Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+50
The Tainted One
Twilightrose42
The Truth
Boing
Luminous Lead
CD
Katarn
OneMoreDaySK
TyrannisUmbra
MSCA
Tytan
Technowolf
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Dekshuduph
Meleagridis
ChaosDX1
chinman
Borsuq
skibadaa
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Rayndalf
FoolNeim
Retl
Evilgidgit
Shady
Harmony Ltd.
Scienza
CrispyBit
Aonee
Train Dodger
Stringtheory
TheWanderingZebra
StoneSlinger88
Kippershy
FeatherDust
Silver136
WavemasterRyx
Downloaded Skill
Somber
Derpmind
Exodus Hero
Caoimhe
SilentCarto
Moodyman90
O. Hinds
RoboRed
Vergil
CamoBadger
Icy Shake
54 posters

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 13, 2014 2:58 pm

Scotch Tape: Because she goes on long-winded sciency stuff. She doesn't blow as many things up as Blackjack.

Hmmm. It's because she get stuck to a supportive role and wasn't proactive. Granted, much of it was due to being dragged around by Blackjack, but a lot of stuff just happens to her and she responds in kind. Her journey was one more of rediscovery, having lost her home, her family, and her identity bits at a time. But she doesn't ever go out looking for stuff, because most of her problems were introspective, rather than an actual physical goal. I mean now she actually has something to do (cure enervation) but she was kind of tilting towards being in a similar situation as Homage, the support chick. That's one of the many ideas I'm tossing around in my head trying to answer your question.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 56

Character List:
Name: Alouette
Sex: Female
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 26 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by Scienza Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:03 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Hmph.  Why does everyone think Glory is boring?  :(
Because eggheads and adorableness.

Honestly though, I think it's a difference of interests. Glory always wants to examine things, to determine and fully understand the root causes behind why things happen, while most of the rest of the party tends to live in the moment. They're still interested in finding out why the world went to hell, but they're more interested in finding out where the road takes them rather than the compound that made it.

Also because big words.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:16 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:
neoaustin wrote:...swicked i swear im going to stab you. that goddamn Celestia picture is bugging me. -_-
It changes, if you're referring to the one in the signature! Tres cool.
 the fact that it changes is what bugs me, how the hell does that even work? Scootaloo
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 6

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:33 pm

Scienza wrote:
Because eggheads and adorableness.

Honestly though, I think it's a difference of interests. Glory always wants to examine things, to determine and fully understand the root causes behind why things happen, while most of the rest of the party tends to live in the moment. They're still interested in finding out why the world went to hell, but they're more interested in finding out where the road takes them rather than the compound that made it.

Also because big words.
And I like her for some reason.  :D

swicked wrote:
Now I'm curious... what was snipe's opinion of Glory?
I don't recall, I'm afraid.

swicked wrote:'Cause it seems like I'm the only one of y'all that doesn't like her.
Oh, sorry about that. Do you think that Bronode likes her despite his jokes about her boringness?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Evilgidgit Thu Mar 13, 2014 3:53 pm

I don't think Glory is boring, I think find her very charming and funny.
Evilgidgit
Evilgidgit
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 18

http://evilgidgit.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 13, 2014 4:28 pm

@neoaustin
His signature links to a website that randomly selects a picture from a gallery that he's filled after registering.

Glory started out as the naive newcomer, but that eventually had to wear out as she grew accustomed to the wasteland. She's like the straightpony to everypony else's antics.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Mar 13, 2014 6:58 pm

More on why Scotch might find her boring: Glory's first independent goal, figuring out what's up with the raiders, was fairly well resolved by the time Scotch left the stable; likewise, she was already exiled from her family and community by the time that Scotch was with them, and Blackjack was in her suicidal episode at the time, so she never got to see Glory outside of team mom mode for a while, and I think by that point the impression was solidified.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:00 pm

Scienza wrote:Honestly though, I think it's a difference of interests. Glory always wants to examine things, to determine and fully understand the root causes behind why things happen, while most of the rest of the party tends to live in the moment. They're still interested in finding out why the world went to hell, but they're more interested in finding out where the road takes them rather than the compound that made it.
This. Glory ends up being the team's moral center and the restraint on BJ or P-21 doing anything too crazy. She's a critical part of the team, but it means she generally tends to be a force for inaction rather than action. I think she would show a more active side as part of a mystery-oriented investigative group. Like say if you had a bunch of scientists trying to crack the secrets of Enervation...

