Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Quotidian
Harmony Ltd.
Admiral Stoic Rum
WovenTales
Icy Shake
nebulous
Cptadder
tylertoon2
Stringtheory
CannonFodder
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
Downloaded Skill
Caoimhe
IncoherentOrange
O. Hinds
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Frost
Ironmonger
RoboRed
Necr0maNceR
CamoBadger
Kippershy
29 posters

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:38 pm

Alright, this is the random chat thread, so let's have a little game.

Complete this sentence--

I like my women how I like my coffee:

A.) hot and sweet
B.) strong and black
C.) ground up and in a bag
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 9 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:44 pm

Mister Frost wrote:Alright, this is the random chat thread, so let's have a little game.

Complete this sentence--

A.) hot and sweet
B.) strong and black
but what if I don't drink coffee?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:53 pm

stringtheory wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:Alright, this is the random chat thread, so let's have a little game.

Complete this sentence--

A.) hot and sweet
B.) strong and black

Works for wine, too.

I like my women how I like my wine:

A.) refined and tasteful
B.) mature and rich
C.) 12 years old and in my basement
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:58 pm

Mister Frost wrote:
stringtheory wrote:

Complete this sentence--

A.) hot and sweet
B.) strong and black

Works for wine, too.

I like my women how I like my wine:

A.) refined and tasteful
B.) mature and rich
C.) 12 years old and in my basement
again, what if I don't drink wine?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:59 pm

Everyone drinks wine, those that don't just haven't found the right vin yet.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:01 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Everyone drinks wine, those that don't just haven't found the right vin yet.
I've been taking sips of whatever alcohol my parents were drinking, and I do have to say it's an acquired taste
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:16 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Everyone drinks wine, those that don't just haven't found the right vin yet.

Even if they don't want to...why this is funny to me I have no idea.

All this talk about drinking makes me want to go to Oktoberfest. "The american in me wants to help my community...but the german in me wants to get drunk and assault people at the local Denny's"

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Nov 11, 2012 11:57 pm

As a person who doesn't drink da booze, I gotta say - if I did, it'd be wine. Well, that and gin, probably - it smells good (like insect repellent!) and I hear it burns. I drink hot sauce already and the burning is the second best part (flavor is the first best part).

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:54 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:As a person who doesn't drink da booze, I gotta say - if I did, it'd be wine. Well, that and gin, probably - it smells good (like insect repellent!) and I hear it burns. I drink hot sauce already and the burning is the second best part (flavor is the first best part).
All booze has flavor. For example Rum tastes like burning coming and going. But it's not a taste like a hot sauce where you feel burning, it's more a taste of heat. Meanwhile vodka tastes like rubbing alcohol and smells like it while really good vodka tastes much smoother (Drink both and compare) and smells like fresh rubbing alcohol. Gin tastes like a more woody version of vodka, your tasting the juniper berries and wormwood usually. Tequila tastes like used paint thinner. Scotch taste depends on who you get it from as you can get everything from "smokey honey" taste to "liquid band-aids and old medicine"

I'd go on but instead I suggest you simply go drinking. Find one of those bars with the try X things and do that over a few months.

*Edit
I forgot to add, the big thing with hard liquors is mixing them, for example if you like Dr Pepper you can try a Flaming Doctor Pepper which is a Dr Pepper that is 100% booze based yet tastes the same.

Last edited by Cptadder on Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:56 am

For breakfast today I had a bloody mary with peppercorn infused tequila instead of shit ass vodka. Good stuff.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:57 am

If I did drink, and I should probably say when I do, I'd drink something strong and fiery. Not Vodka, I've been hearing it's hard on the body.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:58 am

Ironmonger wrote:If I did drink, and I should probably say when I do, I'd drink something strong and fiery. Not Vodka, I've been hearing it's hard on the body.
You mix vodka you mix it. The best beginners drink in the world is a simple Screwdriver. Orange Juice+Vodka=Alcoholic Orange Juice, nothing to it.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 12, 2012 12:59 am

Vodka doesn't taste like anything and is therefore useless unless you love gross candy cocktails that are horrible for you considering the amount of sugary stuff you have to put in vodka to make it drinkable
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:02 am

Now you guys have my Committee thinking of what I can mix with what type of alcohol. One of the first things I do when I turn 21 is taking Frost and The Grimm Thinker to a bar.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:03 am

