert much of the forest’s area t’ farmland, pending negotiations with the Children of the Cathedral, a relatively non-hostile band of Red Eye remnants who have made their home in the wreckage of the Thunderhead Overcast.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:But anyway, to know if they were violently expelled or if a deal was struck would depend on what kind of Children inhabited it at the time. i have in mind that the ones in the settlement of Cathedral are actually pacifists, so if they were using the TH (ThunderHead) as a base a deal was probably struck to the effect of "you weirdos can keep living near the Cathedral, and we'll even protect you from the mean beasties of the Everfree, just leave us do our thing, okay ?" ; with the fact they'll get their ass handed to them left heavily implied.
That makes sense. All the non-pacifist ones (or ones who didn't care to pretend that they were pacifists in order to stay in) either went south to the Banner or struck out on their own.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Of course, in practice, more often than not it would be the Children saving the ass of the NCR citizens than the reverse when it come to managing the dangers of the Everfree... But it's not like you'll ever hear any propaganda say that. or that you'll hear much propaganda regarding what the NCR do in the Everfree at all...
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:06 am

O. Hinds wrote:Also, would you please post dates for the Bitter War's relevant points? I'd like to add that, if you don't mind.
It's a pity that I don't know just when Gardens went off, but then, this gives us flexibility. And maybe PH will cover that.

Quick & dirty (provisional) timeline of the Bitter War (time counted in month and year after the battle of Neighvarro - I'll let you sort the proper calendar) :

Date 0 / year 0 : Battle of Neighvarro
Month 7 / year 0 : the GPE lose its last Thunderhead (thanks to Lionheart and Mouse), and only has a few Raptors left, which it is now mothballing in order to protect them.
Month 9 / year 0 : Activation of the gardens
Month 12 / year 0 : implosion of the GPE (Schism)
Year 3 : first victory of the NCR on the offensive. The tide of war start turning.
Year 4 : first use of biological weapons against the surface by the Bitters
Year 6 : the Bitters are reduced to conducing guerilla warfare ; half of the Bitters have either been killed, made prisonners of war, fled or surrendered.
Year 8 : Bitters attack have become rare, but their attacks continue to be devastating when they occur, contaminating food supplies through bio-warfare and generally using all-out genocidal tactics.
Year 10 : No new Bitter attack has been registered in the entirety of the last year : it seems the remaining Bitters have simply disappeared. Official end of the Bitter War.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:11 am

By the way, even if the Bitter War is officially over, the NCR still consider itself in a state of open hostility toward any group which would claim links to the Bitters.

Kind of like how everyone would reflexively declare war IRL to any power posing itself as faithful to the ideas and motivations of the Third Reich...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:37 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Also, would you please post dates for the Bitter War's relevant points? I'd like to add that, if you don't mind.

Quick & dirty (provisional) timeline of the Bitter War (time counted in month and year after the battle of Neighvarro - I'll let you sort the proper calendar) :

Date 0 / year 0 : Battle of Neighvarro
Month 7 / year 0 : the GPE lose its last Thunderhead (thanks to Lionheart and Mouse), and only has a few Raptors left, which it is now mothballing in order to protect them.
Month 9 / year 0 : Activation of the gardens
Month 12 / year 0 : implosion of the GPE (Schism)
Year 3 : first victory of the NCR on the offensive. The tide of war start turning.
Year 4 : first use of biological weapons against the surface by the Bitters
Year 6 : the Bitters are reduced to conducing guerilla warfare ; half of the Bitters have either been killed, made prisonners of war, fled or surrendered.
Year 8 : Bitters attack have become rare, but their attacks continue to be devastating when they occur, contaminating food supplies through bio-warfare and generally using all-out genocidal tactics.
Year 10 : No new Bitter attack has been registered in the entirety of the last year : it seems the remaining Bitters have simply disappeared. Official end of the Bitter War.
Ah, thanks. All I've ended up changing/adding is:
FoE; firing of Gardens, fall of the GPE 2015PR 211L->0SR 200E
the official end of the Bitter War 2025PR 210L 10SR 210E
I've also copied your rough timeline of the war into my offline notes.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, even if the Bitter War is officially over, the NCR still consider itself in a state of open hostility toward any group which would claim links to the Bitters.

Kind of like how everyone would reflexively declare war IRL to any power posing itself as faithful to the ideas and motivations of the Third Reich...
Understandable.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 8:50 am

By the way, a question of denominations...

The surface would call the Bitters "The Bitters" (or simply "the bastards") : I'm using the surface designation to talk about them (the basic point of view I'm adopting is the NCR's, unless stated otherwise).

But...
The Enclave Remnants would most likely calm them the "Cauterizers" (named after Operation Cauterize) ;
And the Bitters would simply consider themselves as the rightful heirs of the Grand Pegasus Enclave.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:02 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, a question of denominations...

