Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+24
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Derpmind
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Downloaded Skill
Scienza
Kippershy
brony all alone
Admiral Stoic Rum
Kattlarv
cb5
Scyto Harmony
Moodyman90
RoboRed
Aonee
Valikdu
Tytan
CamoBadger
Ironmonger
Katarn
Penby
28 posters

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Guest Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:30 pm

I feel like the campaign mode for Battlefield games is there so they can say that they have "an eight hour campaign" or whatever.

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 29 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Scyto Harmony Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:37 pm

Overlong Analysis Cobalt wrote:I feel like the campaign mode for Battlefield games is there so they can say that they have "an eight hour campaign" or whatever.
Actually I think I heard the campaign is even less then that - four hours (Which is pitiful, even by a MMS standard).
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:42 am

I lol'd.:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:09 am

Campaign is four hours or so unless you're playing it on hard, which it then goes up to six - eight depending on just how shit your friendly AI wants to be and just how much of a cheating wanker the enemy AI wants to be by throwing grenades 24/7.
I unlocked the gun in the end, but fuck, not being able to skip through roughly 20 minutes of credits just so I can unlock a decent gun for support class in multiplayer so I can have something worth using is a joke.
The amount of times my friendly AI fucked me over too... pushing me off of ledges or out of cover, for example.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:22 am

@Kipper
"You're in my spot, sir." *shoves into tank fire*

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:25 am

@Kipp
I've hated the final choice..why it couldn't be three variants, instead of two? Third would've been better, I guess.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 02, 2013 5:01 am

Kippershy wrote:I just completed that fucking shitty campaign for BF4
Kip. You've decided to play a spunkgargleweewee game by your own free will. You knew what you were getting into. So, don't say that you've never asked for this or anything.

Trollestia
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:32 am

Kippershy wrote:Campaign is four hours or so unless you're playing it on hard, which it then goes up to six - eight depending on just how shit your friendly AI wants to be and just how much of a cheating wanker the enemy AI wants to be by throwing grenades 24/7.
I unlocked the gun in the end, but fuck, not being able to skip through roughly 20 minutes of credits just so I can unlock a decent gun for support class in multiplayer so I can have something worth using is a joke.
The amount of times my friendly AI fucked me over too... pushing me off of ledges or out of cover, for example.
At least they don't do what other games do and have a vip service and then have you have to pay money for a bfg.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:36 am

All this reminds me when I had to get a new PS3 cause the Blu-Ray drive died on the other one. Could have gotten it fixed but went "The other one lasted me three hard years of gaming, and there's better versions out now."

The one I got came with a copy of Black Ops. I wasn't thrilled since inFAMOUS 2 had just came out, but I decided I was going to play and beat it after getting everything set up and the data transferred from one PS3 to the other. So I forced myself out of bed before 8 Saturday, popped the game in (having transferred all data the night before), and by noon I'd beaten the game, played through all the levels at least twice just for the hell of it (my favorite one being the escape from prison), and tried out multiplayer.
Popped in inFAMOUS 2 and it took me three days to get through the game as "good" including all the side missions and whatnot. 

Granted I did play on Normal just so I could said I beat it, but I effectively beat Black Ops twice in under 4 hours.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:44 am

Moodyman90 wrote:All this reminds me when I had to get a new PS3 cause the Blu-Ray drive died on the other one. Could have gotten it fixed but went "The other one lasted me three hard years of gaming, and there's better versions out now."

The one I got came with a copy of Black Ops. I wasn't thrilled since inFAMOUS 2 had just came out, but I decided I was going to play and beat it after getting everything set up and the data transferred from one PS3 to the other. So I forced myself out of bed before 8 Saturday, popped the game in (having transferred all data the night before), and by noon I'd beaten the game, played through all the levels at least twice just for the hell of it (my favorite one being the escape from prison), and tried out multiplayer.
Popped in inFAMOUS 2 and it took me three days to get through the game as "good" including all the side missions and whatnot. 

