Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+20
Downloaded Skill
Aonee
O. Hinds
CamoBadger
Admiral Stoic Rum
Craterfist
Tytan
Derpmind
cb5
Kattlarv
Katarn
Stringtheory
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Harmony Ltd.
Scyto Harmony
RoboRed
Kippershy
Frost
24 posters

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:40 pm

Tytan wrote:
@Iron:
I'm thinking about joining, but I'm trying to balance out my priorities. My absence won't be penalized in any way like in S3, will it?

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:47 pm

Of course not. This one's being structured so that you can drop in and out at will.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:52 pm

swicked wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:I think the problem is telling the difference between, "Applejack is so awesome. If she was real, I would marry her." and "ZOMG APPLEJACK SO HAWTWANNABANG SHE"S MINE!"
You guys talk about screwing cartoon ponies all the time, though.
I almost burst out in laughter when I read this, so true.

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:57 pm

Hang out with maybe but I don't think I ever said I want to bang one.

Unless you're talking about the various RPs, then I can see what you mean. I could just say "that's just roleplaying" but that's not really justification.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:58 pm

swicked wrote:
Mister Frost wrote:
swicked wrote:...have you all NEVER felt romantic feelings, even a crush, on a fictional character before?
Sure, you have to get over it and shouldn't expect anyone else to conform to your fantasies, but developing an attachment like that is far from uncommon.
I've had a couple, myself.
Oh, that, in and of itself, is normal and not harmful at all. The harm comes into play when, as mentioned, you start fixating on them and allowing it to affect you in real life. That level of obsession is unhealthy whether it's on a fictional character or a real one.
I dunno. When you have a crush, you like to think about them... or, really, you can't help thinking about them.
There's no line here, but demanding someone stop drawing pictures of your wife is certainly far passed it.
Maybe the our disagreement here is based on my own lack of context. Yes, I have had romantic/sexual feelings before, but I don't think I've ever gotten to the point where they actually dominate my thoughts. In short, I don't think I've ever been "in love"
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:59 pm

swicked wrote:
Moodyman90 wrote:I think the problem is telling the difference between, "Applejack is so awesome. If she was real, I would marry her." and "ZOMG APPLEJACK SO HAWTWANNABANG SHE"S MINE!"
There's a difference between having a sexual fantasy and not understanding that the fantasy isn't real.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 19

Back to top Go down

Post by Craterfist Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:01 pm

Did someone say.... RP thread?
Craterfist
Craterfist
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:04 pm

cb5 wrote:
swicked wrote:
There's a difference between having a sexual fantasy and not understanding that the fantasy isn't real.
This, exactly. As has been mentioned before, the wall between fantasy and reality is one that must be guarded, like the Great Wall of China. And, like the Great Wall, whenever your allies fall, you build them into that wall. This will keep out the invading Mongol hordes who would otherwise breach your mind and steal all of your secrets. Your grandmother would never forgive you if she found out that her rhoubarb pie recipe ended up feeding the Raiders of the East because of your mental infortitude.
Craterfist wrote:Did someone say.... RP thread?
Yeah, there are a few around here. Tytan just started up a new one
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Craterfist Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:05 pm

Link me, brotha.
Craterfist
Craterfist
Colt/Filly

Brohoof! : 0

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:07 pm

Craterfist wrote:Link me, brotha.
Link. Protip: The most recent threads are on the upper right of the page.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:08 pm

Eh, guess I wasn't clear what I meant with the well typed out sentence and the word vomit of insanity. Pretty much what cb5 said and Frost agreed with.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 7:40 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Tornado_hunter
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kattlarv Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:04 pm

@Swicked: Well? Did you watch the vid thingy? As said, personally think it'd work well without a 63.
Kattlarv
Kattlarv
Hydra

Brohoof! : 27

Character List:
Name: Dewflower
Sex: Female-ish

Back to top Go down

Post by Tytan Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:29 pm

Scyto.

XT wants to know what your intent is with the other RP. He wants a message.
Tytan
Tytan
The Great Bait Hunter

Brohoof! : 429

Character List:
Name: Clock / Viktor
Sex: Female / Male
Species: Unicorn / Sand Dog

Back to top Go down

Post by Scyto Harmony Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:34 pm

Yeah, I'll talk to him.
Scyto Harmony
Scyto Harmony
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 155

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:43 pm

swicked wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: Well? Did you watch the vid thingy? As said, personally think it'd work well without a 63.
I have. I think it would work better, definitely. I don't see why you think it'd be better if they didn't rule 63 it, though.
...but changelings don't seem like they particularly need a base gender, anyway, being able to switch at will.
Yeah, do changelings even have a sex? Or can they just switch. That'd be weird if it's like a clown fish thing and they can just change their sex. I don't think chrysalis is the only female cause if she is then she can lose baby weight pretty damn fast.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Sep 18, 2013 9:49 pm

I'm not super-familiar with insect biology, but most drones are biologically neuter, aren't they?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:04 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I'm not super-familiar with insect biology, but most drones are biologically neuter, aren't they?
No actually.

