Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+39
hawkeye92
jacky2734
Rafafidi
Regolit
Paper Airplane
Jeremyrush
Valikdu
Mech
Cptadder
Scyto Harmony
Snipehamster
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
NoodleNugget
FeatherDust
Somber
Moodyman90
Katarn
Aonee
Kattlarv
tylertoon2
RandomBlank
RoboRed
Quotidian
Icy Shake
Rboy474
Ketchup
WavemasterRyx
Orm
Ametros
OneMoreDaySK
Sindri
MrMagma
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Derpmind
Kippershy
Meleagridis
SilentCarto
43 posters

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:48 am

careful, ahm' not i mah righ' mind...

as i said, i'm a little muddled up, but the test must have been tampered with adn there was a police cruiser which just blased rigth past my apartment patio....it wqas a mistake to get an apartment so close to the main road. I mean I hear every fucking thing that goes by and if i dedicated the time to it I could probably identify every kind of vehicle as it drives by without so much as a simple thought... we get everything here from beaters to beamers to fucking bentleys and rolls royce... hell I have a picture of one of those lexus super cars, you know the kind that hold the commercial speed record? in other words they made only 500 of them and fucking five of them are being sold by westside lexus of houston... I wanted to sit in that driver seat sooo freaking badly....then masturbate...

not that i really care about the car its just I know it is rare and I have a picutre of myself standing next to one...it was red, i do not like red
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:49 am

JUMPED THE SHARK WITH 100% SUCCESS!
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 am

Mech wrote:Chapter Art comin' at ya.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Chapter_art_of_45_by_mistermech-d52wfdf

when might we see this up on tumblr and/or deviantart?
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:14 am

I do believe the Admiral has set sail.
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Brohoof! : 171

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:22 am

Sindri wrote:I do believe the Admiral has set sail.

Oh no. I'd say he's just boarded the ship.

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:25 am

TheLastDefender wrote:

oh god, ship based puns...ABANDON SHIP!
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:32 am

stringtheory wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:

But I was hoping for ship-to-ship combat. *sighs*
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:34 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:

ARM THE CANNONS

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:36 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:

well considering the lack of what that usually means on the internet around here, I guess we could settle for a pun war, one which I will not last long in, because a. I suck at puns and b. it's 1:35 am where I am and I should really be getting to be (though that's what I told myself an hour ago)
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:40 am

OneMoreDaySK wrote:So at this point Littlepip is somewhere in Canterlot, right? Hope that Trixie at least gets to see Glory bashing Blackjack before she explodes.
No, she hasn't even reached Glyphmark yet. They are currently in transit to the Canterlot area, day 2 of flying in the rain, with the Bloodwing attack taking place tomorrow evening. The following morning, Pip arrives in Glyphmark. They launch the rescue mission into Zebratown that afternoon.

FeatherDust wrote:Actually, now I'm doubting if P-21 was involved... from chapter 35:

Homage looked at me with a sympathetic smile. “Why don’t we just get it over with, Life Bloom? The door test?”
“Door test?” P-21 asked with a small frown.

Either P-21 is acting, or he didn't know anything about it -- and he doesn't have time to go lock it between this and the actual test. So it'd have to be Pip who did the locking, or else some other means of trickery.
Perhaps he didn't know anything about any test. He just locked a door at Homage's request, and it's only when BJ brings it up that P-21 realizes this is something significant to do with BJ. Presumably they filled him in later.

Last edited by SilentCarto on Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 am; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:42 am

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 Mlfw254_facehoof
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:43 am

stringtheory wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:

well considering the lack of what that usually means on the internet around here, I guess we could settle for a pun war, one which I will not last long in, because a. I suck at puns and b. it's 1:35 am where I am and I should really be getting to be (though that's what I told myself an hour ago)
Hey, they want ship-to-ship combat, I say we give it to them Spike
Whoever writes the best shipping story in the next 20 minutes wins!
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:48 am

Ice Crystal wrote:Hey, they want ship-to-ship combat, I say we give it to them Spike

well, I'll definitely have to bow out for that one, given that I have less literary talent than a doorknob
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 1:49 am

Ice Crystal wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:
stringtheory wrote:
TheLastDefender wrote:

Hey, they want ship-to-ship combat, I say we give it to them Spike

Sindri, look at what you're responsible for.

Back to top Go down

Post by Meleagridis Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:32 am

-

Last edited by Meleagridis on Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:35 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : oopsie)
Meleagridis
Meleagridis
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 134

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sat Jun 09, 2012 2:37 am

Cptadder wrote:I did but only the comment that a city environment monorail is not likely to be rubber tired when the have hover technology and well established weight maniupulation technology, they can run monorails off of magic just like Pegasus guns are much lighter then normal and have recoil compensation build in. I envision standard maglev style trains just with spark batteries powering weight lightening units along the bottom of the track. Propulsion could be identical to whatever lets Raptors move around at the clip they do. Power budget will be vastly lower since they just need to move very lightweight cars at a decent pace. Likely the weight reduction magic will drain far more juice than the movement itself.
Hm… I did not think of that. Unfortunately, we don't really have any way to get efficiency comparisons, but it sounds like it might work if the numbers favored it.

