Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

+56
Give_me_muny
InLucidReverie
Train Dodger
Luminous Lead
Silver136
DaWarWolf
SparkyTheDiamondDog
Kippershy
Tytan
Captain Stramash
Adalbertus
TheWanderingZebra
Harmony Ltd.
Rayndalf
Ketchup
thatguyvex
Exodus Hero
Meleagridis
FoolNeim
LordsServant
CD
Aonee
Downloaded Skill
Technowolf
chinman
StoneSlinger88
Vergil
Mazoku
CamoBadger
Mr. Snrub
ISuckAtNaming
Mister Nikel
Katarn
WavemasterRyx
Valikdu
OneMoreDaySK
tylertoon2
Penby
Evilgidgit
O. Hinds
Stringtheory
Admiral Stoic Rum
RoboRed
Somber
Frost
ARoundCorner
Derpmind
Caoimhe
TalixZero
Moodyman90
SilentCarto
Icy Shake
FeatherDust
cb5
Scienza
60 posters

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next

Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by O. Hinds Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:50 pm

Erumpet wrote:Hey guys whats up, it's been a looooong time since I was on here, like since February. Also it's been a loooooong time since I've read any project horizons, like since February. So what's the haps? I saw someone say a new chapter had come recently so it looks like Somber's still writing, is that true? I thought for sure it'd be done by now. Is everyone alive and well? I'm going to try to start catching up with the chapters but it'll be slow ha ha those chapters are long. Hopefully I can catch up in time for the finale hmm?

Edit:
Just checked, I'm on chapter 53 according to my notes, I'm not sure what chapter is up now, but I'm sure I have some reading to do.
Ah, welcome back! I vaguely remember you.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

[GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion - Page 9 Empty Re: [GRIMDARK] Fallout Equestria: Project Horizons Discussion

Post by SilentCarto Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:47 pm

Meleagridis wrote:But mostly I just want to see a Canterlot ghoul changeling... that would be funny.
It's an interesting idea, but Dash made specific reference to the events of "The Mysterious Mare-Do-Well", including her own reaction to Twilight using that design for the suit. This would have to be one amazingly well-informed changeling.

Meleagridis wrote:
WavemasterRyx wrote:Pinkie's little off-hand "Oh.  And congratulations." has me a bit nervous for what it could possibly mean.
Erp. I missed this. Is it now or later? And who's the dad?
To all saying it can't be BJ: I thought her implants were rendered inactive after they saved her jumbly bits. No?
No. It did insulate her reproductive organs against the worst of the taint effects, but it's still functional as far as we know. Though we don't know much. The last mention I can find was in chapter 44.

Triage had said that my reproductive parts had managed to stay functional, but that was before the Celestia and my cyberization.  The Professor hadn’t mentioned anything about them, but there were a lot of things she hadn’t mentioned.

Meleagridis wrote:While we know it’s the Hippocratic cloning tree… that doesn’t mean it’s NOT Fluttertree. Except that happened during the war, and blanks were being produced before then. Was the Hippocratic tree described in any unusual colours?
Well... yes, but not yellow and pink.

Like the fusion megaspell chamber, it was a large round room, but it held a strange piece of equipment that resembled a large tree of metal, the golden bark spattered with old blood and filth.  Fat white nodules hung from the branches like swollen fruit.

It's not "golden" like golden yellow, it's "golden" like made of gold.

Meleagridis wrote:Um... Is Blackjack going to defeat Cognitum by fighting her way to a big red button and pressing it?
Hehe! Nice call. Maybe so, though I'd think she would have had that removed long ago. A few explosive rounds to the hard drive should be just as good, though.

Or not. She's distributed herself throughout the Core systems at this point. I wonder if wiping a central console would affect her at all...
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 393

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:00 pm

Erumpet wrote:Hey guys whats up, it's been a looooong time since I was on here, like since February. Also it's been a loooooong time since I've read any project horizons, like since February. So what's the haps? I saw someone say a new chapter had come recently so it looks like Somber's still writing, is that true? I thought for sure it'd be done by now. Is everyone alive and well? I'm going to try to start catching up with the chapters but it'll be slow ha ha those chapters are long. Hopefully I can catch up in time for the finale hmm?

