Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Cloudsville
Welcome to Cloudsville. If you're new, don't forget to sign up and say hi in the Introduction forum.
Cloudsville
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

+17
Ketchup
O. Hinds
StoneSlinger88
iLateralGX
Admiral Stoic Rum
OneMoreDaySK
Meleagridis
Stringtheory
Kippershy
Moodyman90
Ironmonger
CamoBadger
RoboRed
Valikdu
IncoherentOrange
Frost
Harmony Ltd.
21 posters

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next

Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Frost Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:39 pm

I'd imagine this sort of game (Democracy) would be extremely ripe for heavy-handed, annoyingly self-righteous satire/ranting in its Let's Plays.
Frost
Frost
Crazed Gun-Toting 'Murican

Brohoof! : 503

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Empty Re: [Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread.

Post by Stringtheory Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:40 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Anyone here knows about Supreme Ruler : Cold War ?

Anyone would be interested if I tried doing some kind of Let's Play ?
Sure, why not, it would be hilarious if you played up the frenchness.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:Anyone here knows about Supreme Ruler : Cold War ?

Anyone would be interested if I tried doing some kind of Let's Play ?

No I don't but I love games like that so do it.

Do you have tropico 4? I was hoping to eventually doing something with that.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Brohoof! : 51

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

https://www.youtube.com/user/tylertoon2

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:41 pm

Mister Frost wrote:I'd imagine this sort of game (Democracy) would be extremely ripe for heavy-handed, annoyingly self-righteous satire/ranting in its Let's Plays.

... yeah, let's not go there.

Twilight Sparkle says : "Fuck your shit"

Re Tropico 4 : as a matter of fact, I'm downloading it as we speak.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 543

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:45 pm

You know what, let's do this...

Incoming "Supreme Ruler : Cold War" let's play.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:49 pm

Harmony Ltd. wrote:You know what, let's do this...

Incoming "Supreme Ruler : Cold War" let's play.

I'd also be down with a boatmurdered succession style tropico game but I'm eager to see this.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:51 pm

So I've been reading the Berzerk manga, and I've got to say what the fuck.

The hero just used his (ludicrously oversized) sword to chop a demon's head off. It then cuts to the hero, the demon, the demon's mortal daughter and the hero's annoying elf stalker all in an Escher painting along with what are apparently five of the strongest demons around: A tentacled head, a short, fat dude, a skeleton with a giant brain, a skinless dude with a domed head, and some kinda succubus with her tits just floppin' around. No one even mentions the tits, either. Or the brain.

That were me, I'd just be like "Hold up, hold up. Before we go any further--brain guy, put a hat on. You, with no skin...why don't you have any skin? You too good for skin, or something? You, succubus-lady. Put a shirt on. This is a civilized, respectable Eldritch dimension, thank you very much. Fat guy, give some of your massive body to the head. He needs a body, clearly."
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by tylertoon2 Sun Apr 28, 2013 7:22 pm

Mister Frost wrote:So I've been reading the Berzerk manga, and I've got to say what the fuck.

The hero just used his (ludicrously oversized) sword to chop a demon's head off. It then cuts to the hero, the demon, the demon's mortal daughter and the hero's annoying elf stalker all in an Escher painting along with what are apparently five of the strongest demons around: A tentacled head, a short, fat dude, a skeleton with a giant brain, a skinless dude with a domed head, and some kinda succubus with her tits just floppin' around. No one even mentions the tits, either. Or the brain.

That were me, I'd just be like "Hold up, hold up. Before we go any further--brain guy, put a hat on. You, with no skin...why don't you have any skin? You too good for skin, or something? You, succubus-lady. Put a shirt on. This is a civilized, respectable Eldritch dimension, thank you very much. Fat guy, give some of your massive body to the head. He needs a body, clearly."

Bodies are for foolish brains who still use their dumb 1.0 original operating system instead of upgrading.
tylertoon2
tylertoon2
Hydra

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by O. Hinds Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:25 pm

[Official!] Project Horizons Comment Crew Chat thread. - Page 10 Somber11
55 is up!
O. Hinds
O. Hinds
Zebra Engineer

Brohoof! : 383

Character List:
Name: Ris Haends Aeronauticus
Sex: Male
Species: Zebra

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:30 pm

And to say I hoped to achieve things tomorrow...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Moodyman90 Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:32 pm

Chapter 55 is up? Well... I can think of a lot of worse thing to kill my time with during finals week. At least I don't have any scheduled tomorrow.
Moodyman90
Moodyman90
Draconequus

Brohoof! : 163

Character List:
Name: Moody Blues/ Moodstone
Sex: Male/ Male
Species: Earth Pony/ Unicorn

Back to top Go down

Post by Admiral Stoic Rum Sun Apr 28, 2013 11:48 pm

RIGHT! FUCK! 63.5 Hours of a work week later and the somber signal! FUCK!