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Glory started out as the naive newcomer, but that eventually had to wear out as she grew accustomed to the wasteland. She's like the straightpony to everypony else's antics.
Yes, exactly. Compare her to a truly sedentary character like Triage, and it's clear that she's only boring by comparison to madponies like Blackjack and Rampage.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:25 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:@neoaustin
His signature links to a website that randomly selects a picture from a gallery that he's filled after registering.

Glory started out as the naive newcomer, but that eventually had to wear out as she grew accustomed to the wasteland. She's like the straightpony to everypony else's antics.

For a good long time she always had a home that she could have gone back to. She entered the wasteland by choice (no coerced into leaving like BJ, P21 or Scotch, not born in it like Lacunae and Rampage) and continued to defend the actions of the ingsoc Enclave (even after they branded her, if I remember correctly), all the while crapping on Rainbow Dash's past efforts.

Everyone else was a fairly hardcore rebel against the system: Blackjack came to blows with Daisy over right and wrong, P-21 secretly killed other males, Rampage was an outcast even among the Reaper psychos, and Lacunae constantly fought against the Goddess. Glory... delivered food? I mean, sure it's gutsy, considering the vast social stigmas, but it was all done legitimately, and we didn't get to see it happen. Whereas most of the other characters harbour some sort of dark secret, Glory's main flaw is her lack of self confidence, meaning she doesn't have as much presence as the rest of the characters.

She's been made the damsel in distress fairly often, too (from the first impression at the weather tower, to redlight-greenlight game in the play hospital, to her branding at lighthooves, losing a wing undergrond, to falling at the filly flashers, to having an awful fate in the dark future, turned into Rainbow Dash, to being held hostage at the enclave...) so her heroic roles tend to be overshadowed by the actions of everyone else trying to save her. Kind of felt like the team Woobie, I guess.

So yeah, she may have seemed a bit boring compared to everyone else, but that's mainly because everyone else didn't seem to have a major charisma penalty for being hopelessly out of their element.

That being said, though her competence to deal with wasteland bullshit started out low early on she's really grown powerful in the late game, especially when given access to advanced equipment. She's probably Blackjack's only hope for surviving the next few years, too, as the cyberization is going to have put a lot of strain on the body and a trained medic/techie will make a vital companion.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 13, 2014 7:29 pm

You know, I meant the question as rhetorical and a joke, originally; I'm quite pleasantly surprised to see the discussion springing from it growing so.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:10 pm

Well, she is my third favorite character after Lac and Rampage, so I'm willing to spring to defend her non-boringness.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by OneMoreDaySK Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:49 pm

Again, in the wasteland, a hero like Glory is outshadowed by all the crazier ponies. She's there, just not as loud as the others, or at least until she finds the cure for Enervation.

Another question/prompt: Name Blackjack's kid, type, gender, and possible mutations.
OneMoreDaySK
OneMoreDaySK
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Icy Shake Thu Mar 13, 2014 10:53 pm

My guess is colt, given how early on, even as late as in the twenties, she was still instinctively thinking only of a filly, even if she would perhaps on occasion catch herself and add colt as an afterthought.
Icy Shake
Icy Shake
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 308

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:33 pm

OneMoreDaySK wrote:Again, in the wasteland, a hero like Glory is outshadowed by all the crazier ponies. She's there, just not as loud as the others, or at least until she finds the cure for Enervation.
Yyyyeah... considering that Rampage is already with BJ, I can't wait to see Glory piloting a burning Castellanus on a one-way rescue mission straight down Cognitum's throat with "Mars, the Bringer of War" blasting on its exterior speakers.
It's gonna be epic.  Applebloom

