Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+53
ILM126
Cptadder
BlueSoldier
MiniGaunt
Anonymouss
Scootayay
Frost
Almar
Whiskey Rebellion
Blue Heron
Rayndalf
Shady
Epsilon
BLame
Vixie
Exodus Hero
FeatherDust
RoboRed
Triage
Technowolf
Vexd
Syroc
ARoundCorner
Borsuq
geekladd
Harmony Ltd.
MSCA
pokeperson1000
DaWarWolf
WavemasterRyx
Captain Stramash
Luminous Lead
Dekshuduph
decumos
CD
Evilgidgit
Vergil
Meleagridis
Derpmind
iLateralGX
Valikdu
Zolaheuzis
Somber
Scienza
Downloaded Skill
Vinylshadow
Silver136
Icy Shake
O. Hinds
tylertoon2
JadedPony
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
57 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 12:40 pm

Here's hoping we get Fallout 4 so we can expand or start a new chapter of Fallout Equestria

Really should get around to playing the other Fallout games, yet my Computer barely handles New Vegas, FO3 is a no-go and part of me doesn't trust my ability to thoroughly enjoy the first two
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Vergil Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Honestly if the first two got the HD treatment they'd still be awesome, but as it is everything looks like mud now...
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Brohoof! : 76

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:00 pm

I dunno, I'm not actually that excited about Fallout 4. Personally, I think Oblivion makes a much better Fallout than Bethesda, and so while it'll undoubtedly be good, I feel like I'm going to be kind of disappointed.

Last edited by Scienza on Sun Oct 26, 2014 8:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:16 pm

Mhm

you can only take so much green and brown landscapes before going "If you've seen one, you've seen 'em all"
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:27 pm

I just wrote the hardest scene I ever have.  Worse, students were asking me why I was crying and I was like 'I just lost a dear friend.'  It was the only way to explain it.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:32 pm

Somber wrote:I just wrote the hardest scene I ever have.  Worse, students were asking me why I was crying and I was like 'I just lost a dear friend.'  It was the only way to explain it.
I am deeply worried.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:35 pm

*hugs Somber gently*
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by pokeperson1000 Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:41 pm

now i'm scared for... just about every character in the story....

... D'Arvit...
pokeperson1000
pokeperson1000
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Fri Oct 24, 2014 5:56 pm

Vergil wrote:Honestly if the first two got the HD treatment they'd still be awesome, but as it is everything looks like mud now...

You whippersnappers have no appreciation for classics. Don't know where your roots lie, you do. When I was your age, we played Super Mario in 8-bit and were amazed when Sonic the Hedgehog was 16-bit!

Somber wrote:I just wrote the hardest scene I ever have. Worse, students were asking me why I was crying and I was like 'I just lost a dear friend.' It was the only way to explain it.

I'm saving my 'I knew it' and 'told you so's for when the chapter is actually out, but I have a strong feeling what it could be.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:22 pm

CD wrote:
Vergil wrote:Honestly if the first two got the HD treatment they'd still be awesome, but as it is everything looks like mud now...

You whippersnappers have no appreciation for classics. Don't know where your roots lie, you do. When I was your age, we played Super Mario in 8-bit and were amazed when Sonic the Hedgehog was 16-bit!

Somber wrote:I just wrote the hardest scene I ever have.  Worse, students were asking me why I was crying and I was like 'I just lost a dear friend.'  It was the only way to explain it.

I'm saving my 'I knew it' and 'told you so's for when the chapter is actually out, but I have a strong feeling what it could be.
I'm scared.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:23 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Regarding Red Eye, I think that he would have been able to achieve phasing out slavery if he'd achieved his planned apotheosis, and I think he'd still stand a good chance of doing it even without apotheosis if circumstances and his cybernetics kept him alive for long enough.  With him dead, though, I agree with what seems to be the general opinion (well, mostly; there's an extra factor involved, but it's part of my headcanon and more created whole-cloth than based on something in FoE).
I don't disagree that he could have achieved it, but my question is when. It's easy to say, "Sure, we'll throw open the gates and let everyone go free at some point," but I question if he would ever actually reach the point of setting a date.

