Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+37
Derpmind
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
WovenTales
Scyto Harmony
Downloaded Skill
Kattlarv
nebulous
Vergil
Nightfire
Rafafidi
Somber
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Ametros
Valikdu
Katarn
RandomBlank
Meleagridis
iLateralGX
Icy Shake
WavemasterRyx
Sindri
Stringtheory
Cptadder
Theta
Ketchup
Ironmonger
O. Hinds
OneMoreDaySK
Aonee
IncoherentOrange
Caoimhe
RoboRed
tylertoon2
SilentCarto
41 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by WavemasterRyx Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:24 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:Is it weird that every-time I go out on a clear night, I send up a complement to Luna?
I would say "Not at all, I do it all the time." but I am hardly in any position to speak as to what is "weird" and what isn't, heh.

RoboRed wrote:RANDOM MOMENT OF UNRELATEDNESS:
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Ask_wa10
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RoboRed Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:25 pm

Works for me! Spike
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:36 pm

I don't know what's going on here, but okay...
[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 1fa4f734
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by nebulous Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:26 pm

WovenTales wrote:And I'm not sure how much she'd appreciate being the receptacle for your diseases.
Note to self: change target destination to Tartarus.
nebulous
nebulous
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 9

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:39 pm

Cptadder wrote:
SilentCarto wrote:[
That's my headcanon too. I don't see how Dash could be older than that and still be on active duty, nor AJ thinking about having kids.
I don't agree with the first point because Dash was a officer of anywhere from Commander to General rank which lets you be as old as you like and still on active duty.
Yeah, but Dash was still in prime condition -- good enough be a hard target when she left the Enclave after the end. And Gilda must've been the best bounty hunter they could get, or at least close enough to the best that her personal knowledge of the target was a deciding factor. You don't send an elderly assassin in favor of a young one just because they know the one they're going after (but you might send the third-best instead of the best because of an edge like that).
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:42 pm

SilentCarto wrote:The griffon's high-caliber pistols barked again and two more lines of pain tore through Rainbow Dash's hip and wing...

SilentCarto wrote:I have one for Hearth's Warming Eve. It's sort of a cross between a yule log and the Olympic torch relay...

Dangit, Carto. Stop being so awesome.

Dash clapping

Last edited by FeatherDust on Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:45 pm

Well, I got the apartment squared away today. Nice place. Deposits are anhilating my bank account though. 700 here. 100 there. 200 there. It's like "Really?" Yes, Really. Sigh... Once I make my first pay check I'll be fine, but that's not till the 20th! Ugh... ::slumps.::

This weekend I am moving so no internets. I've got a billion things to plan for school now and I'm so stressed... sigh... sorry. I'll stop bitching. I'm trying to dedicate one hour a night to writing. It feels like I'm writing at a glacial pace... but I'll get it done. As much as it hurts, I might drop to a chapter a month. I'm sorry, but it kills me to give so little when all of you deserve so much.

Anyway, so very sorry for the drama. I hope everything goes well for everyone. First week is always a mess so hopefully... ::Crosses fingers.::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:47 pm

Slow and steady wins the race, dahling. We're all behind you 100%! :)
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:53 pm

@Somber
*hugs*
It'll work out. We'll still be here for ya. Just focus on yourself and those kids you'll be teach'in. We can wait.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Aug 24, 2012 10:55 pm

Go Somber, we believe in you!

I wouldn't mind only a chapter a month if it meant less stress for you.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:00 pm

I hope it'll get less stressful in the future, once you're settled, but 1 chapter per month is fine nonetheless. You've got no deliberate pressure from me.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:12 am

Somber, it's okay.
We all understand and none of us want you to be unhappy or stressed.
Take as long as you need to get the story done, even if it takes longer then a month.

Getting yourself settled into your new life and work is much more important. You should be doing this because you want to for yourself, not because you feel obliged.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Downloaded Skill Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 am

Somber wrote:Well, I got the apartment squared away today. Nice place. Deposits are anhilating my bank account though. 700 here. 100 there. 200 there. It's like "Really?" Yes, Really. Sigh... Once I make my first pay check I'll be fine, but that's not till the 20th! Ugh... ::slumps.::

This weekend I am moving so no internets. I've got a billion things to plan for school now and I'm so stressed... sigh... sorry. I'll stop bitching. I'm trying to dedicate one hour a night to writing. It feels like I'm writing at a glacial pace... but I'll get it done. As much as it hurts, I might drop to a chapter a month. I'm sorry, but it kills me to give so little when all of you deserve so much.

Anyway, so very sorry for the drama. I hope everything goes well for everyone. First week is always a mess so hopefully... ::Crosses fingers.::

Don't be afraid to vent a little Somber, we all love you here and ultimately value your health and life more than the story. Do whatever is necessary to get your life in order before going back to writing. We understand and know you'll ultimately deliver no matter what.
Downloaded Skill
Downloaded Skill
Unicorn

Brohoof! : 81

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:22 am

Somber wrote:Well, I got the apartment squared away today. Nice place. Deposits are anhilating my bank account though. 700 here. 100 there. 200 there. It's like "Really?" Yes, Really. Sigh... Once I make my first pay check I'll be fine, but that's not till the 20th! Ugh... ::slumps.::

Good luck! You know that you can turn to us to support (or just to vent about Kid X who attends a third of the classes, writes in text-speak, and doesn't understand why they're failing (and, on that note, I'll paraphrase for you what my father told my mother when she started teaching English: If you do get students like that and start to be bothered by it, just remember the ones that have the lights come on. Granted, 11th grade English isn't quite the same as college freshman English, but...)).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:25 am

