Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+45
Wigglejigglesquiggle
Rickyking
CamoBadger
LordsServant
Mobius04
Princess Celestia
Vergil
Quotidian
Rafafidi
OneMoreDaySK
RandomBlank
Snowy Flanks
Icy Shake
hawkeye92
Mister Nikel
Moodyman90
The Holy Tuna
Professor Whooves
Stringtheory
tylertoon2
Ametros
Scootayay
Valikdu
Katarn
Jeremyrush
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
jacky2734
FeatherDust
Scyto Harmony
MrMagma
Sindri
juleppony
Derpmind
WavemasterRyx
Ketchup
NoodleNugget
Admiral Stoic Rum
Aonee
RoboRed
Cptadder
Kippershy
Kattlarv
Somber
SilentCarto
49 posters

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by NoodleNugget Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:31 am

Hey Somber.
Spoiler:

NoodleNugget
Pegasus

Brohoof! : 36

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by RandomBlank Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:03 am

Much-requested sequel to "Upon the Stars", which I consider a very loosely "alternate universe" version of FoE... one where the rulers of the nations of ponies and the zebras enter into a much more (much more) friendly relationship and the war is averted and prevented for good, before it could even have a chance to happen...

Bright (though with its own good deal of darkness and mythology), adventurey, quite humorous (Trollestia at her best), and strongly cloppy.

BTW, any willing prereaders/editors?
(warning, it's LONG. Currently >160 pages. Finished it will be some 170-180 pages long.)
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:13 am

At least a week and some. Probably more, maybe a month :P
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:57 am

Have some commentary-thing! It's... stuff! I don't know, I think I'm still half asleep and my fingers are frickin' freezing right now, so I'm probably making typos all over the place. Thinking slower, too, since the act of typing up stuff is a way of helping to process information, so when THAT'S slower, it stands to reason that thought would be affected. Anyway. Chapter 46!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:21 am

and re: your edit:

Celestia is really getting lonely. No pony ever dares to approach her on a closer ground than a ruler, a goddess, at best a teacher. And she has her own reservations too. Besides, her engaging in such "personal affairs" would be definitely frowned upon...

But if she manages to find the one soul with whom she could really feel at ease? How can they stay together? How to make it so that the two can stay together without causing a scandal, without weakening their power and endangering their nations?

The solution is a prank of unprecedented scale.
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Mon Jun 18, 2012 9:48 am

Mules are not getting hate, they are getting despise. They are considered a "worse kind". Useless, worthless, meaningless. Nobody misses them...
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:08 am

swicked wrote:Do you think Shears made them?
I dunno, there's something about the way he said "Oh, these prevent enervation damage. How do they work? Crazy zebra magic, heck if I know. How can we be sure they'll work? When we don't die."
It seems to me like he should have just said "You know what? Don't ask about them; I'm not going to tell you."
I absolutely think Shears made them. He's the one person in the entire Hoof with direct, firsthand knowledge of "ancient zebra magic" -- and the particular ancient zebra magic we know he knows is intimately tied up with the source of Enervation itself.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:For the record, part of me is even suspicious of Graves. Why? I think she might be the original Angel of Death.
Eh, highly dubious. While you can create a soul jar with only a sliver of soul, adding someone to the Eternity core seems to be a fatal process. And anyway, Tulip's murder doesn't seem to match the AoD's MO at all. The AoD targeted children and those in severe suffering -- Tulip wasn't -- and her known methods of murder have been stabbing and strangulation. It really looks more like someone overheard BJ talking about EC-1101 and killed her to keep her from getting in on the Hightower run for some reason.

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Ghouls and their fake names, right? Any bets on whether Ahuizotl is Kingpin/was close to him? ‘Cos from the sound of his information, that’s either a legendary treasure sort of deal or Ahuizotl’s got the inside scoop.
If he was Kingpin, he wouldn't need whatever information is in the cell. He'd know it already. I'll grant that maybe Ahuizotl was one of Kingpin's lieutenants or something. He strikes me as distinctly small-time, though. His biggest worry is competition from another bar!

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Dang it, someone in the group has gotta be out to get the rest. That’s how these things work. Maybe it’s the too-obvious one, Carrion, but I don’t see what Ahuizotl would get out of killing Blackjack et al. in Hightower. Carrion would not make it out alive without the rest (probably… he’s good, but not that good), so if he’s after EC-1101 or working for the Harbingers or something, his plan kinda sucks. I think he might be legitimately after what he says he’s after.
I agree... Ahuizotl's a snake, but it's to his advantage to be on the up-and-up in this case. I'm distrustful of exactly what he's after, though. What good is a big pile of pre-war cash? Maybe that's just his ghoul-blindness, but I'd suspect that he's after something much more important. Information? A weapon? Kingpin's Eternity core?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:13 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:So again, we come to Graves. Her reason for going in is that she doesn’t want anyone else to die from it. Okay, well, that works for crazy goodiest-good ponies. Maybe she feels as though she has to atone for her role, however small, in making that place what it is today (not that what it was was much better). I dunno, I still don’t trust her much. I’ll be on the lookout for feats of crazy strength.
Holy waitaminute. Crazy theory time!