Somber wrote:I just wrote the hardest scene I ever have.  Worse, students were asking me why I was crying and I was like 'I just lost a dear friend.'  It was the only way to explain it.
Oh dear...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:36 pm

Don't worry, get hype!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Oct 24, 2014 7:55 pm

Somber wrote:I just wrote the hardest scene I ever have.  Worse, students were asking me why I was crying and I was like 'I just lost a dear friend.'  It was the only way to explain it.
Yikes. It sounded bad enough over email...

SilentCarto wrote:I don't disagree that he could have achieved it, but my question is when. It's easy to say, "Sure, we'll throw open the gates and let everyone go free at some point," but I question if he would ever actually reach the point of setting a date.
Hm, fair point. I like to think that he did have some plan for it, but the evidence is limited enough that you could easily be correct. Though he would eventually have to stop simply by virtue of running out of people to enslave; my hypothesis regarding why the conditions in Fillydelphia were so bad is that the death toll and resultant depopulation of the Equestrian Peninsula (on my map) were actually part of the plan, and I suppose that a hard-numbers-imposed end to slavery could also be part of that (assuming that he didn't start breeding new slaves, of course, which neither my model of him, my model for Protege, nor Rose Eye/Red Rose would do).
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Fri Oct 24, 2014 11:59 pm

Was scrolling down to post "get hype" when I saw Caoimhe beat me to it.

Well, I got nothing then. Rock on?
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sat Oct 25, 2014 12:04 am

Vergil wrote:Was scrolling down to post "get hype" when I saw Caoimhe beat me to it.

Well, I got nothing then. Rock on?
Well of course. Crushing Depression induced by the death of magical equines is one of the primary reasons project horizons is so awesome. Looking forward to the next chapter.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:23 am

That's why I stick to writing non-fiction these days. I hate killing off my characters. Its like ripping out part of your own body. You have my feels Sombre. As tacky as country music is there was one song I heard that had a good central theme.

If you're going through hell, keep on going.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Sat Oct 25, 2014 11:16 am

SilentCarto wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Regarding Red Eye, I think that he would have been able to achieve phasing out slavery if he'd achieved his planned apotheosis, and I think he'd still stand a good chance of doing it even without apotheosis if circumstances and his cybernetics kept him alive for long enough.  With him dead, though, I agree with what seems to be the general opinion (well, mostly; there's an extra factor involved, but it's part of my headcanon and more created whole-cloth than based on something in FoE).
I don't disagree that he could have achieved it, but my question is when. It's easy to say, "Sure, we'll throw open the gates and let everyone go free at some point," but I question if he would ever actually reach the point of setting a date.

As we say over on SPUF...

Soon.™
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Sat Oct 25, 2014 8:36 pm

Oh, it would have been long, long after Red Eye had died of old age and Stern realized the slaves were just more trouble than they are worth then she would have phased it out by letting them "Earn citizenship." If you give slaves a path to achieve a status one step below master, but one step above slave, they will work hard for it and then once they get it, they will have built a life for themselves in the process. You can even give them multiple ranks of citizenship with levels of privileged that they can then pass on to their children. Like a pyramid scheme. 

They will stay in the city and even help your masters maintain the slaves. Give them the illusion that there is a political process where they, as citizen, matter and you can keep them working for you for generations without ever needing to crack a whip or fire a gun. The best kind of thought policing is the kind people do to each other for you. 

I mean, you know, ahem.. not that I have put a lot of thought into it or anything... *whistles innocently*
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:23 pm

Well, the chapter's not going to be out this weekend, I'm afraid. It's getting a bit complicated, with a lot of things happening, and it's currently around 37 pages and might grow longer.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Borsuq Sun Oct 26, 2014 7:46 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Well, the chapter's not going to be out this weekend, I'm afraid.  It's getting a bit complicated, with a lot of things happening, and it's currently around 37 pages and might grow longer.  
Oh, thank Celestia!

Don't get me wrong, I absolotely LOVE Project Horizons, to me that's the best work of fiction I had ever read (well, maybe second only to Erin Hunter's Warriors), but... I'm just super scared of what is about to happen! My feels are not ready!
Borsuq
Borsuq
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 11

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Borsuq

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:05 am

It should take as long as it takes. We don't want to rush it and have it be emotionally scaring for Somber. Trust me, I know all about publisher deadlines. You need time to properly agonize over a work until that perfect moment of "FUCK IT! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANY MORE!!!" then you spew out the final edits and click the publish button before you lose your nerve. Then the next day, you wait.. and wait... and then the day after that... and the day after that but by then you are ready to pull your hair out and finally your publisher calls and says, "Looks good! You shouldn't worry so much. I worry about you, you get way to stressed." and you just want to reach through the phone lines and choke him while screaming, "THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE ME A DEADLINE?!"

