Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+55
Karazu
awesomeluna
Bootleg
Syroc
Deynarth
SS117
Sonic55514
kingkodus
BaronRed
Heart of Blades
StoneSlinger88
Tanki
Rayndalf
Train Dodger
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
OBS.GS.§S
Moodyman90
Dutcher
Caoimhe
Revan Seiei
Camsy
neoaustin
Shady
Silver136
Stormhopper
Dekshuduph
chinman
JadedPony
Technowolf
Vergil
MSCA
Valikdu
CD
Exodus Hero
Somber
Retl
WavemasterRyx
Meleagridis
RoboRed
The Tainted One
Borsuq
Loud_Taffy
O. Hinds
FeatherDust
Luminous Lead
geekladd
Evilgidgit
Derpmind
Harmony Ltd.
SilentCarto
LunarWaltz
Scienza
OneMoreDaySK
Icy Shake
59 posters

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Retl Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:35 am

Finished Chapter But Lost Response Post:
Retl
Retl
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name: Toy Bloon
Sex: Male
Species: Earth Pony

http://Retl.info

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 3 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 31, 2014 2:46 am

Chapter 65 Commentary:

Editing:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:12 am

SilentCarto wrote:
Chapter 65 Commentary:

Editing:
Ah, thank you.

SilentCarto wrote:You've been using "she" for Biscord all this time. Couple of occurrances of "he" here.
The confusion is deliberate. We debated several different ways of handling the pronoun problem and eventually decided on that.

SilentCarto wrote:Nice summation, there. I almost feel like starting a "Stable Pony Problems" meme.
:D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by WavemasterRyx Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:42 am

O. Hinds wrote:I hope that you enjoy it.  :)
Somber wrote:So, okay chapter then?
*hugs you both again*  It was, it really was a good chapter.  I don't think I could have asked for a better birthday present...

... but it also hurt... a lot.  More than 33, and probably even more than 62b...

I don't know when I'll be able to write up my comments... but I'll try as soon as I can.  I really do hope you'll be okay, Somber, I'm sorry I can't do more to help...  I wish you the absolute best luck with the science position, or anything else to make your life easier.
WavemasterRyx
WavemasterRyx
Hydra

Brohoof! : 376

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 31, 2014 3:47 am

Ah, yes; I already wished you a happy birthday on your Tumblr, but, as that was using a different name, here it is again: happy birthday!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Exodus Hero Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:58 am

Would somebody kindly explain the ending to me?
Spoiler:

A minor gripe about the ending:
Spoiler:

Chapter as a whole:
Spoiler:
Exodus Hero
Exodus Hero
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 15

Character List:
Name: Penny Dust
Species: Filthy Mud Pony

http://exodushero.tumblr.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by CD Mon Mar 31, 2014 5:46 am

Holy shit that was a doozy. Poor, poor Blackjack. I feel so bad for her. This must be the second worst thing that has happened to her. Arguably, her dying on the Seahorse at least happened with her mind at peace. For a moment I felt for sure this was it, the final chapter. But no, her suffering will continue.

Also, Discord was a magnificent bastard.
CD
CD
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:45 am

Okay, wait just an apple-buckin' minute.
Ch. 65 Spoilers:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:48 am

HOLY HELL HOW DID I MISS THE NEW CHAPTER RELEASE?!
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 am

@Somber
"So, okay chapter then?"
Spoiler:

@Exodus Hero
Spoiler:

@SilentCarto
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:17 am

(reposted from the setting thread as it's also a comment on the story)

So, Discord's ultimate fate is now accounted for.

*strike a line from his notepad*

... What's this thing leaking from my eyes? Another malfunction? Ugh.

Anyway, Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:44 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:(reposted from the setting thread as it's also a comment on the story)

So, Discord's ultimate fate is now accounted for.

*strike a line from his notepad*

... What's this thing leaking from my eyes? Another malfunction? Ugh.

Anyway, Godspeed, you magnificent bastard.
 Have fun causing chaos in the next world, o'great Spirit of Chaos!
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:58 am

Silentcarto wrote:Wait wait wait. Teal eyes... sister that either hasn't died or wasn't caught by the Eater... that wasn't Luna, was it? It shouldn't be... the Eater of Souls should be able to eat Luna, right? Because she's a piece of the star it ate before? Or did Luna and Celestia escape being consumed because they were... somehow unpalatable? Mortal souls endowed with celestial power? But I'm still working on the assumption that Luna was the soul being tortured in the Tokomare that so horrified BJ. (I had an alternate theory that it was the EoS itself, but the voice from the pit sort of put paid to that idea.)

