Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play

3 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play Empty Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:53 pm

Game's site : http://www.supremerulercoldwar.com/
Its forum : http://www.bgforums.com/forums/

So, here's the deal...

This will be a modded game. More exactly, I'll be playing the "Modern World" scenario, made by this guy.

I will be played as, you guessed it (maybe).... France.

Starting date is February 24 of 2012.

Let's do this. More as it comes.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play Empty Re: Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:02 pm

2012-02-24 : For some reason or another, Britain now has 100% Casus-Belli against France. In these conditions, the French Etat-Major is preparing its forces in case a Diplomatic solution to this crisis couldn't be found.

2012-02-26 : As France offer to buy German technology propose to our Trans-Rhine Brothers a strategic partnership in the domain of technology, the Democratic People's Republic of Korea breaks the historic ceasefire it held with its southern neighbor, the Republic of Korea, launching a major offensive.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play Empty Re: Supreme Ruler : Cold War - A Let's Play

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:07 pm

2012-02-26 : Conscious of the importance of having a technological advantage to gain the upper hand on the world market and on the battlefield, the French Governement sign orders to increase the R&D sector by 50%.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:10 pm

2012-02-26 : As an overture to the British government, a proposal is made to buy several British technologies for an hefty sum.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:17 pm

2012-02-29 : As the world's attention is turned toward the Korean peninsula, the People's Republic of China declare war to the Republic of China, in a move to claim back the Island.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:26 pm

2012-03-03 : In a lapse of common sense, France buy from Germany the licenses to build in its home territories the Leopard 2A6 Main Battle Tank and the M2 Puma Infantry Fighting Vehicle. A proposal which is accepted by the German government.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:37 pm

2012-03-10 : Al-Shabaab, faction of Islamist militants fighting against the government of Southern Somalia to gain control of the country, today extended the conflict to the rest of the region by extending their Jihad to neighbouring Ethiopia.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:44 pm

2012-03-14 : Not even a week after capturing Pyongyang, the Republic of Korea's armed forces continue to mope the floor with the DPRK's troops as they continue their quick advance into the country's territory.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:55 pm

2012-03-16 : Al-Shabaabs continue to astound the rest of the world by declaring war to Kenya. Now fighting on three different fronts, they still manage to put Mogadiscio under siege.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:00 pm

2012-03-28 : BREAKING NEWS !!! Algeria declares war on Morocco ! The French Government discuss possible measures.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:10 pm

2012-04-01 : The last remnants of the DPRK's forces finally crumble as the entirety of its territory is now under direct military control of the ROK.

Last edited by Harmony Ltd. on Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:27 pm

2012-04-10 : The press report French troop movements in the Metropole. Columns of military vehicles are seen going south, toward Marseille. The Etat-Major refuse to comment the meaning of these maneuvers.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:32 pm

2012-04-13 : French troops reported to have landed in the Italian port of Cagliari, in Sardinia. The same day, Israel declare war on Syria.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:38 pm

2012-04-16 : Russia declares war on Lithuania. NATO's defcon level rise to 3.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:40 pm

2012-04-17 : Invoking mutual defense agreements, Lithuania asks France for help in its war against Russia.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:43 pm

2012-04-19 : BREAKING NEWS !!! France declares war to Russia !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:49 pm

2012-04-21 : The French Air Force strike a hard blow to the Russian forces by annihilating the naval forces stationed in the Kaliningrad Enclave. Its ground troops are en route, crossing all of Europe to finish the job on the ground.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 8:52 pm

2012-04-24 : Iran declare war on Israel.

Yeah, this isn't really fun.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:07 pm

Yeah, sorry, this just isn't doing it for me. The game just acts in a way that's so retarded that it's impossible to form any coherent storyline, forcing me to adopt a format that just isn't any FUN to read or write.

So, this thread is CANCELED.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:20 pm

You had an interest in it ?

Edit : I mean, basically, it's just me stating the major facts of the game as it happens. Nothing really interesting.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:28 pm

Well, it's kind of a sandbox game, so there isn't any kind of storyline to begin with.

And I could take screenshots, but it wouldn't help much - you have to play with filters on the map and navigate the menus to extract all the relevant informations.

The only moment it becomes interesting is when going to war, but even then it's not really that interesting.

And that game just isn't cut to do video records of it - it's mostly dead times.

So, yeah.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:31 pm

swicked wrote:...no, I just like seeing your avatar over and over XD
I know, right ? Chrysalis
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:24 pm

Well such a shame it's being shut down. I was looking forward to reading somebody else let's play.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:03 am

@ Swicked : Well, that -is- a well known fact Spike

@ Moody : the problem is that to make a good let's play takes effort and planning ahead. And this sound awfully like work.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:25 am

Like, to be honest if I were to do streams this would be good material.

But sadly I don't have the bandwidth for that.

And that's the same reason why I can't upload videos. Scootaloo
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:45 am

Yeah, you do have a point. And I guess it would take more effort for a game like this.