Crazy Theory: Nurse Graves' Secret Mission
Nurse Graves knew EC-1101 intimately enough to guess its identity based on BJ "following an old program's routing path", and directed her to Shears, who knows everything about everything about Eternity. Graves has also dedicated her unlife to helping Dr. Wheelbarrow cure ghoulification. What if these are the same goal?

A ghoul is basically a dead body that manages to retain its soul. But the soul is weak, unprotected. To undo ghoulification, then, you need to create a new, living body with the soul bound to it. One way to bind the soul more securely would be to stick it in an Eternity core, right? And then you can disintegrate the ghoul body and the core should regenerate a healthy, living body, right?

And, following that train of thought, what would happen if you stuck a ghoul's soul into a living, but soulless, body... like a Blank?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RandomBlank Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:30 am

Nah, nopony ever asked him about that. :)
RandomBlank
RandomBlank
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 10:49 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:So again, we come to Graves. Her reason for going in is that she doesn’t want anyone else to die from it. Okay, well, that works for crazy goodiest-good ponies. Maybe she feels as though she has to atone for her role, however small, in making that place what it is today (not that what it was was much better). I dunno, I still don’t trust her much. I’ll be on the lookout for feats of crazy strength.
Holy waitaminute. Crazy theory time!

Crazy Theory: Nurse Graves' Secret Mission
Nurse Graves knew EC-1101 intimately enough to guess its identity based on BJ "following an old program's routing path", and directed her to Shears, who knows everything about everything about Eternity. Graves has also dedicated her unlife to helping Dr. Wheelbarrow cure ghoulification. What if these are the same goal?

A ghoul is basically a dead body that manages to retain its soul. But the soul is weak, unprotected. To undo ghoulification, then, you need to create a new, living body with the soul bound to it. One way to bind the soul more securely would be to stick it in an Eternity core, right? And then you can disintegrate the ghoul body and the core should regenerate a healthy, living body, right?

And, following that train of thought, what would happen if you stuck a ghoul's soul into a living, but soulless, body... like a Blank?

I reckon it'd work - the only trouble is that the project chimera base of operations is destroyed - and BJ wouldn't give up Boo for anypony besides Glory or somepony close to her.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 12:36 pm

In no way at all in the slightest related to horizons... but they just arrived.

Spoiler:

And they're too damn cute to hide.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:19 pm

Kippershy wrote:In no way at all in the slightest related to horizons... but they just arrived.

Spoiler:

Those are pretty awesome. How much did you pay for them?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 1:34 pm

95 USD with international shipping to UK (was meant to be 108, but got some of it knocked off for buying two in one go being shipped at the same time/to the same place.)
(60 GBP)

Just had to pay another £20 (GBP) to get it from the post office due to customs + VAT (tax) which sucked balls, but heh, what can ya do?

So 80GBP total for the both of them.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:09 pm

Kippershy wrote:In no way at all in the slightest related to horizons... but they just arrived.

Spoiler:

HNNNGGGGGG
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 2:13 pm

You can't see it very well in the pictures, but derpy has derped eyes =3 so damned cute.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:08 pm

Thanks a ton for the reviews. I know a lot of people read, at least I hope they do, but it's the reviews and feedback that really keep everything going.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 18, 2012 3:20 pm

*salutes* O Captain! My Captain!
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:14 pm

Hm. Given that Softheart's case suggests that the Eternity core talisman has always been "leaky", I wonder if the zebra immunity to pony telepathy is what made Shujaa able to harbor it without turning into a Rampage-style mind hive.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:22 pm

Somber wrote:Thanks a ton for the reviews. I know a lot of people read, at least I hope they do, but it's the reviews and feedback that really keep everything going.

I know exactly how you feel. Knowing that people are reading your writing is nice, but it sure as hell doesn't beat the feeling of knowing that not only are they reading, but they're taking it in and telling you what doesn't work, what does work and what not only works - but is fucking amazing.

Let me remind you... ALL your work is fucking amazing.
There are tiny pieces here and there that occasionally don't work before an edit is made, or an explanation is given to confirm theory (recent example: my theory over the suit.)

but yeah. I know how you feel.

My story has 2,368 views total, that feels good... I never expected it to go anywhere at all.
You know what feels better? Getting a single review from Swicked, as it contains more then just "this was a good chapter" and leaving it at that.
So yeah. I completely understand how you feel, and I promise I'll put as much effort as I can into reviews for you in future (not that I was trying to slack off last time).

Just know that your work is breathtaking.
You stun me with every word and amaze me over and over again with every passing paragraph.

Normally I have a way with words - but around your work I find myself completely at a loss, because I know nothing I could manage to say would be good enough.
No comment nor compliment deserves to stand next to your work.

So be proud Somber. Be proud of your work and yourself, for being able to write on such a level that would get you fame and best selling labels were it not for copyright.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:36 pm

Somber wrote:Thanks a ton for the reviews. I know a lot of people
read, at least I hope they do, but it's the reviews and feedback that
really keep everything going.
I'm working on it, sir! Really...