It's odd that she mentioned both Echo and Lacunae. Echo hasn't been in circulation for 200 years, and Lacunae didn't exist until after the apocalypse. So unless Echo introduced himself, one ghost to another, I can't imagine who this would be...

And how can a soul mote send help, anyway?
Pinkie Pie and Rarity both have teal eyes, sister(s), and good reasons to think they deserve to hurt.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by geekladd Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:09 am

Somber wrote:So, okay chapter then?
Thank you for another amazing chapter! eyes are kinda burning now and kinda feeling like  Twilight cuz I read it on my phone most of the night (slow reader), but it was worth it
geekladd
geekladd
Foal

Brohoof! : 1

Character List:
Name: Ruby Ribbon
Sex: no thanks
Species: unicorn

http://geekladd.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Mar 31, 2014 12:57 pm

65 editing:

I liked Discord.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 31, 2014 1:47 pm

Last wrote:
65 editing:

I liked Discord.
Ah, thank you.

Last wrote:This one if I remember right was missing a quotation mark at the end.
No, unfortunately.  That's just one of the less sensible, in my opinion, rules of English.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Mar 31, 2014 4:14 pm

How much worse could the situation get?
Spoiler:

Couldn't tear myself away from the chapter for three hours, read it from beginning to end. It's great.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:55 pm

CHAPTER WAS AWESOME

Minor pet theory:
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:58 pm

"Um... 'Princess Luna'?  Why have you been playing Spider Solitaire for sixteen hours straight?"

"I CAN'T STOP!"

I am glad that most people liked it.  Even 4chan seems to be quiet on the chapter, which is a standing ovation from them... or it's really not worth their attention, which I guess is good too.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 31, 2014 7:10 pm

MSCA wrote:CHAPTER WAS AWESOME

Minor pet theory:
Oh, now that's an interesting idea...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:03 pm

Derpmind wrote:"Once upon a time, I’d been a security mare in a diseased stable teetering on the edge of systemic collapse, bloody revolution, or both."

And then everything changed when the Fire Nation attacked.
I hate you...  Spike 

Derpmind wrote:"“Trottenheimer’s firing trajectory is unaccommodating for interception,”"

...oh fuck me sideways, Folly is Goldenblood's backup plan. The backup plan to the 'destroy the planet' plan. Project Horizons fires, and Folly intercepts it and destroys it.
...Huh! Interesting thought. Could be, could very well be...

Derpmind wrote:...damnit, she's good enough at holograms that all of this is probably fake. I hope.
Oh, you think? I kind of assumed it was totally real. She was able to fire on the Warden, after all.

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Pinkie Pie and Rarity both have teal eyes, sister(s), and good reasons to think they deserve to hurt.
Pinkie and Rarity (and AJ) are accounted for in the afterlife. (Ch. 34)

I moved closer still and saw a second light, a soft orange point that sang the other sound.  And then a third was born, a cheery pink.  Another, majestic purple.

MSCA wrote:
Minor pet theory:
Spoiler:

Somber wrote:"Um... 'Princess Luna'?  Why have you been playing Spider Solitaire for sixteen hours straight?"
"I CAN'T STOP!"
That made me giggle.  Fluttershy

Last edited by SilentCarto on Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 31, 2014 8:12 pm

Random thoughts that have percolated after a good night's sleep and a day at work:
Spoiler:
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:20 pm

Just a few initial thoughts.

Cogs is still thinking of the Eater as a mere thing, but it's not.  It's alive, in a way.  Or perhaps undead.  I thought it was rather nice irony that the Eater's influence continually creates and destroys random life-forms.  Irony: The eater forges flesh and blood into tools, the same way flesh and blood ponies forge starmetal.

As they went down though the city's roots, I was struck by another bit of irony: Cognitum's dream of a chrome future is literally built on a rotting foundation.

A couple editing issues:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:40 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Derpmind wrote:...damnit, she's good enough at holograms that all of this is probably fake. I hope.
Oh, you think? I kind of assumed it was totally real. She was able to fire on the Warden, after all.

Well, she is "Cognitium" so going logically, if she has the capability to make holograms indistinguishable from reality, (and we know she has good enough intel and sensors for the data to make it accurate,) then not fake it when actually doing it is going to get you the same quality pictures and cost you lots of peasants? Cognitium did spend a good deal of the chapter reinforcing her tendency to keep ponies around in her stasis pods. Why burn villages down when she can rule over them instead?

MSCA wrote:
Minor pet theory:

I don't think this belongs in spoiler tags but whatever:
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 31, 2014 9:47 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Just a few initial thoughts.

