Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

FO:E RP Season 2: "Electric Scootaloo"

+7
MrMagma
Moodyman90
Aonee
Katarn
RoboRed
CamoBadger
Tytan
11 posters

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next

Go down

FO:E RP Season 2: "Electric Scootaloo" - Page 20 Empty Re: FO:E RP Season 2: "Electric Scootaloo"

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:51 pm

((Not at all Scyto.))

FO:E RP Season 2: "Electric Scootaloo" - Page 20 Rarity___windy__n_pretty_by_quanno3-d5m0suy

Back to top Go down

FO:E RP Season 2: "Electric Scootaloo" - Page 20 Empty Re: FO:E RP Season 2: "Electric Scootaloo"

Post by XT Vengeance Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:52 pm

((Jedi....original? You are kidding, right? You missed the whole point of my previous statement. But I'm not here to argue with people who don't do their research.))
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance
High Inquisitor of Jackassery

Brohoof! : 40

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:52 pm

((Nintendo didn't make the game console, Scyto, they just did it right. There was a whole 2 generations I think that crashes because of idiocy.))
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 7:57 pm

Aonee wrote:((Nintendo didn't make the game console, Scyto, they just did it right. There was a whole 2 generations I think that crashes because of idiocy.))

(( Thank you for the calm, collected response. I'm sure to take your opinion seriously and add it to my collective knowledge.

XT Vengeance wrote:((Jedi....original? You are kidding, right? You missed the whole point of my previous statement. But I'm not here to argue with people who don't do their research.))

And quite the opposite for this little tidbit. Nice use of a single example amongst many to try and debunk my point. You're really good at this, I can tell. ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:07 pm

(( Scarfarity is best Scarf. ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
Aonee wrote:((Nintendo didn't make the game console, Scyto, they just did it right. There was a whole 2 generations I think that crashes because of idiocy.))

(( Thank you for the calm, collected response. I'm sure to take your opinion seriously and add it to my collective knowledge.

XT Vengeance wrote:((Jedi....original? You are kidding, right? You missed the whole point of my previous statement. But I'm not here to argue with people who don't do their research.))

And quite the opposite for this little tidbit. Nice use of a single example amongst many to try and debunk my point. You're really good at this, I can tell. ))
((
My reaction to Scyto's flawed arguments:
))
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:09 pm

scytobait:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:17 pm

mfw XT is being a child:

(( @Guard: I dunno, I don't like how her mane is done up. ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:28 pm

((Anyone up for some H4? Or any Xbox game for that matter?))
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

ScytoHarmony wrote:
mfw XT is being a child:

((Now, here is why I called your argument flawed;
Both Aonee and I gave one example of things you had listed were not original. Somehow, in your silly little mind, his argument is valid and mine is not? I love how, the fact that you obviously like him more colors your arguments. Don't get me wrong, I do not give two shits about whether any of you like me or not. I do, however, find it necessary to point out flawed argument like your. Jedi are based of of old mythology. They are warrior-monks. Your Tactical RPG, those are all based of of old stories and a rather well know game called chess. The statement; "There is nothing new under the sun." means not that there are no new objects, but that any idea, no matter how original you may think it is, has taken inspiration from older ideas, and has most likely been thought of before. Just because someone was the first to make something like, say, a TV, does not mean that they were the first to come up with the idea of a moving image. Normally, I try to avoid situations like this, where I have to type out a paragraph explaining why someone is wrong, but you have somehow, gone without hearing that extremely common phrase.

Also, just because something isn't completely original does not mean that it is bad. There are stereotypes, cliches and tropes is because they have been shown to resonate with people, as they are common situations. If you are going to rail against something, at least have a more well thought out argument other that "It isn't original". That is all I will say on the matter, I suggest you drop it before I am forced to continue.))

Last edited by XT Vengeance on Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Orm Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

((@Aonee: I'm up for some if I'm done drawing by then.))
Orm
Orm
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name: Searchlight
Sex: Male
Species: Ghoul Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:29 pm

Aonee wrote:((Anyone up for some H4? Or any Xbox game for that matter?))
((Depends, what MP games do you have?))
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Aonee wrote:((Anyone up for some H4? Or any Xbox game for that matter?))

((I'd love to. But my gold ran out and I don't want to renew it until I get Halo 4.))

