Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Rafafidi
Regolit
Paper Airplane
Jeremyrush
Valikdu
Mech
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Snipehamster
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
NoodleNugget
FeatherDust
Somber
Moodyman90
Katarn
Aonee
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
RandomBlank
RoboRed
Quotidian
Icy Shake
Rboy474
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
Orm
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Sindri
MrMagma
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Derpmind
Kippershy
Meleagridis
SilentCarto
43 posters

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:17 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:

Speaking of that, Katarn made this out of Swicked's "Legend of Blackjack." poem.
I was hoping anonemous would sing it.
That was pretty cool.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Katarn Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:21 pm

I..um..it's thanks to swicked, I just applied proper music Shy
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:39 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Took me long enough, but I finally finished...
Warning: may cause heart and/or soul damage.

http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/24807396426

I think what I'll most likely do is keep posting links here, then post direct images in a few commandeered posts in the "PH fan art thread" where I keep a static archive of the pictures. Or something. I'll figure it out when it isn't 4:32 in the morning,.
Awwwww... is that Psychoshy with "Run away run away run away" written behind her? And is Rampage the face in the upper left, next to Mercy?
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:40 pm

Swicked wrote:I'd like it if, at some point, Blackjack ran into a filly that wouldn't stop going on about how massive and epic Security is, similar to how Blackjack goes on about the stable dweller, and actually ended up arguing with her to try and convince her that the stable dweller's the epic one, not Security. I just love it when Blackjack uses her child at heart perk.
Careful, you'll give Somber ideas again. :)

Now how could we make this happen... she's too familiar in Chapel, so that's out... merchants from outside the Hoof?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 10, 2012 2:51 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Swicked wrote:I'd like it if, at some point,
Blackjack ran into a filly that wouldn't stop going on about how massive
and epic Security is, similar to how Blackjack goes on about the stable
dweller, and actually ended up arguing with her to try and convince her
that the stable dweller's the epic one, not Security. I just love it
when Blackjack uses her child at heart perk.
Careful, you'll give Somber ideas again. :)

Now how could we make this happen... she's too familiar in Chapel, so that's out... merchants from outside the Hoof?
Could just be a caravan, driven west(east?) by rumors of Redeye snatching up people in preparation for the coming fight. Besides the rumors being spread around by the Harbingers of easy loot in the Hoofington ruins. It makes perfect sense for one of the independent Caravans to swing Hoofingtons way with all the issues with Redeye. Just toss in a old timer with a pipbuck to catch the broadcasts and the precocious filly to bug him/her to play the radio so she can follow along with the exploite of the Vault Dweller and Security.

Now that lets you toss in a bit about the two of them arguing about exactly how many rocket launchers and cannons the Vault Dweller has before the filly gushes about Security.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 118

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sun Jun 10, 2012 3:19 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Careful, you'll give Somber ideas again. :)
Even someplace like Flank, she's enough of an unknown for people to make up their own stories.

"I was in the parking garage across from the Exchange, I saw the WHOLE THING! This pegasus in bug-lookin' armor brought Security a couple of ghosts to help her out (No, really, they were flying through walls and everything!), and when Deus got up to the top of the building, she climbed up there and started fighting him with a shotgun! Yeah, a shotgun! And he's like, BOOM BOOM BOOM, but she kept running ahead of him, then she's just like, WHOOSH, and all the sudden she's right in his face! She ducked under him and... yeah, you know what happened next. Well, so he goes NUTS, no pun intended, and she just starts swinging around all his tubes and cables and stuff, but then just when he grabs her and throws her off, one of her ghosts comes up through the floor with this huge bomb and... well, you saw what happened to the Exchange building! And, and for a second it looked like he survived that somehow, but then he exploded AGAIN! Yeah, that can happen! I dunno how! And then everything collapsed, but Security walks up to what's left of him and puts her gun up to his brain box thingie and she's like, 'Hasta la vista,' and bang!
And then she came back to Flank yesterday, and she's wearing Deus's legs now! No shit!"
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:15 pm

Silent, that is gossip gold, all truth but not exactly fact I love it
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:39 pm

I just tried to compile a list of actors which I'd like to have voicing the PH characters.
I had to stop because it turned out to be basically the cast of Mass Effect with a few additions from recently cancelled shows.

Horizons need broadening.
(the last part means my own horizons of knowledge, not... forget it)

Last edited by Valikdu on Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Jun 10, 2012 4:43 pm

I vote grreg Ayres for P21

I lik 2 minutes 20 seconds in
and 3:min 28 seconds in
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:09 pm

WavemasterRyx wrote:Took me long enough, but I finally finished...
Warning: may cause heart and/or soul damage.

http://boo-project-horizons.tumblr.com/post/24807396426
Poor Boo...she's so sad...:(
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jun 10, 2012 7:44 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:I vote grreg Ayres for P21

I lik 2 minutes 20 seconds in
and 3:min 28 seconds in
That video has captions... Fluttershy
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Paper Airplane Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:35 pm

I finally got time to read the newest chapter. Good as ever! I cracked up at the Dues Ex reference.