Edit:
Just checked, I'm on chapter 53 according to my notes, I'm not sure what chapter is up now, but I'm sure I have some reading to do.
Y'all ain't missed much. Blackjack has twelve eye-tentacle-penises now.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Brohoof! : 248

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://plus.google.com/u/0/+DkutlaOsterhagen

Back to top Go down

Post by 222222 Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:17 pm

Aonee wrote:Chapter 61 is the newest one right now.
Ah thank you, eight chapters in eight months, seems about par for the course.
O. Hinds wrote:Ah, welcome back! I vaguely remember you.
Thanks, and likewise.
Scienza wrote:Y'all ain't missed much. Blackjack has twelve eye-tentacle-penises now.
You I have no recollection of at all, however.  My headcanon had always been that Blackhack lost all her mane and tail hair due to enervation and taint and whatnot, and now just a lot of long, thin tentacles in their place. I'm not sure if its weirder for the tentacles in her tail near her butt or in her mane near her face to be the penis ones, but I digress. Thanks for the spoiler, jerkwad.
Ursa Major

Brohoof! : 34

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:25 pm

Erumpet wrote:
Scienza wrote:Y'all ain't missed much. Blackjack has twelve eye-tentacle-penises now.
You I have no recollection of at all, however.  My headcanon had always been that Blackhack lost all her mane and tail hair due to enervation and taint and whatnot, and now just a lot of long, thin tentacles in their place. I'm not sure if its weirder for the tentacles in her tail near her butt or in her mane near her face to be the penis ones, but I digress. Thanks for the spoiler, jerkwad.
My pleasure. P-21 is the Maiden of the Stars and Rainbow Dash is Blackjack's paternal granddaughter.

And you don't remember me because I was never here.

*poof*
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:20 am

Also, Blackjack and Rampage banged.

It was the best banging the wasteland had ever seen.

Last edited by RoboRed on Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:27 pm

Damnit.  Why did you have to spoil?

Sorry I haven't been chatty at all.  Things have been tense.  Looking for other work and trying to get some writing done so my life isn't completely wasted.  I'm just working on whatever I can while putting in applications for seasonal work.  The donations helped alot, but I can't live on donations.  u.u
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Brohoof! : 1046

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:51 pm

Somber wrote:Damnit.  Why did you have to spoil?

Sorry I haven't been chatty at all.  Things have been tense.  Looking for other work and trying to get some writing done so my life isn't completely wasted.  I'm just working on whatever I can while putting in applications for seasonal work.  The donations helped alot, but I can't live on donations.  u.u
Because that's how I get my jollies.

Damn, dude... I really hope you find something. Good luck.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:30 pm

RoboRed wrote:http://www.fimfiction.net/blog/220605/a-glimpse-of-the-wasteland
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:14 pm

There's a really good documentry on Netflix on the Salton Sea community I watched a couple years back ("Plagues and Pleasures on the Salton Sea"). It's worth checking out if you dug the video KKat posted there. It has a long interview with that Harry Dean Stanton lookin feller who built that mountain.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 264

Character List:
Name: Comma, Splice
Sex: Female
Species: Sentence fragment

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:12 pm

Hm, thanks; I might look into that.
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:56 pm

Life after People is a series that really shape how I see the wasteland.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:02 pm

Somber wrote:Life after People is a series that really shape how I see the wasteland.
Interesting. Quite a contrast to the traditional Fallout view, if I remember the episodes correctly.
I really like that show.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:05 pm

Well, it basically shows that by 200 years, there wouldn't BE much in the way of ruins.  Fallout would be closer to 30-50 years after the bombs.  There was a documentary I once watched on the real effects of nuclear weapons... yeah.  Nuked structures +200 years = not much left.
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Somber wrote:Well, it basically shows that by 200 years, there wouldn't BE much in the way of ruins.  Fallout would be closer to 30-50 years after the bombs.  There was a documentary I once watched on the real effects of nuclear weapons... yeah.  Nuked structures +200 years = not much left.
Unless all the buildings are made out of depleted uranium.

Though, knowing the Falloutverse, that really wouldn't surprise me.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:53 pm

I saw the Life After People for Boston and was very depressed for about a day. :(
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Somber Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:56 pm

Everything ends.  People.  Cities.  Planets.  Stars.  Even universes.  All things come to an end.  What matters is what is done with the time you have, and what legacy do you leave behind?  When all the i's are dotted and t's crossed, was the universe better or worse for your being in it?
Somber
Somber
Hydra

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:00 pm

I'd rather die in a world with whiskey, then live forever in a world without it.
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:06 pm

Meleagridis wrote:
Oh, one more thing: before Luna got copied into Cognitum, Horse showed us that he was wiping all the previous memories with a big red button.

