Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+18
Derpmind
Vinylshadow
StoneSlinger88
Scienza
Scyto Harmony
OneMoreDaySK
Valikdu
Kattlarv
Cptadder
Tytan
RoboRed
Stringtheory
O. Hinds
iLateralGX
Harmony Ltd.
Katarn
Ironmonger
Frost
22 posters

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Katarn Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:07 am

if google was a guy:

I nearly died in the end of part 2 and through all part 3.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:33 am

@Last, and Katarn. Thanks y'all!

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 10:24 am

When life gives you lemons, squirt them into the eyes of your enemies

Or don't

Up to you

Celestia and Luna have grown fat and lazy, I'd say it's time for a revolution in Equestria

Unfortunately, I am part of the NLR, so I'm stuck where I am
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Brohoof! : -8

Character List:
Name: Midnight Runner/Noon Walker
Sex: Mare/Stallion
Species: Pegasus

http://songbreeze741.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:42 am

I'd be inclined to agree with Swicked, if that wasn't beyond what we've seen the Princesses are capable of interms  of foresight and even basic character judgement, let alone complex sociopolitical maneuvers. We're talking about the women that didn't realize that their niece who they presumably had known for years (decades, in the case of Celestia) had been replaced by an narcissistic and arrogant magi-organic insect that didn't even bother acting at all. These are the women that entrusted the slaying/persuasion of a dragon threats in their kingdom to six emotionally unstable little girls. These are the women who entrusted the godlike powers of their race to a girl who had a nervous breakdown over the possibility of being late on an informal busy-work assignment. 

I accept your point, Swicked, and offer my counterpoint: they really are just that stupid.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:50 am

ABANDON EQUESTRIA
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:56 am

Vinylshadow wrote:ABANDON EQUESTRIA
I'm sensing that contributing to intelligent conversations is not a strong talent of yours.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:08 pm

Good lord, why would I ever want to do something intelligent?

That sounds boring

nopony is perfect, even all-powerful immortal Alicosn make mistakes
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:46 pm

Military Police:
http://gillesketting.deviantart.com/art/DPD-MilitaryPolice-478220186

Twilight is a Unicorn who became an Alicorn
Cadance is a Pegasus who became an Alicorn

...hm, I can see why people think Applejack's next in line to ascend; although I'd rather it be Big Mac

Come on, Hasbro, stop being sexist
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 26, 2014 12:54 pm

Oh, happy birthday, Guarddogjr.

swicked wrote:@hinds
Okay, I read your rant. Clearly the sisters are not benevolent. Barring the possibility that they are simply insane, my best guess was they didn't want to rule with Twilight and Cadence anymore.
A terrible machine easily destroyed (but only by the sisters) instead contained by flimsy spell that broke down entirely in their absenses (for all we know, they might have been actually maintaining both the machine and the field)? Disappearing without a word to watch equestria turn and lose faith in the remaining princesses? Including ending their celestial duties?
The princesses need not explain themselves. They can say to their subjects they had duties of immense importance to attend or some other such rubbish, stating they figured the remaining princesses should have been able to handle things.
The sisters proved their necessity and destroyed all faith in the pretenders to the throne. It wasn't a clean plan by any means but the results seem to speak for themselves.
Yeah. Now, Twilight does seem to actually care about trying to really be a princess, has been able to successfully run for office, and, being the Alicorn of Magic, has been of great assistance in the rituals to move the sun and moon (she still can't do it on her own, though)… but she could be voted out just as easily as she was voted in and could presumably be replaced in the rituals by a larger number of unicorns. I doubt anyone really thinks, beyond the cultural inertia of "Well, of course there has to be an alicorn princess in Canterlot, because… um, because!", that even she really needs to be put up in the big fancy palace, and Cadence, while I seem to recall that she does do some good works, definitely doesn't do any actual governing. Given that Celestia and Luna (who most of the population actual forgot about, IIRC) have now shown themselves to be… whatever it is that caused them to behave in the highly irresponsible ways they did, things were already at only 25% of the alicorns deserving palaces. And then Twilight completely fails to even ask (not even order, ask) that Celestia and Luna issue a public apology…