I cannot stay awake to read it, goddamn it and friday the next MN7 updates all that is left is for heroes to update there are many updates this week its going to be an interesting week leading up to my birthday on the sixth, and no I haven't a clue what I am going to do, I wanna have a party, but scheduling makes this almost impossible
Admiral Stoic Rum
Admiral Stoic Rum
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 83

Character List:
Name: Dr. Painkiller
Sex: Male
Species: Pony

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:39 am

Oh, sure, my Fiction teacher says he wants "outside the box" interpretation of the short story, but he shoots valid theories like "everyone has cancer" right the hell down.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:45 am

Context, plz ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:54 am

Guy (who's about to divorce his wife) gets a call from his college-age daughter that she's marrying (and pregnant with the child of) her sixty-three-year-old professor. I realize that this makes way more sense if everyone has cancer
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:01 am

I... fail to see it.

Could you develop your idea, please ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:19 am

The mom wants to be happy in her last days (the dad's a sarcastic, caustic asshole) so she's leaving him

The dad wants grandkids to carry on his name once he's gone, so he's pissed about his daughter marrying a guy who'll die before he can raise the kids

The old man knows he's dying soon, and wants a young companion to make him feel alive before he dies

The daughter, knowing her end is coming, decided to throw caution and sensibility to the wind and marry the man she really loves--the old guy
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:42 am

And it's in fact happening in Australia after the Bombs fell, while everyone is waiting to die from the fallouts once they reach the southern hemisphere.

#OnTheBeach
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:48 am

My general thinking on literature is to assume that there are about a billion horrible, unseen things happening at all times. This is because 90% of people seem to define "art" as "an author's manic-depressive ramblings"
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:52 am

billion horrible, unseen things happening at all times.
Well, technically and depending on your point of view, that's exactly what's happening at this very moment while we speak, so...
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 8:56 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:
billion horrible, unseen things happening at all times.
Well, technically and depending on your point of view, that's exactly what's happening at this very moment while we speak, so...

And none of the good, awesome unseen things that are also happening this very moment as we speak
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:00 am

Not all authors are Hideaki Anno.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:28 am

Well, yeah. By definition, only one author is that guy. That guy.
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:33 am

The joke is that that guy, the guy behind Neon Genesis Evangelion, is a well known case of authors being depressive and it reflecting heavily into their work (Neon Genesis Evangelion).
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Stringtheory Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:38 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The joke is that that guy, the guy behind Neon Genesis Evangelion, is a well known case of authors being depressive and it reflecting heavily into their work (Neon Genesis Evangelion).
Oh, you mean the Second Law of Metafictional Thermodynamics, "The entropy of a fictional system whose writer is not in emotional equilibrium will tend to increase over time, approaching a maximum value at the writer's emotional equilibrium."
I also see this law applying heavily with this story and Somber.
Stringtheory
Stringtheory
Alicorn

Brohoof! : 97

Back to top Go down

Post by Frost Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:42 am

Harmony Ltd. wrote:The joke is that that guy, the guy behind Neon Genesis Evangelion, is a well known case of authors being depressive and it reflecting heavily into their work (Neon Genesis Evangelion).

That's what I was talking about earlier, too. Around here, 'Oscar Bait' is what we call "artsy" works--stories that are clearly written by depressives that focus on everything bad in the world and nothing good, and they tend to rake up awards from pretentious critics like nobody's business
Frost
Frost

Character List:
Name:
Sex:
Species:

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:47 am

Did Jim Carrey ever get an oscar ? Because he clearly fucking deserve one. Or more.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 9:56 am

Man, I need to re-read Chapter 54 before starting to read Chapter 55, but it's just..

I...

Gah ! I have shit I need to get done !
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:02 am

source, plz ?
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Harmony Ltd. Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:04 am

My bad, didn't see that the image was a link.
Harmony Ltd.
Harmony Ltd.
Draconequus

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 32 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 21 ... 32  Next