Just drink whiskey. Whiskey and ginger ale for plebs until you get used to the taste and then you can go manhattans and old fashioneds and open yourself up to scotch, rye, bourbon, etc
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:06 am

Caoimhe wrote:Vodka doesn't taste like anything and is therefore useless unless you love gross candy cocktails that are horrible for you considering the amount of sugary stuff you have to put in vodka to make it drinkable
Whaaa?
Okay sure... 90% of Vodka cocktails do involve sugary fruit drinks... okay 97%...
(Hits Google)
Okay... 99.999%, there are a few with Grapefruit which thanks to science you can get semi-sugar free. And there is always a mix with gin and lime to make a drink who's name I can't remember.

Caoimhe wrote:Just drink whiskey. Whiskey and ginger ale for plebs until you get used to the taste and then you can go manhattans and old fashioneds and open yourself up to scotch, rye, bourbon, etc
Caoimhe we know Iron, we know he's going to skip right by all that to go try the Jar with three X's. Walking right past the Jar with two X's.

Last edited by Cptadder on Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:07 am

I was just thinking of using grapefruit juice too...

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:08 am

Drinking vodka cocktails you don't get any affinity for liquor, you just learn how to add alcohol to juices. As a result there's a lot more sugar and calories in vodka cocktails which also leads to wicked hangovers
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:11 am

And me being out of shape. I'm just now getting into shape for military service, the idea of putting a ton of calories and sugar into my system is offensive. Twilight

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:12 am

P90x it and get hella swole.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am

Caoimhe wrote:Drinking vodka cocktails you don't get any affinity for liquor, you just learn how to add alcohol to juices. As a result there's a lot more sugar and calories in vodka cocktails which also leads to wicked hangovers
For some people, hangovers are unique to your... cultural background is the wrong word... genetic background is to specific. Gene makeup? Point is my entire family has a rare gene which results in 100% Rum avoidance from main line family members. We all get heartburn if we drink Rum in any amount. In fact the only what I even know what heart burn is because my uncles neglecting to warn me off Rum when I started drinking. But when I do get drunk, drunk enough to have motor control issues (As in crossing a room requires total concentration) I can wake up the next morning fine and headache free. I can and do get nauseous but headaches and sensitivity to noise are symptoms I've never experienced even the few times I've gone blackout drunk when I was younger.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 12, 2012 1:14 am

That's the program Frost uses, combine that with the fact he walks a few miles a day and takes like ten walks around his block put him in good shape within a few months.

And here I thought the P90x commercials was a scam... #Dumbass

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Nov 12, 2012 8:53 am

You guys know what would be cool to get ito? Parkour.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CannonFodder Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:01 am

Mister Frost wrote:You guys know what would be cool to get ito? Parkour.
Say goodbye to your ankles, knees, bones, hips, face.
CannonFodder
CannonFodder
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 5

http://cf6.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Nov 12, 2012 9:16 am

CannonFodder wrote:

If you're doing it wrong, yeah. One can expect quite a few tumbles at first but once one gets into the swing of things then accidents would be much less frequent
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:23 am

Mister Frost wrote:
CannonFodder wrote:

If you're doing it wrong, yeah. One can expect quite a few tumbles at first but once one gets into the swing of things then accidents would be much less frequent
Even if your doing it right say goodbye to your knees. Human knees are pretty pathetic and blow out easy. The top people in the Parkour scene has to stop after about nine or ten years because they have turned the moving parts in their knees into confetti. Our knees do not stand up well to repeated impacts and leaping off a ten foot tall wall onto grass is the same as a solid month of normal activity. We do not do falls well and the first part to fail is the knees. Find any Footballer or Soccer player who has kept their knees after a ten year career and I'll show you the goalkeeper or the kicker.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:34 am

I think that confirms what some people say about humans being dangerous only because of our mental capacity and tools. Physically we are pathetic compared to other creatures of similar size.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:36 am

Cptadder wrote:
Even if your doing it right say goodbye to your knees. Human knees are pretty pathetic and blow out easy. The top people in the Parkour scene has to stop after about nine or ten years because they have turned the moving parts in their knees into confetti. Our knees do not stand up well to repeated impacts and leaping off a ten foot tall wall onto grass is the same as a solid month of normal activity. We do not do falls well and the first part to fail is the knees. Find any Footballer or Soccer player who has kept their knees after a ten year career and I'll show you the goalkeeper or the kicker.
For a friend of mine, it didn't take him 10 years to hurt his knee playing football. Two of the tendons in one of his knees have been damaged, the first caused him to stop playing at first but he was asked to come back and play by the coaches. Then he hurt it again in a different spot a few weeks later. I guess you could factor in unlikely sudden damage, too.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:41 am

He's getting reconstructive surgery.