Granted I did play on Normal just so I could said I beat it, but I effectively beat Black Ops twice in under 4 hours.
That's one of the problems with modern gaming.  The more popular games are easier to beat.  It's cause they realize how much children are of their buyer base so if they make the games actually challenging then there goes a ton of money.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:08 am

cb5 wrote: It's cause they realize how much children are of their buyer base so if they make the games actually challenging then there goes a ton of money.
It's also rated M, but no one cares about that. I mean, if control by rating was actually enforced in any way, GTA 5 wouldn't have broken any records, probably.
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 02, 2013 10:15 am

Valikdu wrote:
cb5 wrote: It's cause they realize how much children are of their buyer base so if they make the games actually challenging then there goes a ton of money.
It's also rated M, but no one cares about that. I mean, if control by rating was actually enforced in any way, GTA 5 wouldn't have broken any records, probably.
If ratings were actually enforced then COD wouldn't be king, GTA online would be tolerable, and a million other things.

There was actually a bill in congress recently to make it illegal for video game stores to sell video games outside of what they are rated for, like if someone was 8 years old and wanted to buy the latest call of duty game then it would have been illegal to do so, but that bill got shot down faster than shipping fanfics. . and yes there is call of duty fanfics and they're hilarious, "Oh captain price-sempai, your mustache is so large" Spike
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:24 am

scienzabait:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 02, 2013 11:33 am

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
Valikdu wrote:
If ratings were actually enforced then COD wouldn't be king, GTA online would be tolerable, and a million other things.

There was actually a bill in congress recently to make it illegal for video game stores to sell video games outside of what they are rated for, like if someone was 8 years old and wanted to buy the latest call of duty game then it would have been illegal to do so, but that bill got shot down faster than shipping fanfics. . and yes there is call of duty fanfics and they're hilarious, "Oh captain price-sempai, your mustache is so large" Spike
That would have absolutely no effect, though. Parents would still purchase them for their kids, same as always. These 8 year olds aren't the ones forking over the money in the first place.
It sort of depends.  Some parents won't buy their kids M rated games, some parents let their kids play M rated games cause the kid isn't one of those dumb ones that thinks it's real life, then you have soccer moms that buy it for their kid regardless and then complain about it on their blogs and that.

I was as a kid playing violent video games, but that's cause I recognized it just as a video game.  Some kids and even adults have massive problems when it comes to violent games or media.  The ESRB is more of a guideline than anything that it's up to the parent what games a kid is mature enough to handle, but unfortunately a lot of parents aren't involved enough in their kid's lives to understand what they can handle.

Yeah if such a law were instated it wouldn't really stop all of underage gaming, but it would at least stop the kids who go into video game stores to buy a video game their parent doesn't want them to buy for it being too violent for their age group.

Sure I'll give that to you, but lazy parents will always be lazy parents.  What such a law would do is stop a kid from going into a video game store and going, " 'sup fo, I want to buy black ops so I can caps some suckas.  Ya dig playa?"

The sad thing is that a cure for making sure your kids are behaving themselves online is to put the video game console and their computer in the living room so that everyone can see what they're doing.  Once they've proven themselves to be mature enough to have a private computer or a private gaming console then let them have it in their room.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:38 pm

CB, a kid cannot walk into a store and buy an M rated rated game. One they don't have money. Two the cashiers check ID just like if you are buying an R rated movie.

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Sat Nov 02, 2013 12:52 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:CB, a kid cannot walk into a store and buy an M rated rated game. One they don't have money. Two the cashiers check ID just like if you are buying an R rated movie.
It's very crapily enforced though.  They're not supposed to sell them, but a lot of places just don't care.

Also holy shitake mushrooms batman:

Yeah I know there's been stuff similar to that for years and that this was news last year, but that's kind of cool that you can now directly turn 2d art to 3d models instead of having to put 2d art onto 3d models.  By that I mean the current way of creating 3d models is to make a 3d model that you put the art onto.

Last edited by cb5 on Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:01 pm

cb5 wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:CB, a kid cannot walk into a store and buy an M rated rated game. One they don't have money. Two the cashiers check ID just like if you are buying an R rated movie.
It's very crapily enforced though.  They're not supposed to sell them, but a lot of places just don't care.
I don't know, every single place I've went to buy a game, from South Carolina to Alaska, I've had to show ID.