My X-Com Let's Play I have on the site, that I will be getting back to eventually this summer, would probably benefit from some more pre-planning rather then what I was doing. Which was play the game for about three or so missions and type up what had happen in personal report type manner.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:00 pm

OKay, I'll be trying to run a little experiment.

This time, a modded Sandbox game : "State of the Unions"

Playing as Europe.

---------------------------------

Well, first thing first....

Image_1 : Europe

Europe is rich. Really fucking rich. I mean, mind-blowingly so : you can heat yourself by burning cash. It has also a fucking HUGE military capability, starting with 113 "factories" (each factory being able to build one unit at a time) for its ground units, 37 seven for its air units and 43 for its naval units.

It also has a fucking huge R&D potential, as it starts with more than 20 R&D centers, each center opening one slot to research a technology. So this mean I can research that many different technologies concurrently.

Surprisingly enough, it also has a number of untapped natural resources. And its industry is powerful.

So, yeah... this won't be a hard playthrough.

On the other hand, Europe is bordered on the east by the Eurasian Union, and on the the south by the Arab Union. Two powers which it has really... cold relations with. So that's going to be interesting.

The game begin with everyone at peace, though Panama has become a Dictatorship and allied with the Eurasian Union (the fools).

It takes almost one hour to setup everything : unit production queues, research queue, construction orders to start exploiting new resources...

To replace aging military hardware, I give the order to build M2-Puma IFVs, Leopard-2A6 MBTs and some artillery and air defense batteries, on continuous production, and tell them to stay in reserve as long as I won't ask for them to be mobilized : I want to replace hardware, not to mobilize more men.

I also give the orders to build a FUCKING LOT of Eurofighter Typhoon - they'll be the workhorse of my airforce for a while.

As for the navy, I've given the order to expand our amphibious capabilities, and to build at least 3 more nuclear supercarriers of the Charles de Gaulles class. Plus a bunch of Cruisers/Destroyers/Frigates, and also a respectable number of attack submarines.

So, I'm allied with Turkey. Only a few days in, and Iran declare war to Turkey.

Oh joy. Let's have a bit of fun with our army, shall we ?

Having 100% casus belli against Iran, I declare war.

(to be continued)
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 4:51 pm

Europe, or how I learned to love Airpower and stop worrying about overwhelming forces

Image_1 : Victory day. Green line : maximum advance of the Irano-Eurasian forces before being driven back ; Blue line : maximum advance of the Turkish-European forces before Iran's unconditional surrender to Turkey.

That was brutal. A true slaughter.

Still worrying about the possibility of Eurasia betting on the European Union mobilizing all its forces in the Turkish peninsula to launch a backstabbing attack, the latter decided to mobilize only two third of its infantry forces in the fight against Iran, keeping the best equipment in reserve to better defend its home territory if things where to come to such extremes. On the other hand, ALL of its tanks were mobilized for the fight against Iran. Half of them were of soviet design, dating back from the Cold War, coming from the inventories of the Eastern European countries of the Union.

Almost 400,000 soldiers were mobilized and sent to Turkey to help in her fight for Sovereignty.

The first few weeks were complete chaos. The Eurasian Union, allied to Iran, sent almost as many troops to help Iran in its offensive as Europe had sent to protect Turkey.

The only thing which managed to stop this unrelenting wave in its track was what would soon become known as Europe's winning hand : Airpower.

More than one hundred and fifty squads of fighters were sent to the front, given order to destroy all the enemy units they would happen upon.

Saving innumerable lives on the European side, at the price of heavy losses in the Air Force, this strategy allowed to seriously weaken the Irano-Eurasian forces, bleeding them dry.

A month and a half into the war, the Turkish-European superiority had been clearly and irrefutably established.

The Eurasian Union, not officially at war with either Turkey or Europe, was bound by the international Laws of War to not directly attack either from its home territories, forcing it to attack from Iranian-controlled territories. As such, once contact was cut between the two in the western side of Iran, all the Turkish-European forces had to fight against was the seriously weakened Iranian forces, supported only by some sparse Eurasian troops, joining the front from Central Asia and what was formerly known as Turkmenistan.

As the TE forces continued to advance to the East, it was becoming more and more clear that Iran was losing. Its troops were falling apart, its people traumatized by the magnitude of so much losses in so little time.

Less than a week after the fall of Tehran, the country unconditionally surrendered, effectively annexing itself to Turkey.

The Persian War was over, a little over three months after its start.

More than 300,000 Eurasian soldiers died during its course. Europe lost only 110,000 soldiers, and Turkey less than 90,000. The Iranian forces, them, were almost completely wiped, the remnants surrendering to Turkey.

Now, there only remain one question :

Will the Eurasian Union stop there, or will it seek revenge for this humiliation ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 5:20 pm

On the 1st of April 2014, Greater China (the union of Continental China, Taïwan and Mongolia) declare war on Japan.

The 10th of the same month, the African Union declare war against the Arab Union.

The African Union is allied to the South American Union.

Europe decide to not intervene directly in the African conflict.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:42 pm

Sounds like a good time to sit back and watch the world eat itself. At least for the moment.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Character List:

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next