Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+14
Icy Shake
RoboRed
Epsilon
StoneSlinger88
brony all alone
Valikdu
Katarn
Scienza
Whiskey Rebellion
O. Hinds
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
Tytan
Stringtheory
18 posters

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am

Not exactly. I did get the chance to play it coop with my brother over the weekend though.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 8 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Valikdu Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:38 am

Frost wrote:
Seriously:

I think it's more like this:
Spoiler:

Her bikini top seems slightly more conservative now that she's a mother. No more underboob.

Speaking of that, does the choice in DA:O matter in any way?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Tue Feb 24, 2015 12:02 pm

swicked wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
Her bikini top seems slightly more conservative now that she's a mother. No more underboob.

I would say yes. Not sure which you're referring to, but I'm still in my first playthrough. I dunno what would happen in alternate histories.

I mean the one near the end with
Spoiler:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Valikdu wrote:
swicked wrote:
Valikdu wrote:

I would say yes. Not sure which you're referring to, but I'm still in my first playthrough. I dunno what would happen in alternate histories.

I mean the one near the end with
Spoiler:
Yes.

I'm actually not sure what happens if you make the other choice, but it did seem pretty important to the main quest.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Feb 24, 2015 1:50 pm

Minecraft on steroids shaders
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:37 am

Sooo, watched a couple episodes of that Hist'ry Channel show about the Vikings. It's okay, for a sub-par Norse-themed Game of Thrones coattail-rider. Plays a bit fast and loose with actual historicity, but it's not unentertaining. I admit, though, I'm rather hoping they discard the premise of history altogether and have the characters do ALL the Viking things, not just the raid on Lindisfarne but all the way to lying about Greenland ("Is it green? Oh, aye, it's positively verdant!") and pissing about in America for a bit. And THEN, when they run out of stuff to do (after having packed all the Viking Age into the span of a decade, tops), I want them to visit Egypt for a crossover season with Ancient Aliens that culminates in them stealing a starship and Viking their way across the galaxy. The last episode will be the first colonists on Mars cresting over a ridge only to find a big ol' runestone already there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:06 am

Just as Troy semi-de-mythified the Illiad, Vikings semi-de-mythifies The Saga of Ragnar Lodbrök. It's not meant to be historical.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Wed Feb 25, 2015 2:28 am

Australia just got more awesome: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/unified-weapons-master-future-fighting/
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:10 am

"Integrating sensors and impact-resistant materials under carbon-fiber plating" for "full-contact martial-arts tournaments" my ass. Just wait til someone fucks with the Aussies and they start rolling out their bulletproof ninja warriors in their robot suits.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:11 am

@Frost
Ah, well, that both opens things up and shuts others down, I guess. What I meant about playing fast and loose was more about taking liberties with the way characters behave, in a sort of "eh, could have happened" way (the young monk in Northumbria who has traveled to Norway at some point if I'm reading his implication right, the half-sidelining of the rape and pillage stuff to keep the audience happy - which is completely understandable, mind you). Being accurate to actual historical events is something I'm less concerned about - I wasn't kidding about kinda wanting to see an overview of the Viking Age, almost like Forrest Gump. Didn't know it was based on an actual mythical dude, though, so that's cool (and also probably rules out trips to Byzantium, America, and Mars). The most fun thing about it, for me at least, is when they're just sort of Viking around with the English and their things, and nobody understands one another very well, and then somebody gets stabbed, and then a whole lot of people get axed, and the Vikings are very excited about all of it.

@Robo
Definitely interesting. If it's what they're hyping it up to be, I'd probably watch some fights. Feels very sci-fi.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:14 am

Then perhaps you'd like the part in the original saga where the Swedish King that the Ragnarssons spend most of the tale fighting has a massive God-cow that can cast Mass Frenzy over enemy armies after it's been sated with enough human sacrifice. 