SilentCarto wrote:*shrug* Looks about right to me. A monorail's a monorail, yanno?
Oh no! In my research for this project I encounter a quite fascinating variety of technological styles.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@OHinds Did you ever get FO3 working? Good luck.
Not yet; the person who made the wrapper gave me a suggestion, but I didn't know enough to carry it out and so am waiting for further word from them. Thanks, though.

On the bright side, GoG happened to have Tropico 3 Gold on sale, so I've been getting lost in that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Sindri Sat Jun 09, 2012 7:46 am

Wheee! I haz a sleep deprivation.

Incidentally, I finally got around to reading Peter Watts. Is it bad that I found the end of Starfish hilarious?
Sindri
Sindri
Changeling

Back to top Go down

Post by Quotidian Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:46 am

Dunno, as I've never read Starfish, but Watts' writing seems to provoke either dark humor or a total existential despair in most readers, so you're probably okay.

Just don't start laughing at the end of Blindsight. Then you might be in trouble.

- - - - -

I kind of want to write something for that 20min shipping story now, even though it would be waaaaay past the deadline.
Quotidian
Quotidian
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 49

Character List:
Name: Drifter
Species: Pegasus

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:48 am

... I had no idea... none at all.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Jun 09, 2012 10:54 am

Sindri wrote:Wheee! I haz a sleep deprivation.

Incidentally, I finally got around to reading Peter Watts. Is it bad that I found the end of Starfish hilarious?

I've not read it, so I can't comment (apart from "Is it good?") - but I, too haz a sleep deprivation! Just not one that I wanted. More of a minor case of the insomnias, stemming from a weird sleep schedule and a mind attacking itself at inopportune times.

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:04 am

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
Sindri wrote:Wheee! I haz a sleep deprivation.

I've not read it, so I can't comment (apart from "Is it good?") - but I, too haz a sleep deprivation! Just not one that I wanted. More of a minor case of the insomnias, stemming from a weird sleep schedule and a mind attacking itself at inopportune times.

I can sympathize with you both I stay up late can't go to sleep without it going blarrgh in my head then I get decent sleep go to work get home and nap for 4 or so hours... and its like my body shuts down Thursday I awoke on the floor.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:50 am

swicked wrote:
I has a narcolepsy.
Advantage: can sleep anytime
Disadvantage: will sleep anytime
Until a year ago, it took me 2 hours to fall asleep. I don't know if I'd want to have narcolepsy, though.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 09, 2012 11:53 am

Looks like my theory on the last page got swept over. Oh well. Derpy Hooves
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:01 pm

RYX
I KNOW YOU'LL SEE THIS
YOU DIDN'T ANSWER MEEEEEEEEEEE
(@ your height)

Also, I appreciate Somber more and more with each and every chapter that I write for my story - to understand firsthand just how challenging it can be to understand the characters personality and mind at their most challenging of times even though you personally have been in their place a million times - it's weird, not impossible or hard, but weird.
(Okay, I've not
Spoiler:

Basically what I mean is; even though your personal experience helps a whole load, you still have to think about what someone else would be thinking and feeling while staying true to their character and adding some out of character-ness to them (unless that's what they're always like!)

Also - the fact he manages to always pump out such impressive work on such a scale to such high quality in such a short time.

Seriously. Appreciate that to no end. Amazing.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:03 pm

I just want to comment that in my head, the Dealer looks like Pony Kenny Rogers.

That is all.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:10 pm

ketchup504 wrote:Looks like my theory on the last page got swept over. Oh well. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 908227573
Hoofington's defenses weren't exactly above-top-secret. It was kinda extremely public, what with the lasers and all that still works 'protecting' the core two hundred years after the apocalypse.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:11 pm

This is my headcannon voice of Dealer (Narrator's voice)
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:16 pm

Derpmind wrote:
ketchup504 wrote:Looks like my theory on the last page got swept over. Oh well. [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 10 908227573
Hoofington's defenses weren't exactly above-top-secret. It was kinda extremely public, what with the lasers and all that still works 'protecting' the core two hundred years after the apocalypse.
Yes, but was there a public way to turn them off?
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:30 pm

Katarn wrote:This is my headcannon voice of Dealer (Narrator's voice)

I'll be unimaginative and make my headcannon (BOOM!!) Dealer voiced by Elias Toufexis (aka Adam Jensen).
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Sat Jun 09, 2012 12:31 pm

ketchup504 wrote:
Derpmind wrote:
Yes, but was there a public way to turn them off?
The military Ponies who were in charge of Hoofington's defenses? Seriously, Project Horizons is supposed to be some super-secret big deal thing. As in, world-wide effecting big-deal. If nothing else, it's clear that Project Horizons is something that is to be activated, since in ch.45 Blackjack is prompted if she wants to activate it by Goldenblood's basement terminal. EC-1101 probably is able to deactivate Hoofington's defenses, but that's what EC-1101 does: Key to Equestria. Besides all that, deactivating Hoofington's defenses still leaves the problem of heading into the source of Enervation.
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 30 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 20 ... 30  Next