Also, even if it's not enforced where are the underage kids getting the money from? It's up to the parents to say a go or no go on a game. If the parents lets their kid get an M rated game when they're twelve, then who cares not my, or anyone else's, job to tell a parent what they can or can't get for their child.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:19 pm

You know what would be REALLY fun?

One of those little remote-controlled quadracopter things, armed with a paintball gun.

I would have so much fun.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:20 pm

Guarddogjr wrote:
cb5 wrote:
I don't know, every single place I've went to buy a game, from South Carolina to Alaska, I've had to show ID.

Also, even if it's not enforced where are the underage kids getting the money from? It's up to the parents to say a go or no go on a game. If the parents lets their kid get an M rated game when they're twelve, then who cares not my, or anyone else's, job to tell a parent what they can or can't get for their child.
It's pretty heavily enforced in Canada too, the clerks are under constant surveillance and if their caught they get fired (And if a remember correctly, fined).
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:21 pm

RoboRed wrote:You know what would be REALLY fun?

One of those little remote-controlled quadracopter things, armed with a paintball gun.

Yes. It would be the most fun.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:30 pm

RoboRed wrote:You know what would be REALLY fun?

Imagine one with a tater gun.  Pinkie Pie It might not work, but if it did then the potential would be hilarious.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:43 pm

That would be a little more difficult to work out. That would be like strapping a howitzer to the little thing.

Still would be hilarious, though.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:48 pm

It would be more fun if you could mount there self-reloading or just multi-barrel tazer gun. Crazy 
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 02, 2013 1:50 pm

The gun itself could be quite lightweight depending on the materials used. The real issue would be the sheer size of the gun, and the weight of the fuel system.

I know this is what-ifs, but that's my brain deciding to go serious-face. Fear the face of seriousness. Crazy 

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:57 pm

Well, I just learned something that seems just plain weird. One of my brothers came over to my house to help with our gas issues. We've got the new stove installed, the oven has been fixed, but when he got to the furnace to replace the shut-off valve we learned that a spider was clogging it. I would have thought that a manufacturer would have placed some sort of screen in the valve to prevent that, but I suppose that complicates manufacturing.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:06 pm

@M rated games: I'm not sure about you guys but everywhere I've been to has enforced that rule with the one exception being blockbuster.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:10 pm

@Last, Yup I still get carded sometimes.

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:16 pm

swicked wrote:
That or it was just cheaper, if only by a few dollars, which was all the company that mass-produced all the houses in your neighborhood cared about when they were putting them all up.

I've had plumbers and electricians come over and state stuff has been set up in ways they've never even seen before, using completely wrong materials. Everything still worked for long-enough for the place to get sold, though, so there you go.

It's times like this you gotta be thankful for the regulations that prevent these companies from making the whole place out of paper mache.
The furnace isn't by the same company as the house, we replaced the original years ago.

Ironmonger

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:23 pm

On the subject of video games and ID, most of the games I bought at a store have been rated Teen so I've never been carded. That said, since I've had a full beard since age 13 I've been able to get into R rated films by myself before turning 17, so I may have been able to buy Mature games with no problem.

That said, I've seen plenty of people who've had to pull out IDs to buy games. And plenty of times of parents of kids who could barely be in middle school get stopped and asked "You do know this is a M rated game right?" which 4 out of 5 times the parents don't buy the game.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sat Nov 02, 2013 4:24 pm

swicked wrote:
Last wrote:@M rated games: I'm not sure about you guys but everywhere I've been to has enforced that rule with the one exception being blockbuster.
Really?
'Cause I can't honestly see Walmart turning away a customer unless they absolutely had to.
I think there was a time when it wasn't a law and just a suggestion in which wal-mart would sell M-rated games to those under the age. There's dateline or some other footage of them doing just that out there. But yes I've been carded and turned down at walmart.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 29 of 31 Previous  1 ... 16 ... 28, 29, 30, 31  Next