(Sure, it could have been something by Judas Priest or Dragonforce, but this is Glory we're talking about. She strikes me as a Classical sort of gal.)
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Mar 13, 2014 11:46 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
OneMoreDaySK wrote:Again, in the wasteland, a hero like Glory is outshadowed by all the crazier ponies. She's there, just not as loud as the others, or at least until she finds the cure for Enervation.
Yyyyeah... considering that Rampage is already with BJ, I can't wait to see Glory piloting a burning Castellanus on a one-way rescue mission straight down Cognitum's throat with "Mars, the Bringer of War" blasting on its exterior speakers.
It's gonna be epic.  Applebloom

(Sure, it could have been something by Judas Priest or Dragonforce, but this is Glory we're talking about. She strikes me as a Classical sort of gal.)
Hee! :D
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:00 am

Another question/prompt: Name Blackjack's kid, type, gender, and possible mutations.

Name: Goldenheart, Type: Probably unicorn, maybe Earth pony. There's even a remote possibility of batpony. Gender: I agree with Icy that the kid'll probably be a colt. Possible Mutations: His mother's magical liver.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 14, 2014 6:16 pm

Kkat seems to be quite liking PH, judging by her latest blog post.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:28 pm

O. Hinds wrote:Kkat seems to be quite liking PH, judging by her latest blog post.
though i don't think Kkat has read that far through it, seeing as how the quotes are from book 1

(when writing this i realized i don't know Kkat's gender and have he/she pegged as a girl in my mind. Scootaloo  . help please?)
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:36 pm

General consensus and claims from those who've talked to Kkat say female, but debates still continue on.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:46 pm

neoaustin wrote:
O. Hinds wrote:Kkat seems to be quite liking PH, judging by her latest blog post.
though i don't think Kkat has read that far through it, seeing as how the quotes are from book 1

(when writing this i realized i don't know Kkat's gender and have he/she pegged as a girl in my mind. Scootaloo  . help please?)

In one of the comments Kkat said that they had read up to the teen chapters (16- 17 I can't remember.) and wouldn't be reading any further.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:38 pm

Last wrote:
neoaustin wrote:

In one of the comments Kkat said that they had read up to the teen chapters (16- 17 I can't remember.) and wouldn't be reading any further.
Oh, sorry. Comments on what?
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Derpmind Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:43 pm

Here's the link for anyone interested. Made my comment there, too, if anyone's interested in what I think. (It's ok if you're not, I don't claim to be more interesting than Kkat.)
Derpmind
Derpmind
Mindmaster Extraordinaire

Brohoof! : 166

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:01 pm

O. Hinds wrote:
Oh, sorry.  Comments on what?

Someone asked Kkat if they read PH in a previous journal entry (Can't remember which one. Robo posted it here and a few comments later I said "We know how far Kkat read now at least" or something like that if you want to dive through the pages.) and Kkat responded that he/she read up to 16 or so and wouldn't be reading any further.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:04 pm

Found it. It was the one about raiders in response to a user named feather scratch.

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:12 pm

I just found it too. Thanks. There don't seem to be any details regarding why she stopped...
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:20 pm

Probably better Kkat doesn't say. Might result in her/him unintentionally making ammo for the people who do just hate the story for the sake of it.

Back to top Go down

Post by Luminous Lead Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:42 pm

Last wrote:Probably better Kkat doesn't say. Might result in her/him unintentionally making ammo for the people who do just hate the story for the sake of it.

Kkat is female. The whole "Kkat-man" username thing was a reference to an old roleplaying game she was once in, I think.

Luminous Lead
Earth Pony

Brohoof! : 21

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Luminous%20Lead

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:00 pm

Got a quote? Unless Kkat said it I'm not going to assume anything.

Back to top Go down

Post by neoaustin Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:43 pm

so, random question for all except O.hinds (cause pony creator) is your account picture something you made?
neoaustin
neoaustin
Colt/Filly

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Fri Mar 14, 2014 10:47 pm

neoaustin wrote:so, random question for all except O.hinds (cause pony creator) is your account picture something you made?
Wrong thread for that question mate, try the chat thread. But I will answer your question: no my avatar was simply one of the first pictures that came up when I googled 'string theory' and its suitably awesome.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 32 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 32  Next