Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Game of Thrones discussion thread

+6
Scyto Harmony
Cptadder
Stringtheory
Valikdu
StoneSlinger88
Necr0maNceR
10 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Game of Thrones discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones discussion thread

Post by Valikdu Tue Jun 04, 2013 2:56 pm

Game of Thrones discussion thread - Page 2 P7JN6jH
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Game of Thrones discussion thread - Page 2 Empty Re: Game of Thrones discussion thread

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jun 04, 2013 3:52 pm

Luna
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:04 am

Okay, so I haven't been watching Game of Thrones as much as I "should".

I don't know these characters. I barely grasp the setting. Motivations, reasons, plots, and politics I have no idea about as far as this show goes.

I just caught the newest episode. Ya'll have my attention now.

Spoiler:
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:07 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Okay, so I haven't been watching Game of Thrones as much as I "should".

I don't know these characters. I barely grasp the setting. Motivations, reasons, plots, and politics I have no idea about as far as this show goes.

I just caught the newest episode. Ya'll have my attention now.

Spoiler:
Have you seen all the episodes?
Spoiler:
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Jun 08, 2013 1:34 am

Not including this episode I've seen three or four other episodes, and those where the ones before this one.

As for how much attention I've been paying to it. Something about the blood of kings having power and everybody is trying to get some. Including using leeches. The girl was being taken back to her family and obviously that didn't go well.

There was another wedding from what I can tell was an attempt to get the rowdy dwarf prince to settle down so his nephew, who is to be king, doesn't have to worry about getting in the way later. I guess. The nephew seems like a prick and I can't wait for when he gets stabbed in the back in some way.

No I haven't read the books either so I am going in blind.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 08, 2013 2:18 am

Moodyman90 wrote:Not including this episode I've seen three or four other episodes, and those where the ones before this one.

As for how much attention I've been paying to it. Something about the blood of kings having power and everybody is trying to get some. Including using leeches. The girl was being taken back to her family and obviously that didn't go well.

There was another wedding from what I can tell was an attempt to get the rowdy dwarf prince to settle down so his nephew, who is to be king, doesn't have to worry about getting in the way later. I guess. The nephew seems like a prick and I can't wait for when he gets stabbed in the back in some way.

No I haven't read the books either so I am going in blind.
Spoiler:
I'm not going to try to explain the whole plot, because it's REALLY long and complicated - suffice it to say, if you liked that episode, you should catch up from the beginning and then keep watching, because there are more crazy shenanigans on the way.

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Jun 09, 2013 9:45 pm

Hmmm, based off "A Song of Fire and Ice."

I knew not reading those books would bite me in the ass, as I knew not watching Game of Thrones from the start would.

So I'm watching the season finale right now cause it's on. A few summaries and looking over just what happened last episode, I'm a bit more in the know.

I am rather enjoying this show. Ehehehehe.

I remember a joke that I saw in a comic around a year ago. A character ask why somebody was in shock, to which another said "I asked if so-and-so was dead yet." which put the other character into shock.
The artist comments at the bottom was, "If you haven't read the books and are a fan of the show, don't grow attached to anybody."
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:04 pm

Only two hours left till the season 4 premier.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 17

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Apr 06, 2014 7:12 pm

Necr0maNceR wrote:Only two hours left till the season 4 premier.
I will be hosting the Meadows Ford RP during this time.
Know what I give up for you people. Know my suffering
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Apr 06, 2014 10:44 pm

We are very thankful for your sacrifice Adder. Makes you feel any better I don't have HBO anymore so I couldn't watch it either.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Apr 07, 2014 9:10 am

Thanks Adder. Methinks we were all freaked out that session on what you were going to do with us, especially when you made note of this.

Um... Never had HBO, but do they do encores of the primere? Or is it just the fact that you missed out on the original primere that makes you suffer?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Apr 08, 2014 6:24 pm

I always think of recaps as not so much "our story so far" but "here are the arcs we'll be looking at in this episode!" Which doesn't make them better, mind you - if anything, that's kind of insulting to the viewer, though I suppose "our story so far, for those short on memory" is also pretty bad - but it is probably practical.