I still don't like Stygius though. I don't see what anypony sees in him, he's pretty manipulative, selfish, and just not very smart. Yet he's instantly loved by anypony who sees him. I was a little disappointed he didn't die in the fight with Steel Rain.

I also laughed pretty hard when Twist mentioned that Psalm was her girlfriend. "Project Horizons, where everyone is gay."

As for the end of the chapter, oh shit. Blackjacks got herself into another one, hopefully she'll be able to talk her way out of it, but I doubt they'll trust a newcomer. Especially a non-ghoul one. I can't wait for 46!
Paper Airplane
Paper Airplane
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 pm

TheLastDefender wrote:Speaking of that, Katarn made this out of Swicked's "Legend of Blackjack." poem.
I was hoping anonemous would sing it.

no, we need we need it done to the tune of 'Big Iron', and have it sung by Marty Robbins (or whoever sung 'Big Iron'), I would pay good money to hear that
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:14 pm

Daily check, Is everyone feeling good today?

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:15 pm

Nightfire wrote:Daily check, Is everyone feeling good today?
I'm feeling good so far. How's your day been?

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:16 pm

Yup, I'm good here. Not much going on at the home front.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:20 pm

guarddogjr wrote:
I'm fine, randomly depressed but fine, Thanks for asking. ^-^

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:30 pm

Nightfire wrote:
guarddogjr wrote:
My dog jumped in a lake because she wanted to eat a swan, which would be fine by me but the two thousand dollar fine for killing a protected species inside city limits.... well who has two thousand dollars sitting around anyway? And the fact I had to go in after her to get her... into the lake I mean and I don't know if you know this but eight month old huskies are strong and can if they really want to tow you around in their quests to eat that gorgeous and expensive bird.

Luckily I was, A wearing shorts, B dropped my phone and wallet on the shore first, C, it was a hot day so the dip in the lake was not as bad as it could have been and D, she did not get far into the lake before I snagged her so I was able to lift her out of the water before she could pull me halfway across the lake to get her swan.

Have I mentioned in my short time here that I don't go in for small disasters, if something is going to go wrong by God I want a crowd of onlookers stopping to watch when it's going on.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:33 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Nightfire wrote:
guarddogjr wrote:
My dog jumped in a lake because she wanted to eat a swan, which would be fine by me but the two thousand dollar fine for killing a protected species inside city limits.... well who has two thousand dollars sitting around anyway? And the fact I had to go in after her to get her... into the lake I mean and I don't know if you know this but eight month old huskies are strong and can if they really want to tow you around in their quests to eat that gorgeous and expensive bird.

Luckily I was, A wearing shorts, B dropped my phone and wallet on the shore first, C, it was a hot day so the dip in the lake was not as bad as it could have been and D, she did not get far into the lake before I snagged her so I was able to lift her out of the water before she could pull me halfway across the lake to get her swan.

Have I mentioned in my short time here that I don't go in for small disasters, if something is going to go wrong by God I want a crowd of onlookers stopping to watch when it's going on.
I just have this mental image of some guy jumping in the lake in front of the Washington Monument in DC, lifting a Husky over his head. It's glourious
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:35 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Nightfire wrote:
guarddogjr wrote:

Is it bad if I laughed at all of this because I can picture my own puppy doing it?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Cptadder Sun Jun 10, 2012 9:50 pm

Ice Crystal wrote:
Is it bad if I laughed at all of this because I can picture my own puppy doing it?
Comedy=Tragedy plus time as they say. The smaller the tragedy means the less time required before we can all have a good laugh. For you my theoretical onlooker your tragedy time is very small because all that happened to you was you watched a man jumped into a lake chasing a dog. Your tragedy time was about a tenth of a second so the time to comedy is very short. For myself as the lake jumper the tragedy is a bit longer as I'm still wet and now have a very wet dog to wrangle back into the car along with myself and I've only got one towel. Thus my tragedy is about an hour and a half (Walk+drive+dry off times) so my comedy time is longer, in my case about four hours.

By the Monday meeting I'll be telling this story for laughs to fill some dead air which inevitably crops up in any time when multiple people must share a space by order of an authority figure. My great long term regret was not to have someone quick enough with the cell phone camera for that extra bit of instant Youtube Shame/Fame.

