Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
IncoherentOrange
cb5
Darkbright39
Cptadder
Ketchup
StoneSlinger88
O. Hinds
Meleagridis
Moodyman90
Stringtheory
Ironmonger
Valikdu
Admiral Stoic Rum
Harmony Ltd.
Kippershy
RoboRed
Frost
21 posters

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:12 pm

Cptadder wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Good thing I'm now officially unemployed. This gives me free time. :v
Heck yeah free time while unemployed is awesome, even better is being European unemployed... soo much better than American unemployed... but not as good as Swedish unemployed.

Damn Sweds

Hey! I'll have you know that I greatly enjoy being American Unemployed.

Except for the no money part.
And the shame. The undying shame.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 588

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Plasticube Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:22 pm

CamoBadger wrote:
Cptadder wrote:
Harmony Ltd. wrote:Good thing I'm now officially unemployed. This gives me free time. :v
Heck yeah free time while unemployed is awesome, even better is being European unemployed... soo much better than American unemployed... but not as good as Swedish unemployed.

Damn Sweds

Hey! I'll have you know that I greatly enjoy being American Unemployed.

Except for the no money part.
And the shame. The undying shame.

*Unemployed high five*

Plasticube
Stallion/Mare

Brohoof! : 41

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:22 pm

Plasticube wrote: *Unemployed high five*

*HIGH FIVE!*
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:35 pm

i'm not just unemployed, i'm broke and also technically homeless. I just have to get drunk, then i'll fulfill my lifelong dream of hoboism
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Ironmonger Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:28 pm

Filth of the earth, all of you. Princess Celestia 

Ironmonger
Daemon Prince of Bad Puns

Brohoof! : 290

Character List:
Name: Cast Iron
Sex: Male
Species: Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:50 pm

I'm stuck with a shitty minimum wage part time job with massive hours cut due to Obamacare - do I count?

Last edited by RoboRed on Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:56 pm

I guess I don't count. Technically I own the house I live in, dad's just got residence. I have a full time job on the farm but can take off whenever I want to go to college. And insurance hate me.

I think it's cleared up now, but at one point in time family insurance wouldn't cover me because most medical stuff had to deal with work related accidents, but workman's comp wouldn't cover me because it's the family farm and thus I wasn't a "worker".
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue Jul 02, 2013 3:19 pm

RoboRed wrote:I'm stuck with a shitty minimum wage part time job with massive hours cut due to Obamacare - do I count?

Yeah I know what you mean, I work damn near everyday and still barely make 20 hours a week.

Back to top Go down

Post by RoboRed Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:59 pm

pinkie...wat...:
RoboRed
RoboRed
Royal Alicorn

Brohoof! : 717

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:02 pm

>That feel when 39 hours/week full time employment
>That feel when "essential" to my department in the sense that yes I could be replaced, but if I left it would cause a huge amount of strain to find someone competent enough to actually fill the void I'd make
>That feel when I, as of today, am also till trained along with being trained on three other departments now
>...That feel when I still don't have much cash because living alone sucks it all up
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Brohoof! : 121

Character List:
Name: Crimson Wings / Cherry Sundae
Sex: Male / Female
Species: Pegasus / Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:12 pm

Have you thought about finding a co-location with someone else ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:34 pm

I've got someone who is often offering his place to me for a lot cheaper, and it is tempting sometimes, but trust issues over living with people who I don't know and not having a contract set in stone to theoretically protect me are two reasons why I'm hesitant over the idea about it.
My computer for example, is worth a hell of a lot both to me and in financial value.

Intel i5 3550 CPU, AMD ATI Radeon HD7950 GPU, Asus P8Z77-V_LX motherboard, Samsung 840Pro 256Gb SSD, sound card, wireless network card, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink, Logitech G400 mouse, Fractal Design Define R4 case...
My screen is a 37" LED LCD LG TV (which, for a computer screen, not the best but still sexy in it's own right.)

That's computer equipment alone. That's a lot of worth and easily damaged or stolen by anyone else.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Nice Kipper, you've almost got the same rig as me. I went for a smaller screen and a regular HDD though, and there's no way I'd want to live with someone I didn't know very well and have all my electronics there. Too much at risk. And I've three rifles currently, that tends to freak out most college-level kids who can't tell the difference between a firing pin and a bolt.