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:I accept your point, Swicked, and offer my counterpoint: they really are just that stupid.
There are three possibilities,  really. Maybe more, but I'm only thinking of three.
1. They are just stupid and incompetent. Perhaps even simply fickle. The greek gods made a habit of being a patron of a people for generations upon generations before trading that long patronage and source of faithful followers on a whim.
2. They are strong and intelligent and, in every case, they continue to watch over their charges, waiting in the wings to take over if things go particularly south.
3. They are really, really weak. They couldn't control the elements, they couldn't use the rainbow force. They couldn't fight a glorified insect queen nor a twisted shadow whose only weapon was fear and possessed a one-word vocabulary.
They sensed potential in Twilight and her friends and are mostly crossing their hooves and hoping with every confrontation while they try to stay on top of the heap as long as possible.
It clashes with the image of Luna facing down mad dragons, but to do so might have taken all the strength she had saved up for millennia. That or it was staged. Their creation was controlling the dragons... if they still controlled the machine, it could have made the dragons take a dive. I dunno, I haven't read the story. It sounded like the intent of the fight was an obvious show of force, though.
My impression is that, in this universe, it's the "fickle" one. Luna seemed to be having far too much of a good time to be burning off precious reserves of saved-up power, and I think that causing a massive staged disaster because it seemed fun would definitely count towards "fickle". It doesn't seem to me that the disaster was staged, though. It seems more that Celestia and Luna just… didn't care. About a lot of things. They were shown to care about some individual mortals, but that just generates an impression of "There are people the goddesses are interested in and people they aren't; if you're in the latter group, which you probably are, try to stay out of their way lest you be absently trodden on while they're playing".

In other news, this has been showing up for me as a banner advertisement on the forum recently. I'm not going to actually click on it (it is a banner advertisement), but I must admit that I'm a bit tempted…
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:28 pm

Research it first before you go clicking on ads on any website, even if a website seems harmless

That is why I have Adblock
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:44 pm

Oh yes. As I said, I'm not stupid enough to fall for the bait. I did try doing a bit of research, but when unable to find information with a short bit of searching, I decided that it was indeed just that: bait. I really don't see how banner ads actually attract traffic... do people not think about them at all before clicking?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Aug 26, 2014 1:49 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Oh yes.  As I said, I'm not stupid enough to fall for the bait.  I did try doing a bit of research, but when unable to find information with a short bit of searching, I decided that it was indeed just that: bait.  I really don't see how banner ads actually attract traffic... do people not think about them at all before clicking?
Some people really are that stupid... Scootaloo Though I know that I've accidentally clicked an ad a few times, usually trying to click something that was just to the side of it. Also I think some ads give money just for page views.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:05 pm

Beware of stupidity in large groups

Look at Riots, Protests, SPUF, etc
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:06 pm

Being interested in train games seems costly. Apparently to get the current Train Simulator with all the DLC costs in the range of $2K.

Re: Fail Princesses
Equestria as a whole has a ton of holes one can poke into it. Most of which has been questioned in one fic or another. Why is a lot of design human-like, with doorknobs and such?

At no point in the show has 'Tia or Lulu been referred to as deities. They just have the title of Princess, the ability to move the sun and moon around, and are long lived. We really haven't seen an episode where they fought anything other than each other, and that one was just a beam spam. No tactics, just flying and shooting. Best fight in the whole show was the finale, where Twi did teleport, flight and beam spam, albiet a supercharged one.

What we really need is a slice-of-life episode following the princesses. Would show how they deal with daily life, as well as what exactly are they doing day to day. This far into the story and they remain relatively flat.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:51 pm

Thank you, Hinds.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:55 pm

Things are getting out of hand...
Tl;dr: The GCV, the US Army's replacement for the Bradley, is planned to weighs around 86 metric tons.

For the record, a C130-H can only carry under 21 metric tons, and a C5 Galaxy something around 136 metric tons. An M1 Abrams weighs around 70 metric tons, and a Bradley 27.6

Meanwhile, the military planners keep bitching about just how fucking huge the logistics needed for armored operations abroad is.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:57 pm

This is the funniest thing I've seen all day.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:59 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Things are getting out of hand...
Tl;dr: The GCV, the US Army's replacement for the Bradley, is planned to weighs around 86 metric tons.

For the record, a C130-H can only carry under 21 metric tons, and a C5 Galaxy something around 136 metric tons. An M1 Abrams weighs around 70 metric tons, and a Bradley 27.6

Meanwhile, the military planners keep bitching about just how fucking huge the logistics needed for armored operations abroad is.
That isn't even dealing with the fact that we're going to be replacing our 5.6 billion dollars worth of Bradleys in the first place.

Last edited by Scienza on Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:05 pm

I mean, just look at the thing.