Sad to say I have plenty of these stories, several of which are still waiting until enough time has happened before they are funny.
Cptadder
Cptadder
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:03 pm

swicked wrote:I'm sure BJ will have no trouble getting out of it. Someone will vouch for her and she'll just be treated with suspicion. It's not like Somber would drag this out with a long prison or trial charade.

but that would be hilarious, and would probably drop even more guilt on Blackjack as the computer/robot, interrogating her or presiding over her 'trial' knows exactly how many crimes she's committed, ex. 300 counts of murder, 200 counts of self-defense, 2,000,000,000 bits worth of property damage, and 50 counts of illegal possession of a firearm, explanation how it knows this: link

Last edited by stringtheory on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:17 pm

Firstly: Buck me I missed many pages, like always...

@O.Hinds: Oh, and just to make sure: Psalm had a radsuit right? Or Some equivalance of it, seeing how she went out into a heavily irradiated, kill you in seconds area. Since I doubt she stayed in tenpony for a few decades. Then again, she could have gotten one inside tenpony likely.

(Moved up reply) So, I take that as "she went back to the middle of the tower quickly and avoided the worst burns of the balefire somehow" or?

@Silent: (Pinkie) I know, but as said, it "conviviality places the MoM and Tenpony building, juuust right.", plus, that sniper rifle is like, THE shit. (x-ray, incredible penetration abilites, super long zoom and all that) And wasn't bypass spells made AFTER the war though? Or if just calling it very, very super high tech.

(BM) Since it goes against my autism. And as said, that scene doesn't seem to hint that he actually did anything, just shouted, then got shot. And then who was shot by their own bullet? I know AJ complained when they developed armour piercing bullets that could penetrate their own power armour. And wasn't that she was upset on Braeburn for? Or am I completely mixing things up here?

@Kipper: (TMI)
Spoiler:

(Drugs) Yeah, I only got a basic understanding in the matter, but I know some of the "illegal" drugs are not really "bad". Some are just banned since they're too easy to obtain, so some medical thingamajigs wouldn't be able to sell expensive medicine that does less. And yeah, as said. If alcohol and tobacco had been invented today, they would have been illegal. But they have been part of our lifestyle for ages. Both are about as useful as a stick in the ass however imo. At least tobacco/nicotine. (both have the same "introduction" though: Shove a stick up your ass enough times till it doesn't hurt any more.) then when it's gone enough time and it really is itching, you go ahead and pull the stick out and apply some soothing cream, helping you focus and relax. Then it goes a while, and the stick in your ass begins to irritate again. That's at least my PoV on it, except that you pay good money to have this stick shoved up your ass.

And alcohol is out of my question most of it, most of it tastes rancid, since I got no tonsils, and even before that, I couldn't drink fizzy drinks. If I could choose, I'd stick with endorphins xD But alas. I can't have shit of anything... always wanted to try weed though. It's at least one of the drugs that doesn't permanently or majorly fucks you up xP

@Derp: (alcohol) Vikings had a quite good method if a baby was being annoying, 1: dip a cloth rag in mead. 2: Give to baby. 3: ??? 4: Profit! [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 779695502

@Ice: "Field medic" is kind of one of my favourite things to play in RPG's. Can't stand "medical stuff" irl though ^^'

@Sindri; (and the rest, Twi magic) While I could see her doing something like that, she'd really fuck it for any of her unwanted children if they're not unicorns xP

@Everypony: (P-21/locking the door) Why would a magical door that could ONLY be opened by Twilight or descendant have a lock, which some random above average pony would be able to tamper with?

@Night: (Assistance) ... I will respectfully keep quiet xD
Also, low five! like a high one, but for depressed people :P

@Everypony: (BJ fan filly) Could be a blind pony, thus it wouldn't see how she looks like, or stuff.

@Waffly: (Gay) It fits my FoE's Tabletops "majority is bi/pan" setting xP Also, if you haven't noticed, most same sex couples in PH have "normal" relationships while the straight characters are kind of fucked up, messes up, sluts (both genders, I've told of my PoV of the difference of "slut" and "stud/player") or deranged in some way xD At least from what I recall. Not as bad as the FoE's "90 % of males are rapists, females are incapable of rape" thing, but yeah :P (and I've ranted about that a few to many times, and I did write a vent fic about it, working on the second one [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 13 3463467734 )

Ugh... on a side note, back's been acting up like hell... and I got a feeling I will have "one of those" morning dews when I wake up later today...
And seriosly, stop being so damn active, I'm a very... something person, don't make me do stuff that'll stun you to silence! I'm warning you, I might do it! xD I'll expose... something, yes! Something! Fear my something! Rawr!
On a last final side note with the heigh/weight thing, last I checked and if I recall right, I'm between 170 cm and 180 cm. And weigh around 60-70 kg.
And for the love of goddess! Who calls me at 2 am to tell me "I'm constipated! I'm to big, my sphincter hurts. What should I do?"? And stop looking at me like that gecko! Go back to your egg carton and lick your eyeballs! ... I need to go to bed soon... and go up in a good time...
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:26 pm