On the job discussion, actually just started my new job today. Mostly washing dishes, stocking shelves/freezer, standard stuff. But I get 50 cents an hour not included in my paycheck to get something to eat. Today I worked seven hours, so I got $3.50 towards anything for sale to eat on my break. Got a giant iced tea and a cinnamon stick, which was fairly large itself, and still had a buck left over. Best part is all the pastries are made right there that morning by the bakers. All kinds of pies, fruits, strudels, crisps, breads, even sandwiches (from hot roast beef to fresh pulled pork, they don't skimp on the sizes either)... I'm gonna get fat working here.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 47

Character List:
Name: Judge
Species: Earth Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:06 pm

I've, uh.....I have a computer. I don't know any of the model numbers of the internal parts, or even of the computer itself, all I know is it has an i7 processor, 750 gigs of memory, 8 gigs of RAM, and it cost over $700.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:07 pm

Oh, I've also got a regular HDD... well...
I've got a 700Gb HDD, a 320Gb HDD and... an AMD OPTERON based server that holds sixteen HDD's all on 750Gb each.
...pic related.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Lookwh10
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:14 pm

I'm not British Computer Jesus, though. I'm happy as long as I can run a good game of Fallout or HL2, maybe Skype with my folks when I'm at my duty station
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:24 pm

Why do people think those with just some extra knowledge on computers is a guru/ "computer Jesus"?
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by CamoBadger Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:25 pm

Compared to me, everyone on this site is "Computer Jesus". 

I can turn it on, install games, run the internets, run Microsoft Word, and turn it off.
CamoBadger
CamoBadger
Royal Alicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:30 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Why do people think those with just some extra knowledge on computers is a guru/ "computer Jesus"?

He builds computers. Like, with his hands. The most significant thing I've built with my hands is a fucking taco. Not even a very good one. It was cold.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:36 pm

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Why do people think those with just some extra knowledge on computers is a guru/ "computer Jesus"?
In my case, I am one.
Well, I may not be a guru in terms of coding because the most coding I know is some basic G.E.C.K coding really, but when it comes to the hardware and some software... yeah.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by StoneSlinger88 Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:37 pm

Building a computer is easier than it seems. Plug shit in where it fits, hit the "on" button, run the BIOS and install the OS, and all the normal stuff that comes after. (yes I checked before hand it was all compatible and compliant)

Kinda like a really expensive Lego kit.
StoneSlinger88
StoneSlinger88
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:31 pm

I feel you my friend, something wrong with a computer, I have to fix it, its even worse is when no one can get the bloody thing to work and I manage it in about 10 minutes, this is even with a certified tech sayin its boned...

yes I built my own system, but just like you said, its rather idiot proof unless you accidentally plug a power supply wire into the wrong slot on your mainboard...which I did, and managed to recover from before it was damaged
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:40 pm

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:>That feel when 39 hours/week full time employment
>That feel when "essential" to my department in the sense that yes I could be replaced, but if I left it would cause a huge amount of strain to find someone competent enough to actually fill the void I'd make
>44 hours/week

Anyway, what other sense of "essential" is there? 'Cause I'd be in the same boat. Someone could learn and get qualified in how to do what I do, it'd just take them a few years.

auuug! MY job is out to drive me bonkers, boss tells me to shut the fuck up a week after one of his employees is suspended for inappropriate and unprofessional address to coworkers. The guy is an ass, so any kind of administrative action would be horrible retaliation.

the three guys whom I work closest with are planning or rather considering leaving all at the same time.

and the job has stagnated

Kippershy wrote:I've got someone who is often offering his place to me for a lot cheaper, and it is tempting sometimes, but trust issues over living with people who I don't know and not having a contract set in stone to theoretically protect me are two reasons why I'm hesitant over the idea about it.
My computer for example, is worth a hell of a lot both to me and in financial value.