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Apr 09, 2014 12:16 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I always think of recaps as not so much "our story so far" but "here are the arcs we'll be looking at in this episode!" Which doesn't make them better, mind you - if anything, that's kind of insulting to the viewer, though I suppose "our story so far, for those short on memory" is also pretty bad - but it is probably practical.

To be fair when they showed all the pivotal scenes with Ice it lent that much more weight when you see Tywin melting the damn thing down to forge two new swords. No words are said but the viewer gets it instantly from the playback. This was Ned Sword, Ned was executed with his own sword, oh hey here's Tywin melting down Ned's sword to make new shinny swords.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 1:53 pm

From what I can tell based off of secondhand knowledge, Tywin constantly complains about being surrounded by idiots, but one time he does intereact with one of the smarter characters, he doesn't take her along with him, instead pretty much giving her a suicide mission serving Gregor. It's a good thing in the long run, but still, I kinda wanted to see more intereaction between him and Arya. He's a bit of a jerk, isn't he?

Now as for the girl, she really needs to keep her head cool. Can't really avenge your family if you're dead not being able to fend off the buddies of the guy you just killed, eh? Here's to hoping she turns out as much as a BAMF as Ezio and others.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Wed Apr 09, 2014 2:42 pm

With your sense of humor, I'd say the infamous 3rd season finale.
As for me, I heard of ASoIaF first when I started  Wheel of Time, then read the title of the first book, and remembered that it was an HBO series. Still haven't seen an actual episode, mostly bits and pieces, accompanied by the Trope Recaps.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:31 pm

swicked wrote:Btw, how did y'all get interested in this series?
I've heard that Lena Headey will be in it.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Wed Apr 09, 2014 4:37 pm

<---Book reader
With all that implies
There were things I waited for... for years to see onscreen. I've waited since 2007 for some of this stuff to come to fruition.

I've got only a week left for my second favorite moment in the series.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:09 pm

Friend introduced me to the books when only the first 3 were out, IIRC. We thought it was unfilmable back then. :P

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Apr 09, 2014 5:11 pm

I heard of A Song of Fire and Ice years ago. I forget from who or where. Wasn't until after the second season of the show that I figure I'd actually start watching it, kinda like how I was for Walking Dead where I didn't start watching till after the second season mid-finale, and it still wasn't until midway through the third season that I actually started watching Game of Thrones.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:35 pm

It's almost time for another episode.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:55 pm

*episode ends*

Oh my god, I love this series.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 13, 2014 10:05 pm

Game of Thrones discussion thread - Page 2 P7JN6jH
I can already hear the internet's reaction...
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:39 am

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Mon Apr 14, 2014 1:44 am

Adder K.O.ed half our party with a mech. That is how upset he is that he missed the episode.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Apr 14, 2014 4:33 pm

stringtheory wrote:Game of Thrones discussion thread - Page 2 P7JN6jH
I can already hear the internet's reaction...

Haven't watched yet. Was it what I think it was? The next event that could have provoked such a reaction should be the
Spoiler:

(checks episode guide)

YES! YES! YEEES!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!  Applebloom
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:45 pm

For those wondering about who snuffed the King everything you need is contained in the episode...

Or you could click this handy breakdown. We should not get confirmation in the show until episode 4 or 5.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Mon Apr 14, 2014 11:51 pm

*read the books, amused at FB statuses*
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:36 am

StoneSlinger88 wrote:*read the books, amused at FB statuses*
Aye. It's always hilarious when people freak out over something that you've known for years.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Necr0maNceR Mon Apr 28, 2014 12:34 am

That look on Tommen's face.  Priceless.
Necr0maNceR
Necr0maNceR
Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue May 06, 2014 11:09 pm

Lulz: http://www.danbarham.com/dinklage/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2