But maybe that's just me.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:30 am

Stuff... and more stuff... and I'm going to have to do things with the legate fight... and I couldn't sleep at all so I had to cancel work, which put me out 90 bucks...

Arrrrghhh!  This story!  This chapter!  This month!  Blarrrrgh!  ::Runs through the hills blarging!::
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Vergil Mon Oct 27, 2014 10:04 am

Sheesh, it seems like trouble sleeping is an epidemic right now.
Vergil
Vergil
Mobius One

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Mon Oct 27, 2014 12:34 pm

*watches the blarging pony with interest*

I think he needs a break

As long as the chapter is out before Hearth's Warming Eve, you can take as long as you need.
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:17 pm

Vergil wrote:Sheesh, it seems like trouble sleeping is an epidemic right now.

Why, you to? I've had people breathing down my neck for not coming to work. Now if only they had picked up the phone, I could have explained that.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:44 pm

swicked wrote:...I think that's about five pages longer than when I looked at it yesterday before heading to work.
I only had the one major issue and that called more for a rewrite than additional content (not that that doesn't tend to happen) and I don't remember anyone else having major issues.
...well, except you, but that was all about technical accuracy and junk.

...I'm seriously wondering what happened after I left.
I must be misremembering when you left, sorry; I don't recall any major additions after that. I do know that we hadn't gotten to your comments on the fight (which I see Somber revealed in the post below yours) yet, though, except for me glancing at one of your comments and saying something along the lines of "Oh dear, this is probably going to mean even more rewriting". (I do kind of agree with you, though, which is annoying because, well, if I disagreed with you, I could try to argue you out of this. As it is, I'm just hoping to find a solution that's less radical than your proposal but that still addresses our shared concerns.)
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Silver136 Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:02 pm

Vergil wrote:Sheesh, it seems like trouble sleeping is an epidemic right now.
Recently it has been around my area. My schools grade average has gotten lower than usual, and I keep hearing people complain about not getting sleep. I've had bad insomnia for years, but this outbreak is causing me to blame ISIS.
Silver136
Silver136
Ursa Minor

Brohoof! : 24

Character List:
Name: Silver Shroud

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Somber wrote:
Arrrrghhh!  This story!  This chapter!  This month!  Blarrrrgh!  ::Runs through the hills blarging!::

I found something that really helps me into the zone: Click this link turn the volume down a little so it isn't overly loud and then start writing:

Oh, and do something else, don't try and gram it all end. Play a video game or read a book. Something to relax the writing part of your mind. I like watching TV or movies to unwind after a session. Right now I'm watching "Freezing" an anime on Netflix. Lots of T&A but a good story too if a little drawn out.

HAHAHAHA! In a twist of irony, just after I published this in episode 12 of season 1, one of the main characters is protected by the sacrifice of someone else and she says, "All this time, I've been at this school... I've only cared about myself! I never meant to have friends!" but the act of friendship and sacrifice inspires her to go super-saiyan and kick ass.

No matter where you go, friendship is magic ;)

Last edited by JadedPony on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:01 am; edited 1 time in total
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:56 pm

JadedPony wrote:...and finally your publisher calls and says, "Looks good! You shouldn't worry so much. I worry about you, you get way to stressed." and you just want to reach through the phone lines and choke him while screaming, "THEN WHY DID YOU GIVE ME A DEADLINE?!"

But maybe that's just me.
I swear I feel sorry for you, but I'm rolling around laughing at this rant.

SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by JadedPony Mon Oct 27, 2014 8:05 pm

It's all part of the creative process. If he didn't give me deadlines I would never be happy with anything so I understand why he does it.

Publishing agents and editors are like BDSM dominatrix: They whip you and tie you down because they know you need it to get the job done and feel good about yourself afterwards. In the end, you're a better writer for it, no matter how much it stings along the way.
JadedPony
JadedPony
Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next