Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies"

2 posters

Go down

Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies" Empty Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies"

Post by Scootayay Sun May 13, 2012 6:28 pm

Since the original Layout of Cloudsville is takes up more space that necessary, making it a pain to read longer topics, I called upon my meager CSS skills and cobbled together a custom CSS stylesheet.

What it does:

• Smaller profile pictures, aligned on the right or left, whatever you prefer
  • Personal information on the side of the profile picture
  • Wider post area/smaller information area to allow more text to be displayed in one line
  • Smaller margin after quotes etc.
  • Fixes Nightmare Moon's "floating ponies" (and all other floating signature images) <- obsolete, if you want floating pictures just delete the lines in the file
  • (Optionally removes ad, but I left that out since I don't know if it's okay with the owner/admins of this site) No ad removal for you
Significantly shrinks short posts and posts with many quotes, e.g. empty/short posts are only half the size!

Since this not really professional, There may be some things that are broken! Everything I have tested worked though, so there shouldn't be too many problems. If you notice something that needs to be fixed, please let me know.

Download:

To save the .css file rightclick the link and use save target as.
Profile picture on the left V1.0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16465859/Cloudsville_Custom_CSS_Simple/cloudsville_simple_left_v1.0.css

Profile picture on the right V1.0: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16465859/Cloudsville_Custom_CSS_Simple/cloudsville_simple_v1.0.css

Screenshots(not zoomed):

Original:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16465859/Cloudsville_Custom_CSS_Simple/original.PNG
Left:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16465859/Cloudsville_Custom_CSS_Simple/picture_left.PNG
Right:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/16465859/Cloudsville_Custom_CSS_Simple/picture_right.PNG

Note to mods: Since there was no appropriate section for me to post this in I just posted it here, feel free to move this topic.

Last edited by scootayay on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:16 pm; edited 2 times in total
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies" Empty Re: Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies"

Post by Derpy Hooves Sun May 13, 2012 7:32 pm

I'm pretty sure we like the floating ponies lol.

And its a good thing you said removing ads is optional because that would be highly against forummotions policies lol.

If you want to see something done PM Linguz, if you can upload custom CSS to forummotion's hosting he'll be able to do it.
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies" Empty Re: Custom CSS: Compact, shorter posts/Profile Picture on the Left/Fix for "floating ponies"

Post by Scootayay Sun May 13, 2012 8:04 pm

Derpy Hooves wrote:I'm pretty sure we like the floating ponies lol.
You can just delete the "position:static !important;" in the .css file. I you want to move the floating ponies around you can replace it with "top: 90% !important;" (or any other percentage/position you want to)

Derpy Hooves wrote:
And its a good thing you said removing ads is optional because that would be highly against forummotions policies lol.
Figured that much, going to remove it from the original post.

Derpy Hooves wrote:
If you want to see something done PM Linguz, if you can upload custom CSS to forummotion's hosting he'll be able to do it.
I'm not sure about that, I have no idea what I broke by using a custom CSS stylesheet and if something goes wrong with the master CSS file the whole forum would be screwed.
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpy Hooves Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:10 am

A WILD LINK APPEARED!

http://userstyles.org/styles/65467/compact-cloudsville-forums

It would seem these files ended up on a hosting site...
Derpy Hooves
Derpy Hooves
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 31

Character List:
Name: Taters
Sex: Stallion
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scootayay Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:07 pm

No, that's not mine, that one was around even before I made this. It's from May 11, I made mine on the 14'th. I tried it, but didn't like it because it removes literally everything and that was not really what I wanted, so I just made one myself, that's why this exists.
Thanks a lot for telling me though :)
Scootayay
Scootayay
Stallion/Mare

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down