If we're going with bee and wasp biology they're almost all females, just a few queens are born and depending on the species they either make their own colony or fight to the death. Males are and pretty much their only purpose in life is to get the queen pregnant. If another queen is born while the current queen is still alive they'll kill it.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by cb5 Wed Sep 18, 2013 10:17 pm

swicked wrote:
cb5 wrote:
swicked wrote:
Kattlarv wrote:@Swicked: Well? Did you watch the vid thingy? As said, personally think it'd work well without a 63.
I have. I think it would work better, definitely. I don't see why you think it'd be better if they didn't rule 63 it, though.
...but changelings don't seem like they particularly need a base gender, anyway, being able to switch at will.
Yeah, do changelings even have a sex?  Or can they just switch.  That'd be weird if it's like a clown fish thing and they can just change their sex.  I don't think chrysalis is the only female cause if she is then she can lose baby weight pretty damn fast.
I certainly don't think she's a queen like ants or bees have queens. I'd guess the egg laying (if that's how they do it) is delegated and, yes, they can change their gender.
Chrysalis is more the alpha of the pack than anything. She's bigger, stronger and more powerful than the rest.
Alternatively, if she does spawn eggs, I'd guess it was sorta like... I dunno, maybe like seahorses? The female actually puts her ova into a pouch the male has, I believe, then he fertilizes them and is the one that gets pregnant and, eventually, gives birth.
So maybe she does that?
I have to agree there.  Chrysalis is more of the alpha.

Also personally I like to think they have multiple ways of reproducing.  They obviously have to be able to reproduce naturally in case they need to.  However the fact that Chrysalis stuck Celestia in a cocoon, cocoons in nature are for larvae of insects, and that in the comics ponies were stuck in cocoons again leads to the assumption that changelings don't necessarily need to reproduce sexually.  If they're sticking ponies in larvael cocoons then chances are they have the ability to make ponies into changelings.

If they can reproduce that way the most effecient way would be to infect the victim's immune system with changeling dna.  If the victim's immune system is now changeling cells then their immune system will work to "repair" the pony's body.  Also in science fiction there's several franchises where something like  this is introduced.  The short premise is that it technically falls under one of the classifications of zombies.  What that trope is that victims will be infected and their immune system changing the victim's body and that a dopamine high is released slowly changing the person's mind.  Basically if this trope applies to changelings what it would mean is that ponies stuck in the cocoons would biologically start to become changelings and get a dopamine high everytime they follow the orders of the queen and slowly they become loyal to the queen.  It would be pretty easy to do if you start out making new changelings do simple tasks that chances are that they're not going to refuse.  Like just tell them to clean the windows, wash the dishes, take out the trash and as the new changeling starts experiencing that high start issuing orders they wouldn't normally do as they become addicted to following the queen's orders.

Tl:dr; Chrysalis intended to do this to Celestia-
http://c2a.tumblr.com/image/21798103750
And that is sfw, that's just goop from the cocoon.
cb5
cb5
Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:01 am

Swickedbait:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:12 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Infinite_nibbling_by_tiredbrony-d6m7p2w
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:15 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 193985__safe_spitfire_reaction-imag_zps5c355445
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Brohoof! : 351

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:19 am

Luna is best Snake!
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:21 am

swicked wrote:
Guarddogjr wrote:
Swickedbait:
*bursts out laughing*

Just look at her there, hangin' out.
Doesn't she look wired?
I wonder who's been stringin' her along? Spike
Looks to me like....

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Tumblr_mhzr16g7891ryc8o6o1_500

.......Like she's got fishhooks buried in her flesh.

Puns are hard.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Katarn Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:25 am

@Frost
It's seems she will....
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 380
..hang around a bit more.
Katarn
Katarn
Soviet Bastard

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 19, 2013 1:28 am

Although I guess she's about to reap what she sews.

.........I'll run along now.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Thu Sep 19, 2013 2:27 am

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 6 Disaster_voyeurism
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:26 am

swicked wrote:...have you all NEVER felt romantic feelings, even a crush, on a fictional character before?
Sure, you have to get over it and shouldn't expect anyone else to conform to your fantasies, but developing an attachment like that is far from uncommon.
I've had a couple, myself.
To answer this myself, of course I have.
When I say I love Cherry Sundae, and even Eos, I'm not kidding.
I write the pair of them with personalities that would (and do) catch my heart like wildfire, full of burning need for their attention and affection.
The everything about them makes me happy.

...And I write them, so it kinda doesn't count I suppose but then at the same time, it just means I'm able to imagine them being happy with more ease and the thoughts of them being happy are what makes me happiest.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:31 am

Did I ever tell you the definition of insanity?

Well, I haven't, because I've just found out myself.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/FanFic/MyLittleUnicorn

If the TVT page is to be believed, the... person... who wrote this... thing... should be crazier than Chatoyance off her meds. I didn't think this was possible.

...need...more...ellipsis...
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Thu Sep 19, 2013 4:34 am

Guys, here's my steam key for Bastion.
I already own it and noticed it come up on my HIBundle so.. yeah. Y8JKN-2Q02X-LLQZY
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 31 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 18 ... 31  Next