Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+25
Harmony Ltd.
Meleagridis
Aonee
Scienza
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
Tytan
Plasticube
Ketchup
OneMoreDaySK
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Moodyman90
cb5
Scyto Harmony
StoneSlinger88
Stringtheory
Frost
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Penby
Kippershy
RoboRed
Kattlarv
Katarn
29 posters

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:32 pm

Tytan wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:No, seriously. They were a bit iffy when I showed up at the age of 13, but then they saw me take down a terrorist with my bare hands right before it stung the recruiter--it was fucking huge, man--and they got me right on the plane to Benning.
Oh yeah, well I graduated top of my class in the Navy Seals.
And I was a Tier 1 Space Marine in the 501st.

I was a female Grey Knight who wielded chaos weaponry in the 101st.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 28 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:33 pm

Ironmonger wrote:I was a female Grey Knight who wielded chaos weaponry in the 101st.
I'm sure in context this makes sounds incredibly stupid.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:36 pm

Tytan wrote:
Ironmonger wrote:I was a female Grey Knight who wielded chaos weaponry in the 101st.
I would say it's the definition of Mary Sue, but there are canon characters that make this look completely possible.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:37 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
I would say it's the definition of Mary Sue, but there are canon characters that make this look completely possible.

Are you referring to pretty much every Ultra Marine ever, perhaps?

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:41 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan wrote:

Are you referring to pretty much every Ultra Marine ever, perhaps?
Yes, and a certain Grey Knight character...
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 pm

You people make me laugh...

I infiltrated Bin Laden's compound and stole his entire booze collection without being noticed, then I gave the location of the compound the the US government so they could take him down.

Yep.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:42 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan wrote:
Canon makers are allowed to make a mary sue every now and then. But really only if they're some sort of unimportant side character. Making them the main character however is just obnoxious.

I have difficulty watching/reading something with a main character that stinks of OC.

@Guard, If I remember right there's no such thing as a female space marine. But my knowledge of Warhammer is severely lacking.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:43 pm

RoboRed wrote:You people make me laugh...

I infiltrated Bin Laden's compound and stole his entire booze collection without being noticed, then I gave the location of the compound the the US government so they could take him down.

Yep.
Are you Janitor from Scrubs?
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Please, as a young child I killed a group of terrorist-children using only my index finger and thumb.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

I was Nyx.

There. Now the Sue Sungularity will devour the entire galaxy.

Last edited by Valikdu on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Tytan wrote:
@Guard, If I remember right there's no such thing as a female space marine. But my knowledge of Warhammer is severely lacking.

There's not. The closest people to such a thing are the Sisters of Battle, and they're completely without augments save for their special power armor.

@Valikdu

Damn it, man! Ya done fucked up!

Last edited by Ironmonger on Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:44 pm

Oh yeah? Well fuck all of you and fuck the EMPORAH too, I am an even greater power.

I am the darkness of the void. I am that who no man can see, touch nor kill. I am that which is incomprehensible. I am...
Spoiler:
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm

The only females are the Sisters of Battle and some Inquisitor. They're basically chamber militant of the Inquisition, I believe Ordo Heritcus but I might be wrong.

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Valikdu wrote:
I was Nyx.

Blackjack already took that role.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:45 pm

Frost, I have it on good authority that all military personnel share a psychic brain link. Can you ask Phil McSorly when the next Cobalt album is coming out? =P

Sorry about the foot. Sounds painful.

Lastly, would you say that being in the army has increased or decreased your penchant for sarcasm? Spike

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:46 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
RoboRed wrote:You people make me laugh...

Yep.
Are you Janitor from Scrubs?
Yes, he is Jan Itor. Olympic hurdler, Hollywood actor, and all around terrifying being.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:49 pm

Kippershy wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
I was Nyx.

I thought Mary Sue's weren't allowed to have issues.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:52 pm

Tytan wrote:I thought Mary Sue's weren't allowed to have issues.
Huehuehue
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:53 pm

Tytan wrote:
Kippershy wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
I was Nyx.

I thought Mary Sue's weren't allowed to have issues.
See, that's where it only gets worse. Most Mary Sue's don't have any flaws. That's why they're Mary Sue's, for the most part.
Blackjack on the other hand, oh, she takes Mary Sueness to a whole new level.
She has issues yet somehow at the same time completely ignores those issues and uses them as strengths to bolster her already OP nature.
She THEN uses her heritage and becomes stronger than any Mary Sue that ever existed.
Her Mary Sueness was the Mary Sue that pierced the heavens.

She is the ultimate Mary Sue.

Need an example?
When she became cybernetic, she became a lot heavier and in theory, less nimble. Instead, she became stronger, tougher, faster and more nimble - and then with fingers too.
When she broke those cybernetics backflipping off of a balcony or whatever onto Deus before ripping him open with her fingers, she then got armour that made her even stronger and tougher at the cost of agility - but STILL manages to outrun pegasai who are in full pursuit despite the fact she was meant to be clunky as shit.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:55 pm

@Ty: for example, Kharn. By most definitions, he's kinda Sueish and definitely OP. He's just so cool and generally not focused-on that the fandom doesn't mind. 

Also, if you want to talk about terrifying human beings, I'd like to throw the First Sergeant  into consideration. You know what he does when he goes home for the weekends? He goes to the desert where his house used to be, and he stands, and he glares. What happened to his house, you ask? He glared at it. What happened to the vegetation? He glared at it. That area used to be a goddamn forest until he moved in and started glaring. 

Cobalt, if it's not clear by now, the Army is a whetstone for the blade of sarcasm
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:58 pm

Mister Frost wrote:the Army is a whetstone for the blade of sarcasm
Truer words have never been spoken
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 2:59 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Tytan wrote:I thought Mary Sue's weren't allowed to have issues.
Huehuehue
Ehhhhhhh... Close enough I suppose. The shoe doesn't fit exactly right.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:00 pm

POP QUIZ HOTSHOTS!

Name a male Mary Sue. Worst Batpony doesn't count. Iron's characters also don't count.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:04 pm

Tytan wrote:POP QUIZ HOTSHOTS!

Name a male Mary Sue. Worst Batpony doesn't count. Iron's characters also don't count.
90% of HiE fics, probably even more.

Last edited by stringtheory on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:05 pm

Legate 
Goldenblood

Spike
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:07 pm

I'm gradually revamping all of my characters. Anyway, Lucius the Eternal.

EDIT: If you mean just ponies, then I don't know.

Last edited by Ironmonger on Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:08 pm; edited 1 time in total

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:07 pm

CRIMSON WINGS!
Do I get points now?
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:08 pm

Jeez, Frost really does have a weird affect on this forum, since when do we ever talk this much?
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Jeez, Frost really does have a weird affect on this forum, since when do we ever talk this much?
Since Frost and Harmony were around.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Mon Dec 09, 2013 3:11 pm

Scyto Harmony wrote:Jeez, Frost really does have a weird affect on this forum, since when do we ever talk this much?
He's the hero this thread deserves.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 28 of 32 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32  Next