I've been sick for 5 days, I still am, and my English exam is tomorrow. Material isn't a problem, its all vocabulary, and a little essay, which is where I'll lose marks. Just how the cookie crumbles. Otherwise, still fine, and I just watched the Captain America movie. It was fine. I also watched Red Dawn yesterday, an older Cold War film. Classic stuff, that one...
WOLVERINES!!!

stringtheory wrote:
but that would be hilarious, and would probably drop even more guilt on Blackjack as the computer/robot, interrogating her or presiding over her 'trial' knows exactly how many crimes she's committed, ex. 300 counts of murder, 200 counts of self-defense, 2,000,000,000 bits worth of property damage, and 50 counts of illegal possession of a firearm, explanation for this: link
Best explanation possible for any estimate like that. Although, someone probably could count the amount of kills Blackjack has against other sentients and creatures and other goody statistics. I love statistics.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:37 pm

Kattlarv, this may seem like a silly question, but is the gecko real? Or is it an imaginary friend or the like?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:41 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
@Ice: "Field medic" is kind of one of my favourite things to play in RPG's. Can't stand "medical stuff" irl though ^^'
Yeah, not the most fun things to see, but eh I don't really mind anything anymore.

Ugh... on a side note, back's been acting up like hell... and I got a feeling I will have "one of those" morning dews when I wake up later today...
And seriosly, stop being so damn active, I'm a very... something person, don't make me do stuff that'll stun you to silence! I'm warning you, I might do it! xD I'll expose... something, yes! Something! Fear my something! Rawr!
On a last final side note with the heigh/weight thing, last I checked and if I recall right, I'm between 170 cm and 180 cm. And weigh around 60-70 kg.
And for the love of goddess! Who calls me at 2 am to tell me "I'm constipated! I'm to big, my sphincter hurts. What should I do?"? And stop looking at me like that gecko! Go back to your egg carton and lick your eyeballs! ... I need to go to bed soon... and go up in a good time...
I would say TMI, but this thread has eliminated whatever sense of TMI I may still have had stashed in the back of my brain.
Also, I laughed way too much at the last part.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:52 pm

swicked wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Kattlarv, this may seem like a silly question, but is the gecko real? Or is it an imaginary friend or the like?

She has a pet gecko. Yes. :P
I wasn't fixed on either of them, I honestly couldn't decide, so I asked.
Thanks.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:04 pm

WaffleSmart wrote:I still don't like Stygius though. I don't see what anypony sees in him, he's pretty manipulative, selfish, and just not very smart. Yet he's instantly loved by anypony who sees him.
I don't see it. Manipulative? "Hey, you're hot and I would really like to have sex with you. Oh, you think I'm attractive but you aren't ready for that? That's fine too, I'll just help you out with whatever you're up to and see what happens." He's been nothing but straightforward. Is it possible to manipulate by telling the unvarnished truth?

Selfish, I can see an argument for, but honestly he never struck me as particularly self-centered, so it's no worse than "I'm helping you do what you want to do in hopes that you'll do what I want to do." He's not trying to kick off a relationship here. She's just sexy.

And I have yet to see any evidence that he's stupid, other than the "stupid teenager hormones" kind of dumb. If anything he seems simply inexperienced. In many ways, Stygius is like a stable-dweller who is entering the wasteland for the first time. The caves clearly have more contact with the outside than a sealed vault, so he has a better awareness of what's out there than an ignorant vaultie, but they're also very much cut off and protected there, so he's really experiencing the wasteland for the first time himself.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:13 pm

Kattlarv wrote:@Everypony: (P-21/locking the door) Why would a magical door that could ONLY be opened by Twilight or descendant have a lock, which some random above average pony would be able to tamper with?
First, lockpicking is a very rare skill, as Pip commented many times. Second -- you ask why would it have a physical lock? Why wouldn't it? It's just a normal mass-produced door with a mass produced handle. The magic got put in later.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:21 pm

Kattlarv wrote:
(BM) Since it goes against my autism. And as said, that scene doesn't seem to hint that he actually did anything, just shouted, then got shot. And then who was shot by their own bullet? I know AJ complained when they developed armour piercing bullets that could penetrate their own power armour. And wasn't that she was upset on Braeburn for? Or am I completely mixing things up here?
This one is a bit confusing. Braeburn pissed Applejack off by developing the anti-machine rifle. Applesnack convinced her that it didn't really matter because the zebras had already developed AP rounds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 13 of 30 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 12, 13, 14 ... 21 ... 30  Next