Intel i5 3550 CPU, AMD ATI Radeon HD7950 GPU, Asus P8Z77-V_LX motherboard, Samsung 840Pro 256Gb SSD, sound card, wireless network card, Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo heatsink, Logitech G400 mouse, Fractal Design Define R4 case...
My screen is a 37" LED LCD LG TV (which, for a computer screen, not the best but still sexy in it's own right.)

That's computer equipment alone. That's a lot of worth and easily damaged or stolen by anyone else.

the thing that sucks about britain is the no guns part.

StoneSlinger88 wrote:Nice Kipper, you've almost got the same rig as me. I went for a smaller screen and a regular HDD though, and there's no way I'd want to live with someone I didn't know very well and have all my electronics there. Too much at risk. And I've three rifles currently, that tends to freak out most college-level kids who can't tell the difference between a firing pin and a bolt.

On the job discussion, actually just started my new job today. Mostly washing dishes, stocking shelves/freezer, standard stuff. But I get 50 cents an hour not included in my paycheck to get something to eat. Today I worked seven hours, so I got $3.50 towards anything for sale to eat on my break. Got a giant iced tea and a cinnamon stick, which was fairly large itself, and still had a buck left over. Best part is all the pastries are made right there that morning by the bakers. All kinds of pies, fruits, strudels, crisps, breads, even sandwiches (from hot roast beef to fresh pulled pork, they don't skimp on the sizes either)... I'm gonna get fat working here.

on the hunt for a new job right now.
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Kippershy Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:05 pm

Admiral Stoic Rum wrote:KippershyI've got someone who is often offering his place to me for a lot cheaper, and it is tempting sometimes, but trust issues over living with people who I don't know and not having a contract set in stone to theoretically protect me are two reasons why I'm hesitant over the idea about it.

the thing that sucks about britain is the no guns part.

Guns don't help anything if someone can simply walk into your room while you're at work...

swicked wrote:
Kippershy wrote:>That feel when 39 hours/week full time employment
>44 hours/week

Anyway, what other sense of "essential" is there? 'Cause I'd be in the same boat. Someone could learn and get qualified in how to do what I do, it'd just take them a few years.
Somehow missed this. Anyway, some people are absolutely essential because finding someone else with the level of qualifications (or qualities) that they hold and the experience they have behind them is simply the best in the area and there's no way a single person could replace them without losing a lot of efficiency or whatever.
As for me, again, I could be replaced and it would indeed be easier than to replace you, but it would still be a mix between luck of the draw in finding someone that's dedicated enough to do the job with the same effort I put into it, have the same levels of strength (physical, emotional and mental) as I have, have the same attitude towards customers and people in need as I have and the fact I'm just quite experienced now.

I know 44 hours trumps my 39, but that's full time for a lowly assistant like me where-as if I managed to move up to assistant manager or manager proper, I would then be on 43/week.
...but I know I won't ever get a management roll, so I don't worry about that.
Kippershy
Kippershy
Lord of Derail

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Wed Jul 03, 2013 12:44 am

Yeah, but would you want to steal from your 6'5" slightly insane roommate who would not hesitate to hold your head over the toilet after he took a shit in it and threaten a chocolate fudge dipped popsicle special for stealing your things? also you can put a personal lock and key on your room door that he does not have a copy of the day you move in to reduce the likelihood of this happening, I did when i lived with a stranger

also what does everyone think about 22 dollars an hour for my rate on applications?

daft means stupid i did not mean stupid excuse my lack of english english knowledge
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:09 am

I'm on vacation.
I can sleep 10 hours a day.
Yaaaay *zzzzzzzZZZzzzz*
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Valikdu Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:29 am

WHAAAAAAAAAAT

Borderlands 2 DLC:
Valikdu
Valikdu
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 192

Character List:
Name: Ion Storm
Sex: Female
Species: First One

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:54 am

Valikdu wrote:WHAAAAAAAAAAT

Borderlands 2 DLC:

Is that Butt Stallion?
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:21 am

lol

Good game.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Ketchup Wed Jul 03, 2013 8:38 am

swicked wrote:I love this:
[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 27 Tumblr_mpbb5atXTR1qewacoo1_500
Hah. That is funny.
Ketchup
Ketchup
The Condiment

Brohoof! : 114

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 27 of 31 Previous  1 ... 15 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next