The surface would call the Bitters "The Bitters" (or simply "the bastards") : I'm using the surface designation to talk about them (the basic point of view I'm adopting is the NCR's, unless stated otherwise).

But...
The Enclave Remnants would most likely calm them the "Cauterizers" (named after Operation Cauterize) ;
And the Bitters would simply consider themselves as the rightful heirs of the Grand Pegasus Enclave.
Neat.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:07 am

By the way, the "Enclave Remnants" actually call themselves "The Grand Pegasus Enclave".

"Remnants" is just the term surfacers use to designate the part of the Enclave which neither joined the Bitters or the Volunteers.

Oh, and the Bitters would probably call the Volunteers "Traitors". The Remnants would probably call them either "Deserters", "Drifters", "Dashites" or something else, depending on their mood.

Basically, everyone is calling each other names. Spike
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:10 am

The Bitters would probably call the Remnants "Cowards" or something to the effect.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:24 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, the "Enclave Remnants" actually call themselves "The Grand Pegasus Enclave".

"Remnants" is just the term surfacers use to designate the part of the Enclave which neither joined the Bitters or the Volunteers.

Oh, and the Bitters would probably call the Volunteers "Traitors". The Remnants would probably call them either "Deserters", "Drifters", "Dashites" or something else, depending on their mood.

Basically, everyone is calling each other names. Spike
This continues to be neat.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The Bitters would probably call the Remnants "Cowards" or something to the effect.
You mean the Bitters who didn't join the Remnants?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:36 am

Probably more the Bitters during the Bitter War.

It's possible the fact they came back the tail behind their back after the defeat would have humbled them a bit, though not certain...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 9:37 am

"By the way, the "Enclave Remnants" actually call themselves "The Grand Pegasus Enclave"." => and to add to the general confusion, the Bitters ALSO called themselves the Grand Pegasus Enclave.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:05 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:By the way, even if the Bitter War is officially over, the NCR still consider itself in a state of open hostility toward any group which would claim links to the Bitters.

Whoa whoa hold on. Isn't this starting to directly conflict with the original fallout equestria's epilogue? I remember those established that the large scale battles died out relatively quickly after littlepip entered the spp.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:06 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Probably more the Bitters during the Bitter War.

It's possible the fact they came back the tail behind their back after the defeat would have humbled them a bit, though not certain...
:)

Harmony Ltd. wrote:"By the way, the "Enclave Remnants" actually call themselves "The Grand Pegasus Enclave"." => and to add to the general confusion, the Bitters ALSO called themselves the Grand Pegasus Enclave.
Heh. Though I image that all of the groups still calling themselves the GPE had some Oh Excrement moments when they got the polite radio message that the Alliance was no longer calling any of them the GPE.
Actually, that makes me wonder... could Las Pegasus have surrendered to the Alliance? There's pretty much nothing that the Alliance could due to them other besiege them or bomb them (the latter of which would cause morale problems under the circumstances, among other things, and the former of which the Alliance would still hesitate to due due to not wanting to get involved in the Bitter War or a fight with the NCR), but surrendering to the Alliance would give Las Pegasus protection and a food supply. The Alliance, meanwhile, would gain a small city of pegasi, a stronger claim to the land underneath, and a nice increase of their peninsular power. Win-win. What do you think? Particularly, how would the Bitters react? This would remove Las Pegasus from the conflict on either side and put it in the hooves of a surfacer power, but, on the other hand, would the Bitters really be so stupid as to open up a second and powerful front?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:10 am

cb5 wrote:

Whoa whoa hold on. Isn't this starting to directly conflict with the original fallout equestria's epilogue? I remember those established that the large scale battles died out relatively quickly after littlepip entered the spp.
From the two week epilogue:
Kkat wrote:Now children, as you know, the sonic rainbooms also tore most of the remaining Enclave Raptors out o’ the sky.  The few that remain have returned t’ the sides of the Enclave’s remaining Thunderheads… and turned their firepower on the pegasus ponies who have risen up t’ throw off the Enclave’s tyranny.

The war is over, but it would appear that the war was just the prologue t’ another bloody chapter in Equestrian history.  Civil war tears apart the sky
The next epilogue would be around the time of the official end of the Bitter War. I think that we have sufficient wiggle room.
Also, Harmony Ltd. and I have been known, on occasion, to ignore parts of the stories that are small and inconvenient enough.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:19 am

O. Hinds wrote:Also, Harmony Ltd. and I have been known, on occasion, to ignore parts of the stories that are small and inconvenient enough.
What about parts that directly contradict you? Like how the SPP controls weather and that unless you're in space there's weather? The only way I can see this "bitter" war lasting years is if they moved well beyond the equestria borders. Like beyond ever seeing the cloud cover or the activation of the spp level of far away.