SilentCarto wrote:Crazy Theory: Nurse Graves' Secret Mission
That... actually doesn't sound all that crazy... It would actually make a lot of sense, especially with the support she's getting from Windclop.
I wasn't suspicious of them at all originally but now I totally am, lol...

Sure it's related to PH, it's a Glory doll, right? Derpy is related to everything.
So expensive though man, but definitely cute.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:41 pm

Sorry for not having constructive reviews, Kipper. I try.
I couldn't really do 46 when I read it, I had company.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:47 pm

Nah nah nah, it's fine.
For me - I can get by without reviews. they help a god damned lot in keeping spirits high but they're not as essential for me as they are for Somber.

The thing that Crimson and Cherry have going - although brought about quick, is something special to me and that alone is enough to drive me, let alone the story I have planned and want to show the world

(I know they're moving fast, but in a world filled with death and decay, even if you are brought up in a safe-zone, feelings will still move a little faster then they would in ours. Then there's natural chemistry and all that to consider too)

The reason I brought it up was so Somber might see I truly do understand what he means.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:48 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:
Sure it's related to PH, it's a Glory doll, right? Derpy is related to everything.
So expensive though man, but definitely cute.

You wanna see the other stuff that was selling on ebay. these were cheap in comparison (which was why I ended up buying them)

edit: though I was (and still am) totally considering ordering a blackjack plushie from the person who made one.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Mon Jun 18, 2012 4:51 pm

Kippershy wrote:Nah nah nah, it's fine.
For me - I can get by without reviews. they help a god damned lot in keeping spirits high but they're not as essential for me as they are for Somber.

The thing that Crimson and Cherry have going - although brought about quick, is something special to me and that alone is enough to drive me, let alone the story I have planned and want to show the world

(I know they're moving fast, but in a world filled with death and decay, even if you are brought up in a safe-zone, feelings will still move a little faster then they would in ours. Then there's natural chemistry and all that to consider too)

The reason I brought it up was so Somber might see I truly do understand what he means.
Not to mention you have to get at least far enough to get to the PHRP cameo :p
Speaking of which, since we're up and running by now, you gonna drop back in?
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:00 pm

Aonee wrote:

Not to mention you have to get at least far enough to get to the PHRP cameo :p
Speaking of which, since we're up and running by now, you gonna drop back in?

If it wasn't for the 6am start tomorrow at work, completely would.
I' wanted to yesterday - but was busy with the chapter release (I think... was it yesterday I did my review? or the day before? I don't even know) or something, if not that. Today I was busy getting chapter 10 written for my story, since my progress on that has been absolutely appalling (only at 1,500 words currently) and now it's 10pm and I have work tomorrow and augh. -.-

Tomorrow I'll join in once you're all around and all that, even if I'm writing just give me a nudge (or get Katarn to) and I'll be sure to join in, as I have Wednesday off.
Also have Friday off so I can do it Thursday night too.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:13 pm

You wanna see the other stuff that was selling on
ebay. these were cheap in comparison (which was why I ended up buying
them)
edit: though I was (and still am) totally considering ordering a blackjack plushie from the person who made one.
- Really, I'm going to get to actually reading your story, soon, I swear...
- Oh I know those are pretty cheap compared to like the 2-4k some stuff costs, but heck even 10$ is expensive for me.
- Blackjack plushie is adorable, I wouldn't blame you for wanting one heh.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:18 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:

You wanna see the other stuff that was selling on
ebay. these were cheap in comparison (which was why I ended up buying
them)
- Really, I'm going to get to actually reading your story, soon, I swear...
- Oh I know those are pretty cheap compared to like the 2-4k some stuff costs, but heck even 10$ is expensive for me.
- Blackjack plushie is adorable, I wouldn't blame you for wanting one heh.

This time four weeks ago I had £2,000 ($3,132)
between rent, council tax, food, shrooms & plushies I spent 1k of that ($1565 or so)
Now I've been paid again I have £1,800 ($2,819)

...Stuff like that is child's play to me. so my friends on steam were able to convince me to buy the plushies.
don't regret at all, though I do hate that I got mugged off with the whole customs bullshit.

I would totally buy you and Somber a plushie each if they were cheap enough and it came to it. lol.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:23 pm

Oh - and if you don't end up reading it, it's fine.
obviously I'd love it if you did, but no pressure to since it really isn't as good as Sombers work and thus shouldn't be given priority by any means at all over anything relating to anything PH
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:30 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Ya' know...I kinda am, too...Of course, I'd have to answer to my parents if they found it...(/stillhaven'ttoldthem)
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Jun 18, 2012 5:41 pm

RoboRed wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Ya' know...I kinda am, too...Of course, I'd have to answer to my parents if they found it...(/stillhaven'ttoldthem)

My family, a good portion of the people I work with and even my old through work further education coach (standardised thing to try make the company look good by giving people qualifications across the board) know I'm the author of a story involving fallout Equestria.

Some of the workmates know about chapter 8 of my story (darkest scene yet is in the middle of it)

I have three little figures, one of them my brother bought me out on honeymoon - and my mum delivered it to me with my half-sister.

I don't give no fucks.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 19 ... 30  Next