Cogs is still thinking of the Eater as a mere thing, but it's not.  It's alive, in a way.  Or perhaps undead.  I thought it was rather nice irony that the Eater's influence continually creates and destroys random life-forms.  Irony: The eater forges flesh and blood into tools, the same way flesh and blood ponies forge starmetal.

As they went down though the city's roots, I was struck by another bit of irony: Cognitum's dream of a chrome future is literally built on a rotting foundation.

A couple editing issues:
Argh, I thought that we'd gotten all of those. Thanks!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by MSCA Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:14 pm

Derpmind wrote:Also, all of us here have been thinking and figuring things out together since we first posted comments up on EqD. I know you meant no offense, but it's a little unfair to everyone to say just one person figured things out. Besides, he's been wrong plenty of times just like the rest of us.

I admittedly skim this thread because there are a lot of posts and I don't have a lot of free time.  I happened to notice a couple of good predictions about this chapter.  I never said no one else figured things out, or that he's never been wrong.

Like you said, I didn't mean any offense, I just wanted to highlight something cool.

Last edited by MSCA on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
MSCA
MSCA
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 8

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:29 pm

swicked wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:
FeatherDust wrote:Just a few initial thoughts.

A couple editing issues:
Argh, I thought that we'd gotten all of those.  Thanks!
If these are the only two instances that finally got through, I'd call it a job well done.
I think Somber should probably make those corrections, though, rather than nuking the sentences or anything.
...Um, the corrections are already made (I don't make the post until I've done the corrections, unless the chapter is too crowded) and weren't just deleting the sentences. This is the standard procedure. If Somber wants to change something I did, he's of course welcome to, but I think that I recall at most one complaint on one correction out of the dozens and dozens of chapters I've been doing this with. I see no reason to by default take up Somber's valuable time and slow improvement of the story for small issues like this.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:38 pm

Derpmind wrote:Well, she is "Cognitium" so going logically, if she has the capability to make holograms indistinguishable from reality, (and we know she has good enough intel and sensors for the data to make it accurate,) then not fake it when actually doing it is going to get you the same quality pictures and cost you lots of peasants? Cognitium did spend a good deal of the chapter reinforcing her tendency to keep ponies around in her stasis pods. Why burn villages down when she can rule over them instead?
I don't know... there's so many odd little details. Things like the Seahorse getting scorched but probably escaping. Rover pulling Fifi out of the line of fire of the first strike, then being somewhere in a crowd that got blasted by the beam. If she was trying to apply pressure by showing BJ her friends getting killed, wouldn't she, you know, show said friends getting killed?

Moreover, there are better targets to offer if she was simply making it up. Glory or P-21, for instance. Scotch Tape. Lacunae Psalm. Stronghooves. Rather than threatening entire communities, she could make the threat much more personal. But she doesn't. She targets acquaintences and locations instead of those nearest and dearest to Blackjack, and that suggests to me that she's picking out targets that she has available at that very moment.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:49 pm

SilentCarto wrote:Okay, wait just an apple-buckin' minute.
Ch. 65 Spoilers:
Just because the prophecy was made up doesn't mean it isn't also true.  Derpy Hooves 

But yes, something is definitely screwy.  Blackjack does indeed have a connection to the stars unlike any other living pony; from Sparkle, to an ancestor who visited the moon in utero and had 'stars in her eyes', to being personally saved by the stars on multiple occasions and at least one full on soul-visit to their realm.

She didn't just stumble into a fake prophecy.  It may be that Amadi is himself a pawn in a game much deeper than he suspects.

As to Blackjack's cutie mark, I kind of tend to agree that there's something 'off' with Cognitum's analysis.  Primarily because Blackjack's name isn't Blackjack.  The symbol only means victory in a game that she isn't even named for.  In Go Fish, that's an unmatched set, a losing hand...  I can't accept that her mark means "big win" based on a nickname. (Of course I always kinda have a problem with the "I don't know what my cutie mark means!" trope. As far as I'm concerned, a cutie mark comes from the mind and soul of the pony who got it; it's inherently meaningful to them, and you could no more get a mark without knowing its meaning than you could write your name and not know who it's talking about.)

Do we know if Blackjack even started going by that name before she got her cutie mark?  Actually does anyone recall where her cutie mark story was given?  I can't recall and searching for "cutie mark" is a needle in a haystack operation.

Last edited by FeatherDust on Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:15 am; edited 2 times in total
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Tue Apr 01, 2014 12:11 am

Wow. That chapter was something. Too late to add much right now, given consecutive nights of insomnia, a travel day yesterday, and work in the morning (heck, it's really too late already), so just the basics.

Chapter Sixty Five Running Thoughts:
Chapter Sixty Five Editing:
Editing was taken from the version about five or six hours ago.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 30 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 16 ... 30  Next