Yeah. Really.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:21 am

@Frost
Invade Australia? That's Nope.Nope.Nope.Nope Just google 'australian deadly'. I don't know what madmen would invade that place.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:35 am

Frost wrote:Then perhaps you'd like the part in the original saga where the Swedish King that the Ragnarssons spend most of the tale fighting has a massive God-cow that can cast Mass Frenzy over enemy armies after it's been sated with enough human sacrifice. 

Yeah. Really.
Hell yeah.

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 25, 2015 3:45 am

Though Space Vikings going and killing the shit out of space would be quite an entertaining story in and of itself. The influence this would have on the other cultures they visit (much like some theorize they turned the Northern Amerindians from a peaceful people into a warrior culture) would be interesting indeed. 

"Live long and rape, pillage and burn"

"Keelah Sal'Axe"

"May the All-Father be with you"

Etcetera.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 25, 2015 4:09 am

RoboRed wrote:Australia just got more awesome: http://www.digitaltrends.com/cool-tech/unified-weapons-master-future-fighting/
I'm pretty sure I linked to a video of that a few days ago... *pouty face*
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:03 am

Yo, so check it out. I like worldbuilding, and I'm either too lazy an asshole or too obsessive a fan to build my own world; so I've created a little world-state for post-game Skyrim, as a possible ground for hypothetical fics if I decide to stop being a lazy asshole. To widen the focus (significantly) the PC's accomplishments have been split among several wildly-varying people:
Fanwank:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 25, 2015 9:40 am

Anyone run into this too? I'm trying to get a free-to-play game (Sunrider) on Steam, but the "play game" button does nothing. I was pointed to this thread, but the install link there also does nothing. What do?
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:14 am

Valikdu wrote:Anyone run into this too? I'm trying to get a free-to-play game (Sunrider) on Steam, but the "play game" button does nothing. I was pointed to this thread, but the install link there also does nothing. What do?
Can't help, Sunrider installed and played fine when I tried it.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:19 am

I've just checked; the problems are with all Steam F2P games, not just Sunrider. Although the official site has a direct download, so that's good.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:04 pm

And opening the game's exe file directly doesn't do anything at all?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:11 pm

FNAF / Mario Kart crossover
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:23 pm

Metal Gear Solid lulz
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:29 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:And opening the game's exe file directly doesn't do anything at all?

In Sunrider's case, things are great. But I'll have to find a direct download (if any) for any other F2P game I'd want on Steam.

Also, I found something curious: There Came An Echo is a tactical RPG (?) that looks somewhat like Shadowrun, and is controlled with voice commands. The reviews seem to favor this feature.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:56 pm

The Curator quote for sunrider is pretty funny.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:01 pm

Does history remember the origin of the word "waifu"? Preferably in the form of a name. Then maybe we could do a Kickstarter to hire a hitman or something.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:05 pm

Uhhhhhh... Well, I guess it's nothing to lose your head about, a lot of it sounds very theoretical still, but dang. The mad scientist in me wants to see what'd happen if we tried this.

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:10 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:Uhhhhhh... Well, I guess it's nothing to lose your head about, a lot of it sounds very theoretical still, but dang. The mad scientist in me wants to see what'd happen if we tried this.

nothing to lose your head about

Crazy

Hmm... Somehow I don't remember seeing this happen in any story (literature or cinematic), except for one very old Soviet SF novel.

Well, let's see what happens!
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:21 pm

Camo, what have you done
for Sci:
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:43 pm

Yo Hinds!

I think you may want to play this game

Here's the result of my first playthrough:

Spoiler:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Wed Feb 25, 2015 7:44 pm

Valikdu wrote:...
Does history remember the origin of the word "waifu"? Preferably in the form of a name. Then maybe we could do a Kickstarter to hire a hitman or something.
Officially it's one of the Japanese words for wife, coming from 'wife' in english. I'd totally support killing whoever set it up as a fandom term though.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 19 ... 31  Next