I can see guerilla warfare and quick in-and-out skirmishes being possible, not full out wars.

Last edited by cb5 on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am; edited 1 time in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:20 am

I consider the "ten years" post-face to be non-canon to my headcanon. Spike

I mean, I still take some inspiration from it, but if you want to see it that way, my headcanon is "alternate history" with a divergence point a few days after the Battle of Neighvarro - basically my timeline start when Littlepip finish recording her memories.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:25 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I consider the "ten years" post-face to be non-canon to my headcanon. [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 21 779695502

I mean, I still take some inspiration from it, but if you want to see it that way, my headcanon is "alternate history" with a divergence point a few days after the Battle of Neighvarro - basically my timeline start when Littlepip finish recording her memories.
Isn't that a paradox? non-canonning to headcannon a non-canon fanfiction that's confirmed non-canon?
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:27 am

cb5 wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Also, Harmony Ltd. and I have been known, on occasion, to ignore parts of the stories that are small and inconvenient enough.
What about parts that directly contradict you? Like how the SPP controls weather and that unless you're in space there's weather? The only way I can see this "bitter" war lasting years is if they moved well beyond the equestria borders. Like beyond ever seeing the cloud cover or the activation of the spp level of far away.

I can see guerilla warfare and quick in-and-out skirmishes being possible, not full out wars.
Littlepip was at first hesitant to unleash the full might of the SPP against the GPE, out of a sense of guilt (after all it was her actions which directly led to the current state of affairs).

Once the Bitters broke away from the GPE, with the clear intention to wipe anyone from the surface, she started making their life hard by manipulating the weather to be stormy where they were, but she didn't go all the way - Littlepip doesn't want to be a Goddess, and if she started taking such a direct role in the life of the Wasteland, well... No, she didn't want to go that way.

It is only after the Bitters started using bio-weapons, and when the first death camps started to spring up (the Bitters systematically killing all surfacers they encountered) that she decided she had enough and unleashed the full might of the SPP against the Bitters. But by that point they were already operating close to the ground and always out of the SPP's direct line of sight when they could. And you don't throw the climatic equivalent of a nuke if you're not even sure the enemy is there and if there's the risk of doing a lot of collateral damage in the ranks of those you've set yourself the task to protect.

So her hooves were kind of tied during the whole period as to what she could actually do to help.

Mostly, she just gave intelligence and let the surfacers, and later the NCR, do the actual fighting.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:36 am; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:28 am

cb5 wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:I consider the "ten years" post-face to be non-canon to my headcanon. [Fallout Equestria] Setting discussions - Page 21 779695502

Isn't that a paradox? non-canonning to headcannon a non-canon fanfiction that's confirmed non-canon?
*shrug*

I just do what the f*ck I feel like doing, to be quite honest.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:46 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:*shrug*

I just do what the f*ck I feel like doing, to be quite honest.
I can see why no popular writer does FoE side fanfics months after SPP.

Personally I think after a couple years Manehatten, Hoofington and such would allow for civilization to re-emerge. Sure a lot of it in manehatten would have been destroyed when littlepip entered the spp, but no one, even someone insane, would purposefully destroy a working factory considering it would be worth it's weight in gold. Even raiders saw how important it was, otherwise red eye wouldn't have gained such a following. Red Eye may have had a god complex, but he knew that in order for a country to be stable it needs trade and a means of sustaining itself. In that case he was rebuilding Manehatten. Hoofington has working factories in the core, if the eater of souls leaves then that's a entire city with a working infrastructure, factories, TANKS, and such, not to mention maintenance robots.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 10:57 am

You're confusing Manehattan with Fillydelphia.

I know it's a lot to ingest, but maybe you would want to read this thread from the start. So I won't have to re-explain you everything from my headcanon (there's a lot of it).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:47 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You're confusing Manehattan with Fillydelphia.

I know it's a lot to ingest, but maybe you would want to read this thread from the start. So I won't have to re-explain you everything from my headcanon (there's a lot of it).
Whoops.

Personally if I were in the foe universe I would establish a true neutral private security company merged with a trade port, work towards making a recycling center and weapons manufacturer. Imagine Talon Company+Megamart that you could hire security details, sell (almost)anything, sell scrap and recycle it.

The reason why is that in a war economy the people making the guns are the only winners, and that you could play the sides to your advantage. Like order a unit to attack maripony with fake orders from red eye and the enclave, while another unit tries to assassinate red eye with fake orders from the Goddess and the enclave, while another unit tries to assassinate a high ranking enclave soldier with fake orders from the Goddess and Red Eye. Then get everyone who is involved to have their memories removed and no matter how much interrogated all three sides will think each other declared war on each other.

Winners in that scenario:
Me

Losers:
Red Eye's forces, Unity, Enclave
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:53 am

You and what army ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 21 of 33 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 20, 21, 22 ... 27 ... 33  Next