Did the DoD outsource the design to Game Workshop???
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:09 pm

Look on the bright side. At least now, Frost will be able to regale us with stories of his exploits in his new power armor.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:13 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Things are getting out of hand...

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 23 D7e14310c0261a3c5f84b11d7f8e91f4

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:16 pm

Uh....yeah. We're not doing that.

Every source I've dealt with or even spoken to gives the indication that when we finally, finally retire the Bradley, it'd be in favor of the Stryker, which is an all-around better APC, while letting specialized variants fill in the role that the Bradley's 25mm did--even now, variants of the Stryker that have their own 25mm are in development, and ones with a 105 cannon are already in production. That's why mech brigades are already phasing out Bradleys in favor of Strykers, though it'll still be several years before all of the Army has 'em. And, just my luck, my brigade is among the last on the list.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Most militaries have more-or-less come to the conclusion that the idea of an IFV just results in an all-around inefficient vehicle as opposed to APC's supported by tanks and close air.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:18 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:I mean, just look at the thing.

Did the DoD outsource the design to Game Workshop???
If Games Workshop had truly designed it, there would be sponsons.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:21 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Why is a lot of design human-like, with doorknobs and such?

That answer is pretty simple. The show was made for humans to view, you can't have Twilight break character and interrupt the story or song to ask what X is so the children the show was meant for can understand what the crap floating around Rarity's head is during art of the dress. "It's for Kids" Doesn't excuse everything, but I do think it covers that.

@Giving the elements of harmony to Twilight

Celestia didn't give the elements of harmony to Twilight or her friends, they just were... I don't know chosen? She did send Twilight to ponyville and put all her future friends in a positions where Twilight would meet them. Even if Celestia saw potential in Twilight that takes some god level foresight to guess that they would be friends considering Twilight's only friends were her brother and babysitter. Also the only known element wielders are Twilight and Co. and Celestia and Luna. So it's not a case of Celestia knows that if you're the element of laughter you will be friends with Kindness, Honesty, and the rest of the elements.

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:21 pm

Welp, my bad then.

Is the GCV still a thing or did it get put under the bus? And if the case of the former, do you know what they intend to use it for?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:25 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Being interested in train games seems costly. Apparently to get the current Train Simulator with all the DLC costs in the range of $2K.
This is another reason why I mostly just read, watch, and imagine.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:At no point in the show has 'Tia or Lulu been referred to as deities.
They are explicitly titled goddesses in the fic we were discussing, though. I don't remember if I mentioned that or not.

OneMoreDaySK wrote:What we really need is a slice-of-life episode following the princesses. Would show how they deal with daily life, as well as what exactly are they doing day to day. This far into the story and they remain relatively flat.
That could be quite interesting, yes.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:25 pm

That's not even mentioning the other benefits of having your troops away from your big guns--even on the Bradley's 25mm (considerably smaller than the gun they want to put on this new thing) dismounts can't cross forward of the third wheel from the back--because at that point the concussion of the gun firing could actually kill them.

@Harm: this is the first I'm hearing of this thing, even, so that should tell you how little anyone actually wants it. If anything, it's just for poaching ideas--it wouldn't be the first time the US Military commissioned a new vehicle, cancelled, and then some of the ideas and improvements on the new vehicle ended up on the old one.

For instance, the M2A4 Bradley (as opposed to our current M2A3's) are far superior, with an unmanned turret that creates more room in the cabin for dismounts and supplies, as well as armor upgrades and, perhaps, the most vital improvement--HVAC.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Vinylshadow Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:30 pm

Now THERE'S an interesting story idea...

What if the Elements of Harmony DIDN'T choose Twilight and her friends?

Would be hilarious if Twi went through her whole "[Pony] represents [Element] because" speech...and then nothing happened and they all fell to Nightmare Moon

It's already been done, hasn't it?

Would be nice if we fixed our own problems at home before we set out on a world-wide campaign to 'fix' everybody else's problems that they didn't ask us to help with

That's like me proposing my own ideas for Project Horizons and saying yours are wrong

I saw that shudder, don't try to hide it!
Vinylshadow
Vinylshadow
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Tue Aug 26, 2014 3:35 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Welp, my bad then.

Is the GCV still a thing or did it get put under the bus? And if the case of the former, do you know what they intend to use it for?
The brass is still operating under the false assumption that they're the center of the fiscal universe. Chances are it'll be scrapped and they'll switch to Strykers like Frost said.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 23 of 29 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 22, 23, 24 ... 29  Next