Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+21
Scienza
Cptadder
O. Hinds
Frost
Kattlarv
Valikdu
Aonee
Ketchup
Tytan
Penby
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
Katarn
RoboRed
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
StoneSlinger88
Ironmonger
OneMoreDaySK
CamoBadger
25 posters

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:07 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:Sunday, Bloody Sunday.
Damn you, now I'm forced to listen to this song again.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 11 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:21 pm

@Moody
Anything wrong with putting it here? PM if it's too wierd (considering our standards, wierd has to be very wierd). Won't be on TS for a while.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:49 pm

Nothing wrong with putting it here, just less likely to have people go "You forgot about this" anywhere else haha.

Anyways, Jackie joined us with his Griffon character with a ton of headcanon we decided to roll with. Mainly that after a contract gone wrong and most of his group was killed, Kage found himself among a Deer tribe that taught him their ways, which was mainly spirit magic. At first the totems wasn't a problem, everybody got one that if memory serves gave +1 to Luck and +1 to your lowest Special. If you had two the same level than the one of your choice.
After Jackie killed Kage off he actually introduced a Deer character and from there we jump to season 2 where most can agree the problem was at.

As a Griffon, Kage was limited to what he could do with totems, and while there was still limitations stated, Deers had free run of what kind of totems they could make or have. Since I have yet to re-read through Season 2 my memory is lacking, but the others are always happy to bring up "batman-totems" because one of the deer characters had a pouch full of totems that just so happened to always have what we needed. While never getting as ridiculous as bat-shark repellent, the bag of totems pretty much eliminated most out of combat tension. 
"We need to start a fire and nobody has a match, lighter, or even flint and steel."
"I have a totem for that!"

"We're low on fresh water and need to get some more soon."
"Don't worry, this totem can purify X gallons of water a day!"

We was all guilty of power gaming in some form or another in the first two seasons, me especially, but for whatever reason the totems has drawn the most ire over time.

There's other details I have left out, but that was the problem with totems in the old RPs, nearly anything you wanted, when you wanted, with no noticeable drawbacks for using them and got to the point of eye-rolling when they was brought up.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:58 pm

WAAAAAAAAAAAGH (ironbait):
Awwwwwww (lastbait):
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:12 pm

Moodyman90 wrote:We was all guilty of power gaming in some form or another in the first two seasons, me especially, but for whatever reason the totems has drawn the most ire over time.

None of my 'cool' or 'tense' moments had any weight because you guys always found the most optimal route around them.  Derpy Hooves 
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:16 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:We was all guilty of power gaming in some form or another in the first two seasons, me especially, but for whatever reason the totems has drawn the most ire over time.

None of my 'cool' or 'tense' moments had any weight because you guys always found the most optimal route around them.  Derpy Hooves 
You have to assume that your players won't follow your plan.

Confront them with a bad guy that you want them to do business with?
They'll kill him.

Lock them in a house with a carefully planned way out?
They'll burn it down.

Tell them they have to resurrect a character?
They'll discuss it for an hour and pick an ancillary character they liked.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:21 pm

Enjoy those funky beats:

Spoiler:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZ3w6ZWmZRY
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:31 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:

"Alright guys, here's a resurrection spell. It works one time on anyone, including those from a character's backstory. This should totally cause some infighting. "
"... Screw that, we chose to skip on it. "
"... Fuck you guys then, I'm bringing back my own character."
"Dude wasn't she a unicorn?"
"She can fly now."
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:32 pm

That fucking face:

Spoiler:
(source)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:46 pm

Tytan wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:

They'll kill him.

They'll burn it down.

No no no. They'll come to a concensus on that in five minutes. Decide it's a trap and pick a character to bring back that they have no qualms about killing.

They'll argue for an hour over who wants to stand on the self sacrifice pedastel.

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:48 pm

Aonee wrote:"Alright guys, here's a resurrection spell. It works one time on anyone, including those from a character's backstory. This should totally cause some infighting. "
"She can fly now."

Did... did this happen? I don't remember that...

@Tytan
It wasn't my intention to imply I was doing it well.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:50 pm

Tytan wrote:
Scyto Harmony wrote:

They'll kill him.

They'll burn it down.

You forgot blowing off an NPC's head rather than make a trade with the villain.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:54 pm

CamoBadger wrote:

To be fair we'd already killed one that day.

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Last wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:

To be fair we'd already killed one that day meeting.
fixd
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Aonee Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:55 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:
Aonee wrote:"Alright guys, here's a resurrection spell. It works one time on anyone, including those from a character's backstory. This should totally cause some infighting. "
"She can fly now."

Did... did this happen? I don't remember that...
Yes, that's how Izumi came back with wings.
Aonee
Aonee
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 98

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:59 pm

I find myself very glad I barely remember half of these things... and very disappointed that you all remember.  Scootaloo 
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 5:59 pm

http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/soylent-no-food-for-30-days
http://www-refresh.vice-motherboard-test.appspot.com/read/the-guy-who-want-to-sell-you-salami-made-out-of-james-franco-are-100-serious

THE FUTURE IS NOW
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:06 pm

http://www.policymic.com/articles/83655/watch-obama-hilariously-announce-the-government-is-building-an-iron-man-suit
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/TALOS_%28uniform%29

Spoiler:

What a time to be alive

What a time to be alive

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:09 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:08 pm

Eh, most of our shenanigans in Meadows Ford comes from Zebras summoning things. Just waiting for a couple of more <10> until something hilariously terrible happens. The worst threat at the moment would be Flashpoint's GF.

@Harmony
Are we going after Thalmor now?
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:11 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:http://motherboard.vice.com/blog/soylent-no-food-for-30-days
http://www-refresh.vice-motherboard-test.appspot.com/read/the-guy-who-want-to-sell-you-salami-made-out-of-james-franco-are-100-serious

THE FUTURE IS NOW
Soylent.

SOYLENT

WE ALL KNOW WHERE THIS IS GOING
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:14 pm

Heh. I've found the scientific term for that fear the Nightkin in Fallout New Vegas have of being seen / observed:

scopophobia
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Feb 27, 2014 7:10 pm

Tytan wrote:
WAAAAAAAAAAAGH (ironbait):
I was reminded of this song, though the lyrics aren't fitting.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:12 pm

ironlulz?:
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:19 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
ironlulz?:

I needed that. I was in a bad mood until I saw that, and that cleared it right up. Thanks.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:26 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Heh. I've found the scientific term for that fear the Nightkin in Fallout New Vegas have of being seen / observed:

scopophobia
Hm, interesting. I wonder if it would be practical to have a background character with that in Asylum?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:41 pm

pokemon lulz
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:45 pm

Selfbait:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:46 pm

...Um. I'm pretty sure that that's Lightning Dust, not Spitfire.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:47 pm

That's the name of the blog that uses that style.

Last edited by Last on Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:56 pm; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:48 pm

O. Hinds wrote:...Um.  I'm pretty sure that that's Lightning Dust, not Spitfire.
It is Lightning Dust. The Style she's drawn in is borrowed from Cyberpunk Spitfire

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 31 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 21 ... 31  Next