Back to top Go down

Post by XT Vengeance Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:35 pm

Last wrote:

((I'd love to. But my gold ran out and I don't want to renew it until I get Halo 4.))
((You should definitely let us know when that happens. We shall go on a romp across the cosmos, slaughtering all who stand in our path.))
XT Vengeance
XT Vengeance

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

((Well, hopefully once I get to my grandma's house I'll buy a new 360 and H4 so I can join y'all as well!))

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:36 pm

((Okay guys I'm playing H4 with some Canadians so if you don't have it then sorry.))
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm

Aonee wrote:((Okay guys I'm playing H4 with some Canadians so if you don't have it then sorry.))

((Orm and Scyto?))

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:38 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:
ScytoHarmony wrote:
mfw XT is being a child:

((Now, here is why I called your argument flawed;
Both Aonee and I gave one example of things you had listed were not original. Somehow, in your silly little mind, his argument is valid and mine is not? I love how, the fact that you obviously like him more colors your arguments. Don't get me wrong, I do not give two shits about whether any of you like me or not. I do, however, find it necessary to point out flawed argument like your. Jedi are based of of old mythology. They are warrior-monks. Your Tactical RPG, those are all based of of old stories. The statement; "There is nothing new under the sun." means not that there are no new objects, but that any idea, no matter how original you may think it is, has taken inspiration from older ideas, and has most likely been thought of before. Just because someone was the first to make something like, say, a TV, does not mean that they were the first to come up with the idea of a moving image. Normally, I try to avoid situations like this, where I have to type out a paragraph explaining why someone is wrong, but you have somehow, gone without hearing that extremely common phrase.

Also, just because something isn't completely original does not mean that it is bad. There are stereotypes, cliches and tropes is because they have been shown to resonate with people, as they are common situations. If you are going to rail against something, at least have a more well thought out argument other that "It isn't original". That is all I will say on the matter, I suggest you drop it before I am forced to continue.))

ScytoHarmony wrote:

(( You seriously can't see the difference between the two examples. Aon made a clear statement backed up by facts. You just littered yours with a big old 'fuck you' in the middle of it.

Since when was this arguement about ideas being based off of one another!? The whole thing started with me pointing out that the Babs Seed concept was not original because it was near identical to many before it. I'm not so uneducated to think Jedi, and every other spiritual warrior, are based off of warrior-monks, religious fights, etc. But the idea of Warriors following a semi-religion, using magic powers and weapons made of pure energy that only they can use, is pretty fucking unique.

I also never said that something is bad because it's not completely original, you assumed that. You also assumed that I am uneducated, don't know what I'm talking about, and spewing out of my ass.

Instead of making yourself look like a fool, which I can assure you is what you have been doing, maybe YOU should do some research, of the 'paying attention to what we're talking about' kind.

Welcome to the real world, XT, where as sad as it might be, you are capable of making mistakes. Would you like a cookie?

@Aon, Eh, I got a bunch of shit to do tonight, so I can't. ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:39 pm

XT Vengeance wrote:
Last wrote:

((You should definitely let us know when that happens. We shall go on a romp across the cosmos, slaughtering all who stand in our path.))

((Hopefully I'll have enough saved up in the next week and a half or so.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm

(( Tired Scyto hits Quote instead of Edit. Herpa Derp. ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:41 pm

((Okay, time to stop bickering and move it to PM's if you wish to continue))
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:42 pm

((I'm getting food. I'll be back in a bit.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:43 pm

CamoBadger wrote:((Okay, time to stop bickering and move it to PM's if you wish to continue))

(( I think it ended here.

Or, at least, hope it did. Either way, My side of the arguement is over.))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:48 pm

Last wrote:
Aonee wrote:((Okay guys I'm playing H4 with some Canadians so if you don't have it then sorry.))

((Orm and Scyto?))
((Nag, these are guys from Nova Scotia.))
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:49 pm

(( By the way, is there anyone left who's still on Thanksgiving Vacation? ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:52 pm

((Jacky might still be out but I think he's pretty much quit.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:54 pm

(( Yeah, it certainly seems that way.

Has everyone grabbed their new gear, or lack thereof?

I like that this IC hour break has taken a full week. ))
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 25, 2012 8:58 pm

((My characters grabbed everything they're going to.))

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

((I see you had some....fun...while I was sleeping...))
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Nov 25, 2012 9:00 pm

*Strolling through the armory* Hmmm... Let's see, it should be right here... *Reaches into a pile, and pulls out an odd looking broadsword*
Ah, there's my sword.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 20 of 34 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 27 ... 34  Next