I can't do parkour or play any sports (nor do I really want to) until my left big toe heals. It's almost literally an Achilles' heel for me. Hit me there, and I often recoil rather severely. Just ask Ketchup. Y'see, I had an ingrown toenail about two years ago, and I had minor surgery to correct it. Parts of the removed tissue never healed; I have a slice (leftover from a wedge resection, as the procedure is called) in my nail plate with my toenail growing into it, but the toenail is no longer ingrown, itself. Now, get this: if an ingrown toenail persists after a treatment... another possible treatment is to destroy the germinal matrix, located in the brain. An American medical journal says so.

On an interesting note on the procedure, I was given Tylenol-3s (you know, the codeine variety). They really are potent. I only ever took one.

I've had the same flesh wound in my toe for two years, making the total number of years my big toe has been injured four.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Mon Nov 12, 2012 10:49 am

Right, back, and seems like this topic is the one to discuss season 3 in. Firstly, can say I was somewhat disappointed by quite a few things. Things I liked however was all the plotting and set ups for further episodes. Things I was quite "meh" at was Sombra being cardboard, magic once again saves the world and Dash having a huge lack of redeeming moments. And something that put me a bit on edge was the book Luna held in the end, along with Twilight having to "learn the importance/meaning of self-sacrifice" to "be ready"... and it just overall made me contemplate what the heck Cadance really is and comes from. She seems to have been the queen of the crystal empire if going logic wise. Also, just finally got what the fuck the whole "gak" thing was about xP But overall, a lot of mixed feelings about the episode, it felt a bit flat though. Still hoping for a few things in season 3, I doubt they'll happen, but I'd really want to see them... one that might happen would be EP's finally getting to do something. All other races has gotten to shine, even Zebras have "saved the day" with stuff only they could do or knew. Though, some things that got me thinking: Where did Sombra come from? There were no unicorns with the crystal ponies. And anyone else a bit unnerved that Celestia both knew dark magic, along with teaching it to Twilight?

Secondly, finally managed to nail an irl friends opinion on me down when it got concluded they didn't see me as a close friend, nor an "important" one, along with avoiding certain topics with me. So yay I guess, managed to figure that out at least. And my RP concludes that I have a terrible singing voice xD They thought my Dr Horrible costume was neat though... the ones who knew who he was hehe.

Thirdly, when I re-watched season 2, at the cutie pox episode, what seems very hinted to be AJ's parents are shown on a photo on the wall, anyone else notice this? Since overall fandom wise, none seems to have any idea what they look like or what happened to them. What happened to them I can agree to, but looks seems to be rather obvious if I were to guess logic wise.

@Frost: (Blueblood) Tbh, I see said idea as quite dumb, at least the last part. Would really doubt Celestia would set him up with mares, and as shown with Rarity, Cherilee or overall, ponies are way less superficial than humans. Thus, Blueblood would need to find his own mares if he wanted any, (not to mention he was related to Luna?) along with they would not bang him if he was a jerk. I could possibly seem him hanging out with the guards though.

@String: Discord was never really "evil" evil per say, more like chaotic neutral. Or in between, more neutral actually. Since he just messed with ponies, and the trickster deity in D&D is chaotic neutral. And discord is chaos, chaos is just chaotic. As said, he was mean, but not a "tyrant" tyrant, none had to starve or be "hurt", it just just total chaos and misery. And stuff... but anyhow, yeah, he was technically more "evil". Chrysalis could have lead the changelings in a "better" direction, question was if they could see it as an option, or if their nature allowed it. She was evil after all. (planned to starve Cadence to death, make Shining a carrot) could possibly just be in their nature, like drow. Or they just thought it was their only or best option.

@Cao: (dat fic) I am guessing it stuck with generic and bland porn? Even though it's the same boring crap that tries to rip off porn with flat characters, it somehow seems to do really well...

@EP: (wine) Like Eon Dwarves say: Even elven wine is better than water. :P
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 32  Next