Caoimhe wrote:We're all behind you 100%! :)
OneMoreDaySK wrote:@Somber
*hugs*
It'll work out. We'll still be here for ya.
ScytoHarmony wrote:Go Somber, we believe in you!
ketchup504 wrote:You've got no deliberate pressure from me.
Kippershy wrote:Somber, it's okay.
We all understand and none of us want you to be unhappy or stressed.
Downloaded Skill wrote:
Don't be afraid to vent a little Somber, we all love you here and ultimately value your health and life more than the story.
O. Hinds wrote:
Good luck!
Rar! I do not believe in you, I am the grumpy person who never smiles and spends the first half of the movie doing nothing but putting you down and rigging the sporting event in question against you. I will be taciturn, hostile and closed because I see myself in you and I resent your success while secretly being proud of you. At the end of the movie when you've won the big game despite my efforts I will lift a single eyebrow, maybe give a slight head nod or acknowledgement of your existence right before I stand up to start the slow clap that gets everyone to all join in and cheer their heads off right before the credits role.

So I'll just be over here with my clipboard scowling and writing things down while shaking my head. Coo
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:27 am

Actually, O. Hinds, if Somber's teaching AP English III, then it is College Freshman English... Unless he's already specified which course he's teaching in which case my point is moot.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:33 am

I don't know you very well at all, Somber, and you don't know me, but I can tell that many of the people here consider you their favorite author. (I don't... yet.) I can also tell that nothing you do, short of stopping the story completely, will make the people here feel let down by you. As long as the engine still runs until it reaches its destination, no matter how slowly, you have the full support of the people here. And even if you never end the story, you've written something that people have enjoyed, and I cannot imagine anything better than having provided enjoyment to those around me, and as a writer several dozen calibers above me, I'm sure you feel the same way. And, considering what you've been going through, many lesser authors might've given up long ago. It'd be perfectly understandable if this story weighed your heavily-burdened life down too much to continue. No matter what you do, these people won't be disappointed in you; you've given them a lot already.
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:39 am

A chapter a month is way more than I would reasonably hope for, honestly, from how much other and more important stuff you have to deal with now. And Somber, it's good to vent a little... or alot. If you don't talk to someone in someway, then you're gonna be stuck bugging yourself about your problems, and that's no fun. You'll grow grumpy-pants and you may spontaneously explode with great frequency!

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 2113965524
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:22 am

It's okay to complain if you need to vent stress, sir, venting is very important and healthy. Are you going to be okay, sir? Please let me know, and I'll be happy to send what I can.

One hour a night to writing is just fine, anything you can put into writing is fine, and I don't think any of us would hold it against you for getting out one chapter a month or however long it might take.

Just always try the best you can, whatever that "best" happens to be, and take care of yourself, sir. I do hope the move goes smoothly for you.
*hugs you gently*
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:30 am

Don't worry about it, dude. It's important that you get on your feet first. I've got plenty of stuff here besides PH to keep my interest and hang around. It's not like we're abandoning you.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:30 am

It's an AP English course? Hmm, those kids should have more dedication and creativity. You could have them do a creative writing exercise in writing a short story based on a popular movie or TV show and see what happens. :P
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:38 am

Okies. This is Somber 13, going to the darkside of the moon. Goodluck and Godspeed. I should be out by tuesday if my internet can get hooked up in time...
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:41 am

Good luck, Somber.
Best wishes to you.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:22 am

Somber wrote:Okies. This is Somber 13, going to the darkside of the moon. Goodluck and Godspeed. I should be out by tuesday if my internet can get hooked up in time...
Good luck... and Celestiaspeed.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by IncoherentOrange Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:31 am

swicked wrote:...so, somber isn't watching right now? We can talk about anything we want and she won't be around to tell us to stop for three whole days? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 2113965524

We've been told to stop?
IncoherentOrange
IncoherentOrange
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 22

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:45 am

IncoherentOrange wrote:
swicked wrote:...so, somber isn't watching right now? We can talk about anything we want and she won't be around to tell us to stop for three whole days? [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 2113965524

We've been told to stop?

QUICK START TALKING ABOUT INAPPROPRIATE THINGS!
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:00 pm

tylertoon2 wrote:

We are going to have to check to see what people consider inappropriate, I mean no offense but some of us have set the bar pretty high....
Or would that be pretty low?

Wait I've got something, lets go waay off topic
Okay, first off I love the Rooster Teeth podcast and the stories they tell, even better is the animated adventures that get put together out of the stories on each episode.
Drunk Gavin
Each is about a solid minute of gold comedy.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:16 pm

Somber wrote:Okies. This is Somber 13, going to the darkside of the moon. Goodluck and Godspeed. I should be out by tuesday if my internet can get hooked up in time...
Give em' hell, soldier.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:17 pm

Cptadder wrote:
tylertoon2 wrote:

We are going to have to check to see what people consider inappropriate, I mean no offense but some of us have set the bar pretty high....
Or would that be pretty low?

Wait I've got something, lets go waay off topic
Okay, first off I love the Rooster Teeth podcast and the stories they tell, even better is the animated adventures that get put together out of the stories on each episode.
Drunk Gavin
Each is about a solid minute of gold comedy.

I love Gavin. He is such a loveable idiot.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:52 pm

May Luna guide your path.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next