Um...

Is Blackjack going to defeat Cognitum by fighting her way to a big red button and pressing it?
No, but I'm thinking about the AI President Eden from Fo3. You can talk him into self destructing (very difficult), use science to show that his logic is circular and fallacious to likewise cause him to self terminate, or steal the emergency destruct code from Colonel Autumn and blow him up that way.

Just because the Big Red Button is gone doesn't mean the purge command is gone too. BJ can either talk Cogs to death (yeah right) or plug in the override code and force a system purge...
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Brohoof! : 112

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:23 pm

Somber wrote:Life after People is a series that really shape how I see the wasteland.
Life After People was very good. Depressing as hell, though.
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:35 pm

I loved life after people. Like how they predict the human languege shall continue one through birds, the words losing all meaning except as sounds they occasionally spout.

And how Stone Mountain in Georgia is gonna last for centuries. Oh yeah, the carving in the side of it shall fade with time, but the mountain is solid granite and doesn't wear easy.

I can see how the show can be depressing, but it barely affected me. Course I remember watching The Day After when I was young with little to no ill effect.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:45 pm

SilentCarto wrote:
Meleagridis wrote:To all saying it can't be BJ: I thought her implants were rendered inactive after they saved her jumbly bits. No?
No. It did insulate her reproductive organs against the worst of the taint effects, but it's still functional as far as we know. Though we don't know much. The last mention I can find was in chapter 44.
The point Mel was making was whether or not her Stable 99 anti-fertility implant still works after removing so much of her bio-bits.  Her anti-toxin filters might interpret it as a toxin and filter it, or it might not even still be inside her, depending on where in her body it was.
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by FeatherDust Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:14 pm

FeatherDust wrote:Just because the Big Red Button is gone doesn't mean the purge command is gone too.  BJ can either talk Cogs to death (yeah right) or plug in the override code and force a system purge...
Caoimhe wrote:I'd rather die in a world with whiskey, then live forever in a world without it.
Seeing these posts coincidentally next to each other got my brain running.

Storytime!
Imaginary Story - Blackjack Meets Cognitum:
FeatherDust
FeatherDust
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:56 pm

Also, I just realized this:

If Glory's pregnant, is it with Rainbow Dash's child? She was still Rainbow Dash when the hypothetical child was conceived, and the Enclave tests indicated that when she was Joked, she was genetically identical to Rainbow.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:59 pm

Looks like a DNA test is in order.

Can't wait for the Epilogue: The Custody Battle of the Century!
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Scienza Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:02 pm

Caoimhe wrote:Looks like a DNA test is in order.

Can't wait for the Epilogue: The Custody Battle of the Century!
The Filly With Two Genetically Identical Moms

R. Dash vs. R. Dash.
Scienza
Scienza
Shipmistress

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Caoimhe Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:03 pm

On the next Maury Ponevich
Caoimhe
Caoimhe
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Rayndalf Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:25 pm

Project Horizons Chapter 61 wrote:"...I opened fire with twelve-millimeter armor piercing rounds."
Shouldn't this be 12.7-millimeter armor piercing rounds?
Rayndalf
Rayndalf
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 6

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:42 pm

Scienza wrote:Also, I just realized this:

If Glory's pregnant, is it with Rainbow Dash's child? She was still Rainbow Dash when the hypothetical child was conceived, and the Enclave tests indicated that when she was Joked, she was genetically identical to Rainbow.
I guess it depends on whether the joke counted as affecting the child, too. Do all Glory's parts -- including the clipped hair sample -- revert at once, or only what's currently attached to her? And does the child count as part of her right now, or as its own indivudal that is unaffected by the curse?

Goliath's example seems to suggest that a child is considered part of the mother's body, rather than a separate individual in physical contact with her. My best guess is that they will both revert to Glory's original genetic code.
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by SilentCarto Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:44 pm

Rayndalf wrote:
Project Horizons Chapter 61 wrote:"...I opened fire with twelve-millimeter armor piercing rounds."
Shouldn't this be 12.7-millimeter armor piercing rounds?
Nah. It's within tolerances. Twilight Sparkle
SilentCarto
SilentCarto
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 31 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 20 ... 31  Next